Frenemy

Series of One shots

Yes it is another EXO story. Yes it was requested. Got a problem with that? I don't care. Just read.

 

Bold is text messages


You: “*running towards a tall blond* Tao!”

The boy in question looks up at the mention of his name. He smiles as soon as he sees you.

Tao: “Ni hao.”

You: “He said yes. I asked him and he said yes.”

Tao: “Who are you talking about?”

You: “Jae Rim. Song Jae Rim. I asked him out today and he said yes. Taozi, my crush said he would be my boyfriend. “

Tao forces a smile before getting into the driver seat of his car. You walk around to the passenger side and slide in.

You: “You aren’t going to say anything.”

Tao: “*deadpanning* Congratulations.”

You: “Not exactly the right thing to say. So, where are we going for lunch.”

Tao: “Café. Why?”

You shake your head and stare out the window, missing the tightening of Tao’s grip on his steering wheel. He pulls into the café parking lot and hops out of the car, slamming the door. You get out of the car and stare at the retreating blonde’s back, confused. You follow him into the café as he is placing his order. He walks away and finds a table. You place your order and go to the table with Tao, who is smirking at a girl who keeps looking over at Tao.

You: “*sitting across from Tao* She was cute. You should go talk to her.”

Tao looks away and ignores your presence. Soon, your orders arrive and you begin to eat. The girl walks over and lays a slip of paper on the table next to Tao. She smiles at him and runs off with her friends. Tao picks up the piece of paper and smirks at it before dropping it into his coffee mug.

You: “*looking at the girl who looks on the verge of tears* That was rude. You could have just pretended you wanted to keep it.”

Tao: “*standing up* Don’t care. Let’s go. Lunch is almost over.”

You stand up and follow Tao out the door of the café. The two of you drive back to school and Tao again exits the car without so much as acknowledging that you are still in the car. You get out of the car and head up to the school where you run into Jae Rim.

SJR: “Hey. Where were you? I wanted to have lunch with you.”

You: “*hugging the boy* Sorry. I forgot to tell you I usually have lunch with my friend Tao. You should come with us tomorrow.”

SJR: “*pecking your lips* Okay sure.”

You and Jae Rim walk to class together, hand in hand. Jae Rim drops you off in your classroom and walks away. You head into your classroom and sit down next to Tao, in your usual seat.

---The next day---

You head out into the parking lot as you usually do to meet with Tao for lunch. You pull Jae Rim over to Tao’s Mustang and lean on the car, waiting for Tao. You wait five more minutes before texting Tao who is never late.

 

To: Kung Fu Panda

From: Pretty Girl (Y/N)

Hey Taozi, where are you? I’m by your car.

 

To: Pretty Girl (Y/N)

From: Kung Fu Panda

I’m stuck taking a makeup test. Just go without me. Use the spare key I gave you.

 

You stick your phone back in your pocket and climb into the car. Jae Rim climbs into the passenger seat.

SJR: “This is your car?”

You: “No, it’s my friend Tao’s. He said we can use it since he has to stay for a makeup test.”

Jae Rim nods and goes quiet. You pull up in front of a pizza place and go inside. You and Jae Rim have lunch together and then you head back to school. You walk into your classroom and sit next to Tao who has his head laid on his desk.

You: “*tapping the boy’s shoulder* Taozi.”

Tao: “*looking up* What?”

You: “*smiling at the boy* Thank you for letting me borrow your baby.”

Tao: “*putting his head back down* Whatever.”

Class goes on as usual and Tao leaves as soon as class is over, not once glancing back at you.

---One month later---

You and Jae Rim have been together for a month and you have told Tao every major event in your relationship, little did you know this was breaking Tao’s heart slowly.

SJR: “*standing by your locker* Hey (Y/N). Can we talk?”

You: “*hugging the boy* Sure. What’s up?”

SJR: “*pulling your arms from around his waist* We need to breakup.”

You: “*chuckling* Stop messing around.”

SJR: “*all seriousness* I’m not.”

You: “*tears pricking at your eyes* Why?”

SJR: “*looking away* I don’t know. I just don’t want to be with you anymore.”

With that being said, Jae Rim walks away and you walk out of the front gates of the school. You continue walking and soon you find yourself in front of Tao’s house. You ring the door bell just as the tears start flowing. Tao answers the door still in his school uniform.

Tao: “What?”

You: “*looking up at Tao with tears spilling from your eyes* T-Tao…..”

Tao rolls his eyes as he pulls you into the house. He sits you on the couch and sits in front of you.

Tao: “Wanna tell me why you are crying?”

You: “He broke up with me.”

Tao: “So?”

You: “*staring at Tao through teary eyes* How can you say that?”

Tao: “*standing up* Because I don’t care.”

You: “*watching Tao as he walks away* I thought I was your friend.”

Tao: “*turning to you* I am your friend but what I don’t understand is why you would think I cared about another guy.”

You: “Because I am your friend! I thought you would care that I just had my heart broken!”

Tao: “*turning red* Well I don’t! You are completely oblivious!”

You: “*scoffing* That would make sense if I knew what you were talking about!”

Tao: “I like you! Okay?! I like you! I hated that you were with that guy! I hated how you were always telling me how happy you were! I knew from the start he wasn’t good for you!”

You: “*in tears* You knew?! And you didn’t say anything?!”

Tao: “I liked see you smile! I just wish…….”

You: “YOU WISHED WHAT?! THAT HE WOULD BREAK UP WITH ME?! THAT WE WOULD BE UNHAPPY?!”

Tao: “*turning redder* NO! I JUST WISHED I COULD BE THE ONE TO PUT THAT SMILE ON YOUR FACE!”

You: “*staring at the boy* You wished you could put a smile on my face? *grabbing the boy’s arm* Tao?”

Tao: “*sitting on the couch* Yes. I like you. I have liked you for a long time. I watched you cry every time a guy broke your heart and I wanted to kill them every time they made you cry.”

You: “*pulling the boy up and kissing him* Taozi, I like you too.”

Tao wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you flush against him and kisses you with enough passion to make your toes curl.

Tao: “*pulling back* Does that make you my girlfriend?”

You: “*peck Tao on the lips* Yes, it does.”

Tao pulls you into another toe-curling kiss and then lifts you up and spins you around. You smile down at him.

You: “Taozi, I love you.”