The New Boss

Series of One shots

{Your POV} If I am late my boss is going to kill me. *looking down at your watch* Crap, crap, crap. I have five minutes before the meeting starts. *sprinting towards your office building*{End}

You are an intern at one of the biggest entertainment company in Korea, EXOtic Records. Six months into your internship you got promoted to secretary but not just any secretary, you are secretary to no other than the CEO Mr. Kim. You rush into the conference room and start setting up for the meeting when the one person that for some reason can’t stand you walks in, Kim Hyun Ah.

Hyun Ah: “*sitting down* Why are you just now setting up? The meeting starts in five.”

You: “*not looking up from what you are doing* The coffee order wasn’t ready yet so I had to wait.”

Mr. Kim: “*entering the room*”

Hyun Ah: “*standing and bowing* Good morning Mr. Kim.”

Mr. Kim: “*nodding* Ms. (Y/N), can you please stay for this meeting. I have an announcement about your job.”

You: “*nearly dropping the coffee cup in your hand* N-nae, Mr. Kim.”

A few moments later everyone starts to file in. You take a seat next to Mr. Kim as a young brunette boy walks in and takes the seat right next to you. Mr. Kim begins the meeting.

Boy: “*whispering to you* Hi.”

You: “*slightly nodding to him*”

Boy: “*sticks his hand out to you and whispering* I’m Kai. You?”

You: “*shaking the hand and whispering back* (Y/N).”

Kai: “*whispering* Nice to meet you. *you nod in response*”

Mr. Kim: “Now for the highlight of this meeting, I would like to introduce our newest junior executive, Kim Jongin. *turning to Kai* Greet everyone.”

Kai: “*standing up* Annyonghaseyo. I hope we can work well together. *sits back down*”

Mr. Kim: “*rolling his eyes* I want to let all of you know ahead of time that this is my son but do not give him any special treatment. He is going to be here learning the ropes of the business so that he will be fully equipped to take over when I retire in two years. *turning to you* Ms. (Y/N), the reason I asked you to stay is to let you know that you will be his secretary starting today. You will keep the same pay as you are receiving now but I want you to help Jongin to be accustomed to the company and help him where he needs help.”

You: “*nodding* Nae, I understand.”

Mr. Kim moves onto the next item on the agenda. He is explaining what the company will need to do to prepare for the retreat in three months.

Kai: “*jumping up from his seat* This is boring. I am going to go to my office and start working. *grabs your arm* Let’s go.”

Kai leaves with you in tow. You arrive at his office, he lets go of your hand and takes a seat at his desk.

You: “*Mr. Kim…”

Kai: “*putting up his hand* Mr. Kim is my father, call me Kai.”

You: “*Mr. Kai….”

Kai: “*rolling his eyes* Just Kai.”

You: “M… Kai, what would you like to do first. There are papers to sign for the retreat and you have to set up a meeting with some of the musicians to introduce yourself properly. There is also the matter of the meeting with your father to discuss the exact duties that you will be expected to do.”

Kai: “*pulling his feet up on the desk and leaning back in the chair* How about none of that? *closing his eyes* I am going to take a nap.”

You watch as the boy in front of you falls asleep. You feel your phone vibrate in your pocket. You pull it out and see a message from your old boss, Mr. Kim.

{Text} I am giving you permission to do whatever you need to, to get him to work. Do not let him sleep. If he slips or is caught sleeping, you will be fired. {End}

You look at the sleeping boy with a sadistic smile on your face. You walk out of the office to grab the papers that need signing from your desk. You return to his office. You calmly walk over to where he is sleeping peacefully; you your head and smile. You then knock his feet off the desk.

Kai: “*bolting up* What the hell?”

You: “*dropping the bundle in your arms on the desk and pulling up a chair* Let’s get to work.”

Kai: “*leaning back and closing his eyes* I don’t want to.”

You: “*standing up and walking behind him; whispering in a honeyed voice* Kai. *the boy whips around to face you* Get up. *he stands up still staring at you as you switch your hard wooden chair with his plush leather swivel chair* Sit. I’ll go get coffee.”

You return with the coffee and hand the now irritated brunette the coffee.

Kai: “*pushing the cup away* Let’s get this over with.”

You and Kai finished all your work in record time

---Company retreat, 3 months later---

You are on the company retreat at the most beautiful country house surrounded by a peaceful tree-lined path. You are walking down the path, enjoying the quiet you can’t get in Seoul. You have pretty much shut yourself down and then you feel someone grab you and pull you off the path. You are about to scream when a strong hand covers your mouth.

Person: “*whispering in your ear* You know you shouldn’t walk alone. You never know who could be lurking.”

You: “*turning around to see Kai* Kai! You almost gave me a heart attack. I thought I was going to die out here.”

Kai: “*laughing* You should have seen your face. *trying to pull himself together* You have a very active imagination by the way.”

You: “*rolling your eyes* You are very childish.”

Kai: “*following you* You know you are very pretty when you are spaced out like you were a few minutes ago. *you whip around to him* Wae? It’s true. You have a very pretty smile too. *you continue to gape at him* What I’m trying to say is I like you.”

You: “*finally finding your voice* You what?”

Kai: “*blushing a bright red* I like you.”

You: “Kai….”

Kai: “Don’t say anything. *walks away*”

You: “*catching him and wrapping your arms around his waist* Kai, I-I like you too.”

Kai turn to face you and smiles down at you. He grabs your face in his hands.

Kai: “*staring deeply into your eyes* Jinjja? *you nod* I want to ask you to be my girlfriend but I’m sure how to ask an employee that.”

You: “*smiling* Pabo, just say it.”

Kai: “*smiling like a goon* Will you?”

You: “*smile growing bigger about to split your face in two*Yes.”

Kai smiles and then snakes his arm around your waist pulling you closer. He then pulls you into an earth-shattering take-your-breath-away kiss. When you break away Kai looks down at the ground blushing.

You: “*pulling his head up to look at you* Kai? *Kai looks at you wide-eyed* Is it too soon to say I love you?”

Kai: “*smile spreading across his blushing face* No because I love you too.”


This is the look Kai gives those who don't comment.