Troublesome Bacon

Playing the player

A/N

OMFG I'm sooo sorry for not updating this fic for sooo long! ><

The reason why i hadn't been able to update is because... My computer died on me /sobs

And i was out of the country, then school started, then alot of stuff came up.. Didn't have a computer... I haven't been onlin since the last time i updated so i had to catch up on the fics i've been reading and all and OMG that was troublesome... /sigh so much i've missed

I'm currently using our computers we got from school and i'm happy that i'm able to update again! But i'm still confused on how to use this computer.. I'ts the Macbook Air and i'm not really and apple person owo" I'm more of a PC person so i'm still a little confused on how to use this so it might take a while for me lol.

Anyways, i'm sorry again for the hiatus. I'm happy that no one has unsubbed ^^"

I'm sorry if this chapted might be a bit confusing because i haven't had the time to edit nor did i re-read it... I haven't been writing for  a long time so it might take a while to get in to it again uknow? 

I hope this chapter makes sense though....

I hope you enjoy and please leave comments!! 

_____

After teaching Baekhyun what the greenhouse effect was you realized that it was time to get back to class. Yes, you had spent a lot of time teaching Baekhyun what the greenhouse effect was. He didn’t lie when he said that he was a slow learner.

You two had started a bit into the second chapter of the book though which was good.

“We should get back.” You said and slowly stood up.

“Ah, ne.” He nodded and hurriedly fixed his books.

It was still a few minutes left until the free period would end so the corridors were empty while you and Baekhyun walked out of the library.

“Ah, Heesung-shi?” He asked as you two started walking down the corridors.

“Ne?” you answered and waited for him to continue.

“Thanks for helping me today.” He smiled his famous eye smile and faced you.

You only nodded and continued walking.

Baekhyun pouted when he only received a nod but he somewhat knew that you weren’t going to say welcome anyway but he contented himself with that.

The rest of the day went on as usual except that Baekhyun had now started sitting beside you every class you had now. Even when other girls in the class asked him to sit with them he politely declined which you thought was weird. The girls even sent dirty glares towards you when he gladly took the set beside you.

Baekhyun knew that the girls were sending dirty glares where you two were sitting but he’d rather not sit with them since he knew that he wasn’t going to get anything done in class anyway in their way of ‘studying’.

 

School had ended and you rushed out of the classroom to retrieve your stuff from your locker.

Baekhyun watched as you hurried out of the classroom and quickly grabbed his books to follow you. He assumed that you were going to your locker and he was curious on where your locker was located. The rest of the class and him had their lockers in the same corridor but he’s never seen you around there.

He silently followed you while you quickly strode through the long hall and he had trouble keeping up with your long steps.

Slightly panting, Baekyun hid behind a corner while you stopped in front of a row of lockers. He just noticed that your locker was on the other side of the building. He wondered why it was so far away from everyone else.

Why’s her locker all the way here? He thought. This part of the building was barely used by any classes. It was almost as if it was secluded from the rest of the building.

He watched as you took out your bag and slung it over your shoulder.

“Baekhyun-shi?” You said as you closed the locker of your door.

Baekhyun jumped in surprised that you knew he was hiding. You knew that he had been following you from the classroom. It wasn’t that hard to notice with the slightly heavy steps and panting you heard behind you. You mentally face palmed at how discrete he was.

Baekhyun slowly came out from his hiding place and shyly scratched the back of his head.

“U-Uhm..” He stuttered. Crap! What if she thinks I’m some kind of creep now?!

You stood there by your locker waiting for him to continue.

“I-I was just curious where your locker was…” He said. And why you always seem like you’re In a hurry… But he was to shy to ask that.

“Well now you know.” You coldly replied and started walking back.

Baekhyun gulped at the coldness of your voice. You walked past him without saying anything and he watched as you strode down the hall again.

Oh no! Is she mad?! I shouldn’t have followed her! Baekhyun panicked and stood there thinking. Wh-What if she won’t help me with the subjects anymore because of this?! At the thought of that he literally ran to his locker again to quickly grab his bag and go after you to apologize.

He slammed his locker shut and looked out the window. You were still walking in your fast pace and you were getting closer and closer to the school gate. How’d she get out that fast?!

Baekhyun didn’t know why but he started running. He was on the third floor and he literally flew down the stairs. He felt sweat roll down his forehead as he ran down the last flight of stairs but didn’t care about that.

A few girls from his new class stood by the front door and they smiled when they spotted Baekhyun running towards them, or so they thought.

“Ah! Baekhyu-“ One of the girls didn’t even finish her sentence since Baekhyun ran past them making their hair flow in the air with his speed.

Their eyes widened as they saw him running towards the front gate.

Baekhyun spotted you as you were getting close to passing the gate and that’s when he decided to speed up.

“H-Heesung-ah!” He yelled panicked when he saw you about to turn right from school.

You stopped in your tracks and spun around to see Baekhyun slowly run up too you. You’re eyes widened as you saw his fringe sticking onto his sweaty forehead and how his white polo looked moist.

What the.. You thought and eyed the boy in front of you as he was bent over trying to catch his breath. You noticed a few students had stopped walking to watch what was going on since Baekhyun yelled your name loud enough across the schoolyard.

First he follows me to my locker and now he’s embarrassing me in front of everyone!? You hated getting attention at school. That’s why you were mostly alone at school. But since Baekhyun sat beside you this morning you’ve been getting a lot of attention. Specially the attention from the girls that’s not good.

 

Baekhyun looked up and felt you glaring at him through your glasses. W-What did I do now? He asked himself and slowly straightened himself.

“U-Uh, Heesung-ah…” He started and looked down at his feet not daring to meet your gaze. “I-I’m sorry…” He mumbled.

And the next thing he did made you take a step back with widened eyes.

Baekhyun was bowing 90 degrees in front of you. You. YOU.

Your heart stopped beating for a moment and you saw how everyone that had stopped to watch gasped.

“Y-Yah!” You hissed angrily. “Pabo!”

Baekhyun looked up with big eyes and saw how you gritted your teeth. Oh, no! What did I do now?! Baekhyuns eyes widened. He hated it when people were mad at him when he didn’t know the reason. Even if he knew the reason he wouldn’t give up until the person forgave him for whatever he did. And right now he didn’t want Heesung to be mad at him. He didn’t know why but he really didn’t want to stop talking to her even though she doesn’t say much back.

You gripped the strap of your bag and quickly turned around to escape this embarrassing scene, which you were in. Baekhyun panicked once he saw you walking away again.

Suddenly you felt someone grab your wrist preventing you from leaving. You looked over your shoulder to see Baekhyun looking at you with doe eyes. Your eyes widened as it looked like they were getting moist. What?

“Heesung-ah…” He pleaded. Tugging the hem of your sleeve. “I’m sorry!” He said once more bowing 90 degrees while he kept his hold on you.

You swore that you could’ve fainted from embarrassment and anger right there but your best not to. Whispers and murmurs suddenly spread across the schoolyard and even you started to panic.

You tried snatching your wrist back but he wouldn’t let go of you. It even felt like he tightened his grip on you, which shocked you.

“B-Baekhyun-shi…” You hissed faking a smile which ended up looking like a frown instead. At the tone of your voice Baekhyun didn’t dare to look up. He was still bowing down at 90 degrees not caring if his lower back slowly started aching.

“Let’s talk about this some place else, ne?” You whispered and Baekhyun slowly looked up with raised eyebrows but quickly looked down again when he felt your gaze on him making him forget what you just asked.

When you didn’t get an answer you pulled him with you turning a right from the school gate walking at a fast pace towards the bus stop.

People walking by looked weirdly at you two as you literally dragged him with you.

Thanks to the scene Baekhyun made in front of everyone you had to wait for the next buss which was coming in a few minutes.

Baekhyun panted as you two had stopped by the bus stop. Thankfully no one was there.

“Baekhyun-shi.”

Baekhyun faced you while wiping the sweat of his forehead with his sleeve.

“You can let go of me now.” Baekhyun looked down and his face turned red when he noticed that he was still holding on to your wrist. He quickly let go and bowed down again.

“A-Ah, mianhae! I’m so sorry!” He started to apologize again.

“Stop apologizing!” You half yelled making Baekhyun jump back at the tone of your voice. He’s never heard you speak that loud before.

You sighed deeply and fixed your glasses. “What are you even apologizing for?” You asked after you calmed down a bit.

“F-For making you mad…” Baekhyun mumbled and started fiddling with his fingers.

“What?” You were slightly confused now.

Baekhyun awkwardly cleared his throat. “Well… For following you to your locker… And it looked like you got mad at me for doing that.”

“I didn’t get mad.” You said making the boy look up with a confuse expression. “I got annoyed.”

“W-Well… Sorry for making you annoyed then.” Baekhyun was about to bow down again when you grabbed his shoulder preventing him to do so.

“’I told you to stop apologizing!”

“B-But I don’t like it when people are mad at me!” He whined and pouted his eyes getting slightly moist again.

“I’m wasn’t mad!” You corrected him.

“But then why did you sound so mad before? And it was almost as if you were running away from me when you walked away from me that fast! And-“

The bus had arrived and you took out your bus card from your bag making Baekhyun rammage through his bag for his. He wasn’t done talking to you. Not yet.

You quickly took a seat in the back placing your bag on the seat beside you making Baekhyun frown and take a seat on the other side of the aisle.

The bus had started to move and Baekhyun was staring at you the whole time with his arms crossed pouting. He was acting like a child that didn’t get what he wanted. Which was somewhat true in this case.

You kept your eyes outside the window trying to calm yourself but it didn’t really help since you saw his reflection on the window. You knew he was staring at you with that pout and you couldn’t help to think that he looked really cute doing that. All you wanted to do was go to your brothers’ café and rest.

The bus had stopped where you where getting of and you hurried off the vehicle with Baekhyun trying to catch up.

Baekhyun tried keeping up with you while you were walking in your fast pace again. Even though he was much taller than you were it looked like he was jogging right next to you while you were just walking.

As you turned a corner you head that Baekhyun was panting again. Seems like he doesn’t move a lot doesn’t he?

“Baekhyun-shi. Why are you following me?” You asked. You spotted the café, which was only two blocks away now, and you couldn’t wait.

“B-Because…” He said while gasping for air. “W-We’re not done t-talking…”

“Talk about what?”

How can she not be out of breath while walking in this speed?!

Once he was about to answer you two had already reached the front door of the café. You opened the door and walked in and saw your brother taking a couple of girls order.

Your brother didn’t notice that you had arrived and you quickly took a seat in the corner by the window with Baekhyun silently following you.

You sighed deeply while you took your seat and watched as Baekhyun took the seat in front of you.

“I’d like to sit alone please.” You said in a strained voice.

Even though Baekhyun got chills down his spine by your voice he shook his head slowly panting for air.

“You don’t workout a lot do you?” You asked and he shook his head once more slowly getting his breath back.

And of course out of nowhere your wild brother appears.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He greeted both of you with a smile.

You rolled your eyes behind your glasses wishing that he’d just go away. Ugh, why did he have to take our table? Why not Jongup or someone else…

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo.” Baekhyung greeted him back.

“Here’s our menu. Take your time deciding on what you want and I’ll be back in a while.” Himchan said and placed a menu in front of Baekhyun. Before he placed one in front of you, you shook your head.

“No, thank you.”

Himchan nodded before he walked away and Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. You didn’t notice that he had take of his school blazer and rolled up his sleeves to his elbows. “You don’t want anything?” He asked fanning himself with his hand.

This time you shook your head. “Why not?”

“No money.” You lied.

“Ah, but I can treat you!” He said making your eyes widen. What’s he saying? Is he serious now?

“No, thank you.” You declined.

“Ah, but come on! See it as a ‘I’m sorry’ treat.” You shook your head once more.

“I’ll start bowing again…” He threatened and started to get out of his seat.

“Y-Yah!” You hissed and placed your palms on the table. He stopped half way and raised his eyebrows. You sighed and just accepted his offer for treating you. Not because you gave up but because you got tired of arguing with him at this point. All you wanted to do was come here. Alone. Drink some coffee. Go home. And sleep.

But nooo. This idiot in front of you that was grinning while he looked through the menu had to make a scene and follow you all the way here.

“Heesung-ah, what do you want?” He asked and looked up from the menu. “I already chose!”

“Doesn’t really matter…” You replied tiredly and leaned back in your seat with your arms crossed.

“But… I can’t choose for you...” He said and looked through the menu once more.

“I’ll just have a frapino.”

“Are you sure? I mean if you want something else then…”

You shook your head interrupting him. Baekhyun nodded and started to look for the waiter, your brother.

And within a second he was by our table.

“What would you like to order, sir?” Your brother asked as he took Baekhyuns menu.

As Baekhyun ordered you looked out the window and watched as people walked by. Looking out the window always calmed you down when you were stressed or just needed to relax. You didn’t know why but it’s been like that ever since you were young.

You don’t know how long you’ve been looking out the window but your thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Baekhyuns voice.

“Heesung-ah?”

You faced him and noticed that your ordered had arrived. I was spacing out that long? Why didn’t he say anything?

 

Once Baekhyun had ordered he faced you to start a conversation but noticed that you had averted your attention somewhere else. Through the window.

Baekhyun tilted his head as he noticed that you always look out windows. Like in the classroom. On the buss. Here.

Baekhyun took this opportunity to study your profile while you didn’t pay attention. Yes, he felt like a creep again but he has never looked at you properly. And by properly he meant like he hasn’t studied your features. He noticed that you had a nice and sharp jaw line even though your cheeks were kind off chubby. He wouldn’t admit this. Ever. But he liked your chubby cheeks. His eyes landed on your lips that he’d been admiring the last time he was here. They still looked kissable like the last time and once again Baekhyun unconsciously his lips.

 

Behind the bar stood your brother beside Yongguk who has wiping glasses. Your brother had been keeping an eye on you two since he saw you taking your seats.

“Isn’t he one of those boys who snuck in to the club the other time?” Yongguk asked and placed the glass on the shelf behind them.

“Yupp, he is.” Himchan replied. “What I want to know is why he’s with Heesung!”

“Calm down bro.” Yongguk chuckled. “Maybe their on a date?” He joked.

“Date? DATE?!”

Yongguk covered Himchans mouth after saying that a little too loud making a couple of customers turn around. Yongguk shyly apologized and lightly hit Himchan on the head. Thankfully you didn’t hear your older brothers little outburst.

“Dude! So what if they’re on a date?” Yongguk rolled his eyes an started to prepare a drink for a customer.

“Bang Yongguk, do you kn-“ Himchan gasped. “How dare he look at her that way!”

Your brother saw how Baekhyun started too study your features. He even witnessed that little lip he did. Himchan was about to storm over there but Yongguk stopped him before he could start something with the poor boy.

“Yah! Yongguk let go of me!”

“No, can do bro. Let those two enjoy their date in peace.” Yongguk chuckled.

“They’re not on a date!”

 

 

 

“Ah, why didn’t you say anything?” You asked and eyed your frapino in front of you.

“I-It just arrived…” Baekhyun lied. Of course he wouldn’t say that he’d been looking at you this whole time. You nodded and saw that he ordered a big chocolate muffin that looked bigger than the small plate he got with it.

After Baekhyun took a few bites from his muffin you asked.

“What did you want to talk about?”

“O-Oh, yeah.” He said before he swallowed. “I wanted to know if you were really mad when I followed you…” He mumbled.

“Why’d you even follow me in the first place?”

“I wanted to know where your locker was…” He answered like before.

“And?” You knew that, that wasn’t all. There was something else he wanted to ask but didn’t dare too.

“And…” Baekhyuns cheeks turned into a light shade of pink which made you raise an eyebrow. “Why do you always hurry out of the classroom?” He started fiddling with his fingers.

“Why do you ask?”

“B-Because… I want to know what you do during break times…”

“I don’t do anything.” You answered. It was true. You didn’t do anything in particular to be honest. You just walked around the school or find some place quiet to sit and rest for a bit before the next class starts.

“Really?” He tilted his head to the side and blinked. “But you’re always in a rush?”

You nodded.

“Why is that?”

“Because.” Was your answer. You didn’t want to tell him that you didn’t like hanging out in the classroom especially when the rest of the class are in there. You didn’t even like hanging in the same corridors as them. One of the reasons why your locker is further away.

Baekhyun nodded. He did want to know more about you. He really did. You fascinated him for some reason.

“Why’s your locker further away from the rest of us?”

“Because.” You answered again.

Baekhyun kept silent after that. It seemed like you didn’t want to reveal too much and he kept wondering why.

“Before…” You started making him look up surprised that you’re leading the conversation now. “When you ran…”

“Yeah?”

“Why were you running?” That question has been on your mind since you got on the buss. Why was he running? Was he running after you? In that case, why?

“Ah, I was running after you.” He answered honestly which made your eyes widen. Thank god he couldn’t see that due to your glasses.

“W-Why?” You faked a cough hiding the fact the that you stuttered.

“I don’t like it when people are mad at me…” He looked down and started fiddling with his fingers again. “It doesn’t make me feel good.” He confessed.

“And I thought that if you were mad at me…” He continued and rubbed the back of his neck. “You wouldn’t help me in class anymore…” He confessed. “So I hurried before you it was to late…”

“Why don’t you go ask the rest of the class then? I’m sure that they’d be happy to help you.” You said wondering why he asked you in particular.

“Well… That’s because.. Uhm… I don’t really like…”

“Like?”

“… Like those kind of girls… Honestly they creep me out. And even If I did ask them I don’t think they’d even take it seriously. You know what I mean?”

You nodded, actually agreeing with the boy in front of you. So he doesn’t like all those girls, huh?

“I thought you and… Your friends liked getting all the attention from the girls?” You were referring to him and his ‘gang’.

“Ah, well…” Baekhyun was surprised that you knew about him and his friends. “Chanyeol and Kai they love the attention the most to be honest. D.O uh, Kyungsoo he can’t handle it really well since he has trouble with strangers even though it doesn’t look like it. Suho-hyung, uh Junmyeon…” Ah, the smarty? “… He’s to good too be meddling with stuff like that. Hyung’s more of a gentleman.” You tilted your head and absorbed all the info that you were currently receiving. “Sehun and I… We don’t really like all the attention to be honest. And Sehun is still young and innocent so…”

Baekhyun shrugged and looked at you while you nodded. “S-So if you thought that I liked the attention and all y-you’re wrong!” He waved his hands in front of him hoping that you’d believe him.

“Why would I think that Baekhyun-shi?”

Baekhyun realized what he did and awkwardly smiled. “N-Nevermind…”

After an awkward silence, which you didn’t mind but Baekhyun did, he asked.

“A-Are you still mad, Heesung-ah?”

“Maybe.”

Baekhyuns eyes widened. “E-Eh?!” You just wanted to laugh at his expression he got on his face but you told yourself not too.

“B-But…” Baekhyun pouted.

“I’m not mad.”

“Sure?”

You nodded and Baekhyun leaned back in his set and gave out a long sigh with a smile on his lips. “That’s good to hear.” Baekhyun felt relieved that you had forgiven him and his shoulders felt lightened.

The both of you had finished what you’d ordered and you decided it was time to leave. You started getting out of your seat when Baekhyun asked.

“Ah, where are you going?” He gripped the chairs armrests.

“Home.” You replied and slung you bag over your shoulder.

“Wait!” Baekhyun hurried and got out his seat putting his blazer on in the process. “At least let me walk you home?”

You took at the step with widened eyes in shock. What the hell?! Is he crazy? In the corner of your eye you saw your brother a few tables away looking your way with his mouth agape. Oh.. You assumed that he had heard what Baekhyun just asked.

You quickly shook your head. “No! It’s… Uhm, ok.” Baekhyun tilted his head and looked at you.

“Then…” He ruffled his brown fringe. “Let me atleast follow you to the bus stop?”

You decided that, that was better than him following you home.

“Fine…” You mumbled and was about to leave when you wild brother suddenly appears once more.

“Did you two enjoy your food?” He asked and smiled. But you knew that smile too well. He was so going to bring this up once you got home.

Baekhyun nodded and smiled back. “Of course! Delicious as always!”

Himchan gave a short bow with his head. “I’ll be right back with the check.” And with that he hurried of to the bar.

 

 

While waiting for your bus to arrive Baekhyun and you had taken a seat on a bench resting your legs. Or Baekhyun was resting his legs. It seemed that he still hadn’t recovered from the running he did today. He sat leaned back with his arms slightly crossed above his chest. You sat on the other edge of the bench not wanting to get to close to him.

“Thank you for the coffee by the way.” You mumbled and looked down at your bag that was resting on your lap. You thought that it was

Baekhyun turned your way and raised his eyebrows. Flashing you his well-known smile he decided to move closer to you by sliding across the bench.

“No problem.”

He was now literally sitting so close to you that your shoulders were touching each other which you found somewhat disturbing.

“May I ask something?” He faced you.

“You just did.”

Baekhyun blinked a couple of times before he chuckled. Slow learner all right…

“Y-You’ll still help me right?” He faked a cough. “With class and all…”

“Maybe.” And with that your bus had arrived and you got up getting on the vehicle with a slightly chocked Baekhyun left on the bench.

“E-Eh?!” he got up but it was too late because the bus had already started moving. You watched from the window how he ruffled his hair and sat back down again. Chuckling to yourself you couldn’t wait to get home. But there was one difficulty you had to face later on.

Your brother.

 

 

After you and Baekhyun had disappeared from the schoolyard after the scene he made whispers started to spread.

“Omo, what the hell just happened?!”

“D-Did Baekhyun-oppa just… Just bowed to her?!”

“Dude, what?”

“What did I just see?”

“Was he apologizing?”

“Sounded like it.”

“Why?”

 

While whispers and mumbles filled the yard, five boys were standing not so far from were you two were just now. They saw the whole thing that just happened in front of them. They thought that their friend was running towards them but when they saw who he actually was running after their eyes widened and they froze.

“H-Hyung, whath juth h-happened?” Sehun asked and faced Suho with wide eyes.

The elder who was wondering the same thing only shrug his shoulders in reply.

“Duuuuude, what?” Chanyeol was in somewhat of a shock and slung his arm over D.O who tried shaking the heavy arm off him.

Kai clenched his jaw and closed his eyes letting out a heavy sigh. Byun Baekhyun, what the hell are you doing!?

Baekhyun didn’t know what was coming to him the next day.

Baekhyun was in his bed and staring at the ceiling. His legs were aching ever since you and him left the café and he couldn’t even move now. He was happy that you had forgiven him and that you weren’t mad at him anymore but he still wanted to know if you were willing to help him.

Baekhyun had taken a liking to you for some reason he himself didn’t know why. He liked it that you weren’t like the other girls at school even thought you were classified as nerd. She isn’t that bad… He thought and placed his hands behind his head. Of course he had heard other people talk about you in the corridors and in class but he didn’t find any of those true to be honest.

You fascinated Baekhyun, he wanted to get to know you more. Suddenly the memory of you sitting there with your legs crossed in those black short came into his mind. His eyes widened and he rolled over to the side feeling his face heating up.

“W-Why did I remember that now…” He mumbled to himself.

Baekhyun wanted you to talk to him more. Wanted you to open up a little maybe. But he knew that, that would be a hard thing to do. He wondered if you had any friends you hung out with? He wondered how you’d look like if you smiled. Would your smile be as gorgeous as your legs? Baekhyun unconsciously nodded. Especially on those pink, plump lips…

The next movement in Baekyuns body made him sit up straight. He placed his hand over his chest and furrowed his eyebrows.

“What the…”