Chapter 40

I Can't Hear You but You Sound Beautiful

Luhan bit his bottom lip, fisted his hands and was ready to knock on the door. He told Sehun to go home because he wanted to do this by himself but he was regretting it. He wanted Sehun here with him now and telling him that everything is going to be okay. He shook his head and knock on the door.

It felt like an eternity before the door was answered. The person that opened the door didn't look to happy but let him in. Luhan gave his friend a silent thanks before he walked in.

"There in the living room." His friend said in an ice tone.

"Xiumin please." Luhan begged his friend. Xiumin shook his head and walked to the living room. Luhan already felt the tears prickling in his eyes because his best friend is giving him the cold shoulder.

He walked in the living room and all eyes were focusing on him. He brought his head down and stood in the doorway. He could feel their ice cold glares and he didn't like it one bit. He wished that he could turn back time and not make the stupid surgery happen if he knew it would put a strain on his friendship with the people that stayed with him through out his entire life and helped him through the difficulty of being deaf. He looked up and let a few tears leave his eyes, that he quickly wiped them away.

"Why should we still be friends with you?" Baekhyun asked coldly.

Luhan's bottom lip quivered and tried to come up with an answer. "You guys have been with me through everything. I don't want to lose you over something this stupid."

Tao rolled his eyes. "Are you trying to make us feel bad?" Tao cocked an eyebrow up.

Luhan's breathing hitched when Tao asked the question. It wasn't his intention to make them feel bad. "I didn't want to make you feel bad." He mumbled.

"Listen the reason why we acted that way is because we know you better than anyone else and you got that surgery just to have a normal relationship with Sehun. When you came to my house told me that Sehun doesn't deserve you because you were deaf, then all of a sudden this surgery comes up and before you go in you and Sehun are back together. That's so selfish of you!" Baekhyun yelled the last sentence to saw Luhan how angry he was at him. "You got the surgery just to have a normal relationship with Sehun and it pisses me off! It pisses me off that you did the surgery in the first place!"

Luhan backed up and bit his lip while tears were flowing out of his eyes. "I didn't."

"Yes you did Luhan!" Baekhyun got up and walked towards his friend. "You got the surgery just to save your relationship!"

"I didn't want this to happen!" Luhan yelled back, making Baekhyun's eyes widen and back away from Luhan. "If I knew the surgery would do this to out friendship then I wouldn't have done it! I wish I've never done it because its tearing us apart!" Luhan took a deep breath and tried to control his tears. "I'm leaving. I didn't want to fight with you."

When he started walking out of the house, he heard Lay and Xiumin calling him. It was too late the damage was already done. He had his head down, hands in his pocket and went wherever his feet took him. When he got to an intersection, he looked both ways, and started to walk to the other side.

When he was in the middle of the intersection he heard a car honking. He looked at the car and saw that it was coming full speed. He tried to run from it but was too late. The last thing he heard were people screaming to call 911 before he past out.


A/N:

Man, I'm making Baekhyun mean in the story! My poor bias :(

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3