Chance Encounter

Series of One shots

One shot of Chen requested by my dongsaeng, Debrena.

 


Chance Encounter

You are sitting at the bar alone since your friends ditched you to go to the crowded dance floor. You are watching them and just about everyone else in the club crammed together on the dance floor.

Man: “*tapping your shoulder* Excuse me. *you turn to him* You know you look a lot like my next girlfriend.”

You: “*scoff and placing a hand on the man’s shoulder* Sweetie, why don’t you try that line on one of the drunk bimbos on the floor cause it sure as hell ain’t gonna work here.”

The man walks off dejected as you smirk.

{Your POV} *grabbing your drink* He is like the fifth guy to try and hit on me. *taking a sip* He was cute and brave for trying so hard. *spotting a slender dark-haired man walk into the club* Finally someone with potential. *you watch as the boy walks over to the bar and orders* Definite potential and that voice.*you wave to the bartender and point to your glass to get another* {End}

Bartender: “*handing the dark-haired his drink* Here ya go Chen. You got a set tonight?”

Chen: “*taking the drink* Yeah Xiumin. At least I hope. Kai still isn’t here yet.”

Bartender: “*handing you your drink* Here you go pretty girl. *leaning on the bar and staring into your eyes* Why aren’t you out there dancing?”

You: “*taking a sip of the drink* Not really my thing.”

Bartender: “*leaning off the bar* Is that so? *you nod*”

You conversation with the bartender has caught Chen’s attention.

Chen: “*grabbing his drink* So what is your thing?”

You: “*look over at the boy and smirk knowing you plan worked* Singing and a little guitar.”

Chen: “*face lighting up* You play? *looking at your outfit of choice which happens to be a pair of ripped black skinnys, a black fitted crop top and a pair of black XL high tops* Would you mind playing my set with me? My band mate isn’t here and the set starts in 5.”

You: “*grabbing your drink and sipping it* I don’t know. I don’t know the song and plus what am I going to gain from all this?”

Chen: “*finally turning to you* I can teach you the song and how about I take you to dinner tomorrow night.”

You: “*pretending to mull the idea over in your head but in reality you are just teasing the dark haired boy* I guess I could.”

Chen: “*grabbing you hand and yanking you from the bar* Good.”

The two of you head backstage and Chen teaches you the songs. You learn them quick and five minutes later you are up on stage. You start to play the opening chord and just as you are getting the feel of the song and the Fender in your hand, Chen walks up to the microphone and starts singing. The most angelic voice you have ever heard rolls out of his throat mesmerizing you and the club patrons. When the set is over, you and Chen head backstage.

Chen: “*turning to you* You were amazing.”

You: “*blushing at the compliment* Thanks.”

Voice: “*sounding as if the owner is running* Chen!”

Chen: “*turning around* Kai, where have you been? Our set just ended.”

Kai: “*reaching you and Chen and raising an eyebrow* You finished the set without me? Ottoke?”

Chen: “*pulling you by your waist next to him* This gorgeous girl here.”

Kai: “*smirking* More like angel. *looking at you with his dark orbs* If this bar were a meat market, you must be prime rib.”

You: “*stare at Kai like he grew another head, trying to hold in laughter and then it just bursts out* Oh sweetheart, that is the worst pickup line ever. You are cute and all but just too young for me.”

Kai: “*shrugging* Oh well. Let’s go get a drink anyway.”

You: “*recovering from your laughter* I’m just gonna head home.”

Chen: “*grabbing your arm* Let me walk you.”

You: “It’s fine. You don’t have to.”

Chen: “I know. I want to.”

You look at the boy next to you and see all the sincerity in the world written on his face. You agree to let him walk you home. The two of you leave and you text your friends to let them know you are leaving. You and Chen head out into the chilly night. Chen notices you shivering a little and wraps his jacket around your shoulders.

Chen: “*staring straight ahead* I don’t want this to sound like a cheesy pickup line but I definitely felt a connection with you when I saw you sitting at the bar alone. You didn’t look like any of the other easy girls in the club.”

You: “*nudging Chen* It didn’t sound like a pickup line and I’m not that easy.”

You finally reach your house and bid Chen good night with the promise that he will call tomorrow.

---2 weeks later---

You are standing outside a concert venue waiting for Chen, after all he is the one who invited you to this event. Just as you are about to leave, you spot Chen running towards you. Chen reaches you and is out of breath.

Chen: “*holding a hand up, trying to catch his breath* S-sorry I’m late…but I overslept. We had a late night gig and I didn’t get in until like 9 this morning.”

You: “*rubbing the boy’s back* It’s okay. I know gigs are crazy. *gesturing Chen inside* Let’s go in.”

Ticketmaster: “*holding her hand out* Tickets please. *you hand her your tickets and she gestures you inside* Welcome to the EXOtic Music Festival.”

You and Chen walk in and see music and food booths everywhere. At the east end of the ground is a huge stage.

Chen: “*gazing at the stage* I’m gonna be up on that stage one day.”

You smile at him and head towards the stage. Soon the concert starts and people are moshing and having fun. In the middle of the fourth or fifth set, you feel a tap on your shoulder. You look over to see Chen gesturing you to follow him. He grabs your hand and weaves through the crowd. He takes you to a quiet secluded spot.

You: “*raising an eyebrow* Chen, why are we here? *covering your fully clothed chest with your hands* You aren’t going to do anything weird, are you?”

Chen: “*chuckling* No. *pulling your arms down* I wanted to do this in a quiet spot. *gazing deep in your eyes causing you to get lost in his dark orbs* (Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?”

You: “*wrapping your arms around Chen’s neck* I thought I already was. *pecking him on the lips* You’re mine, boy.”

Chen: “*smiling* Only yours.”

Chen then pulls you into a passionate, mind-blowing, soul-searing, earth-shattering kiss. When the two of you break away, Chen smiles at you like a Cheshire cat and you know something is up.

You: “*raising an eyebrow* Why are you making that face?”

Chen: “*smile getting bigger* I just realized I am the luckiest guy in the world.”

You smile back and pull Chen in for another kiss.

{Your POV} I am glad I noticed him. He may think he is the lucky one but I’m the one who hit the jackpot. I’ve got the sweetest boy around. {End}