Cold

Series of One shots

Another flipping EXO story. I will try to write about others. I guess my rant meant nothing.


You slip your black and silver skinny jeans over your legs and grab the red sweater lying on your bed. You put it over your head and slip into your sneakers. You brush your naturally curly hair and pull it into a loose ponytail. You swipe on some eyeliner and lip gloss. You look up at the clock and smile as you hear the doorbell ring.

You: “Right on time.”

You slowly walk to the door and wait a few minutes. The doorbell is run again and you look up at the clock again. You wait a few more minutes before opening the door with a smirk.

You: “*smirking* You are late.”

The boy on the other side of the door looks at you with a sweet smile plastered across his face. He wraps his arm around your waist and pulls you close.

Boy: “I was right on time. I made sure of it.”

He nuzzles into your neck, eliciting a giggle from you.

You: “*giggling* Jongin, hajima.”

Kai stops and looks at your with a bright smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Kai: “Ready?”

You grab your coat and purse, nodding at you close the door behind you. You and Kai walk all through Seoul, stopping at all the shops. You walk by a little store selling couple t-shirts and Kai pulls you into it. As he is rifling through the rack of shirts for one that he likes, you notice a group of girls that is growing steadily. You start to hear shutter of cameras snapping pictures and apparently Kai hear this as well.

Kai: “*still looking through the clothes* Ignore them.”

You try to ignore the growing crowd of females with cameras but the crowd starts to grow even more and they start closing in on the two of you. You watch them out of the corner of your eye as they move closer. You go rigid and then turn to Kai to tell him you want to leave, only to find him gripping a t-shirt hard enough to turn his knuckles white and a dark cloud passing through his chocolate orbs. You touch his arm and he releases the t-shirt, he pulls a smile and turns to the crowd of females. They squeal when he flashes his smile, nearly blowing out your ear drum.

Kai: “*smiling* Everyone, I thank you for the love that you are showing right now but I am on a date. You are making my girlfriend very uncomfortable. Can you please give us some space and privacy?”

The girls take a few steps back but continue to snap pictures. Kai shrugs and turns back to the rack of clothes, pulling out two t-shirts. He holds them up and nods with a goofy grin. He shows them to you and hands you the pink one with the blue monster on it.

Kai: “Try this on.”

You walk towards the dressing rooms thinking Kai is right behind you, instead you see him lay the t-shirt on top of the rack and pull his sweater off. He slips into the t-shirt and shows you. You blush at the scene that just played before you. You give him a weak thumbs up before going to the dressing room to try the shirt on. You pull the shirt over your head and step out, running into Kai.”

Kai: “Wah, you look pretty.”

Kai kisses you and then pushes you back into the dressing room.

Kai: “*leaning on the wall opposite the dressing room* Hurry. I have somewhere I want to take you.”

You hurriedly change your clothes and leave the dressing room. You see Kai standing up against the wall, playing with his phone. You clear your throat to get his attention, when he looks up a smile spread across his face. He walks over to you and wraps his arm around your waist. He pays for the shirts and the two of you walk out of the store. You continue walking down the street when something catches your eye. It is a big black teddy bear. You stop and stare at it for a moment. When Kai turns around to see why you stopped, you skip over to him. He grab his arm and pull him away. The two of you stop in another store that is selling hats. You are trying on a cute little wolf hat but when you turn around to ask Kai what he thinks he is nowhere to be found. You put the hat back and walk out of the store. You turn around in circles looking for the boy. You are looking down the street when you feel something nudge your shoulder. You turn around to come face to face with teddy bear you were staring at earlier. You pet its head and as a smile spreads across your lips, the teddy bear is extended towards you. You take it and behind it your find Kai smiling at you. You squeal in delight as you attack your boyfriend with a hug.

Kai: “I guess you like it.”

You nod and Kai leads you to a coffee shop. He sits you down in a chair and goes to order. You watch him smile at the barista as he takes the coffees and cake from her. You watch as her hand lingers just a little too long on his. By the time Kai has reached the table, you are seething with anger. Kai sits across from you and as he hands you your coffee, he notices the angry red aura that is surrounding you.

Kai: “Baby, are you okay?”

You: “*rolling your eyes* Must be nice to know you have options.”

You get up and leave the coffee shop, leaving a stunned Kai in your wake. He grabs the bear and runs out after you. He grabs you hand which you rip from his grasp and continue blindly walking through the cold winter streets of Seoul. Kai drops the bear and grabs your shoulders with both hands, whipping you around.

Kai: “Why do you keep running from me? *you ignore him and look away* Tell me so I can fix it.”

You let a single tear fall which Kai wipes away and pulls you into a hug causing you to sob into his chest.

Kai: “*holding onto you tightly* I’m sorry. Baby, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m sorry.”

You: “*pulling back away from Kai* She was prettier than me.”

Kai: “*smiling down at you* Babe, no one is prettier than you.”

Kai pulls into another hug and kisses the top of your head. He pulls back and grabs your hand.

Kai: “It’s cold.”

You giggle at Kai’s silliness as the two of you walk back to your house.