Barely Human

Series of One shots

This is based on James Patterson's Maximum Ride and stares Jay Park.


 

{Your POV} *running* Aish, why do those jocks have to chase me everyday? Is it some type of workout for them? *pouring on the speed* This is ridiculous. I have to lose them. {End}
It's afterschool and as usual the football team has decided that you need to "workout." As soon as you left your classroom, the captain taps you on the shoulder.
Captain: "Hello there, (Y/N)."
You: "*tightening your grip on your backpack as you walk away* What do you want, Dongwoo?"
Dongwoo: "*following you* Well you see the team has been a little sluggish lately and I thought they could use some.....practice."
You whip around to look at him just as three of his teammates come out. You look at the smirks gracing their faces and turn around. You start to walk but your pace quickens as you hear their footsteps nearing you. You break into a sprint and the boys follow suit. You are full on running across the parking lot, you take a many turns trying to lose them. You finally run across the basketball court and jump the fence, leading into a dense forest. You scrap your arm on a broken part of the gate. You lead and gain your balance before taking off again. You take a quick glance at your arm and see that it is bleeding pretty bad but you continue running. You reach the end of the forest and realize that you just went in a full circle. You enter the building and take off down the hallway. You hear the heavy footstep of the football team but you also hear their heavy breathing.
{Your POV} *still running* Aish, would you all just give up? You are never going to catch me. You will pass out before that happens. {End}
You turn to see how close the team is and see that are just a few feet away and when you turn around, you run into a solid blockade and fall.
You: "*scrambling up* Aish, MOVE! *you try to push past the blockade* MOVE! *you look over your shoulder and see the team getting closer* MOVE!"
You try again to push past the obstacle but instead of budging it starts chuckling. You look up and are met with a boy with the most handsome features you had ever seen. He looks down at you and smiles.
Boy: "Excuse me works too."
You: "*rolling your eyes and mustering all the politeness you can* Excuse me."
Boy: "See that wasn't so hard."
The boy looks up and sees the football team getting closer. He grabs your arm and sprints down the hall, dragging you along with him. He reaches a crossroads in the hallway, looks left and right then turns right and pulls you into a small room. He closes the door and leans on it panting.
Boy: "What's your name?"
You: "Why do you care?"
Boy: "Just trying to be nice. I'm Jay. Jay Park."
You: "(Y/N)."
Jay Park: "Why were they chasing you anyway?"
You: "They call it a workout."
Just as you finish your sentence, Jay Park bucks forward. You look at the window to see Myungsoo and Woohyun's faces looking into the window. They both smirk and push against the door again. Jay Park grabs your arm and pulls you towards the back of the classroom. He pushes a panel of the mirror and it reveals a small opening. He pushes you through and then scrambles in just as the football team bursts through the door. The two of you can hear Dongwoo yelling and the other members of the team tearing the room apart. You start to feel dizzy and feel like you are suffocating. You rolls up into your head. You fall forward.
Jay: "*catching you* Hey are you okay?"
That's the last thing you hear before your world goes black.
---A few hours later---
You have a dream that you are flying over a beautiful scene, the wind in your hair and the sun on your face. Suddenly the entire world darkens and an ominous force seems to be looming over you. You start to plummet to the ground and as soon as you hit the ground, the smell of antiseptic slams into you like a ton of bricks. You bolt up from your dream and see the stark walls and the smell becomes unbearable. You try to jump up from the bed but feel a tug. You look at your arm to see an IV trailing from a vein in your hand. You pull it out and jump up, only to run into Jay.
Jay: "Hey. You are awake."
You: "I have to get out of here."
Jay: "The doctor said you had to stay for observation."
You: "*shouting* I don't want to be observed by anyone!"
You bolt out of the hospital with Jay Park hot on your heels. You get to a small wooded area and run through it until you reach a small spring. You sit down on a rock and look up at the sky. You hear a voice behind you and turn to see a panting Jay Park.
Jay: "What the hell? Why do you keep running? Don't you ever just walk anywhere?"
You: "*turning back and looking at the water* Sorry. I just hate hospitals."
Jay: "Why?"
Before you can answer, there is a rustling behind you. You turn around to see six very good-looking guys emerge. You know exactly who they are and why they are here. It's playtime. You stand up and face the tall blonde one in the front.
You: "Kris."
Jay: "*standing up behind you and whispering to you* Boyfriend?"
You: "No but I know him and his cohorts all too well."
Kris: "*smirking, revealing sharp canines* Well, well little piggy. Looks like we get to play after all. *seeing the boy behind you* I'll give a headstart since you have a human with you. *evil glint in his eyes* Better start running piggy. *you stare at the boy for a minute before you grab Jay and start running* Tao. Kai. Go!"
You look over shoulder to see the two boys running after you, already starting to morph. Jay Park does the same thing and stumbles from the shock. He knocks you over and the two of you scramble up just as Chanyeol, Luhan, Lay and Kris join Kai and Tao. All six fully morphed into the wolves they are. You and Jay Park get up and continue running. You push Jay in front of you.
You: "Run ahead of me!"
You stop in your tracks as Jay Park continues running. He looks back to see you running towards him. You reach the end of the forest and collide  with him, pushing you two off the edge of a cliff. You snap out your wings and push down, with in seconds you are just out of reach of the wolves.
Kris: "*howling* Playtime isn't over yet, piggy."
You smirk and fly off. You fly for a little while and then land, more like crash land, in a cave. You lay on the ground panting as Jay Park stares at you. You pull your wings in and sit up. You look up at the boy and smile.
You: "Some ride, huh?"
Jay: "Y-you have wings. *you nod and look down* Ottoke?"
You: "*walking to the entrance of the cave* It's a long story."
Jay: "*following you* We have time. I don't think we are going anywhere tonight with those guy looking for you. Who were they anyway?"
You: "Do you really want to know or are you just trying to make conversation so this isn't awkward?"
Jay: "I wanna know. I've never known anyway with wings or fangs before."
You: "That was Kris, Chanyeol, Tao, Kai, Luhan and Lay. They are from AOM Enterprises. A lab that produces human-animal hybrids. They are the wolf hybrids. They are the last six left. Most of those hybrids don't make it past their seventh birthday but for some reason they did. They hunt hybrids like me. I am an avian hybrid. There were more like me but they were killed. I was saved by one of the scientists, Jepp Blackmen. He took care of me which is why I am at that school. Anyway, that's why I have the wings."
Jay: "*nodding* That's is........different. You never did answer my question why you hate hospitals."
You: "I grew up in one, basically. Always someone poking and prodding at me. It's not the hospital itself but the smell. It brings back painful memories."
Jay: "Oh okay but why did you black out back at the school?"
You: "I don't like small spaces either. I'm kind of claustrophobic. I mean you would be too if you were stuck in a cage when you weren't being chased by psycho wolves."
Jay: "How do they work?"
You: "The wings? Same as a bird's does. I just snap them out and flap."
You turn to face to Jay and snap out your jet black wings and their 14 foot wingspan. Jay Park moves closer and touches the silky feathers. You giggle as you gently runs his fingers across the tops.
Jay: "That is really cool. I think I like you more than I did before."
You: "*pulling your wings in* What do you mean?"
Jay: "I already knew who you were. You were the girl that never talked to anyone and seemed to like it like that. I liked you the first time I saw you on your first day of school."
You smile and peck Jay Park on the cheek.
You: "*snapping your wings out again* Care for a ride?"
Jay Park nods and the two of you fly off into the sunset.