Mystery Man

Series of One shots

Bold Italics is inside the game

Bold is text messages


You run out of the university that has kept you hostage for the past 6 hours. You run home and burst through the front door. You kick the door closed and kick your shoes off. You grab your laptop and turn it on. You log into your favorite RP game. You start playing. You cause your avatar to go into a dance club. Your avatar starts dancing when an arm wraps around her.

You are dancing when an arm wraps around your waist. The owner of the arm whispers in your ear, sending hot air fanning across your neck and ear.

Voice: “Why is such a pretty girl dancing alone?”

You turn around and see the most gorgeous guy you have ever seen smirking at you.

You: “I…uh….I’m Ari.”

Boy: “*leaning close to you* I know who you are Princess Arika.”

You stare at the boy with wide-eyes before grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the club. You stop and whip around to face him.

You: “Who are you and how do you know who I am?”

Boy: “I’m Jack the Conqueror. Everyone knows who you are. You are the princess.”

You: “*covering the boy’s mouth* Shhh, not so loud. You want everyone to know I’m the princess.”

Jack chuckles at your shyness. You scoff at the boy in front of you.

Jack: “Do you wanna go somewhere and hang out?”

You: “…..”

You quickly log off and shut down your laptop. You walk away from your laptop with a frown on your face.

You: “*talking aloud to yourself* Who does that guy think he is? Is he even a guy? Oh my god, maybe it was a girl flirting with me? What if it was? No! Think positively (Y/N). It’s just a game. There is a guy acting like he’s a conqueror and he just flirted with me. Nothing wrong with that. Right?”

---Meanwhile at Jackson’s house---

Jackson: “*slamming the keyboard and talking aloud to himself* What the hell? How can she just log off like that? All I asked her is if she wants to hang out. Wait. What is that was a guy? Did I just flirt with a guy? What am I thinking?”

Jackson shuts down the laptop and flops on his bed. He starts doing school work for his Korean Lit class.

---Back at your house---

You push the thoughts of the game out of your head as you try and focus on your Korean Lit homework. You finish it in record time and fall sleep so after.

---Two weeks later---

You are sitting in your chemistry class when your phone vibrates. You look at the phone and see it is a message from your mystery guy from the role play game you spend all your time on. You smile before opening the message to reply.

 

From: JackJack

To: Princess Ari

Hey. How’s your day going? Mine . I had to sit in this boring science class. I hate that class. The teacher is so boring.

 

To: JackJack

From: Princess Ari

My day is okay. I had a boring science class too. It’s my least favorite class.

 

To: Princess Ari

From: JackJack

J I gotta go to my next class. I’ll talk to you later.

 

From: Princess Ari

To: JackJack

Okay.

 

You smile before sliding your phone back into your backpack. You jog to your next class which happens to be art and take your seat. You start to sketch as soon as the last bell rings. Meanwhile on the other side of the school, music pumps from a room. Jackson dances along with the rest of his dance class. The teacher calls for a break. Jackson and some of the other boys start doing cartwheels and flips. They are having fun when the bell rings. Jackson is the first one out of the classroom. He grabs his backpack from his locker and sprints home. Jackson bursts through the door and logs onto his computer at the same time you do.

You are sitting on a bench near a fountain when you hear a sword being drawn. You look up and see Jack. You jump up and smile at him. The boy puts his sword back in the sheath and beams brightly at you.

Jack: “Your Highness.”

You: “I told you to call me Ari.”

Jack: “Ari. *blushes* I wanna show you something.”

Jack takes you to a mountain and starts pulling you up the slope. The two of you reach the summit and Jack covers your eyes.

Jack: “I wanted to show you a place that doesn’t hold a candle to your beauty.”

Jack uncovers your eyes and you see the beautiful landscape your family call their kingdom. You gasp at the sight of it all. You turn to Jack who is grinning like he has a secret.

You: “Why are you grinning like that?”

Jack: “*rubbing the back of his neck as the blush dusting his cheeks gets brighter* Uhh….A-Ari…..will you be my girlfriend?”

You stare at the blushing, stuttering boy and a smile breaks out across your face. You chuckle at bit before hugging the boy.

You: “Jack, I would love nothing more than to be your girlfriend. Yes, I will be your girlfriend.”

Jack blushes as he hugs you back. He picks you up and spins you around. He sets you down and looks down at his feet.

You: “What’s wrong?”

Jack: “*looking up* Can I kiss you?”

Instead of answering you kiss the boy full on the lips. He wraps his arms around your waist as you wrap yours around his neck. He pulls your closer as he deeps the kiss. He releases you and both of you are flushed and panting. You smile at the boy and turn to walk back down the mountain. He follows you and grabs your hand. The two of you walk down the hill hand in hand until you reach the bottom. Guards grab hold of Jack and haul him away. You chase after him but fall and rip your dress. You are lifted up and taken back to the palace where you are brought before two other gamers who are the king and queen.

You: “*facing turning read with anger* Let him go!”

King: “A princess doesn’t yell.”

You: “I don’t care! Let him go! He did nothing wrong!”

Queen: “Sweetheart, calm down. Yelling will not solve anything.”

King: “Listen to your mother. Yelling won’t solve anything because I am not releasing him.”

You: “*storming out with nursemaids in tow* I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!”

You go up to your room and slam the door.

You log off and walk away from your computer. You stomp to your room and grab your phone. You unlock it and scroll through the contacts. You find the person you have been looking for.

 

To: KDragon

From: ThePrincess

YOU LITTLE JERK! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

 

You lock the phone and head to the kitchen. You grab a bottle of water and sit down to start your homework. You are struggling through your math homework when your phone beeps.

 

To: ThePrincess

From: KDragon

I don’t know what you are talking about.

 

To: KDragon

From: ThePrincess

You know exactly what I am talking about. Don’t play dumb you little cuss.

 

To: ThePrincess

From:KDragon

You mean the game? I don’t like you with him. You know I like you.

 

To: KDragon

From: ThePrincess

Does that make sense? You are my father in that game. Tomorrow when I log on he better be released or I will hunt you down.

 

To: ThePrincess

From: KDragon

Fine. You are really mean you that.

 

To: KDragon

From: ThePrincess

I wouldn’t be mean if you weren’t a jerk Kris.

 

To: ThePrincess

From: KDragon

It just means you like me.

 

You scoff at the message and go back to your homework without replying. You finish your homework some four hours later. You stretch and go to bed. You sleep peacefully knowing the next day is the first day of a four day weekend from school.

---The next day---

You wake up earlier than you should have and grab your phone. You see that you have four messages. You unlock your phone to check them.

 

To: ThePrincess

From: KDragon

It’s done. I really wish you would admit you like me.

You scoff at the message before hitting reply.

To: KDragon

From: ThePrincess

I will not now nor will I ever like you as anything more than a friend.

 

You look at the next message and see that it is a survey. You delete the message and move onto the next one which you see is from your mom.

From: Mom

To: (Y/N)

Hello, sweetheart. I hope you are doing well in school. I miss you so much. I can’t wait until you come visit. Come soon.

You look at the message to make sure you are reading it correctly.

{Your POV} *chuckling* Sweetheart? Doing well? You miss me? This is a joke right? You sent me here so that I wouldn’t ruin your perfect family. I can’t believe you could tell such a lie. {End}

From: (Y/N)

To: Mom

I won’t be home until the end of the semester. I decided to go for the spring student exchange program so I will be in Japan during spring break instead of coming home.

 

From: Mom

To: (Y/N)

Haven’t you been away from home long enough? Fine. Don’t come home.

You roll your eyes at your mom’s reply and move onto the next message. You smile seeing who it is from.

To: Princess Ari

From: JackJack

Hi. I hope you slept well Ari. I didn’t. But I’m okay.

 

To: JackJack

From: Princess Ari

I slept okay. I’m sorry you didn’t sleep well. I wish I could put a smile on your face.

 

To: Princess Ari

From: JackJack

Why can’t you? Let’s meet. I am dying to know what you look like.

 

To: JackJack

From: Princess Ari

Sure. Let’s meet at the park by Seoul International University.

 

To: Princess Ari

From: JackJack

Okay. See you there in twenty minutes. Meet me by the swings.

 

To: JackJack

From: Princess Ari

Sounds good.

You put your phone back on your dresser and go to get dressed. You make toast and once it is done, you put jam on it and rush out of the house. You walk to the University. You reach the park with five minutes to spare. You sit on the swings and start swinging. You look at your phone and see that you have a message.

 

From: JackJack

To: Princess Ari

Turn around.

 

You turn around to see a gorgeous boy standing behind you. He bows like a knight.

Boy: “Your highness.”

You giggle and smile at the boy.

You: “*curtsy* Kind sir.”

The boy smiles at you and walks up to you.

Boy: “*smiling* Jack the conqueror but in the real world they call me Jackson.”

You: “Princess Arika but everyone out here calls me (Y/N).”

Jackson: “It’s nice to finally meet you. You are much prettier in person.”

A blush paints the boy’s cheeks as he smiles at you, rubbing the back of his neck.

You: “*blushing at the compliment* Thank you. You are much more handsome in person as well.”

The boy stars at you wide-eyed.

You: “But there is one thing, I can’t quite put my finger on. I feel like I’ve seen you before. *you step closer to the boy who backs up* I got it. *snaps your fingers* You are in my chemistry class. You are the transfer student right?”

Jackson: “*nods* And you are the girl that sits in the back not paying attention but always seems to get good grades.”

You laugh and nod at the boy.

---One month later---

You: “*running and jumping on a figure* Yah!”

Figure: “*pulling your legs around his waist* Hey (Y/N). What’s up?”

You: “Jackson, you promised to teach me how to dance.”

Jackson: “*setting you down* I am. Why else would I be at school at this ungodly hour on a Saturday.”

You: “*hugging Jackson* Thank you so much. You are the best friend a girl could ask for.”

It has been one month since you and Jackson met in person. In that time you have abandoned the game that brought you together and you have been harboring a crush on him, little did you know that he has felt the same way.

Jackson: “I know I am.”

Jackson leads you to the dance studio where he attempts to teach you the dance. You try it alone and trip over your own feet. Jackson catches you and smiles at you. He stands you upright and you go to walk out but stumble forward and fall into Jackson’s arms once again.

Jackson: “*smirking* Girls, girls, girls they love me. *you stare at him as if he has gone crazy* But I only love you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Are you going to say yes or tell him you want to stay friends?


Wild and y Jackson.

With a cute side