Chapter 9

I Can't Hear You but You Sound Beautiful

The boys in the room looked at Luhan like he was crazy. Sehun didn't care about anyone except his friends.

Baekhyun sat on the edge of the bed along with Tao. They looked at each other for a few seconds and Tao nodded and Baekhyun to tell him about the real Sehun. Baekhyun was afraid to tell his friend about the real Sehun. The real Sehun scared him and he didn't want to put Luhan in that position.

"Lu, there's something you should know about Sehun." Baekhyun started to sign very slowly.

"What about him?"

"He's not what he makes himself to be, he doesn't care about anybody except his friends. We tried to become friendly with him but he didn't like us."

Luhan became confused. If he didn't care for anybody except his friends then that meant that the note that he wrote wasn't true. He didn't really mean he was sorry. He really wasn't worried about him. Those tears that he let loose in the hall weren't real tears that meant that he cared about him.

Luhan was at a lose for words. He couldn't believe that Sehun would lie to him like that. He looked at the note again. This time he took his time to read what Sehun wrote. After he finished reading it, he crumpled the note up and threw it across the room and let out more tears.

Kyungsoo went back and held the crying boy in his arms. He looked at Baekhyun with a death glare. Baekhyun felt horrible about telling Luhan that but he needed to know to keep him safe.

"You didn't need to tell him that Baekhyun." Kyungsoo said with allot of hate in his voice.

"I'm trying to keep him safe from Sehun. I didn't want him to hurt Luhan." Baekhyun sighed and looked down at the white bed sheets.

"I know that your trying to protect Luhan but did it look like that Sehun actually cared for Luhan? He's never cried in front of any of us." Kyungsoo pointed out.

Baekhyun stood up and left the room. When he walked out into the hallway, he slid down the wall, brought his knees up to his chest and buried his face in them and finally cried.


Chanyeol, Kai, Kris, Suho and Chen were walking down the hallway, coming back from the cafeteria. They were just talking about random stuff until Kris pointed out someone crying. They all tried to make out who it was but they couldn't. Kai and Suho decided to walk up to the person to see if he was alright.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kai asked as he crouched down to the boy's level.

When the boy looked up, Chanyeol immediately ran to him and embraced him in a hug.

"Baek, what happened?" Chanyeol asked as he was comforting his boyfriend.

Baekhyun shook his head and buried his face into Chanyeol's neck. Chanyeol put Baekhyun in his lap and started to rock him back and forth.

"Why were you crying?" He asked again, hoping to get an answer.

"Ky-Kyungsoo m-made m-m-me feel ho-horrible." Baekhyun said in between sobs.

Chanyeol looked at Kai and gave him a death glare.

"Go talk to you boyfriend." Chanyeol snarled at the younger.

"Let's hear why Kyungsoo made Baekhyun feel that way before we start picking sides." Suho said while trying to keep Chanyeol from going crazy and kill Kyungsoo. "Baekhyun what did you say?"

"Why don't you ask Kyungsoo." Baekhyun spat those words out.

Kai and Suho groaned at the same time making Chanyeol glare at both of them.

"I'm going to take Baekhyun home. Call me and tell me what Kyungsoo said." Chanyeol said as he picked Baekhyun up and carried him out of the hospital.

The remaining four went into the room and saw Kyungsoo comforting Luhan while he looked like he was about to break down. Tao, Xiumin and Lay were talking about school.

Kai cleared his throat and the boys looked at him.

"Hey, Kyung, uh.. Baekhyun said that you made him feel bad. Can I know why?" Kai asked as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

Kyungsoo scoffed and rolled his eyes. "He's the one that should feel bad about himself."

"What do you mean?" Kris asked, clearly annoyed by Kyungsoo's behavior.

"He told Luhan about the real Sehun. The real Sehun that doesn't care about anyone but you guys." Kyungsoo stated with hate in his voice.

The four were silent. They didn't know what to say.