For the Love of Basketball

Series of One shots

You are walking down the hallway on your way of Yong Hwa University, after your last class. You are just about to walk out the door, when you are nearly knocked over by a group of boys running out of them. You feel yourself falling as a tall blonde bulldozes past you, a strong arm catches you and you look up to see too big brown eyes full of concern looking down at you.

Savior: “*deep resonating voice* Gwenchanayo?”

You: “Nae.”

The boy sets you up right and you nearly fall again when you step back a little, tripping over the basketball he dropped trying to catch you. You pick the ball up and hand it to him.

You: “*extending the basketball* Here.”

Savior: “*taking the ball from you* Gamsahamnida.”

Just as the boy was about to walk away, the tall blonde that nearly knocked you over comes back.

Tall blonde: “Yo, Chanyeol, let’s go. We got a game to play.”

Chanyeol: “*throwing a glare at the blonde* Kris, chill out. It’s not like it’s important. *turning to you* Do you want to come and watch?”

You look up at Chanyeol and nod. He tosses the ball to Kris and squats down in front of you. You look down at him.

Chanyeol: “*looking over his shoulder* I don’t want you to get hurt on the way over there since you don’t seem that steady on your feet.”

You: “*gawking* I wouldn’t have tripped if it wasn’t for *jabbing a finger in Kris’ direction* him walking around like a human bulldozer.”

Chanyeol laughs as he grabs your legs and pulls them closer causing you to fall forward and wrap your arms around Chanyeol’s neck. He stands up and you realize how tall he is. You, Chanyeol and Kris walk over to the basketball courts.

---At the basketball courts---

You arrive at the basketball courts and Chanyeol places you on one of the benches. A tall dark-haired boy walks over to you and Chanyeol, you recognize him from your English Lit class as Zitao.”

Tao: “*wrapping his arm around Chanyeol* Who’s your friend? *flashing you a smile* You are very pretty.”

Chanyeol: “*shrugging Tao off* Kris almost knocked her over and I saved her so I brought her here so she could watch us play basketball.”

Another boy comes over, he is smaller than the other two standing in front of you and he is too pretty to even be called a boy.

Pretty Boy: “Good, we have a cheerleader. *leaning close to you with a smirk* Make sure you cheer extra loud for me sweetie.”

Just as you are about to slap the boy in front of you, someone grabs him and pulls him back. You look up and see your childhood friend Lay.

Lay: “*putting the pretty faced boy in a headlock* Luhan, do you have to be so greasy all the time?”

Luhan: “*squirming out of the headlock* I wasn’t being greasy. I was just being friendly.”

You: “*standing up* Lay, I’m fine. I want to see you guys play basketball.”

Lay: “*taking the ball from Kris and handing it to you* Why don’t you play too? We are short a player, *pointing to a stern boy with a cast on his leg* since Sehun broke his leg.”

You shrug and take the ball from Lay.

You: “*spinning the ball on your finger* Teams?”

Kris: “Me and Chanyeol are captains.”

The two taller boys stand next to each other and start picking.

Kris: “*smirking* I want the girl.”

You: “*glaring at the boy before walking over to him, smacking him in the head* I have a name, pabo.”

Chanyeol: “*laughing* Luhan , you are on my team.”

Teams have been chosen; Chanyeol has Luhan, Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Tao and Suho on his team, while Kris has you, Kai, Baekhyun, and Chen. Sehun flips a coin to see who gets the ball first. It ends up on heads and Kris’ team gets the ball first. You quickly find out that Kris is a ball hog. You continue to run up and down the court waiting for the ball. Finally your chance comes when Chanyeol steals the ball from Kris and passes it to Xiumin. You follow the boy down the court, right before he shoots you steal the ball and run it down the court. You look up to see Lay standing under the basket and Tao right in your path. You fake a pass to Kai and Tao falls for it. You chuckle as you head to the basket and Lay starts heading for you. You take a jump shot and it swishes through with nothing but net. Kai comes and high-fives you with a smirk. Lay gets the ball and passes it to Chanyeol who goes down the court and goes for the shot; he jumps up and releases the ball. He comes down and you watch his ankle twist but the boy just shakes his foot and walks away. You notice a strong limp and he walks to the middle of the court. The game continues and Chanyeol goes for another jump shot, when he comes down he practically crumbles to the ground. You rush over to him.

You: “Chanyeol, are you okay?”

Chanyeol: “*smiling at you* Nae, gwenchanayo.”

You: “*helping the boy up* We should still get you to the infirmary to get some ice or something.”

Chanyeol allows you to help him up and the two of you head to the infirmary.

---A few days later---

You are heading out of the building to go to the pool when you hear a loud deep voice behind you.

Voice: “(Y/N)!”

You turn around and see Chanyeol sprinting towards you. He finally catches up to you.

Chanyeol: “*smiling down at you* Are you busy?”

You: “*pointing to the pool* I was going to go swimming for a bit.”

Chanyeol: “Mind if I join?”

You nod and Chanyeol follows you to the pool. You swim for about two hours and then you head to the locker room and change. You come back and sit with Chanyeol on the bleachers.

Chanyeol: “*looking up at you with a big grin* Wanna play a game?”

You: “Sure, what game?”

Chanyeol grabs your hand and pulls you to the basketball courts. He pulls the basketball out of his backpack. He bounces it a few times and then turns to you.

You: “*pointing at the ball* You want to play basketball? *pulling your hair up* Okay.”

Chanyeol: “*smiling at your eagerness* Yes, but I want to make a bet with you. *you raise an eyebrow* We will play to five points, if I get it before you then you have to answer three questions for me.”

You: “*smirking* If I win?”

Chanyeol: “Then I will be your slave for a week.”

You nod and take the ball from Chanyeol. The two of you begin the game and soon Chanyeol has reached his five points while you only have three.

Chanyeol: “*devilish smile spread across his face* You lost. First question, do you have a boyfriend?”

You: “*shake your head* No, but why do you care?”

Chanyeol: “*pouting* Hey, I’m asking the questions here. Second question, what do you think of me?”

You: “*blushing* You are cute and fun to be around.”

Chanyeol: “*tsking* Not what I meant.”

You: “*blush getting deeper* I like you.”

Chanyeol: “*smirk returning* Will you be my girlfriend?”

You: “*looking up at Chanyeol with wide eyes* Uhhhhhh…….yes.”

Chanyeol:”*grabbing your hand* You don’t have to say yes.”

You: “*standing on your tip-toes and pecking Chanyeol on the cheek* I want to. *turning and sashaying away; calling over your shoulder* By the way, you didn’t need a game to ask me to be your girlfriend.”

Chanyeol walks over to you and grabs your wrist, spinning you around. He pulls you into a kiss that makes you melt. He takes his hand from your wrist and moves it to your waist, pulling you closer. He releases you and he is panting and his face is flushed.

Chanyeol: “*smiling* I think I love you.”