Smile, you are in love

Series of One shots

Ae Sung is an up and coming model. Her dream has always been to be photographed by Chen. He is an awesome photographer that has a way of photographing models that brings out their natural beauty. Ae Sung’ s dream came true when she got a call from her manager, Kai, telling her to meet him at the agency. Ae Sung walks through the doors of EXOtic Modeling Agency to see her manager Kai asleep at his desk.

Ae Sung: “*slamming the door* Kai. *the sleeping man awakes* You wanted to see me?”

Kai: “*shuffling through some papers on his desk* Yeah, SM Designs saw you at the Peter Pan show, three months ago and want to you to be the new face of their company. Are you up for it?”

Ae Sung: “*sitting down* Sure. I would love to.”

Kai: “*handing Ae Sung her portfolio* Here. The address is on the front. Head there now; the photographer is waiting for you.”

Ae Sung nods and heads to SM Designs Studio. She walks through the doors of the design studio and explains to the receptionist why she is there. The young girl behind the desk directs her to go to the fourth floor. Ae Sung heads up and sees an open area with different sets and a man fiddling with a camera.

Ae Sung: “*clearing * Excuse me. My name is Ae Sung and I was asked to come in to be the face of SM Designs.”

The man turns around and Ae Sung sees that it is the photographer she has been dreaming to work with since she started modeling, Chen.

Chen: “*sticking his hand out to the girl* It’s nice to meet you Ae Sung-sshi. *pointing to his left* There is a dressing room over there, please go in there and change into the pink floral dress. When you return our makeup artist and hair stylist will fix your hair and makeup.”

Chen turns back to fiddling with the camera while Ae Sung goes to change into the dress. When she returns, she seems two men standing in the room with Chen. They introduce themselves as Luhan and Baekhyun. Luhan grabs Ae Sung first and sits her down. He begins fluffing up her hair.

Luhan: “*leaning over the model’s shoulder* You have beautiful hair.”

Luhan starts styling the girl’s hair. When he is finished, she has two spiral curled pig-tails. Baekhyun comes over to her.

Baekhyun: “*peering at her face* You have the prettiest eyes I have ever seen. With just a little makeup, they will stand out perfectly.”

Baekhyun grabs a slate grey eyeliner pencil and lines the girl’s eyes; he finishes off the look with a swipe of pink lip gloss. He stands back to admire his work. He gives her a smile and guides her over to the set that looks like a meadow. Chen turns around and smiles at the doll-like girl in front of him. He starts snapping pictures of the girl as she does pose after pose. When he is finished, Ae Sung goes and changes back into the clothes she came in. She heads over to the photographer who is looking at the shots.

Ae Sung: “*looking over his shoulder* These are really good. Thank you for photographing me so well.”

Chen: “*shaking his head* Aniyo. You are beautiful. That’s why they came out so well.”

Ae Sung: “Please let me take you out for coffee to thank you for the amazing pictures.”

Chen: “That is fine. *looking up from the computer* I will see you next week for the fitting.”

{Ae Sung POV} *walking out of the studio* He is really cute. I never would have thought that someone who spends their life behind a camera would be that good looking. I have to figure out a way to get him to see me as more than just a model. {End}

{Chen POV} *looking at the shots that were taken* She is really pretty. I can see why Xiumin wanted her to be the face of the company. She has a natural beauty that none of the other models even come close to. I can’t wait to see her walk in the show. {End}

---One Week Later---

Ae Sung goes back to the studio and goes straight to the dressing room. She finds a rack of clothes with her name on it. She grabs the outfit at the front and the designer walks in. He helps her to make sure the clothes fit properly. When they are done she leaves. She looks around the studio and finds Chen on the computer again.

Ae Sung: “Chen? *the man in question looks up* Do you want to grab a coffee?”

Chen: “*smiling at the girl* Actually, I was hoping you would still be here after the fitting. *Ae Sung’s face brightens* I want to take some shots of you outside with natural light. Are you busy? *Ae Sung shakes her head beaming brightly* Okay, let’s go.”

Chen grabs his camera and the two head outside. He takes shots of Ae Sung walking and twirling; she is laughing and enjoying herself. When they are done, they head to a local coffee shop. Ae Sung is flirting with the photographer but he is just talking to her about the shots and how well he thinks they will come out. Ae Sung finally has had enough and decides to ask Chen why he won’t stop talking about work.

Ae Sung: “*placing her mug on the table* Chen-sshi, do you have to talk about work?”

Chen: “*flashing his signature smile* We are working.”

Ae Sung: “*pouts* You don’t see me as more than a job, do you?”

Chen: “*raising an eyebrow* Should I?”

Ae Sung: “*standing up* Yes, because I am not just a model. I am a woman and I like you.”

Chen: “*placing a hand on Ae Sung’s shoulder* Sweetheart, I really appreciate that but you are just a job. I photograph you and that’s it.”

Ae sung doesn’t answer and instead just leaves.

---One month later---

Ae Sung is heading to the venue for the SM Growl Show. She walks in ready to do the show and sees Chen. During the month that Ae Sung has been preparing for the show, Chen has begun to develop feelings for Ae Sung while the young model has given up on her feelings for Chen. The photographer walks up to the model and smiles at her.

Chen: “*smiling* Ae Sung-sshi, how have you been?”

Ae Sung: “Chen-sshi.”

The young model walks past the photographer and heads to the dressing room. She puts on her first outfit and begins prepping for the show. A few minutes later the show starts, it goes off without a hitch and Ae Sung looks beautiful in every outfit. The show ends with all of the models walking down the runway with Xiumin. After the show, Ae Sung is heading out of the venue, she runs into Chen.

Ae Sung: “*bowing to Chen* Good work.”

Chen: “Can I take you out for coffee?”

Ae Sung: “*looking at her watch* I am busy.”

Chen: “*grabbing the model’s arm* Ae Sung-sshi, over this last month I have started to like you. I don’t just see you as a model. You are a beautiful girl with a drive and natural beauty that is more than just attracting it’s what gives you your natural beauty.”

Ae Sung: “*dropping honorifics* Chen, when I told you I liked you, you told me I was just a job. Now, that I have no interest in you; you suddenly like me.”

Chen: “*looking down* I’m sorry. I had a bad experience with dating someone I work with and I didn’t want to open my heart up to that again. I’m sorry.”

Ae Sung: “Chen, I am really busy. Maybe, I will see you at the next shoot.”

Ae Sung leaves and heads back to EXOtic Modeling Agency to check in with Kai. She spends the rest of the day at the agency practicing her walk. She heads home and her phone starts to ring and she picks it up.

{Phone Convo}

Ae Sung: “Yoboseyo.”

Caller: “ Hello, Ae Sung-sshi. It’s Chen, the photographer for SM Designs.”

Ae Sung: “Hello Chen-sshi. Is there something I can help you with?”

Chen: “Would you be able to meet me for coffee?”

Ae Sung: “Sure.”

Chen: “I’ll meet you outside the coffee shop near SM Designs.”

{End}

Ae Sung hangs up with Chen and grabs a taxi. She heads over to the coffee shop to meet Chen. She sees the young photographer sitting in a booth, coolly sipping a cup of coffee. She sits across from him and orders a mango smoothie. He smiles at her after she orders.

Ae Sung: “Why did you want to meet with me?”

Chen: “I want a chance to make it up to you. I want to have a chance to be your boyfriend.”

Ae Sung: “*smiling* Okay, I will give you a chance. *Chen lights up* But, you have to convince me.”

Chen: “*taking a deep breath* Okay, Ae Sung-sshi. *thinking for a second* Ae Sung-sshi, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and I feel a connection to you whether it’s behind the camera or not. I can’t stop thinking about you. I compare every girl I see to you. You have a hold on my heart that makes me feel as if I am suffocating. I want to see you smile everyday, to hear you laugh and to capture every moment of your happiness, knowing that I am the reason behind it. Please give me the chance to make you smile.”

Ae Sung: “*smirking at the photographer* Chen-sshi, that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me and although I am still upset about you calling me a ‘job’ but I would love nothing more than to be your girlfriend.”

Chen gets up and smiles at the girl. He grabs her and pulls her into a kiss.

Chen: “*smirking* I’ll take this as our first date.”

Ae Sung nods and pulls her new photographer boyfriend into yet another kiss.