Chapter 4

I Can't Hear You but You Sound Beautiful

Sehun's eyes widened when he felt another pair of lips on his. He quickly pushed the boy off of him, got up and wiped his lips, a look of disgust was clearly seen in his face. He didn't even think about helping Luhan up, he just left.

Kai offered a hand to help Luhan up but Luhan ignored it, got up on his own and ran towards the direction of his house. Tears started to blur his vision when Sehun did that. 'He didn't have to react that way! It was an accident!' Luhan screamed that thought in his head.

He was running through a busy street and stopped for a minute to catch his breath. Before he crossed the road he looked right and left, then walked to the other side. He stopped for a second to pull out his phone then continued walking but then he felt his head came in contact with something hard and then his vision went out.

Sehun saw the whole thing. 

He wanted to apologize to him, so he went back to Tao's house but Tao told him he went home. Kris offered him a ride and he gladly accepted it. Kris, Tao and Sehun were in the car on the way to Luhan's house. Sehun was looking out the window then he heard tires screech and then Tao screaming and running out of the car.

Sehun ran up to the unconscious boy and  checked for any signs that he was alive. Thankfully, he still had a pulse but it was very faint. He looked at Tao with tears stinging in his eyes and yelled at him to call for an ambulance. Tao took out his phone with shaky hands and quickly called for an ambulance while Kris called their friends and told them what happened.

Sehun carefully held the boy to his chest, held his head, where the gash was, and cried into his hair. He was praying that the boy didn't die in his arms.

He didn't like Luhan but wanted to know more about him. He always thought that people who were different from other people were the best people. He has weird friends and loves them because their different and Luhan would be the missing piece to the group.

When the ambulance got their, the paramedics had to pry Luhan out of Sehun's arms. When they got Luhan on the gurney he was barley breathing and was losing more blood than the paramedics could replace before they made it to the hospital. They quickly got him in the ambulance and rushed to the hospital.

Kris helped his crying friend up and brought him back to the car. Tao got back in with a pale face and looked like he was about to break down any second. Kris looked at Tao worriedly and put his hand on Tao's knee.

"Did you call his parents?" That question made Tao lose it. He grabbed his hair and fisted it and started to cry even harder.

"T-t-they s-said t-t-that i-i-if he w-was in a-another a-a-accident t-t-that he could die!" Tao said in between sobs.

Kris looked at Sehun with his mouth hanging open but he was confused. Another accident?

"Tao, what do you mean another accident?" Sehun asked as he placed his hand on a shaky shoulder.

Tao shook his head in response. "He'll tell you or his parents will."

Sehun and Kris knew not to push Tao, so they kept quiet the whole car ride to the hospital.


When they arrived at the hospital, Tao bolted out of the car leaving Kris and Sehun in the dust. Sehun looked at Kris with his mouth hanging open and pointed at Tao. He didn't know Tao could run that fast. He was always the slow one in gym.

When they got in they already saw their group and four other people. Two looked like middle aged people, one was in a wheelchair and another was reading a book but her hands were on it and she wasn't looking at the book.

Tao, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Lay and Kyungsoo were talking to the people. The girl that was reading the book broke down in quiet sobs while the boy in the wheelchair tried to comfort her. The two middle aged people were crying as well but tried to comfort the girl instead of themselves.

Sehun and Kris walked over to the guys, who were talking amongst themselves.

"Who are those people?" Kris asked pointing to the four new people.

"Thats Luhans family. His brother is paralyzed and his sister is blind." Suho answered with a huff.

"I swear that family is messed up. One kid is deaf, the other paralyzed and one is blind." Kai said with a sad sigh.

"There has to be more than that. Not all of their kids should have disabilities." Chanyeol pitched in while rubbing his forehead.

A few minutes of talking the doctor came out saying that he was stable but he hit his head hard on the concrete and won't wake up for a few hours and that he also lost allot of blood and will be kept in the hospital until his blood count is back up.

The mother and father went in leaving the brother and sister in the waiting room, talking to each other. Baekhyun gestured Chanyeol to come comfort them but Chanyeol shook his head. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, got up, grabbed the taller's arms and forced him to talk to them.

"Zhuang and Ai, I want you to met my boyfriend Chanyeol." Baekhyun said with a smile on his face.

Zhuang had black hair that covered his eyes and was wearing ripped jeans and a white shirt. Ai had black hair that was in a ponytail, her bangs also covered her eyes and she was wearing a summer dress.

"Hi Chanyeol, I'm Ai." She held out her hand to where she thought Chanyeol was. Chanyeol looked at the hand that was pointed at Baekhyun but Chanyeol took it anyway.

Zhuang just stayed quiet and messed with the fingers on his lap.

"I was wondering, was Luhan born deaf?" Chanyeol asked softly, not trying to scare them.

Both Ai and Zhuang tensed at the question. They didn't want to relive the accident that made their family suffer, especially when the accident left the children blind, deaf and paralyzed.

"Uh.. We were in a car accident that left me blind, Zhuang paralyzed and Luhan deaf." Ai answered with a heavenly smile on her face.

Even though she was telling the story her sweet voice and smile made Chanyeol tear up. Never in his life had he met somebody that had the look on her face when she was telling a devastating story that made their family suffer but somehow she was made it seem like it was nothing.