56;

Playing the player

                                                             

BAEKHYUN POV

    When my brother came back home from his meeting the next day he looked shocked. I was sitting by my kitchen table eating a cup of noodles. He looked at me with wide eyes filled with, I don’t know, surprise mixed with fear?

    “Hyung, what’s wrong?” I asked and looked at him.

    “Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked in a whisper.

    “Tell you what?” I was starting to get confused.

    “Heesung… She…” He ran his hand through his head. “I… I met her at the… At the building.”

     He walked towards me but paced around the kitchen table. “I made a move on her, remember?” He asked and I nodded slowly.

    “Hyung, what are you talking about?” I asked and put my chopsticks away.

    “She owns one of the biggest companies in the whole world!” He gasped. “I met her and her brother at the building where I had the meeting. I was just leaving then I met her. How come I didn’t think about her name when we first met?!”

   Laughter escaped my lips when he was done talking. My brother looked so shocked and surprised. Well I probably did too when I first found out.

    “Hyung, that’s it?”

    “What do you mean that’s it?!” He gasped. “She- she’s freaking powerful! If she’d want to she has the power to take down any company! I-“

    “Hyung, calm down.” I told him and began eating my noodles again. He inhaled deeply before he ruffled his hair on his head. “I just got a little surprised.” A little? Mhm.

    “I’ll take a shower…” He mumbled and made his way to the stairs then up the loft. I shook my head with a small smile and disposed my cup.

    “Baekhyun?” My brother knocked on my door lightly. I removed my headphones and watched him walk in. He was dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt, a towel on his wet hair.

    “Yeah?”

    He sat down on my bed and ruffled his hair with the towel. “I was wondering what you’d like the do tomorrow?”

    A huge smile spread on my lips, as we spent the rest of the night talking about what we would be doing during the days he’s free.

 

 

HEESUNG POV

 

I spent some time on my own in my room while everyone else where either downstairs or in their rooms. It’s gone a few days with meetings and tomorrow night would be new years. I haven’t contacted Baekhyun, nor did he contact me. I assumed that he was hanging out with his hyung now that he had time but I heard that tonight he’d be travelling back to the States.

    A soft knock was heard on my door and I turned my head from where I lying on my bed. My brother peeked in and leaned on my doorframe. “How are you?” He asked in a soft voice and looked at me through my dimly lit room.

    “Thinking.”

    “You have a few more weeks.” He sighed and I averted my eyes to my ceiling.

    “I know.”

    My brother was silent for a moment. “What’s your plan tonight?” He asked. My brother knew about Baekhyuns brother leaving tonight. “Are you leaving?”

    “I don’t know.” My headache seemed to have gotten worse with all the thoughts running through my head.

    I saw my brother nod in the corner of my eye. “Tomorrow?”

    “I don’t know.”

    “I think you should go.”

    “Oppa… I’d like to be alone now.” I closed my eyes, my voice hoarse.

    “Alright.”

     When I heard my door click close I brought my hands to my face and sighed out deeply, my head pounding in pain.

 

 

BAEKHYUN POV

   

    I couldn’t accompany my brother to the airport, I never could. A taxi was already waiting for him outside the building as he got dressed in his jacket and shoes. It was late, past midnight and he was wearing a suit to the airport. I never understood why he’d have to get all dressed up everytime he travelled. I always thought that it was an hassle, I’d wear jeans or sweatpants even if I travelled. Al though I’ve never travelled in my whole life, which is quite sad.

    “Alright then.” My brother said and wrapped his thick navy scarf around his neck. His suitcases were standing right beside his long legs. I slowly nodded and put a pair of slippers on before following him out, to the elevator and down to the lobby.

    There was a taxi outside of the building waiting for him. He turned to me when a man walked in and grabbed his suitcases, hauling them out to the vehicle putting them all in the trunk. “I guess this is another good bye, little brother.” He sighed and looked down at me. I slowly nodded once more and averted my gaze. “Thanks for letting me stay, I enjoyed the time we had.”

    “Me too.” I finally looked up at him with a smile on my face. “Thanks for spending time with me.”

    “Thank you as well.” He turned to the cab quickly before turning back to me. He reached out and ruffled my hair as he had a smile on his face. “You better take care of Heesung, all right?”

    By the sound of Heesungs name I felt my cheeks heat up. “H-Hyung!” I tried swatting his hand away from my hand and he just chuckled.

    “I’m serious. Don’t hurt her. I’m not saying this only for her sake but also for my companies sake.”

    “Yah.” I scowled and he chuckled once more.

    “I’m just kidding little brother.” He patted me on my shoulder a couple of times before he squeezed it gently. “But I mean it. You two look good together.” He gave me a playful wink, which I just blushed harder from. “It’s still hard to believe she rejected me for you.” He mumbled and I just stared at him. “I’ll never forget that.” He sniffed and I rolled my eyes. Oh, dramatic hyung.

    We both hugged each other tightly before he had to really leave. “Have a safe flight hyung.” I told him and waved as he exited the building through the spinning doors. He turned around and waved back with a grin on his face.

    I stood there in the lobby with my hands in my pockets and watched the taxi roll off towards the airport. After it disappeared into the heavy snow I felt tears prick my eyes, so I hurried back to the elevator. Once again I was alone and I had nothing else to do.

    Right after I pressed the button to my floor I heard footsteps rushing through the lobby, or more like heels. Right when the door was about to slide close a pair of arms stopped them and they slid open again.

    My eyes widened at the panting figure that stepped into the elevator with me.

    “H-Heesung?”

    She straightened her back as well as her black coat she was wearing before she turned to me with a small smile on her lips. “What are you doing here?” I asked, still surprised yet in a way happy to see her.

    She held out her arm to me and I noticed that she was carrying a white plastic bag that smelled like food. “I hope you like chinese.”

    “So why did you suddenly show up here?” I asked. We were sitting on my couch watching some drama that was on TV while eating.

    “I don’t know.” She mumbled before swallowing.”Don’t you want me here?” She then turned to me with her big eyes.

    “O-Of course I do!” I blushed and turned my attention back to the screen. Jeez, I always want her here.

    “Hey, Baekhyun.” She suddenly spoke up after a while. I turned to her while putting some noodles in my mouth; she was still looking at the TV.

    “What would you do if I suddenly left?”

     I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “Right now?”

    “No, I mean just left.” She still didn’t look at me.

    “You mean disappear?”

    “Something like that yes.” She leaned forward and grabbed her glass of water and took a sip before putting it back.

    “I’m confused.” She rolled her eyes, but still kept them on the screen.

    “If I suddenly had to leave. And we couldn’t see eachother anymore?” Then she turned to me, her face saying nothing. I didn’t know if she was joking around but her tone sounded very serious to me.

     “I’d look around the world for you.” I answered and grinned widely. She sighed with a small smile on her face. It was terrifying not to know if she was joking or not, or why she suddenly asked.

     She didn’t say anything else and averted her gaze to the TV again. It felt like she wasn’t even watching the drama at all. Neither did I though.

     “So how are you feeling now that your brother left?” She asked and took a seat beside me on the couch. The TV was off and the only sound that was heard was the wind outside and our voices. “Lonely.” I confessed and she pulled her knees up to her chest, facing me.

     “I don’t know what to do now. The only one that’s back is Sehun too…” I continued and leand my head back on the backrest.

    “And tomorrow’s New Years…” She added silently.

    “I know.”

    We both didn’t say anything else and just sat there in silence. I had my eyes closed for a moment but they suddenly opened wide. I looked down and saw Heesung leaning her forehead on my shoulder while hugging her knees against her chest. She too had her eyes closed. My face started heating up when she inched closer to me and I automatically wrap my arm around her shoulder.

    “Baekhyun, answer me honestly.” She mumbled.

    “What?”

    “What would you do if I really left?”

    I thought for it for a moment. Why was she asking this again? Why does she sound… Sad? I wonder if my ears were just playing with me but there was something in her tone that was a bit off. What would I do if she really left? Have a mentalbreakdown most probably.

    “I’d wait for you to come back.”

    The she looked up with wide eyes and blinked at me. She looked for a moment, surprised?

    “I don’t really understand why you’re suddenly asking me.” I chuckled and scratched the back of my head. “You’re not going anywhere are you?” I then asked alarmed, my eyes widened at her.

    Then she smiled at me. “No, I’m just wondering.”

    “Hmm…”

    “So you’d wait?”

    I nodded. “I’ll wait no matter how long it’ll take for you to get back.”

    “What if…” She paused for a moment and I looked at her, waiting for her to continue. “What If you get feelings for someone else when I get back and forget me?” Her voice lowered, almost like a whisper. Almost as if she was scared of what I was going to answer.

    “HAH!” I laughed and she raised her eyebrows surprised. “Not happening.” I waved my hand in front of her.

    “But-“

    “Nope. Nothing will make me forget about you.” I replied casually and proud.

    A small smile was on her lips as our eyes met. “By the way.” I added. “I still have a few heart wishes, I might be able to get you to stay.” I grinned widely and she chuckled before leaning her head on my shoulder again.

    “Idiot…” I heard her mutter.

_________________________

A/N I apologize for the very short chapter.

     Did you miss me ? I haven't updated for a while. Reason is that i've been very busy with my finals, and last minute school work ! But now they're all finished, yay ! What did you think about this chapter, hm? (INFO) I found out that i might not have a computer during the summer, since my school might take them back before holiday and i don't have any other computer to use since my mini laptop, which by the way, isn't working ! And i've used my school's mac that i use for both school and personal stuff ever since we recieved them ! So of course i got all panicky and every thing since i was like "HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO WRITE MY FICS AND USE TUMBLR ?! *cough* and online shop *cough*" Do you guys understand my problem ? /Sobs

    Anyways, although i do hope we get to keep them, i think i might have to finish my fic fairly soon ! (Is that good or bad?) This fic doesn't have much chapters left tbh, i still have to put Kai and Chanyeol back soon too, lol. /Sigh anyways. Let's see how it'll work out ! 

   Please comment and subscribe! Every little word means alot to me !!