Surprise

Series of One shots

Surprise

It is birthday and after a long day of no one remembering your birthday. You are feeling really down since not only was your family not here but even your best friends, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, forgot your birthday. You go home from school and got dressed in your best party outfit and head to the local bar to wallow in your own self-pity. You are walking down the street when suddenly feel someone grab your arm and pull you into a dark ally. You are about to scream for help when someone puts a hand over your mouth.

Voice: “*hand over your mouth* Sweetie, calm down. We will not hurt you.”

You try to ask a question but it is muffled by the man’s hand. He removes his hand and you try to turn around to see his face but he holds your shoulders to prevent you from turning.

You: “*getting scared* We? Who’s we?”

Before the man could answer, a car pulls up blinding you with its headlights. Before you can adjust, a blindfold is slid over your eyes and you are put into the back of the car. You try to pull the blindfold off but have your wrists grabbed by the man who had muffled your screams just moments before. You ride like this in silence for what seems like an eternity. Just when you are about to ask where they were taking you, the car comes to a halt. You are pulled from the car.

Male voice: “You can take the blindfold off.”

You remove the blindfold and see your best friends, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, standing in front of your with big grins on their face.

Baekhyun & Kyungsoo: “*in unison* Happy Birthday.”

You: “*glaring* You guys are so dead.”

Baekhyun: “*putting his hands up* Wait, we wanted to surprise you.”

Kyungsoo: “*smile fading* We wanted to give a great birthday party since you family isn’t here.”

You: “*calm down* You guys, thank you but did you really have to do all that?”

Baekhyun: “*laughing* We thought it would be fun.”

Kyungsoo: “*walking over to you and pulling you forward* Now, time for fun.”

You: “What do we have planned?”

Baekhyun: “*gesturing to the carnival that you completely missed* This.”

You and the two boys run into the carnival and ride all the rides. You fill up on junk food and act like three little kids. The announcement that the carnival is about to close, the three of you walk off to the beach. You kick off your shoes and run into the water. The two boys watch you like two proud parents. You go out until the water reaches your waist and you look out across the water and start sobbing. The two boys walk out into the water with you and hold you as you sob. They help you walk back to the shore and sit you down in the sand. You continue to cry as the boys sit down with you.

Kyungsoo: “*rubbing your back to soothe you* Let it all out. It’s your party so cry if you want to.”

Baekhyun: “Yeah so cry it out.”

You slowly calm down and then you lay back into the sand.

You: “*looking up at the stars* I miss my family.”

The boys lay down next to you and stare at the stars with you.

Baekhyun: “*pouting while staring* Why would you miss your family when we are right here?”

Kyungsoo: “*propping himself up on your elbows* Baek shut up, now is not the time for that.”

You: “*grabbing Kyungsoo’s arm* It’s okay. You guys are like a family.”

Baekhyun: “*turning to you* We will always be there for you.”

You stand up and usher the two boys to stand up. They stand up and you pull them both into a hug.

You: “*hugging the boys* Thank you for the best birthday ever guys.”

Kyungsoo: “It’s not over yet. *pulling something from his pocket* You haven’t opened your presents.”

You take the box from Kyungsoo and open it. Inside is a sparkling sterling silver necklace with your initial on it. You hand it to him and turn around so he can put it on you. You touch the necklace as soon as he clasps it around your neck. You turn around and place a kiss on the Kyungsoo’s cheek causing the boy to blush a vivid pink. Then Baekhyun taps your shoulder and hands you another box. You open it and inside is a bangle with your name on it. You kiss the boy on his cheek as well. Kyungsoo runs off to the car and comes back with a picnic basket filled with all your favorite food. The three of you sit down to eat and Kyungsoo pulls out a thermos filled with seaweed soup which you love. You all eat the meal and when you are done, Baekhyun pull the cake from the basket and put the candles into it. He lights it and him and Kyungsoo sing happy birthday to you. They cut the cake and you all eat.

You: “*swallowing the mouthful cake* You know I love you guys.”

Baekhyun: “*leaning back and stretching his legs* Yeah, we know.”

 Kyungsoo: “*hugging you* We love you too and Happy Birthday.”


This what Kyungsoo does to those who don't comment.