Coincidence?

Playing the player

 

Chanyeol was sitting in his usual seat during geography class and eyed the girl. I wonder if she’s going to be easy.. He thought. She was sitting in the back as always reading the paper the teacher handed out a few minutes ago. Her long bangs were covering her face as she read making it hard for him to take a good look at her.

 

School ended and Chanyeol stood up packing his books to leave. He looked up and saw the girl quickly exiting the classroom, as if she was in a hurry. Where is she going?

 

He saw that his friends were waiting for him by his lockers so he quickened his pace.

 

~

 

You hurried out of school and sighed deeply once you past the school gates. Gripping onto your backpack you turned left and headed for the bus station. You stood by the bus stop waiting for your bus to arrive. The bus arrived ten minutes later and you quickly hopped on taking a seat all the way back before it got filled with students you leaned your head on the window and sighed. In the corner of your eye you saw a familiar figure walking towards the bus you were sitting on through the window. You raised an eyebrow surprised. He’s taking the bus? You watched as he bleeped his card and awkwardly looked around to find any empty seats. The bus was quite full and there was an empty seat next to a few girls in the front who were discreetly looking at him hoping that he would sit with them. And of course there’s a seat next to you. Who would want to sit next you? A nerd.

 

Rolling your eyes you faced the window again and knew that he was going to take a seat next to those girls. You couldn’t help but grimace when you saw how they batted there mascara coated lashes at him. Ignoring everyone on the bus’s presence you drifted off to your own world only to be interrupted by an awkward cough. You blinked and looked up and your eyes slightly widened.

 

The boy was scratching the back of his neck as he looked down at you with a shy looking expression. You raised an eyebrow in surprise before glancing at the girls sitting in the front glaring hatefully at you. Ah, yes of course.. Sighing inwardly you looked up at him again with a blank expression.

 

“Um..” He had stopped scratching the back of his neck. You raised your eyebrows indicating that you were waiting for him to continue. “C-Can I sit here?” He asked almost inaudible but you heard. Weird.. Why does he want to sit here instead of with those girls. Then something crossed your mind. Ah.. Must be that bet thing again.

 

You looked at him and made a gesture with your hand towards the seat signaling that you didn’t mind. He gave you a small awkward smile and bowed his slightly bowed his head before occupying the seat beside you placing his green mcm backpack on his lap.

 

Decided to ignore and pretend that he wasn’t there you faced the window again purposely letting your long bangs cover the left side of your face. They probably told him to do this or something.

 

~

 

The six boys walked towards the school gate and Chanyeol let out a yawn.

 

“So what are we doing today?” he asked and stuffed his huge hands back in his pockets.

 

Kai shrugged beside him.

 

Chanyeol nodded and turned to the short brunette beside him and slung his long arm over the boys shoulder. “And you Baekhyun?”

 

The brunette slowly shook his head. “Mianhae. I need to study.“ He sighed.

 

Chanyeol nodded and retrieved his arm back. “How about we all go to my place and chill?” He suggested earning nods from the rest of the boys.

 

“Ah, I got to go. My bus arrives soon!” Baekhyun gasped as he looked at his silver watch.

 

“You take the bus?” Kai raised an eyebrow surprised. “Since when?”

 

The brunette grinned. “I’ve always wanted to go to this café and my mom told me how to get there by bus!” He admitted proudly.

 

The owl looking boy slightly tilted his head to the side and blinked. “I thought you were going to study?”

 

The brunette nodded. “I am. But I’m going to study there! My mom came home with this delicious pastry from that café the other day and I asked here where she got it from.” He glanced at his watch and gasped. “Mianhae I got to go!”

 

The brunette started to jog away down the sidewalk heading towards the bus stop leaving his friends by the gate.

 

Chanyeol turned to his friends. “So my place?”

 

~

 

The brunette slowed down to a walking pace when he arrived at the bus. He bleeped his card for the first time since his mom bought it for him a few days ago. It was his first time riding the bus and he awkwardly looked around to look for an empty seat.

 

The bus was mostly full and he only spotted two empty seats. One was here in the front beside a bunch of girls from his school who looked at him, almost pleading with their eyes for him to take the seat beside them. He cringed inside. Ugh, creepy.. They batted their spider leg looking eyelashes at him trying to make a cute expression but failed miserably.

 

He frowned in his mind. Honestly he hated all the attention he and his friends got. He couldn’t even study properly in the library because girls would be creeping behind the shelves. Looking up at the other empty seat he saw a familiar girl sitting next to it her gaze staring out of the window. Wait. Isn’t that the girl Kai is supposed to.. His thought got interrupted by one of those girls high pitched voices.

 

“Baekhyun-oppa, you can sit with us!” She offered and gestured to the empty seat next to her. Her two other friends who sat behind her nodded in agreement. Once again he cringed inside. She sounds like a chipmunk.. He just flashed them his famous smile and started walking forward through the bus’s aisle. The girls squealed thinking that he accepted their offer but slightly gasped as soon as he walked past them heading towards the back.

 

He glanced quickly at the girl before gulping. He suddenly felt nervous all of a sudden. Something about her was intimidating. He continued walking towards her before he stopped beside the empty seat and scratched the back of his head and gave out a fake cough to catch her attention. She blinked once and lifted her head and looked at him. The brunette barely met her eyes as the light was reflected on your glasses making it hard for him to see them properly. He thought that she didn’t want to speak to him because she quickly looked away at first before facing her attention to him again. Baekhyun slowly lowered his hand from his neck.

 

“Um..” He started. She raised her eyebrows. “C-Can I sit here?” He barely heard himself speak. He didn’t know why he stuttered all of a sudden. The girl made a gesture towards the empty seat in front of him and he gave an awkward smile and bowed. Placing his green mcm backpack in his lap as he sat down he noticed that the girl was staring out through the window again.

 

 Baekhyun was glad the girls who were sitting in the front had left the bus on the first stop they made. He felt their eyes eyeing his every move as he sat there. He glanced at the girl and saw that she hasn’t even moved an inch since he sat down. She really is quiet like Kyungsoo said.. But was surprised him was that she didn’t show any emotion at all when he talked to her. Not like every other girl who almost got a heart attack by just receiving a simple ‘hello’ from him or his friends in school. Sometimes when he met eyes with one of the other ‘nerds’ they would immediately blush and turn away. He felt weird in a way next to her. He didn’t really know what it was if it was because she was quiet or because she didn’t really care. He still felt that she was intimidating in a weird way. The way she hasn’t said anything or even taken her eyes away from the window. But he felt calm next to her.

 

The bus had stopped at his destination and he stood up only to be surprised that this girl also stood up.

 

~

 

He’s so discreet.. You thought as you saw him steal a glance at you for like the tenth time with the help of the windows reflection. You thought that he was probably regretting that he took a seat beside you. Hmph, his fault. Staring out through the window the whole ride you finally reached your stop. You were about to ask him politely to move but noticed that he also stood up. He raised his eyebrows and hurried out of the bus with you carefully stepping out and stood next to him. What kind of business does he have here? I’ve never seen him around here before.

 

You turned to your right and saw that he was looking at you with and awkward smile again.

 

“Well.. What a c-coincidence!” He gave out a nervous chuckle. Did they ask him to stalk me or something? He’s so awkward. Giving him a light nod with your head you turned your heels and began walking away but stopped when you heard him call for you.

 

“Wait!”

 

You slowly turned around gripping the straps of your backpack as you met his eyes through your fake glasses lens. You saw him opening and closing his mouth trying to say something but you thought that he ended up looking like a fish. He suddenly found his tongue again as he gulped.

 

“C-Can you help me?” He asked in a quite shaky voice. You tilted your head in confusion.

 

Seeing you standing there waiting for him to continue he quickly fished something out of his pocket. It was a small piece of paper that was neatly folded. Raising an eyebrow you eyed him as he unfolded the piece of paper and he held it towards you.

 

“Do you know where this café is?” He asked as you slowly took the piece of paper from him.

 

You read the address that was written in a very feminine handwriting and your eyebrows furrowed. You looked up again and saw him biting his lower lip.

 

“M-My mom came home one day with this delicious pastry that I wanted to eat again and she told me about this café she went to and I wanted to go there myself to get some more so she told me how to get here by bus and wrote down the address but I forgot to ask how to get there!” He spoke everything so fast without any pause but you caught every single word he said because of your good hearing range.

 

 He awkwardly took a deep breath and coughed a few times before he looked at you again. You raised an surprised eyebrow and looked at him. He coughed and muttered an apology. A tint of pink slowly crept on his cheeks as he looked away embarrassed. You giggled inside. Honestly you thought that he looked cute when he started speaking fast but your face showed no emotion.

 

That was reeaallyyy awkward.. You looked at him as he was still looking away with his hands in his pockets with ears slightly red. But cute.

 

“Yeah.” You simply answered and handed him the note back and he looked up and a small smile formed on his lips.

 

“Really?” His cheeks wasn’t tinted pink anymore but his ears were still a bit red. “Uhm, can you show me how to get there?” He asked and scratched the back of his neck.

 

“Sure. I’m actually heading there right now.” You answered, no emotion whatsoever in your voice as you turned around and started walking.

 

The boy quickly caught up to you as he awkwardly followed behind. After a while he had the courage to quicken his pace until he was walking beside you. You saw him in the corner of his eyes yes but you ignored it. Probably he thought that he was going to get lost or something.

 

You heard him let out a low chuckle so you slowly turned your head towards him as he gave you a small smile.

 

“Coincidence much?”