63;

Playing the player

AUTHOR POV

 

D.O was in the dressing room and had just talked to Himchan in his office. Apparently he would be jobless soon since the café would close for a while. Himchan didn’t say why and he didn’t know himself when it would open again. D.O was slightly confused at the moment but he sighed and stood up ready to get to work in the kitchen.

    Youngjae and D.O were cooking as usual when Heesung walked in wearing her work outfit. “Ah, Heesung!” D.O smiled at her when she walked towards them.

    “Hey, how’s it going?” She asked and smiled back. Youngjae greeted her as well from behind D.O.

    “The usual. Trying to enjoy this as much as I can until the café closes.” D.O sighed and flipped the meat in the frying pan in front of him. Heesung and Youngjae exchanged quick glances behind D.O’s back before the boy faced her again.

    “We might be thinking of changing a few things in here.” Heesung said and D.O raised his eyebrows. “Don’t worry. I’ll promise you’ll have your job back once everything’s done.” She assured him. D.O smiled widely after hearing that.

    “Promise?” He asked.

    “Promise.” Heesung nodded before leaving them and heading to the café.

    Yongguk was standing behind the bar as usual when Heesung arrived. “Hello there.” Yongguk smiled at her. “Hi.” Heesung smiled back.

    “Heesung!” Kevin came walking towards her and wrapped his long arms around her. “I haven’t seen you in a while!” He whined and Heesung just laughed while hugging him back.

    “I’ve been busy, I’m sorry.” Heesung patted the boy’s shoulder when he let her go.

    “How have you been?”

    “All right. Just been tired the past few days that’s all.”

    “Oh, is it because of the café?” Heesung knew that he was talking about the café closing for a while and nodded. “Yes, so much work to do just because of it.”

    Kevin nodded with wide eyes. “Must be tough…” He turned around and noticed that no one was standing by door. “I have to get back to work. Talk to you later!” He waved before he turned and made his way to the door right when a few people entered.

    “We still have a lot to do.” Yongguk spoke up while wiping a tall glass in his hands.

    Heesung sighed. “I know.”

    “By the way, he’s here.”

    Heesung raised and eyebrow at Yongguk and scanned the room when her eyes spotted the brunette sitting close to the window with an empty plate in front of him. “He’s been waiting.” Yongguk’s tone was teasing and Heesung just rolled her eyes. After that incident that happened in the house with Zelo and Tao as eyewitnesses the word spread. Eventually Heesung had to explain to everyone what happened and what was currently going on between her and Baekhyun. After a while she also told them her feelings for him, which made Chen really happy that he cheered. It seemed like everyone made a bet about her and Baekhyun if they’d end up together or not. Chen won the bet and a very grouchy Xiumin sulked saying that he thought otherwise. Thankfully Himchan wasn’t home yet that evening since Heesung wanted to tell him everything by herself. Her brother was shocked at first wondering why Baekhyun but after a while he gave in and accepted everything.

    “Hi.” Heesung greeted Baekhyun who jumped in his seat in surprise.

    “H-Hey!” He stood up and smiled a shy smile.

    “I heard that you were waiting for me.” She tilted her head and looked at him.

    “Ah…” Baekhyun instantly blushed and cleared his throat. Come on Baekhyun, how hard can it be? Just ask her! “I was wondering if…” He managed to say without stuttering.

    “If…?” Heesung raised her eyebrows and blinked.

    “I-If…” Baekhyun began trembling. He didn’t know asking a girl out could be so hard! He’s kissed Heesung before and he’s slept in the same bed as her before. He’s even confessed to her numerous times, so why can’t he ask her out on a date?!

    “I-If…” Baekhyun knew that he’d begin sweating any moment now. Heesung was still looking at him, waiting for him to continue. Her gray eyes made him even more nervous.

    “I-If you were free s-someday…” Baekhyun gulped and tried his best to finish his sentence. “… A-And if you wanted to go o-on a d-date…” He awkwardly coughed and looked away for a second. “With me…” He finished his sentence quietly and managed to look at her again. Heesungs eyes went wide for a moment before they softened and a giggle escaped her lips. “I’d love to Baekhyun. Any day is fine with me.” She answered. Baekhyuns mouth fell in surprise at Heesungs answer. “R-Really?”

    “Of course. Why wouldn’t I go?” Heesung leaned forward and gave Baekhyun a peck on his right cheek. His face heated up in no time making Heesung shake her head at his visible blush. “I’ll be waiting for a call from you.” And with that she turned around and left the boy who fell back in his seat with his hands in his hair.

    Yongguk was standing behind the bar with a very smug grin on his face when Heesung approached him. “What?” Heesung asked and raised an eyebrow. Yongguk’s grin grew wider if that was possible and wiggled his eyebrows at her. “What?” She asked once more getting annoyed by that grin of his. “Nothing~” He answered and turned around to place a glass on the shelf behind him only to whip his head around and flash his grin at her even more.

    “Ugh!” Heesung groaned and rolled her eyes before she stomped away towards the entrance to stand beside Kevin and wait for customers.

    “Another pastry?” Jongup asked when he walked up to Baekhyun’s table. The boy still had his hands in his hair as he was leaning forward in his seat. “Yes please.” He mumbled his answer without looking up. Jongup slightly leaned down and noticed that Baekhyuns ears were visibly red. Snickering Jongup walked away leaving Baekhyun in his own happy little world.

__________________

A/N Hello everyone! I apologize for such a short chapter but this was basically all i could update for now ;_; I hope you all don't mind. This was supposed to be longer but I got some troubles along the way. Anyways, i hope you all like this chapter even though it was really short.

Please comment and subscribe every little word means a lot to me!