Chapter 8

I Can't Hear You but You Sound Beautiful

Luhan took the note from Sehun uneasily. He was scared that the note would say that he wasn't sorry for his actions and that he would wish never to see him again. Luhan looked down at the note, which Sehun folded up, and gulped before he opened it up.

"Dear Luhan,

I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was totally unacceptable and I was wrong for my actions. After I left I felt horrible about what I did and went back to try to apologize but Tao said that you had left. When I saw you lying on the ground unconscious, I didn't know how to react. I wanted to tell you I was sorry. When I held you against my chest and you were barley breathing, I felt like it was my fault that happened to you. If I didn't react that way then you wouldn't be in the hospital and you wouldn't have to be afraid of me. All I'm saying is that I'm truly sorry and I hope we can be the best of friends.

Love Sehun."

 

Luhan looked up from the note and looked at Sehun. He looked back at the note again and tears fell from his eyes and went on the paper ruining the letter. 'Just friends?' Luhan asked himself. He grabbed the pen, that was laying on his bed, and started to write something down. He tried his best to write it through his tears but he was failing. He stopped for a few seconds to recollect himself and started to write again.

After he was done, he folded it back up and gave it to Sehun. The said boy gave him a weak smile and opened the note. He smile turned into a frown when he saw what the boy wrote.

"Dear Sehun,

I accept you apology but in my heart it didn't seem like you were really sincere. Why is that? Why is it that when I see you, I see a person who looks disgusted by me? Why? I don't feel comfortable around you yet. Being around you makes my world shatter. I feel scared that you will still be disgusted by me. How you reacted was unacceptable but I still forgave you . Why is that? Because everyone deserves a second chance but your second chance will take me awhile to get truly accept your apology. I'm sorry and I do wish that we can still be friends but maybe not as close.

Luhan."

 

Sehun looked up from the note and tears were threating to fall from his eyes. He threw the note on the table, stood up and left. He didn't even turn around to see Luhan crying his heart out when he left like that.

He walked out of the room and already he was bombarded with questions. He wasn't in the mood to talk. He was so mad that Luhan would even say that. He was truly sorry but he guessed that he didn't see that.

"Sehun, what happened?" Kris asked him with allot of concern in his voice.

He turned around and the tears that were threating to fall from his eyes finally came out. He felt weak crying in front of his friends but thanks to Luhan, he just did.

"He didn't accept my apology. Thanks for making me come here and ruining my day." After he said that he left the hospital.

Tao, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Kyungsoo and Lay ran into Luhan's room finding the blond in a fetal position. Kyungsoo immediately embraced him in a hug while Baekhyun was rubbing his back. Xiumin looked around to see if they used the paper that he left and to his surprise he did.

He picked up the crumbled piece of paper and started to read what they wrote each other. He furrowed his eyebrows together as he read it. Luhan did accept but he didn't really accept? Xiumin was truly confused. He looked at Luhan, who got out of the fetal position and had his head on Kyungsoo's chest.

Xiumin tapped his friend's leg to try to get his attention. When Luhan looked up, he saw Xiumin with the note and his face immediately paled. Xiumin sighed and started to sign to his friend.

"Why Luhan? Why?"

"He didn't seem like he was really sorry. He looked like he was forced to be here and say sorry."

"Luhan, he really is sorry!"

"No he's not!"

"Why are you acting like this?!"

"Acting like what?!"

"An immature child?!"

After Xiumin signed that sentence, he left the room. When he saw Chen, he immediately hugged him and buried his face in his chest.

Luhan felt horrible after Xiumin signed that. He didn't want to lose his friend over a stupid fight like this. He looked up at Tao and asked him to bring Xiumin back in. Tao nodded and left the room.

When Xiumin walked back into the room, he crossed his arms over his chest and puffed out his cheeks.

"Baozi, don't be mad at me. I'm really sorry."

Xiumin let out a small smile when Luhan used that nickname that he gave him. Of course he couldn't stay mad at Luhan, he was like his little brother. He walked over to the bed and hugged his friend. When he broke the hug he signed to Luhan.

"You really hurt Sehun. After he walked out of the room, he broke down."

Luhan felt horrible after he saw Xiumin sign that. He didn't mean for him to cry, he just wanted to tell him how he truly felt. The pieces weren't adding up. If Sehun started to cry like that, then that meant Sehun liked him.

"You guys, I think Sehun likes me."