Seven hearts for the taking

Series of One shots

There is more to this story. After reading, comment who your choice is and recieve a special ending.


You: “What the…?”

There it was again that gust of wind across the back of your neck. You whip around to see what or who it was. Just like all the other times, there is no one behind you. You sigh and try to go back to your work. You hear a giggle to your left and look up to see the maknae staring at you. You arch an eyebrow at him and he nudges a box of chocolates across the floor. You look down at it before you spot him running away with a grin on his lips and a blush on his cheeks. You reach down and pick the box up. You smile at the cute little drawing on the top of the box. You open it up and find an assortment of your favorite chocolates, spelling out SARANGHAEYO on the middle line of chocolates. You pop on in your mouth and sigh as the chocolate melts in your mouth. You go back to your work as you plow your way through the chocolate. You reach for the last piece of chocolate only to have it taken from you. You look up and your eyes meet Dongwoo’s as he munches on the piece of candy in his mouth.

You: “*glaring at the boy* I hope you are enjoying that.”

Dongwoo smiles and nods at you like a little kid. Once he swallows the chocolate, he produces a teddy bear from behind his back.

Dongwoo: “I hope this makes up for stealing your candy.”

He extends his hands offering the teddy bear to you. You take it and notice that it is holding a little heart that says B MINE. You look up at Dongwoo who is looking at you waiting for you to say something.

You: “*placing the bear on your desk* Thank you.”

You turn back to your work, missing the dejected look marring Dongwoo’s features. You are deep in your work when you see someone plop down out of the corner of your eye. You look up to see Sungyeol, grinning.

You: “Hey Seong Yeol. What can I do for you?”

Sungyeol: “Nothing.”

You go back to your work and start hearing rustling and look up to see Sungyeol rummaging through the colored pencils on your desk. You watch as he starts drawing hearts on a piece of paper. He then neatly writes your name. He lifts the sheet up and admires the work before putting it down. He pushes it towards you and gets up to walk away. You stare after the boy, dumbfounded, as he walks out of the office. You finally finish your work and pack up the designs. You are about to exit the room when Woohyun comes barging in. You look at the goofy grin on the boy’s face and frown, thinking what he could possible be up to. He wraps his arm around your shoulder and smiles down at you.

Woohyun: “Noona, come make a video with me.”

You: “Why?”

Woohyun: “Because my noona is so pretty.”

You finally agree and Woohyun quickly logs into Instagram. He starts up the video function and holds record, smiling into the lens.

Woohyun: “*speaking to the camera* Annyoung. I am here with my beautiful noona……who will be my girlfriend. Please love her as much as I do.”

Woohyun stops the video and posts it before you even have a chance to process what just happened. You watch as the smile on Woohyun’s face gets bigger as he sees the post finish posting. You grab his phone but he has already locked it.

You: “*shoving the phone in his face* Unlock it and delete that video.”

Woohyun: “*pouting* Wae?”

You: “Woohyun!”

Woohyun: “*jumping* Nollatjana.”

You: “Delete the video.”

Woohyun: “*merong* No.”

Woohyun runs out of the room only to be replaced by Hoya.

You: “*frowning* Ho Won, what do you need?”

Hoya: “Can you help me with a dance step?”

You: “Ho Won, you know I can’t dance.”

Hoya: “*stepping closer* It’s easy. Just follow my lead.”

Hoya wraps his hand around your waist and places his hand on your shoulder. As you are about to protest about there being no music, Hoya plugs his Ipod into your ear. He hits play and a beautiful classical piece drifts out of the soft rubber bud embedded in your ear. Hoya starts moving his feet and you follow him. You can hear him whispering to you and you focus on the low voice to make out the words he is whispering. You finally pinpoint the syllables sliding past his lips.

Hoya: “….and family look on as we share our first dance as husband and wife. What do you think?”

You pull back and look up at Hoya who is smiling down at you. He stops the music and his smile grows wider.

Hoya: “Of course you would have to be my girlfriend first.”

You: “Ho…”

Hoya stops you before you have a chance to protest and walks out of the room. You sigh in exasperation before walking out of the office.

{Your POV} *in a daze* What has gotten into them? Why do they all keep confessing to me? What did I do to make them act this way? When did they start having these feeling? Who is going to try this next? This is getting ridiculous. I can’t date any of them. I work for their company. It would be awkward. I have to find a gentle way of turning them down. {End}

You are so deep in thought that you fail to notice the figure heading right towards you until you run into him, knocking the two of you over. You sit up at the same time the figure sits up, rubbing his back.

You: “Sung Gyu?”

Sung Gyu: “*crawling over to you* Are you okay?”

You: “*looking up at the concern on his face* I’m fine. Are you okay?”

Sung Gyu: “*smiling gracing his features and turning his eyes into crescents* I’m fine.”

Sung Gyu stands up, helping you up in the process. He pulls you into a hug so tight you feel as if your bones are about to break.

Sung Gyu: “I was so worried I hurt you.”

You: “Why would you be worried?”

Sung Gyu: “*pulling back and blushing* Because it would be mean if I hurt the girl I like.”

You: “*staring at Sung Gyu* You too?”

Sung Gyu: “*looks at you shocked* What do you mean ‘you too’?”

You: “Never mind. I have to go. See you later at the fan signing.”

You walk away, leaving Sung Gyu standing in the hallway confused. You walk down the hall and past a closed door, from which you hear the most beautiful melody. You stop in front of the door and listen. Soon the song ends and you are still glued to your spot. The door opens and L exits the room. You look up at him and smile.

You: “That was beautiful. Is that a new song?”

L: “*slight blush coloring his cheeks* You heard that? *mumbling* You weren’t supposed to hear it.”

You: “*playfully punching his arm* Why not? It’s a beautiful song.”

L: “*cheeks turning redder* Because I was going to sing it to you when I told you I liked you.”

You: “*staring at the boy* Really? *L nods* Myungsoo, that is really sweet but….”

L: “*stopping you* It’s okay. I’m going to get ready for the fan signing.”

L walks away after uttering those words. You are left in the hallway, fretting about what to do and confused as to what brought this change in the boys.

---After the fan signing---

The fan signing has ended and you are still fretting over what you should do about the boys. You are waiting in the van for the boys to return so that you all can head to your next schedule. They finally climb into the bus and each of them kisses your cheek as they take their seats. You arrive at the studio and follow the boys into the building. Dongwoo and Sungjong grab your arms and pull you to the dance studio. They sit you on a chair by the mirror and form a half-circle around you.

You: “*looking at the boys* What is this all about?”

All the boys: “Choose. *you look confused* One of us.”

You: “*thinking for a minute* Sungjong. *the maknae looks at you with a smile on his face* I really enjoyed the chocolates you gave me. It was sweet how they spelled out saranghaeyo. You put a lot of thought into it and it showed. *the maknae’s smile grows brighter and you move on* Dongwoo. *the boy in question looks up* The teddy bear you gave me was the sweetest thing I have ever gotten. I will keep it forever. *turning to Sungyeol* Sungyeol. I didn’t know you could draw and be romantic at the same time. I will cherish that drawing forever. *Sungyeol smiles as you move on to Woohyun* Woohyun as upset I was about you posting that video, it was sweet that you called me your beautiful noona. I hope you can continue to hold onto that. *Woohyun smiles bright as you look at Hoya* Ho Won. You are going to make a girl from happy one day. The wedding you described sounds like every girls dream. *you turn your attention to Sunggyu* Sung Gyu. I am envious of the girl who captures your heart and makes you their husband. They will be the luckiest girl in the world. *looking at L* Myungsoo. I never thought I would see the day when you blushed but today was that day. The song you wrote was beautiful and I am honored that I was about to hear it. *smiling to all the boys in turn* All of you are sweet and will make whatever girl that captures your heart very happy. There is someone who has captured my heart though. And that guy is…..”

The boys hold their breath waiting for a response as you fidget with your fingers, growing increasingly more uncomfortable at the intense stares you are getting from the boys around you. You take a deep breath and release it before opening your mouth again.

You: “The guy that holds a special place in my heart is……”

Who do you think it is? Sungjong with his sweet chocolates? Dongwoo who tried for your heart with a cute teddy bear? Sungyeol and his beautifully romantic art skills? Woohyun with his confession to the world? Hoya with his dance skills and romantic nature? Sunggyu with his natural kindness. Or Myungsoo with his cool distant but still loving confession?