Chapter 32

I Can't Hear You but You Sound Beautiful

Kai and Kyungsoo tried their best to cheer up the depressed teen. Kyungsoo tried to make Sehun go for a walk with him but the younger would just shake his head and lock the door to his room. Kai tried to make Sehun leave his room and at least try to go into the living room and talk with his family but Sehun wouldn't leave his bed.

His parents started to get scared when they heard Sehun's thoughts about wanting to kill himself. His dad called a psychologist. When the psychologist talked to Sehun he said that he fell into depression and the only thing that they had to do was try to make him happy and take him out of depression before it's too late.

Kyungsoo's heart shattered when he heard his step brother was in depression. He heard from Kai that the last time he went into depression was probably the darkest time in Sehun's life. He would lock himself away from the outside world and wait until the day comes for him to die. Kai would always be the one to help him come out of it but Sehuns mom would've been able to make him feel better and not to put the blame on himself.

Kyungsoos mom tried everything to help her step son but he wouldn't let her near him. She wanted to do something but everytime she got close to him he would yell at her and say she wasn't his real mom and that she's trying to take his moms place. It would always end up in him and his dad in a screaming match and in the end Sehun would slam his door shut and lock himself in his room.

*

It was noon on Saturday. Everyone was downstairs except for Sehun. Kyungsoo kept on glancing up the stairs hoping that his step brother would come down. Kyungsoos mom would keep on sowing, she kept on stealing glances up the stairs as well but it would be the same results, nothing. His dad didn't even bother looking up the stairs, the only thing that he hoped of hearing was his son's door unlocking and footsteps coming down the stairs but he knew that was a long shot when his son falls in depression.

Kyungsoo tapped his fingers on his knees while he was watching the news. He was started to get impatient. He bit his nails but got scolded by his mom. He looked up the stairs again and saw nothing. He got up and walked up the stairs and headed to Sehun's room.

He knocked on the door and got no answer. He turned the knob but it was locked. Kyungsoo shrugged it off and thought because he's been doing this lately. He tried knocking on the door again and still no answer. Kyungsoo started to get scared. He ran to the top of the stairs and yelled for his mom and step dad.

They both ran upstairs. Sehun's dad tried to break the door knob but had no luck. He told his wife to get a hammer from the garage. His adrenaline kicked in when he thought of the worst scenarios that could've happened to his son. When his wife come back with the hammer, he banged it against the door, causing a hole being formed by the impact. His dad kept on slamming the hammer on the door until it was no more.

They walked inside the room and saw that Sehun wasn't in their. Kyungsoo saw that the bathroom door was closed and he ran to it. He found out it was locked. He took the hammer from his step dad and slammed it against the door until it was nothing. He looked inside the bathroom and saw Sehun on the floor with his wrists slit. Kyungsoo ran to his step brother and cradled him in his chest as he et tears flow out from his eyes. 

Sehun wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo and started to cry as well. He had nothing to live for and he just wanted to die. He didn't have a lover anymore. He pushed his friends away. He pushed his parents away. He pushed everyone he loved away. He was just depressed by everything that happened in the last four days that he just told himself that he was worthless until it was engraved in his brain.

Kyungsoo broke the hug, got a towel and wrapped it around Sehun's left wrist causing the younger to hiss in pain. Kyungsoo helped his step brother up and brought  him to his bed. Sehun looked at his parents and saw sadness in their eyes. His step mom got another towel and wrapped it around his other wrist. After they stopped the bleeding and put band-aids on Sehun's wrists his father spoke up.

"Why would you do this Sehun?" His father sat next to him and put his hand on his sons back.

"I have no reason to live." Sehun said coldly. Kyungsoo shivered by how cold his step brother's voice was. It was like he was a robot and he had no emotion.

"You have friends and a step brother that loves you." His step mom said trying to reassure Sehun that he has people that love him.

"Not Luhan." His voice cracked and for the first time in for weeks Kyungsoo finally saw his step brother crack.

"Why would you still care about Luhan? He broke up with you." Kyungsoo stood in front of the younger. His mom looked at him with wide eyes but he shook his head. She nodded and knew that her son was doing something that could help Sehun.

"He's everything to me. He was the reason that I had a purpose to live. I loved him but he just left me." Sehun looked up at his step brother and had tears glistening in his eyes. "Kyungsoo, why does he hate me now?" Sehun let tears track down his face.

Kyungsoo's heart broke. "Sehun, he doesn't hate you." Kyungsoo kneeled down at his step brother's level and put his hand on Sehun's lap.

"Yes he does." Kyungsoo engulfed Sehun in a hug and rocked his step brother back and forth.

He wanted to know Luhan's real intentions about why he broke up with Sehun. He wanted to tell Luhan what he caused Sehun to go through. He wanted Luhan to feel the same pain that Sehun's feeling.

He looked at his step brother and saw that he was asleep. He gently put him on the pillow and pulled the blankets up. He kissed Sehun's forehead and left the room with his mom and step father following.

They went back down to the living room. Kyungsoo sat on the rocking chair while his mom and step dad sat on the couch. He looked at his mom and saw that she was still shaken up by what just happened. He looked at his step dad and he had a nervous look on his face.

He wanted to tell them that Sehun would be okay but he wasn't sure himself. He just prayed that his step brother wouldn't pull something like this again. Seeing his step brother like that scared him. If he was to lose Sehun he would regret so many things. Screaming at him, throwing the beer bottle in his face and fighting with him. He knew he had precious time left with the younger and wanted to spend it wisely.

His train of thoughts was cut off by a texted from Kai. He opened the text and had a smile on his face.

*Baekhyun got Luhan to go to the park next to your house. He's going to go tomorrow. Have Sehun come!

He put down his phone and looked at his mom.

"Mom?" She looked up and smiled.

"Can you teach Sehun sign language?" Kyungsoo put his elbow on the arm rest and rested his head on his hand.

"If he would want to." She looked back up the stairs and sighed. "I don't want to encounter him like that again." His step dad kissed her forehead and told her everything would be alright.

Kyungsoo went back up the stairs and walked to Sehun's room. When he got in there he saw Sehun curled in a ball and his back resting against the wall. Kyungsoo knocked on the wall making Sehun look at him and gave him a weak nod. Kyungsoo sat next to Sehun and showed him the text from Kai.

"Wouldn't Luhan just run away if he saw me?" Sehun asked his step brother.

"Just try." Kyungsoo leaned his side against the wall and let out a sigh.

Sehun shook his head. "If he runs away from me then I'll just run away and you'll never hear from me again." Again, Sehun's voice caused shivers down the older's spine.

"Okay." Kyungsoo kissed the side of his head. "Love you." Sehun choked on a sob.

When Kyungsoo walked out of the room the last thing he heard was Sehun saying Luhan in a broken voice. Kyungsoo leaned against the wall and had tears trickling down his face. If this happened to him and Kai he would just die than live. He didn't know how Sehun was able to hold up like this. He knew Sehun was strong but he didn't know he was this strong but today he showed his weakness and thats what made Kyungsoo afraid.

He looked at his phone and saw that he had a message from Baekhyun. He opened and his breathing hitched.

*Is Sehun coming?

Kyungsoo looked away from his phone and let a few tears fall from his eyes. He sent Baekhyun simple two letters.

*No.


A/N:

YAY LONG CHAPTER!!!!

I feel accomplished for this update because it's long and it sorta shows how Kyungsoo feels about Sehun now.

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3