The Green Monster

Series of One shots

It is the first day of school after summer vacation. You decided to stay home since it was your last summer before college. You best friend, Chanyeol, went off to some summer camp. You hadn’t seen him all summer and couldn’t wait to get to school. You dash downstairs nearly knocking your older sister over and out the door. You stand at the bus stop practically vibrating at the thought that you will soon see your best friend. The bus finally arrives and you dash onto the bus and take the first available seat. Within minutes the bus comes to a stop. You dash off the bus and down the sidewalk to the school. You burst through the front door startling a group of cheerleaders standing by the door. You scan the group of students and finally spot the boy you have been looking for.

You: “*running down the hallway and pouncing* Channie!”

Chanyeol: “*pulling your legs up to wrap around his waist* Good morning to you too.”

You: “*smiling against the giant’s neck* I missed you.”

Chanyeol: “*setting you down and turning to face you* Is that so?”

You: “*pouting and punching his shoulder* Of course. You are my best friend.”

Chanyeol smiles at you with that famous smile of his that makes all the girls fall all over themselves. You are grinning back when you see a flash of blond walk past you. You ignore it thinking it is just another jock and then it comes back a second time.

You: “*leaning close to Chanyeol and whispering* Channie, do you see that blonde kid? *Chanyeol looks at the retreating blonde head and then nods* He’s walked by here twice, he can’t be lost can he?”

Chanyeol: “*turning to you and grinning* Maybe he is trying to get your attention. I mean it’s gotta be hard for a guy to approach such a cute girl like you alone.”

You blush and watch as the blonde head walks by a third time. You follow him and he stops in the middle of the wall and starts looking around dazed and confused. You clear your throat causing the boy to turn around and gapes at you.

You: “*flashing your sweetest smile* Lost?”

The boy nods dumbly. You stick your hand out and Kai grabs it and looks at you like a little kid who has lost his way.

You: “*looking down at the boy’s hand and blushing* I….uhhhh….need your schedule.”

The boy hands you the schedule and you skim the page. You find out that he has English with you and Chanyeol. You pull the boy along with you back to where you left Chanyeol. You see the boy still standing there.

You: “*pulling the blonde to stand beside you* Channie, this is uhhh…..What’s your name?”

Boy: “*speaking in a strong deep but honeyed voice* Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai.”

You: “This is Kai and he has English with us.”

Chanyeol: “*sticking his hand out* Chanyeol. *the boys shake hands* The glamazon over there is (Y/N).”

After introductions, the three of you start towards your English class on the second floor. You reach the classroom and find your seats leaving Kai to stand alone. You grab his wrist and pull him towards the empty seat next to you. You see the boy’s cheeks heat up as he mumbles a thank you.  Today’s lesson is presented in a video which you and Chanyeol pay no attention to whatsoever, instead the two of you draw cartoon and comics in your notebooks. You notice Kai looking over at the two of you and you decide to include him in your shenanigans. He draws pretty well and by the time the class is over the three of you have a comic book drawn up. You all walk out of class and to the lunch room where you sit at your usual table, soon your brother Tao shows up with a large pizza pie.

Tao: “*sitting down at the table* Here. *noticing Kai* Who’s this? Your boyfriend?”

You: “*smirking* Yes, as a matter of fact, he is. *grabbing his hand* Isn’t that right sweetie?”

Kai blushes a vivid red and clears his throat. He looks over at your brother who is giving Kai the death stare.

Tao: “*glaring at Kai* If you hurt my baby sister, you will suffer the consequences. Understood?”

Kai nods to the boy and Tao gets up to leave, as soon as he is gone you and Chanyeol burst into a fit of laughter. 

You: “*trying to recover* Don’t be too scared of Tao, he is all bark and no bite. *suddenly getting serious* So, Kai what do you say you and me give this dating thing a try? *Kai chokes out a answer* Come on Kai, your gorgeous, I’m adorable *pulling an aegyo* and I just made my brother believe we were dating so why not?”

Kai: “*staring at you with owl eyes* I don’t know you that well.”

You: “*waving a hand* Formalities. *eyes glinting* Well?”

Kai finally says yes and you lean across the table and peck the boy on the lips. He blushes an even deeper red while you dig into the pizza which is half gone thanks to Chanyeol.

---One Month later---

You and Kai have been together for a month and the two of you are attached at the hip. You guys are on a date at the amusement park when you phone starts buzzing. You take it out of your pocket and see that it’s Chanyeol.

{Phone convo}

You: “Hey Channie. What’s up?”

Chanyeol: “Hey…..are you.......ummmm…..busy?”

You: “*looking over at Kai who is getting the two of you food* I’m on a date with Kai but tell me what’s wrong.”

Chanyeol: “*silent for a minute* I…just…uhhh….nevermind. Enjoy your date.”

You: “Park Chanyeol, what is wrong with you?”

Chanyeol: “*deadpanning* Sumin broke up with me.”

You: “Oh, Channie. Are you okay? *Chanyeol mutters something on the other end* Channie, I’ll be right over.

{End}

Before the boy can answer, you hang up. As you are putting your phone back into your pocket, Kai walks over with ice cream. You look at it with a sad expression.

Kai: “* his cone* You okay? Do you not like this flavor?”

You: “*shaking your head* No, it’s not that Kai. It’s just it’s going to go to waste. *noticing Kai’s expression change* Chanyeol needs me right now.”

Kai: “*slamming the ice cream cone into the trash* But you are on a date with me so why is he important?”

You: “He’s my best friend and his girlfriend just dumped him!”

You don’t wait for Kai to retort but instead walk away. Before you know it, you have walked the entire mile between the amusement park and Chanyeol’s house. You ring the doorbell and Chanyeol answers the door. You pull the tall boy into a hug and he begins to sob. Little did the two of you know but there was a witness to your touching scene and that someone was none too happy at what he was seeing. You pull the tall boy inside and try to comfort him.

---The next day at school---

You walk into school with Chanyeol in tow. You see Kai almost as soon as you walk through the doors. You run over to him.

You: “*back-hugging him* Hey handsome.”

Kai pries your arms from around his waist and walks away. You follow him until he reaches the stairs, whereupon he wipes around with a pure rage written on his face. You shrink back a little.

Kai: “*glaring down at you* Why are you following me? Why don’t you go to your new boyfriend, Chanyeol?”

You: “*looking a little hurt* Kai, Chanyeol is not my boyfriend.”

Kai: “*raising his voice* Then why did you leave me to go be with him? Huh? You can’t answer can you?”

You: “*tears b* Kai, stop it okay? Chanyeol and I made a pact after my first boyfriend stood me up and went out with another girl. We agreed that if one of us got dumped, we would take all the pictures and gifts from that person and make a bonfire out of them to help us feel better.”

Chanyeol: “*coming out of nowhere* Kai, she loves you and would never cheat on you.”

Kai: “*grabbing your shoulders and looking into your eyes* I need to here you say it.”

You: “*reaching between the two of you and grabbing Kai’s face* Kai, I love you to the ends of the Earth and back and would never ever cheat on you.”

Kai smirks at you and then plants the most mind-blowing sense-numbing kiss of your life. When you pull apart, Kai pulls you into a hug and mutters that he loves you.