How Dare You...

You... You... What?

"Her skull cracked and she is suffering from internal bleeding."

 A panicked look washed across their faces.

"Please, be happy. I am actually surprised her injuries aren't more serious, getting hit by a truck and all. She seems like a strong girl. She will live, so please calm down."

Chanhee was a mess. He was broken.

"C-Calm down? You expect me to 'calm down'? How? Is it even possible? My sister is suffering from internal bleeding and her head is cracked, my precious precious little sister, and you want me to CALM DOWN?"

"Chanhee-ah. He's right. We're lucky she's alive, okay?" Byunghun said, his voice cracking on every other word.

He felt broken too.

Chanhee and Byunghun really love her, it's just a different kind of love for each. The truck driver came up to Chanhee. He felt extremely bad. He didn't mean for this to happen. Anybody would be surprised if a girl ran out into the street in front of their vehicle. You can't stop it in time. You try to brake, but it's no use. It all happens too quickly. The next thing you know, you may be a murderer. You have badly injured a person, even if you would never hurt a fly.

"Look, I'm really sorry. I really didn't mean for this to happen. I was driving, when suddenly I see a girl in front of my truck. I tried to brake, but I was already too close to her. My truck didn't stop in time. I am really, really, really sorry."

"Thank you. Most people wouldn't have this kind of decency. They would blame it on the one who was hit for not looking. Or come up with some crazyy excuse."

"Thank you for your kindness. Don't worry, I can help pay for her medical bills and stuff-"

"No, don't. It really wasn't your fault. Plus, you even came here to make sure she's okay. Just, go. Go home and rest."

Chanhee was upset, but he was still understanding. He didn't want to place the blame on someone who wasn't at fault. His sister was alive, and that's all that mattered to him in that moment. However, his mood was ruined even more (if possible) when a certain someone came.

"Chanhee-ah, where's ~~~~~~~?"

"No. No way. Leave. Get lost NOW!"

"Lee Chanhee. I just want to see if my daughter is okay!"

"No. How can you care about her when you are the one at fault? How? How can you have the audacity to come here when she is in the hospital and it is all your fault? Don't you feel guilty at all? Huh, Mr. Lee?"

"Mr. Lee? Chanhee-ah, what is that?"

"It's you. Your last name is Lee, isn't it?"

"I'm your appa, Chanhee. Address me correctly."

"How dare you try to become our father after all of this. It's no wonder our eomma left you. Look at what you have done. And now you come and claim to be our father? Maybe you should act like one. Junhong told me, okay. First that stupid company owner stuff and now this? An arranged marriage?"

"Look, okay, I saw a good opportunity and took it."

"Well, you tried. And guess what? You lost your family because of it. Now crawl back to wherever you came from and never come back. I don't expect anything from you. No communication of any sort. Nothing. Now go."

Chanhee was confident. He was serious. He hated his "father" and will hold this grudge for the rest of his life. His sister means everything to him. They were really all they had after they started living alone together.

His trail of thoughts were broken when he saw a nurse come out of the doors and walk towards them.

"One person may visit ~~~~~~~~-ssi."

"Byunghun-ah, you want to?" Chanhee was trying to be nice.

"Come on, Chunji. You know I want you to go. Now go before I change my mind and be selfish, okay?"

Chanhee nodded and followed the nurse into the room. His heart sunk further when he saw her. Tubes connected to her. Bandages wrapped around her head. Lying on the bed. Unconcious. Oblivious. Clueless about how broken her family has become. She looked so innocent.

Chanhee couldn't take it anymore, so he left. He told the nurse to let Byunghun see her. When he went back to the waiting room, he saw a certain girl he hadn't seen in a while. She looked frantic and was yelling at his friends.

"Lee..... Jieun?"

"OH CHUNJI!! Where's ~~~~~~~~? Is she okay? She's alive, right? These stupid idiots won't tell me anything! I am dying of curiosity!!!!"

"Why are you here? I thought you...."

"Silly, just because you stole my best friend from me at school doesn't mean we don't still talk and hang out at times! Now tell me. IS SHE ALRIGHT?"

"Yes, yes. She's alive. Her skull is cracked and she's suffering from internal bleeding, but she's alive and breathing."

Jieun ran and hugged Chanhee. It was a spur of the moment thing.He just awkwardly stood there while she wrapped her arms around him.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I WAS GOING TO DIE IF SHE DIED~!!! Do you know how BORING it is at school without her?"

"Oooooh, right. You're the friend of hers that likes me. Now tell me, did you use her to get close to me? Huh?" Chanhee interrogated.

"HAHAHAHA I LIKE YOU? THAT'S FUNNY THAT'S A GREAT JOKE- oh wait, you were serious?"

"Yeah, those stares you gave me before. I could tell."

"Oh, you mean like before before? Yeah, I did then. And then I found out you were the stupid brother of ~~~~~~~~'s and it TOTALLY turned off the thing in my brain that said I like you."

"Yah- stupid brother? She said that about me?"

"She said, and I quote, 'I'm so ahead in my studies because I have to help my brother. He at school.' I consider this stupid."

"Wow. How is that stupid? So I need help. Maybe I'm dyslexic."

"Dyslexic my , I bet you can read fine. Do you even know what dyslexic means?"

Chanhee had to think about this one for a while. He was still thinking when Jonghyun spoke up.

"Hyung, you are stupid. Dyslexia is when you have trouble reading because the letters look all mixed up."

"Waahhhh, when did our maknae, Changjo, get so smart?" Chanhee asked Jonghyun as he ruffled the younger boy's hair. Jonghyun responded by grabbing the collar of his hyung.

"Yah, I'm your hyung! Show me respect!"

"Like I care. If you want to stand up to me, become a black belt in taekwondo. Hyung~." Jonghyun was trying to help lighten Chanhee's mood, although he felt horrible also. However, Jieun didn't notice that. She thought he was serious.

"GOD, now I know what she means. You guys are such CHODINGS!"

"Yah, no we aren't!"

"JINX, JINX AGAIN!" They say at the same time.

"Pinch, poke, you owe me a coke!!"

"Of course, Changjo would want a coke. What are you going to do this time? Eat it with rice? Or fail at chugging it down?"

Oh, how much these boys tease each other. It's almost amazing they haven't killed each other in their sleep yet.


[IN ~~~~~~~~'S HOSPITAL ROOM]

Byunghun walks in and wants to break down and cry. But he stays strong. He knows that she can't see, but he also knows that she wouldn't want him to cry. She was always selfless like that. She didn't want to make people cry. She would always help people. She wouldn't care if anyone bullied her, and just took it. She just assumed it meant they came from a bad background and if she was a way they could let off steam, she would allow it. And he hated that she was like this.

But then again,

He loved it. Because it made her her. It made her the girl he fell in love with.

He sat down next to her and stared at her. Any other situation, he would've looked like a creepy stalker, but not this one. She looked so fragile. He was scared that if he touched her, she would break. Like a porcelain doll. He definitely did not want to be the one to put cracks in her perfect skin.

So, he sat there quietly. Taking in the scene. She looked like she was in so much pain. He wished that he could switch places with her right now, but then he thinks about it.

What's worse?

The physical pain she's going through right now?

Or the emotion termoil I am in right now?

He honestly didn't know the answer. So, he figured things happened because they happened. ANd he just hoped that the pain he was feeling was greater than what she was going through. He wished that his pain could ease away her pain. The last thing he wants is her getting hurt. Again.

And the worst part is, he has no idea how he can make their pain go away. And it's killing him.


TA-DAH!! Hope you liked it~!

I'm finally on spring break (yayayayay no school)

Who do you guys think is in more pain? Comment below hehe....

By the way TEEN TOP NEVER STOP IN GUAM, GUYS~!! The feels, oh my.

L.Joe can you not.. STOP BEING SO CUTE AND PERFECT AND AMAZING AND *SOBBING* EVERYTHING.

He's my little (literally XD) life ruiner.

Commetn and Subscribe

Thank you for reading!