Switched

Series of One shots

Based on the Kdrama Secret Garden


You trudge into the living room and flop on the couch next to your best friend, Chanyeol. You let out a loud sigh. The tall boy turns to look down at you. You sigh again and the boy sighs along with you.

Chanyeol: “Why are you sighing? You are going to bring the whole house down.”

You: “*slouching into the boy* But Yeollie I am so bored.”

Chanyeol: “*looking away* Well, what do you want to do?”

You: “*sighing again* I don’t know.”

Chanyeol: “*pulling you up* Let’s go for a bike ride.”

You: “Fine.”

You and Chanyeol head out to ride down a bike path. You start riding and then Chanyeol decides that he wants to do a little exploring. He veers off the path and you fall him. Before you know it, the two of you are lost.

You: “*whining* Yeol, I’m tired. I want to go home.”

Chanyeol: “*looking around* This way.”

You and Chanyeol head in the direction Chanyeol pointed to. The two of you ride for an hour before you arrive at a clearing. You see a little shack with a sign above it advertising tradition Korean food. Chanyeol looks at you before pedaling down to the shack. You follow him. You chain your bikes together and walk into the restaurant.

Chanyeol: “Hello? Anyone here?”

Woman: “*coming out of the kitchen* May I help you?”

You: “We are a bit l…..”

Chanyeol: “Are you open? We are a bit hungry.”

Woman: “Of course. *smiling* Sit down.”

You and Chanyeol sit down and wait for the woman to come back with the food.

You: “You know I hate you sometimes.”

Chanyeol shrugs and looks away. Soon the woman returns with a large pot of steaming soup.

Woman: “Eat up. *pours a red juice into your cups* Drink while you eat.”

You and Chanyeol eat and drink the things the woman has offered you. The two of you finish eating and ask the woman how much. She tells you there is no need to pay but she would like to give you a word of advice as a thank you for enjoying her food.

Woman: “To realize your feelings, you must walk a day in the other person’s shoes.”

You and Chanyeol thank the woman and she hands you a map on your way out. You and Chanyeol read the map and find your way back to the path. You ride the path back home and it starts raining. The two of you pedal faster. You arrive at your house soaking wet. The two of you head up to your house.

You: “Do you want to come in?”

Chanyeol: “No, I gotta go and get home.”

You nod and head into your house. You change out of your wet clothes and get ready for bed. You fall asleep. Meanwhile, Chanyeol is doing the same. He falls asleep.

---The next day---

You wake up but you feel different. You get up from the bed and walk into the bathroom. You walk by the mirror and freeze. You take a few steps back and gawk at the mirror. The face looking back at you has large brown eyes and short brunette hair.

You: “*in a deep voice* What happened?”

You slap your hands over your mouth ans soon as you utter those words. You speak again and again your hands cover your mouth at the deepness of your voice.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol is also waking up. He sits up and walks into the closet. He walks by a mirror and stops in front of it. He is looking back at a reflection that has beautiful hair and a small frame.

Chanyeol: “What happened?”

Chanyeol jumps at the high pitch of his voice. He tries to speak again but the same high-pitched voice. He runs back out of the closet and grabs “his” cell phone. He calls you.

{Phone Convo}

Chanyeol: “*high-pitch girl’s voice* (Y/N)?”

You: “*deep voice* Chanyeol? Is that you? What’s wrong with your voice?”

Chanyeol: “Mine? Yours sounds like how mine is supposed to sound. Anyway, let’s meet.”

You: “Fine.”

{End}

You and Chanyeol hang up. The two of you get ready and meet at a coffee shop in between your two houses.

Chanyeol: “*waving* Here.”

You: “*walking over* What the hell is going on? I woke up like this.”

Chanyeol: “What’s wrong with me?”

You: “Nothing. Did you switch bodies? *the ‘boy’ nods* Yeol, ottoke?”

Chanyeol: “We have to switch back.”

You and Chanyeol sit and try to figure out how to switch back. The two of you decide to go on bike ride to find the lady from the night before. You arrive at the clearing but the shop is gone. You sit on the ground and scream. Chanyeol helps you up and the two of you ride back to “your” house. The two of you sit and try to figure out what you all are going to about switching.

You: “Wait. The lady said to realize your feelings; you must walk a day in the other person’s shoes. So we change back tomorrow. It’s no big deal. *getting up and looking in the mirror* Besides, I have never looked this good.”

Chanyeol rolls his eyes at you. You continue to admire yourself as Chanyeol falls asleep on the couch. You sit down and soon fall asleep in a chair.

---The next day---

You stretch as soon as you wake up and look up at the ceiling only to see mile long arms stretched above your head.

You: “NO!”

Your sudden outburst causes Chanyeol to wake up. He looks at you and then down at himself. He starts crying. You go to him to comfort him. He continues to cry into your arms. After he has calmed down the two of you, go to his house to get some things so that he can stay with you until the two of you can figure out how to turn back. You return to your house and watch movies and cook to keep your mind off the fact that the two of you are in each other’s bodies. After hours of distracting yourself, you fall asleep.

---The next day---

You wake up to see Chanyeol still in your body. You sigh and get out of bed. You go out into the kitchen and write down what the woman said. You start to think about what it could possibly mean. Suddenly, you get an idea. You grab the paper and run into your room.

You: “Yeollie!”

Chanyeol wakes up and looks at you through sleepy eyes.

You: “Yeol, I figured out we have to do switch back.”

Chanyeol: “What?”

You: “I think we have to admit how we really feel about each other.”

Chanyeol: “Huh?”

You: “*kissing Chanyeol* I like you. I have since the day I met you. I really like you.”

Chanyeol: “*blushing* You did? I like you too. I really do.”

As soon as the two of you utter those words, there is an awkward silence. Chanyeol goes back to “his” house and you start cleaning up. Time quickly rolls by and soon fall asleep.

---The next day---

You hear the blare of your alarm clock. You jump out of bed and run to the bathroom. You close your eyes as you look at the mirror. You take a deep breath and open your eyes. You see your own feminine features. You start crying and cheering at the same time. You run out of the bathroom and jump into your car. You stop in front of Chanyeol’s apartment. You start banging on the door. After a few minutes, a shirtless boy with disheveled hair answers the door.

You: “Kris, is Chanyeol home?”

Kris: “*ruffling his hair* He’s sleep but you can go wake him up.”

You run past the boy and burst into Chanyeol’s room.

You: “Yeollie!”

The boy wakes up and looks at you. You jump on the boy and kiss him.

You: “We are back to normal.”

Chanyeol: “*pecking your cheek* Now that you are you and I am me, will you be my girlfriend?”

You: “*throwing your arms around the boy’s neck* Yes!”

Kris: “*yelling from the other room* Shut up! I’m trying to sleep here!”

You and Chanyeol giggle and then lay in his bed cuddling, enjoying the warmth of a new found relationship.