28

Playing the player

The teacher left the classroom to get some paper from the teachers’ office and after he left, Baekhyun slowly got out of his seat and slowly approached the girl that saw those girls gang up on Heesung.

“Where did they gang up on Heesung?” He whispered in her ear leaning forward with his hand on her chairs backrest.

She jumped in surprise when she noticed that he was really close to her face. Her friend looked up and blinked wide eyed at Baekhyun who kept his eyes on the girl in front of him.

“W-What?” She stammered in a whisper, her face now red as a tomato.

“Where did Hayoung and her friends gang up on Heesung?” Baekhyuns voice turned serious making the girl gulp.

“The girls bathroom…”She pointed towards the back of the classroom. “That way and down the ha-“

She couldn’t even finish her sentence because the teacher suddenly walked in and spotted Baekhyun out from his seat.

“Byun Baekhyun!” The teacher hollered making the boy hurry back to his seat. But instead of sitting back down he quickly grabbed his books and made his way towards the door in a hurry.

“Sorry, teach! I have to go!” He ran out of the classroom leaving his teacher and the rest of his class in surprise.

He ran down the hall trying to find the girls bathroom. He looked left and right when he came to an intersection. Baekhyun ruffled his hair while sighing hard. Where the hell are you? A loud bang and a scream was heard, as if a door broke down and he whipped his head to where the sound was heard, the right. He quickened his speed when he ran down that hall trying to follow where the sound came from. He froze in his steps when he heard another scream followed by a loud thump.

His eyes widened when he saw a door open to his left and he saw you walk out while fixing your sweater.

 

 

Hayoung tried pushing you away from her but you wouldn’t budge and you weren’t even trying hard to keep her away from you. You couldn’t stop thinking about how weak this girl actually was.

“Is this all you got?” You mocked her and smirked right in her face. She frowned even more looking like she was about to growl or something. You quickly lifted your leg and kicked her in the stomach sending her flying back into the arms of her two friends with a shriek.

The one with short hair looked up and made her way towards you. “How dare you?”

“Oh, girl.” You adjusted your glasses in a snobby way just to mock them more. “I dare more than that.” She launched herself towards you but you quickly moved away and grabbed her arm swinging her around making her collide with the door making a loud bang. She shrieked then whimpered when she slid down the door. You looked at the door and saw that there was a small crack in the middle where she had collided.

You slowly turned back and Hayoungs last friend that sat on the floor beside her. She looked at you wide eyed and backed up towards the corner of the room when you stepped closer. You could see that she was shaking and that her eyes were wide with fear.

Hayoung slowly got up but she would’ve fallen over again if she didn’t grab the sink counter.

“You…” She panted and lifted manicured finger towards you. “You’re going to pay.”

“Pay for what?” You scoffed. “Your injuries?”

She tried launching a punch towards you but you grabbed her wrist before it hit your face. “Weak.” You mumbled and she frowned trying to hit you with her other hand which you caught with your other hand as well.

Her eyes widened as she let out a scream when you squeezed your hands tightly around her wrists making her drop on her knees in front of you. You let one of her wrists go so you could punch her hard in the face making her fall back with a cry. Before she could get up again you quickly leaned down and pinched her on the side of her neck making her unconscious. A move you learned from your brother when you were very young, pinching a nerve to make them unconsious.

You turned and looked at her friend with short hair that was leaning her back on wall beside the door. She looked up at you with wide eyes and tried back up towards the wall even more when you walked closer to her. You reached a hand out and she flinched when you pinched her on the same place where you pinched Hayoung making her body limp and unconscious.

Turning around you looked at Hayoungs last friend that was still cowering in the corner. You pointed a finger towards her and she flinched back even if it was impossible for you to touch her from where you were standing.

“You tell your friend.” You waved your finger towards Hayoungs unconscious body on the middle of the bathroom floor. “That if she ever tries to hurt me next time.” Your voice turned low and threatening. “She won’t end up unconscious.”

Her friend quickly nodded. “Y-Yes! O-Ok!” She stammered and you smirked while you adjusted your glasses on your face.

You turned to the mirror and sighed when you tried fixing your bun into a decent one instead trying not to let your long hair down. When you were finished you gave one last look at the two unconscious bodies on the floor and the frightened one in the corner.

“Oh, and.” You had one hand on the door but turned around. “If anyone asks what happend. I didn’t do anything.” You smiled a wicked smile before you faced forward and pushed the door open.

Slowly opening the bathroom door you walked out of there while fixing your beige sweater.

 

 

 

“Heesung!”

You whipped your head towards your right and saw Baehyun panting while holding onto his books. But he quickly dropped them and ran forward gripping your shoulders tightly.

“Are you alright?” He started eyeing your torso. “I heard that Hayoung and her friend ganged up on you from a girl in class!”

You tried to calm him down but he wouldn’t stop asking if you were all right or not. “Did they hurt you? What did they want? What did they do?”

You caught his hands in yours making him shut up for a moment. “Baekhyun, I’m fine.” You answered him in a calm tone and he sighed out a long sigh in relief.

“I was so worried.” He mumbled and looked down while rubbing his temples. “What happened?” He asked, calmly this time.

“Nothing, really.” You shrugged. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“What? But I heard something!” He looked back down the corridor where he came from. “It sounded like a door breaking!” He then turned to the door where you came out from and he swore he could’ve heard someone whimpering in there.

“Is there someone in there?” He asked and pointed at the door.

“You better get a teacher.” You said and Baekhyun noticed something was off with your voice.

“Why?” He asked confused and slowly made his way towards the bathroom door.

Taking one last look at you standing there with crossed arms he slowly pushed the door open and peeked in.

“Wha-“ He let a loud gasp escape his mouth and spun around with wide eyes only to find that you were gone.

 

 

 

Baekhyun stood outside the bathroom door when his friends arrived. Teachers and students stood outside and waited for the two that were still unconscious to be pulled out by the ambulance people.

The last one had passed out from crying too much and was taken as well to the hospital.

“Dude, what happened?” Chanyeol asked as he stared wide-eyed at the scenery in front of him.

Baekhyn shrugged. “I- I don’t know.” He really didn’t and he wondered where you disappeared too. “I heard a loud bang and found them like that.” He said the same thing too the teachers and everyone was wondering who did this to them.

 

 

You were standing behind a corner and eyed everything while hiding. You had your bag and everything and were ready to get out of here but you couldn’t risk being seen by everyone, especially by Baekhyun and the guys.

You waited until everyone had left that corridor when you slowly made your way towards the other end of it. Keeping your head low you started jogging towards the staircase.

“Heesung!” You heard someone yell and you stopped too turn around. Oh, !

Baekhyun started making his way towards you. You didn’t want to talk to him right now or even see him so you started making your way towards the staircase again.

“Hey! Wait!” He yelled.

You quickened your pace and hurried down the stairs, it was a bit hard since you were on the third floor.

Hearing Baekhyuns steps right behind you still trying to tell you to stop you burst out in a sprint while gripping your bag when you came to the first floor.

Baekhyun was now panting hard when he started running after you passed the schools entrance. Damn, she’s fast!

You ran across the empty schoolyard and you heard Baekhyun coming closer. ! Turning right you saw the buss waiting but you didn’t have time to get on it since he might be able to catch up.

Running past the buss you glanced back and saw Baekhyun slowing down until he stopped by the buss stop and leaned on the pole. You now stopped as well, barely panting and looked at him, him looking at you.

“Where are you going?” He yelled and ran a hand through his hair.

“I’m sorry!” You just yelled back before you turned and started running again.

 

 

Baekhyun tried comprehending what had happened when you ran away form him. Why were you running? Were you running from something? In that case what? Him? What happened in that bathroom? Questions floated around inside Baekhyuns head and he wanted answers but he didn’t know if you’d give them to him, probably not.

 

 

Baekhyun was sitting in front of his TV with aching feet as he flipped through the channels. Sighing he turned it off because nothing interesting was on so he leaned his head back and stared at his white ceiling.

She couldn’t have hurt them, right? He thought. “…Right?”

 

 

 

 

The next day Baekhyun walked into the classroom but you weren’t in your seat, which made him wonder. A few students were already in their seats when he took his seat. The girls that he heard mention Heesung in the bathroom was sitting with her friend as usual.

“So what do you think happened?” Her friend asked. Baekhyun eavesdropped on their conversation knowing that they were talking about yesterday’s event.

“I have no idea. Heesung was no where to be seen.”

“You don’t think that she did it right?” Her friend made a grimace.

“Her? No way.”

“I know right!”

Baekhyun thought about that for a moment. Is Heesung capable of doing what happened to those girls in the bathroom? He didn’t know. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to know what Heesung is really capable of doing.

 

You didn’t come to school that day. You didn’t come too school the whole week, and even Kai wondered where you were. Suho and the guys were also wondering what had happened in that bathroom. Baekhyun spent time with D.O during classes instead and with Chanyeol as well.

Hayoung and her friends came back during the end of the week, Friday, and everyone had questions making them the center of the attention in school. Hayoung had a broken rib and both her wrists were sprained. She had black and blue marks around her wrists, as if something heavy fell on them. She had a bruise on her cheek as well.

Her friend with short hair had almost dislocated her shoulder but broke her wrist. The other one was still a bit traumatized of what happened in there.

 

 

Baekhyun walked into class only to find Hayoung and her friends standing frozen around their seats. The other students that had walked in with them or were there before them were also wondering what was going on. Baekhyun just saw them walk in right before him.

Baekhyun made his way towards Hayoung and passed her that’s when he saw you sitting in your seat facing the window as always. You had your hair tied up in a neat bun today rather than your messy one.

Baekhyun wanted to run towards you but he noticed something was off as well. Hayoung and her two friends were standing and staring at you with wide eyes and clenched jaws. No one was saying anything and no one dared too.

“How are your wrists?” You finally spoke up and slowly turned your head towards the three. Hayoung flinched back and held her bandaged arms against her chest. It was a surprise to everyone that you were speaking for once. Especially to her.

“G-Good.” She mumbled and tried to quickly take her seat so that she could face her back against you.

The three knew that you were smirking behind you intertwined fingers that covered your mouth. And they knew that you were eyeing them with your eyes behind your glasses, they could feel it. Baekhyun could even feel the air drop in the room.

The girl you didn’t touch gasped when she was about to pull her chair out. She turned her head towards you and it was as if she could see your dark eyes behind those lenses. You were eyeing her carefully when she gulped and slowly pulled her chair out to sit.

It was as if you were telling her that they better not say a word about what happened with your glare. And they obliged.

 

 

After the teacher had walked in and everyone scattered to their seats like rats Baekhyun glanced at you and noticed that you were looking out the window like usual.

He wanted to talk to you but didn’t know what to say, he didn’t know why he suddenly felt awkward around you. “So…” He whispered when the teacher had his back facing the class. “How are you?”

“Fine.”

Great, Baek, Great! He knew that this wasn’t going so well.

 

 

When class ended you grabbed your books and was out of the classroom in less than thirty seconds. Baekhyun caught up with you right after you left the classroom.

“Heesung!” He managed to stop you from walking by blocking your way. “Wanna hang out this weekend?”

You slowly shook your head since you already had plans. “I’m sorry. I can’t.”

Baekhyuns heart dropped. “Ah, ok. I’ll see you next class then.” He hurried past you towards his locker without looking back.

You were in your own thoughts when you were on the way towards your locker. You knew you had to start distancing yourself from Baekhyun and the other to start hanging out with Kai. Or else it’d be a little suspicious if you never had time for him.

Since you’re “dating” him now. It did hurt you a little inside that you had to distance yourself from Baekhyun and the others but you had no other choice. You’d probably not hang out with them anymore afterwards anyway when all of this is over.

 

 

Baekhyun was sitting by his kitchen table grumbling over the fact that you weren’t able to hang out this weekend.

“Hyung, ith thomething wrong?” The maknae that was sitting on his hyungs sofa with Suho asked and looked at his hyung. “You’ve been in a bad mood lately.”

“No, I’m fine.” Baekhyun sighed. “Ok, no I’m not.” He then confessed and ruffled his hair.

“Wae?” D.O walked out of the bathroom while fixing his sleeves.

“The whole bet between Kai and Heesung. I don’t like it.” Baekhyun slouched in his chair and tapped his fingers around his glass of water.

“None of us does.” Suho agreed.

“I can’t help thinking what’ll happen after this bet is over.” He continued.

“You think noona will thtill be our friend?” Sehun asked and blinked.

It went silent for a while before D.O spoke up. “I don’t know, Sehun. I don’t know.”

“Probably not.” Suho sighed and stood up from the sofa. “I mean. We’ve basically been lying to her all this time.”

“Not about being her friendth right?” Sehun looked up at his hyung. “I like noona!”

“We like her too, Sehun-ah.” Suho adjusted his glasses on his nose. “How long has it gone now?”

“About a month now.” D.O answered.

“That means one more month then.” Baekhyun leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

“It’s soon Christmas aswell.” Suho stated.

D.O shook his head. “Bad timing.”

“Hyung, why couldn’t noona do anything thith weekend?” Sehun asked and looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just shrugged in his seat. “I heard Kai and her were going out on a date.” Suho answered for the maknae instead.

“What?!” Baekhyun flew out of his seat with wide eyes. “Kai’s going on a date with Heesung?”

“Well, yeah.” D.O shrugged. “What about it? They’re dating, right?”

Baekhyun gulped and felt his stomach fall.

 

 

 

 

“Ugh!” You grunted when you closed your door behind you. You had just gotten back home from the ‘date’ with Kai. And you didn’t enjoy it one bit. Throwing your purse and glasses on your bed you stripped out of your clothes and headed for the shower.

Getting into your warm tub you leaned back and relaxed. The date was awful! You met him at the mall where he took you to some café. The two of you just talked during the whole time but it felt more like chat since you didn’t say much. He asked if you knew what had happened to Hayoung and her friends but you played it off as if you didn’t know what he was talking about. Then the two of you just walked around, hand in hand, yes hand in hand.

And you didn’t fail to notice how he ogled other girls on the way. They probably thought what the hell he was doing with someone like you. You smirked while you sunk deeped into the warm water.

Just a month left, Heesung. You thought. One month. 

_________________________

A/N 

Another update! 

I can't help but feel that my latest chapters have been -ish.. I'm sorry about that. I'm still learning on how to write better and stuff like that but i've been busy as well with school. Planning on making a poster for this fic as well ^^ Any recommendations on how it can look like? 

I hope you liked this chapter though.. It's only around one month left with the bet o: What do you guys think will happen later on? I don't know myself lol. Please comment and subscribe!