Chapter 23

I Can't Hear You but You Sound Beautiful

Sehun woke up to the sun rays hitting his face. He groaned and got up. He looked at his phone and saw he had three texts from Kai, four missed calls from Kai and a voicemail from Kai. Sehun rose his eyebrow up and decided to listen to the voicemail that his former best friend left.

"Don't even let Luhan come to your house today. Kyungsoo isn't going to allow it and you know it. He will kick Luhan out and not feel any remorse. I'm telling you in advance so that Luhan isn't upset when he can't come over. If he does come then Kyungsoo will make sure that your other half of your face is covered in stitches. If you want to talk more, than we can talk in school or you can skip. Your choice but I'm going to be at your house all day with Kyungsoo."

Sehun hung up his phone and his heart started to race. He's never felt this nervous before. He wasn't sure that Kai was downstairs with Kyungsoo talking about a way to hurt Luhan when he comes over. He sighed and hopped out of bed. He got into the shower and started to think how he was going to let Kyungsoo let Luhan in the house without being threatened.

As the cool water hit his face different senoras went through his head. He thought about Kyungsoo hurting Luhan. He thought about Kyungsoo calling Luhan names and hurting his boyfriend's feelings. He thought about Kai hurting him and calling him names like Kyungsoo.

He thinks that Kyungsoo wouldn't hurt him as bad because he was Luhans best friend and Luhan did tell him everything but that just gave Kyungsoo an advantage of hurting Luhan even more because of how much Kyungsoo knows about his life. Kai, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. Kai would hurt someone for no reason and if he did have a reason then it would be pretty bad. He wouldn't care if he stepped on people just to hurt them. Kai only cared about his popularity and his social ladder at the school and outside of school.

Sehun sighed at the thought of having Luhan come over and getting hurt. He couldn't let that happen to his boyfriend. He wanted to protect Luhan but he knew that would be difficult if Kyungsoo and Kai were at the house. The only way to let Luhan meet his parents is if they met at a cafe.

Sehun finally got out of the shower, after being in there for 20 minutes of just thinking, he decided not to go to school and try to at least talk to Kyungsoo and Kai and making them let Luhan come over. There was a question ringing through his mind. How did Kai and Kyungsoo know that Luhan was coming today?

He got dressed in grey sweat pants and a white t-shirt with skull on it. He walked downstairs and heard low voices coming from the kitchen. He could easily tell which one was Kyungsoo and it only took him a second to figure out which one was Kai. He went into the kitchen only making the voices stop and look at him. Kyungsoo quickly turned around and Kai continued looking at him.

"Can we talk?" Sehun mumbled. Kyungsoo threw his head back and walked out of the kitchen and walked into the living room. Kai made his way slowly into the living room and sat next to Kyungsoo. Sehun sighed knowing that it would be a miracle of Kyungsoo let Luhan in the house.

He went into the living room and sat down in front of them. "Look, before you say anything, how did you two know that Luhan was coming?" That was the first thing that left his mouth.

"We went into your room when your dad wanted to talk to you but you were sleeping. I tried to wake you up but saw that you were texting Luhan, so I got curios and saw that he was going to come over here to meet our parents." Kyungsoo said as he crossed his arms, waiting for the next question his step brother was going to throw at him.

"Why can't Luhan come over?" Sehun brought his hands up to his mouth and started to bit his nails.

"Because I don't want him to come over."

"You know thats not fair. Why can Kai come over whenever he wants but my boyfriend can't met our parents? Does that sound fair?" Sehun leaned up and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Kai is different." Kyungsoo bluntly said.

Sehun shook his head and sighed. "How is he different?"

"He's a better boyfriend than Luhan would ever be." Kyungsoo smirked and Kai gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"How can you say that about your friend?" Sehun was absolutely disgusted by how Kyungsoo was treating Luhan.

"Correction: He was my friend until he started to date you." Kyungsoo flipped him off and walked back into the kitchen, leaving Sehun in shock and Kai happy.

"You really ed up." Kai said as he got up and smacked Sehun's head. The slap didn't hurt as much as his heart hurt when Kyungsoo said that about his boyfriend.

Sehun got up and sped into the kitchen. He grabbed Kyungsoo by the collar and slammed him into the wall. "How the hell can you say that to someone who is ing deaf?! He was your best friend but then you stopped talking to him because he started to date me?! How ing selfish!" Sehun let go off Kyungsoo only to punch him in the jaw and run upstairs.

When he got to his room, he let a smile creep across his face. He finally stood up to Kyungsoo. After many years of verbal and mental abuse, he finally stood up for himself and most importantly Luhan.


A/N:

This chapter was took me more time to write because I wasn't really feeling that well today plus my math teacher gave me like 60 questions for homework :(

Anyways, I will probably be a little late on the Friday update because I have to do something with my family :(

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3