Made for You

Series of One shots

 

*ring ring* A young boy reaches for the small ringing device.
Boy: “Hello.”
Man: “Hello. Is this Luhan?”
Boy: “Yes.”
Man: “Congratulations Mr. Luhan. You have been chosen to try out our new product. Someon will be there shortly to bring you to our company.”
Luhan: “Uhhh. Okay.”
Man: “Well then, I will see you soon. *hangs up*”
Shortly after Luhan hits “end” on his phone, there is a knock at the door. Luhan goes to answer it. There is a man dressed in a suit standing on the other side.
Man: “*bowing* Are you Luhan? *Luhan nods* My name is Oh Sehun and I will be your driver.”
Luhan follows Sehun to a black stretch limo with a strange logo on the side.
Luhan: “What does the symbol stand for?”
Sehun: “That’s EXO Productions logo. That’s where we are headed.”
Sehun and Luhan get into the car and drive off. Soon they arrive at EXO Productions. Sehun ushers Luhan into a room with a weird capsule, behind a pane of glass. Sehun walks over to the only desk in the room and says something to the person sitting in the high-backed black leather swivel chair. As Sehun leaves the person turns around in the chair, revealing a man in a black suit.
Man: “Hello, Mr. Luhan. My name is Kim Minseok but you can call me Xiumin. You have been invited here to test out our newest product, Airen. *gestures to the tablet on the desk* Please answer a few questions, so that we can ensure your satisfaction with our product.”
Luhan: “Airen? What’s that?”
Xiumin: “Airen is your perfect mate. *clicks around on the computer* Shall we begin?”
{Luhan POV} *thinking* What can this hurt? It’s probably a joke. I guess I could just answer a few questions. {End}
Luhan: “Sure.”
Xiumin: “Okay. First question, innocent, feisty or a combination? *Luhan chooses combination*Interesting.  Next, Cute or y? *Luhan chooses y* Really? Next, your idea of a perfect date. Dinner and a movie? Or watching the sunset? *Luhan chooses sunset* A romantic. Finally, choose your Airen’s face.”
Luhan scrolls through the pictures on the tablet screen and finally settles on one who is flashing on of the brightest, iest smiles he has ever seen.
Xiumin: Great. Mr. Luhan, your Airen will arrive at your home in one week. *picks up the phone* Sehun, please return Mr. Luhan to his home.”
Within minutes of Xiumin hanging up the phone, Sehun arrives and escorts Luhan home.
---One Week Later---
Luhan is getting ready for work when there is a loud knock at the door. Luhan opens the door to reveal a large box. Luhan looks around to see if anyone is outside, then he drags the box in and drops it in the living room.
Luhan: “*staring at the box* What is this?”
Just as Luhan is about to open the large box, his cell phone rings. Luhan grabs the device and answers it.
Luhan: “Hello.”
Voice: “Hello, Mr. Luhan. It’s Xiumin from EXO Productions. Have you received your Airen?”
Luhan: “So, that’s what this box is?”
Xiumin: “Yes. Take care of your Airen. Goodbye.”
Xiumin hangs up before Luhan has a chance to respond. Luhan turns back to the box, he hesitates as he opens the lid. When he finally opens the box, he jumped back in surprise, for inside that box was a girl dressed only in a bikini. It appears as if she is sleeping.  Luhan stares at the girl and then notices a card inside the box. He grabbed the card and started to read.
Luhan: “*reading the card* Congratulations you are the proud recipient of an EXO Productions new product, Airen. The product is designed to be the ultimate mate that will guarantee happiness. To boot up your Airen, share a kiss. *drops the card* A KISS?! I can’t kiss a robot! *looks closely at the Airen* She looks so life-like. I guess….No.”
Luhan continues to debate with himself. He finally gives in and decided to peck the girl in the box on the lips. He leans down and pecks her soft lips. As soon as he does, he pulls back to see if the Airen’s eyes have opened. When he sees they have not he pouts, standing up to leave.
Luhan: “*kicking the box*Stupid thing doesn’t even work. *grabs keys and wallet* Oh well, I guess I’ll return it after I get off work.”
Luhan leaves for work, failing to notice the necklace the girl was wearing has started to glow white.
---A few hours later---
Luhan: “*on his way out of the office* Bye Yixing. Zitao. I’ll see you tomorrow for the presentation.”
Luhan heads to his car and heads home. As he is walking up to his apartment, he looks through his phone for the number to EXO productions. He reaches his front door, just as he is about to stick the key in the lock, he hears movement. Slowly he sticks the key in the lock and carefully opens the door. He walks over the threshold and ventures into the house. He hears more movement which seems to be coming from the living room. He walked around the corner to see a young girl exploring the space.
Luhan: “Who are you? Why are you in my house?”
Girl: “*turning to Luhan and scanning him* Luhan. Male. Match. *face lights up with a smile* BAOBEI! *runs to Luhan and hugs him*”
Luhan: “*shocked* Do I know you?”
Girl: “*pulling away and smiling* I am your Airen.”
Luhan: “*still shocked* Airen? Oh right, the perfect mate from EXO Productions. *girl nods* Do you have a name?  *girl shakes her head* Hmmm no name…..How about (Y/N)?”
You: “*jumping on Luhan* BAOBEI! I love it!”
Luhan: “*pushing you off*  Stop calling me Baobei. I don’t even know you.”
You: “*placing a hand on your hip* I am your Airen. You designed me.”
Luhan: “Okay. Fine but stop calling me Baobei. *looks at you* For now, let’s get you some clothes. *goes into his bedroom and grabs sweatpants and a t-shirt* Here. We can go to the mall tomorrow and get you some real clothes. I am going to bed.”
---The next day---
Luhan wakes up to the blaring of the alarm clock. When he sits up, he bangs his head on something hard.
You: “*sitting on top of the bed, leaning over you* Good morning.”
Luhan scrambles towards the headboard.
Luhan: “What that? Why are here?”
You: “*sitting back with a pout* Aren’t we going shopping?”
Luhan: “Right.”
Luhan gets up and gets ready. Soon after you and Luhan enter the mall where he buys you tons of clothes and then you head home.
---A few weeks later---
{Luhan POV} *watching you play with a small child* She’d make a great mom. *realizing what he just thought about* Wait, what am I thinking? She’s a robot. *looking at you* Am I falling in love with her? *shaking his head* No, I can’t be. {End}
Just as Luhan is thinking he can’t possibly be in love with you, you collapse onto the ground.
Luhan: “*running towards you* (Y/N)!!!! *lifts you onto his lap* Wake up! *pulls out his phone to call and ambulance* Wait, she’s not human. *calls Xiumin* Xiumin, my Airen collapsed! What should I do?!”
Xiumin: “*calmly* For now, take her home. I’ll meet you there.”
Luhan picks you up bridal style and runs home with you. When he arrives Xiumin is already there. Luhan and Xiumin go into the apartment. Xiumin starts running tests on you. When he is finished, he closes his computer and stands up.
Luhan: “Is she okay?”
Xiumin: “It is as I feared. *Luhan looks at the black-clad man curiously* She is ‘dying’.”
Luhan: “What? Why?”
Xiumin: “It’s like the battery in a phone. The more you use it, the more the battery life dwindles.”
Luhan: “*sadly* How much time does she have?”
Xiumin: “*walking towards the door* I give her six months.”
Xiumin leaves just as the tears Luhan has been holding back since you collapsed, start to fall. He doesn’t notice your necklace glow a pale blue color.
You: “*appearing behind Luhan* Baobei….Why are you sad?”
Luhan: “*turning to you* I’m fine. I’m going to lay down.”
---6 months later---
Luhan has been watching you slowly “die” for the past few months. One day, while you and Luhan were cooking, you collapse again. Luhan catches you before you before you hit the ground. He cries as he holds you.
Luhan: “*crying* Baobei, I love you. You can’t die. I need you.”
Luhan closes his eyes and he cries.
You: “*reaching up and touching your face* Baobei? *Luhan looks down* Baobei. Wo ai ni.”
As you utter those words, the charm on your necklace flashes and then goes black. Luhan sobs as he holds you. After a few hours, Xiumin comes and picks you up to take you back to the EXO Productions building.
---A few days later---
There is a knock at Luhan’s door. Luhan shuffles towards the door with the look of a man with a broken heart. He opens the door to find a beautiful woman standing on the other side.
You: “Baobei. Ni hao.”
Luhan: “*face lighting up*(Y/N), I thought…..*pulling you close* Forget it. You are here now. *kisses you*”
When Luhan pulls back with a smile on his face, your charm glows a vibrant pink.
You: “*looking at the charm and then back at Luhan with a smile* What should we do now?”
Luhan: “*pulling you into the apartment* I have a few ideas. *closes the door.”