When I first saw you

Series of One shots

 

Your tears land on the clothes as you neatly pack them into a suitcase. You look up to the picture on the nightstand and your tears quickly dry up to be replaced by seething anger. You grip the picture as if to anchor your emotions.
You: “*yelling at the two smiling figures* You thought I would just let you cheat and leave me?! Be okay with everything?! No!”
You slam the suitcase closed and walk out of the apartment that you used to call a happy home. You call for a taxi to take you to the airport and you board a plane to Jeju Island. You look at the seat numbers and finally spot your seat next to a girl with sunglasses on. You tap the person and they look up.
You: “*voice still thick with tears* I don’t mean to be a bother but I have to get to my seat.”
The person turns slightly and your squeeze by. Once settled in your seat, you thank the person.
You: “Thank you. I’m (Y/N).”
Person: “*deep voice* Your welcome. I’m Heechul.”
You: “*staring at the person* No offense but that sounds like a boy’s name.”
Heechul: “*chuckling* I guess that would be because I am a boy.”
Heechul takes off his sunglasses and you see the most gorgeous pair of eyes staring back at you, shadowed by his slightly long hair. You smile at him but your smile fades as you see someone stop at your seat. This person is clearly seething with anger and looks as if he is about to burst.
You: “*jumping up* Kangin.”
Kangin: “*rage distorting his voice* You are stalking me now? We are done. What are you doing here?”
You: “*reciprocating his anger* Oh, because you broke up with me, I’m not allowed to go on vacation?”
Kangin: “*grabbing your arm* With who? I know you aren’t going alone and I didn’t see any of your friends so who are you going with?”
You look at Kangin with fear blazing in your eyes. Heechul senses that fear and grabs Kangin’s wrist, pulling his hand off of you.
Heechul: “She’s going with me. Got a problem with that?”
Kangin: “And who are you?”
Heechul: “*smirking* Her boyfriend. What of it?”
Kangin: “*staring at you* I broke up with you three days ago and you already have a new guy?”
You: “Yeah. So?”
Kangin practically growls at Heechul before walking away with a scowl etched onto his face. Heechul falls into his chair in a fit of laughter. You stare at the boy as he laughs. You slowly lower yourself inot your seat, never taking your eyes off of him.
You: “*glaring* You think this is funny?”
Heechul: “*trying to regain his composure* Yes. I mean that guy thought he was the big bad wolf until someone with more attitude came along.”
You: “By the way, why did you tell him you were my boyfriend?”
Heechul: “*smiling at you* You don’t like it?”
You: “*blushing* I don’t know you.”
Heechul: “Then let’s get to know each other.”
You and Heechul talk the entire flight and by the time you land on Jeju Island, you and Heechul have learned everything about each other. You exit the plane, Holding hands. As you walk out of the terminal, Heechul stops and you look up at him.
Heechul: “(Y/N), do you want to become my girlfriend for real?”
You: “*smirking* I thought I already was.”
With that, you release Heechul’s hand and walk away. Within seconds, you feel yourself being lifted off your feet. You look down and see Heechul smiling up at you. You duck your head down and place a chaste kiss on Heechul’s grinning lips. He sets you down as a blush slowly starts to color his cheeks. The two of you head to your hotel. You end up spending the entire week in Jeju with Heechul.
---One year later---
You and Heechul have been together for a year and you couldn’t be happier. You have never felt so loved. You are sitting on the balcony when you receive a text from Heechul.
To: Almighty (Y/N)
From: Heenim
Wear your prettiest dress. I am taking you out.
 
To: Heenim
From: Almighty (Y/N)
And if I say No.
 
To: Almighty (Y/N)
From: Heenim
Then I will drag you there in whatever you have on. I’ll pick you up at 7pm. Be ready.
 
You smile at the text and decide not to respond. You go into your closet and pull out a black and white knee-length, curve-hugging dress. You pull out the red peep-toe pumps Heechul got you on your 500 day anniversary. You grab the card from the box and reread it for the nth time.
{Note} Wear these on a beautiful day, prettily and with a heart fill of love. {End}
You put the card back into the box for safekeeping. You go about the rest of your afternoon. Before you know it, it’s 6:30pm. You quickly rush into the bathroom and shower. You dry off and get dressed. You throw on an oversized t-shirt to put on your makeup. You give yourself a smoky eye and swipe on some red lipstick. You remove the t-shirt and shimmy into your dress, slipping into your heels afterwards. You grab your favorite red clutch and black leather jacket. You look up at the clock and it reads 6:55pm. You sit on the couch to wait. Before long, you fall asleep. You wake with a start and run to the hall mirror to check your hair and makeup, catching a glimpse of the clock. You see that the time says 8:15pm. You call Heechul as you smooth down your hair. He picks up on the second ring.
{Phone Convo}
You: “Hey Chullie.”
Heechul: “Hey baby. Sorry I’m late. I got pulled for overtime at work. We are going to have to cancel our date.”
You: “*trying to hide the disappointment in your voice* It’s okay. Don’t work too hard.”
{End}
You hang up before Heechul has a chance to say anything. You change out of your dress and into one of Heechul’s shirts. You remove your makeup and pull your hair into a ponytail. As you are putting your shoes away, a lone tear falls and lands on the card containing Heechul’s heartfelt message. You go out to the living room and just as you are drifting to sleep, there is a knock at the door. You slowly get up and drag your feet to go to open the door. You open it to find a soaking wet Heechul, shivering like a stray puppy. He pulls you into a hug and you cling to him.
Heechul: “*pulling back, still shivering* W-Will you m-marry me?”
You stare at the boy as he stands their shivering, looking at you hopefully.
You: “*grabbing his hand* Let’s get you inside and dried off first.”
You pull Heechul into the apartment and into your bedroom. You grab a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants for Heechul. You hand them to Heechul and push him inot the en suite bathroom. You leave him to change as you go into the living room. A few minutes later, Heechul comes into the living room and you have to stifle a giggle.”
You: “*trying to stifle a giggle* You look cute, babe.”
Heechul scoffs as he plops down onto the couch, adjusting the sweats to be more comfortable, he pulls out a box and places it on the table. He waits until you notice the box, eyes trained on the T.V.
You: “*picking up the box* What’s this?”
Heechul: “*still watching T.V.* Open it.”
You open the box and gasp at the beautiful ring.
Heechul: “*turning to you and smiling* Will you marry me?”
Will you say yes or tell him you aren’t ready?