Permission

Mommy's Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ-7BwdBdGM

 

Once you arrived home, your mother grabbed you from your arm and dragged 

you in the living room. "Umma you're hurting me." you winced in pain. She didn't listen to you.

You found your father worriedly walking in circles waiting for something. You. 

 

As he heard your voice he turned and his eyes rounded at the scene of you and his wife. 

"Yeobo no!" he released your mom's hand from your arm that turned a light red. 

You rubbed the sore spot with a confused look. *What is happening?* 

"Are you okay?" your father asked you. You nodded not looking at him. 

 

"Honey you shouldn't have hurt her." your father whispered at your mom's ear. 

She looked away guilty. "Jieun why did you leave without permission and why didn't you

rode in the car with driver?" your father tried to take everything calmly. 

 

"I-I told Umma that I'm leaving. I didn't rode the car since the school is near and I can walk it."

you explained. *What's the whole fuss all about?* you thought still wondering about things. 

"You shouldn't have done that." your mother coldly spoke. You were frightened at the tone of her

voice. So cold and angry not like her sweet and lovely voice. 

 

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to try to walk by myself and experience new things." you rubbed your

neck. "Experience new things?!" your mom shouted at you. You flinched. "There are a lot of 

dangerous things out there. What if something happened to you when we where not there?!" 

she continued. You finally understand why they were doing this. They just cared about you. 

 

You sighed feeling disappointed about your attitude. They just loved you so much. 

They just wanted to protect their daughter from any bad. 

 

"I'm sorry." you lowered your head. Your mother sighed. "Tell her sorry too." 

your father mouthed to your mom. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and spoke.

"I'm sorry Jieun. It's just we care about you." she went closer you. You bit your lip. 

You just saw a different side of your mom and felt anxious. 

 

Your mom glanced at the red spot on your arm from her grip. "I'm sorry Jieun." she hugged you.

You sighed and hugged her back. "It's alright umma. I know you did it because you were worried

about me." you pressed your lips in a thin line. "Thanks for being so understanding." she smiled.

Your mom's usual sweet and caring voice came back. 

 

"Go rest." she kissed your forehead. You nodded and headed to your room. 

"I love you." your mom said. You looked at her as you climbed the stairs. 

That kind of 'I love you'. The motherly feel like 'I love you' "I love you too umma and appa."

you smiled and enterned your room. 

 

Mrs Lee sighed as she collapsed at the chair. "That was so hard." she whispered. 

"Honey you shouldn't have over reacted." your father shook his head. "What I did was correct!" 

your mother defended. "What if it happens to her too?" she continued as she messed up her hair.

"Let's just keep our eyes on her." he suggested. "Arasso." his wife nodded depressed. 

 

 

After doing your homeworks and study well for the next day. You took out your phone.

 

"Sumin-ah I'm sorry for leaving. I just had an urgent matter with my family." 

you texted your bestfriend as you laid down your sat on your desk. Some minutes passed

and your phone beeped. You glanced at your phone. "Call me." - Sumin <3

 

You started dialing her number and decided to lay down your bed. "Hello?" you called. 

"Jieun? You okay?" Sumin from the other line asked. "Honestly no." you played with your

hair. "Umma acted so strange today." "Why what happened?" Sumin asked concerned. 

 

"She grabbed me tightly from my arm and shouted at me because I left school without

permission and not riding the car." you glanced at your sore arm. Sumin nodded. 

"You know there is situations were most parents are overprotective to their child. You're one of them."

Sumin said. "Am I?" you stared at the ceiling. "Well to tell you the truth you are." Sumin admitted. 

 

"Since your the daughter of the largest company in Korea, people know you're rich. They're over

protective to you because something bad may happen to you." Sumin continued. 

"Yeah I thought of that too." you sighed. "Hey speaking about largest company. Are you 

okay from the incident earlier?" Sumin reminded. 

 

You remembered Zico and his friends and how L saved you. Without knowing your lips curled. 

"Yes I remember." you nodded as a smile formed into your face. You slapped your face at realization.

*Why are you smiling like an idiot Jieun?* you shook your head. 

 

"Hey Jieun you're still there?" Sumin called out. "Oh? Yeah. What was your question?" you snapped

out of your thoughts. "I asked how you find the boy that saved you?" Sumin giggled. *L?* his face

enter your thought again. You shook your head immediately. "Why?" you pinched your eyebrows.

 

"Uhm..nothing just asking." Sumin shrugged. "Well...he's ok." you were biting your lips in order

to not smile. "Only that?" Sumin raised her eyebrow. "Uhm." you nodded. 

 

After a few more conversations with Sumin, the call ended after an hour like always. 

You sighed. *How do you find the boy that saved you?* you remembered Sumin words.

You shook your head as you remembered L's face.

*Why is that guy's face appearing in my mind?!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------