Why?

You... You... What?

Chanhee's POV:

"The dinner is at 6:30 P.M. I will be picking her up at 6. I expect you to inform ~~~~~~~~."

"Ne, Appa. What is this for again? Why am I not going?"

"It doesn't concern you, Chanhee-ah. Don't ask questions. Just make sure she is ready."

"Ne, Appa. Bye~."

"Bye, Chanhee. Don't forget to tell ~~~~~~~-ah. Oh- and make sure she dresses pretty."

"Ne. Bye, Appa."

I hung up the phone. I really wonder what this whole dinner thing is.

"~~~~~~~-ah!!!!"

"Wae, oppa?"

"Dad's picking you up at 6 tonight! He told me to make sure you dress pretty!"

"Arasseo!"

I really hoped it wasn't anything crazy. I would kill my dad if he does anything to my dongsaeng. I need to protect her.

Your POV:

It was already 5 o'clock, so I started getting ready. I wore a dress and put on light makeup. I even put on some of oppa's bb cream. Might as well look special on this rare occasion that I see my dad. When I finished getting ready, I went to pack my bag. Lip balm, wallet, and my phone was all I needed. It was only 5:30, so I sat on the couch and watched whatever was on.

DING. DONG.

I looked at the clock and it was already 6. Oh, how time flies when watching television. I got up and went to open the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo, appa."

"Annyeonghaseyo, ~~~~~~~~-ah. You look very pretty."

"Kamsahamnida, appa."

"Ready to go?"

"Ne. OPPA, I'M LEAVING NOW."

"OKAY, HAVE FUN!" I heard him yell from upstairs. He was probably playing those online games with Teen Top. He's such a child.

I entered the car and we drove off. We arrived at a fancy restaurant. It looked really expensive. We walked out and entered. I saw someone waving us over, so I just followed my dad to the table.

"Annyeonghaseyo! You must be Mr. Choi. This is my daughter, ~~~~~~~~."

"Ne, you must be Mr. Lee. This is my son, Junhong."

"M-Mwoh? J-Junh-hong?"

"~~~~~~~-ah?!"

"Oh, so you two know each other? Well, sit."

Before I could sit down, Junhong came to me and bent down to whisper in my ear.

"~~~~~~~-ah, please, run away. Get away now."

"Wae?"

"My dad told me this is for an arranged marriage. Hurry and get out of here before they agree on something."

My eyes widened and so, i followed his advice. I started running.

Dammit! Why'd I have to wear heels??

"~~~~~~-ah?!" I heard my dad yell. I looked behind me and I saw him chasing after me. I ran faster and faster. I could feel my eyes watering. I wondered how my own father could do this to me. I had thought we had an unspoken agreement that there would be no arranged marriages. I looked back and he was close to me.

URGHHHH!! Why do I have to be slow?

He grabbed my wrist and yanked me back. I almost fell, but caught myself in time. His grip on my wrist was really tight and it began to hurt, so I stopped struggling.

"What. Do. You. Want. Huh? Money? I'll get a job, okay?"

"Oh, no. No, he offered me something better. If you two get married, I'll have co-ownership of his company. That's what he offered me. Not some damn money offer."

"Who are you? Who's the father I know?"

"He left when your mother left him!"

"Eo....Eomma? Eomma left y-you?"

"Why are you so surprised? I'm a failure. I started drowning my sorrows in expensive alcohol. Do you know how much I regret it?"

"Well then shouldn't you be making it up by being good to the rest of your family?"

"Don't you understand, ~~~~~~~-ah? You're smart. I'm selfish. I'm a selfish human being. It adds on, becase humans are already selfish beasts."

"Well be selfish to someone else. I thought you were my dad. But you aren't. I don't know who you are because you are definitely NOT my dad. The one I called on nights when I watched a scary movie. The daddy that used to tuck me in at night."

"Well, he's gone. Gone forever."

"Then LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!" He was taken aback by my screaming and loosened his grip. I ran, not noticing where I was running. Suddenly I saw big, bright lights cloud my vision.

"~~~~~~~~-AH!!!!!" I heard my dad shout before everything went black.

Author's POV:

Junhong had run to make sure ~~~~~~~ was safe. When he watched her with her father, he really wanted to punch Mr. Lee in the face. But no. He inhaled, exhaled, inhaled, exhaled, and held back the urge. He turns one second and hears a thud behind him. His eyes widen at the site. He sees her father running to her, but as the events he just saw happen, he ran to get to her first.

"~~~~~-"

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Junhong screamed at Mr. Lee. He took out his phone and dialed 119 (911).

"Hello, someone has been hit by a car. Yes. Yes. Near XXXX restaurant. Thank you. Yes, I'll stay on the line."

He had to do things, such as check her pulse. The driver had stopped the truck and came out. He didn't mean to do it. He hadn't seen her. He really hadn't.

Junhong realized he should call Chanhee. He asked the emergency if he needed to stay on the line, and they said he could hang up. Junhong quickly fiddled with his phone and dialed Chanhee's number.

"CHANHEE HYUNG.... ~~~~~~~~... CAR... ACCIDENT.... COME TO HOSPITAL.... I... WILL RIDE WITH HER TO HOSPITAL... DON'T.. WORRY.." He sounded really nervous because he didn't know what Chanhee would do to him. Considering he was the one calling, he thought Chanhee might think that HE was the cause of the accident.

The ambulance arrived and they put her on a stretcher. Junhong rode with her in the ambulance. They started hooking up tubes and putting a mask on ~~~~~~~~ and Junhong went into panic mode.

"Sir, I need you to calm down. She'll be alright. Don't worry, she will live."

Junhong couldn't calm down. Not on the inside at least. He breathed and breathed so that he looked calm on the inside, but his mind was a mess. It felt like all his internal organs didn't know their places. It felt like his whole body was just weeping and weeping. Panicking in fear of what may happen to ~~~~~~~~. Sure, he had done some pretty bad stuff to her, but he still cares about her. That will never change.

They arrived at the hospital and they took ~~~~~~~ into the operating room.

Junhong found Chanhee in the hospital waiting room.

"CHOI JUN HONG WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"Nothing, really, nothing."

"I thought you were going to stay away from my sister?"

"It.... It was your father. His father and my father wanted us to go into an arranged marriage, okay?"

"Well, why didn't you stop it?"

"I tried, I really did. My father just said arranged marriage. I honestly did not know it was with ~~~~~~~~. When I saw her there, I told her what it was and told her to run away. Her father caught her and I saw them fighting. Then I look away for a second, and when I turn back, I see ~~~~~~ laying unconcious on the floor."

"URGHHH!! I knew I shouldn't have let her go. I knew it. He must've taken out his anger on her. No wonder eomma left him."

"Wait, what?"

"It's none of your business."

Silence. They were waiting the results. Chanhee had tried to ask Junhong what was wrong with her, but Junhong knew as much as he had told Chanhee. The medics had told him nothing. Soon enough, 5 boys ran into the waiting room.

"WHERE IS SHE, LEE CHANHEE?"

"L.Joe-ah. Please, calm down. She's in the operating room right now."

"The.... The operating room?"

Byunghun stayed, frozen. Chanhee walked up and hugged him.

"L.Joe-ah. It will be okay, hmm?"

L.Joe returned the hug. Tears were streaming down both boys' faces. Staining their cheeks this streams of hot tears.

Jonghyun had gone to sit in the corner. Silent tears ran down his face. He had failed to be her bodyguard. He had failed to protect her. And it was slowly breaking him down.

Why? Why her? Why couldn't this happen to me instead? Why? Her? I failed. Please... Live... Please....

All of Teen Top were pretty beaten up about this, but Byunghun, Chanhee, and Jonghyun were the most torn up.

The big doors swung open up and the doctor came out. Jonghyun stared at him with hopeful eyes from his seat. Byunghun and Chanhee rushed to the doctor.

"How is she?"

"Is she gonna be alright?"

They said it at the same time.

The doctor exhaled and opened his mouth to speak.


Drama, Drama, Drama.... THAT'S RIGHT~!! Instead of using the super predictable arranged marriage as the obstacle,

SHE GETS HIT BY A TRUCK~

Hope you enjoy!! Can't believe this fic has 166 subscribers!! Love you all~!

But don't be silent, huh?

Speak up.

I need feedback to improve, right?

Comment and Subscribe

Thank you for reading!!!