Misunderstood

Series of One shots

Misunderstood

You are a college student and you have been with boyfriend, Xiumin since high school. Your boyfriend is perfect, sweet and caring, except for one thing. He is extremely jealous. He hates to see any other guys around you, especially your best friend Jongup. The three of you were friends who did everything together when the three of you were in high school but that all changed when Xiumin started dating you. He never wanted you alone with Jongup and he would get mad whenever you and Jongup would hug. There was one incident, however, that almost caused you and Xiumin to breakup. You and Xiumin had just finished a date at the new amusement park that just opened when Jongup called you. You pick up the call without thinking.

{Phone Convo}

You: “Hey Guppie.”

Jongup: “Can you come over?”

You: “Sure. I’ll be there in 20.”

Jongup: “K.”

{End}

You end the call with Jongup. You turn to Xiumin who is leaning on his car.

You: “*pulling out every ounce of cuteness* Minnie.”

Xiumin: “*pulls you close to him* What do you want sweetie?”

You: “*still pouring on the cute* Jongup wants me to come over.”

Xiumin: “*expression darkening* Why do you have to go?”

You: “*wiggling out of Xiumin’s grip* He’s my friend.”

You turn around and walk away. You reach Jongup’s house in about an hour. You pound on the door. He answers the door and he looks like he might explode.

You: “*putting a hand on his shoulder and searching his face* Guppie, what’s wrong?”

Jongup: “*finally exploding* I like her. I freaking like her. I can’t stand it and I hate to admit it but I like her.”

You: “*breathing a sigh of relief* Eunbyul? *Jongup nods* Took you long enough. Let’s go in.”

You and Jongup go into the house and head to his room. The two of you lie back on his bed looking at the mural you, him and Xiumin painted the summer before your senior year of high school. The two of you lay their in silence until you feel Jongup shift his weight to sit up.

Jongup: “*looking at his feet* What should I do?”

You: “*chuckling* Ask her out pabo.”

Jongup: “*getting up off the bed* How? I can’t even form full sentences when she is around. How am I supposed to ask her out on a date?”

You: “*laugh and sit up* I have no idea.”

Jongup: “*grabbing you by the shoulders* Help me.”

You: “Okay, okay, just let me go.”

Jongup released you and you stand up and pace around the room. Jongup sits down on the bed and watches you and when you pass by him for the nth time, he stands up and pulls you to him.

Jongup: “*looking intently into your eyes* I like you, will you be my girlfriend?”

You stare at the brunette in shock. You blink at him a few times before flushing a rosy pink.

Jongup: “*letting you go and groaning as he flops back on the bed* Why is it so easy to ask you but I can’t with her?”

You: “*still in shock* Uhhhh……I-I don’t know but I w-will make sure y-you can ask her. *pulling the boy off the bed* First let’s get rid of this excess energy.”

You drag Jongup to his home gym in the spare bedroom. You grab the Jongup’s hands and start wrapping them. You wrap your own as you head to the other side to grab the two pairs of boxing gloves on the wall. You come back and slip a black pair onto Jongup and then you slip a cobalt blue pair on yourself. You smirk at Jongup and grab the punching bag. You hit it a few times indicating you want Jongup to take out his frustration. Jongup comes over and starts punching the bag.

You: “*holding onto the punching bag* Okay, Jongup. I’m going to help you win your girl. First, remember she is just a person. She isn’t some goddess to be lauded up on high. Second, you have to focus just like you do with dance or boxing. *Jongup stops punching* What? It’s true. I’ve seen you around her. You focus so much on how pretty she is and not on what you are going to say and what she is saying. She is sending all the signals that she likes you. *hitting the sides of the bag again* Now, back to the task at hand* She already told me that she likes you. She said she wants you to ask her out and can’t figure out why you haven’t. *Jongup hits the bag particularly hard at that, knocking you onto your * Yah!”

Jongup: “*helping you up* Mian but she wants me to ask her out? *you nod as you dust yourself off* She wants me to ask her out. *Jongup picks you up and twirls you around* I can’t believe I’ve been nervous about asking her out. *Jongup pecks you on the lips causing you to blush and Jongup to almost drop you* Mian, I…..”

You: “*squirming out of his grip* It’s okay. *going back to the punching bag* Let’s finish.”

You and Jongup continue boxing as you give him pointers on how to ask Eunbyul out. After a few hours of this, you are both exhausted and decide to call it a night. You go back to Jongup’s room and grab the phone off the charger and turn it on. You notice that it is now almost midnight and you have 14 missed calls and 8 texts all from….Xiumin. Your eyes bug out of your head and drop you head into your hands. You call Xiumin and he picks up on the second ring.

{Phone convo}

Xiumin: “Hello.”

You: “Hey babe, you called?”

Xiumin: “Where the hell are you? Do you know what time it is?”

You: “Almost midnight. I was helping Jongup and lost track of time.

Xiumin: “Sure, that’s what happened.”

{End}

Xiumin hangs up in your ear and you stare at the phone as Jongup walks back in.

Jongup: “*swinging his keys on his finger* I’ll take you home.”

Jongup takes you home and you head in the house to find Xiumin asleep. You crawl into bed beside him and fall asleep.

---The next day---

You wake up and find Xiumin is gone. You get out of bed and head to the living room. You see Xiumin lounging on the couch, when he sees you his expression darkens.

Xiumin: “*monotonous tone* Are you going to tell me what you were really doing with Jongup?”

You: “I told you I was helping him with something.”

Xiumin: “*standing up* With what?”

You: “*realizing what he is getting at* You don’t think…..Xiumin! Jongup is my best friend and you are my boyfriend who I love. I would never do that to you.”

Xiumin: “*raising his voice* Then what the hell were you helping him with until midnight last night?”

You are about to answer Xiumin when you hear your phone ring. You run into the room to answer it.

Xiumin: “*following you* Answer the question.”

You put the phone on speaker and answer.

{Phone Convo}

You: “Hey Jongup.”

Jongup: “Hey. *hearing Xiumin yelling in the background* Am I on speaker?”

You: “Yeah, I’m about to get ready to go to the gym. I have to get away from Minnie so he can call down.”

Jongup: “Ahhh, I just wanted to thank you for the advice you gave me last night. I took it and now Eunbyul and I are going on our first date Friday.”

You: “Guppie, that’s awesome.”

Jongup: “It’s all thanks to you. Well, I gotta go Eunbyul is calling. Bye.”

{End}

Jongup hangs up and you turn to a now silent Xiumin with a smug grin on your face.

You: “Does that answer your question?”

Xiumin: “*walking over to you and sitting next to you* I’m sorry. *wrapping an arm around your shoulders* I don’t know why I got so jealous. *nuzzling your neck* Maybe it’s because I love you so much.”

You: “*pushing the boy’s head away with a finger* If you love me so much, then fill my tummy. I’m starving.”

Xiumin: “*lifting you up bridal style* As you wish my love.”

Xiumin carries you to the kitchen and sets you down on the counter as he makes breakfast. He puts the food on a plate and feeds you. After the first spoon full, you peck Xiumin on the lips and he smiles. He puts the plate down and put both hands on either side of your legs. He smile turns slightly dark and he pulls you into the most passionate kiss the two of you have ever shared.