Fever

Playing the player

             

HEESUNG POV

    I opened the door to see Sehun standing outside with a smile on his face. “Sehun-ah.” I greeted and let him in. “Hi noona!” He greeted me. “How are you?” He asked and looked at me. I was just wearing a pair of shorts and an oversized sweater with my hair in a ponytail. Of course I had a little makeup on as well, don’t want to scare him away with me looking like a dead person. Nothing to extreme though, concealer, moisturizer…  

    “I’m fine. I have a bit of a fever that’s all.” I showed him where to hang his jacket.

    “Here noona!” Sehun rummaged through his bag before handing me a small box filled with tea bags. “I thought that I could at leatht buy thomething …” He shyly laughed and scratched the back of his head.

    “Aw, Sehun-ah. Vanilla flavored tea is my favorite.” I told him gave him a light hug before patting his head, which of course required me to stand on my toes. A faint blush appeared on his cheeks while he gave me one of his smiles.

    “NOONA.” A loud voice came from the living room startling us both. Zelo ran out holding a controller but stopped when he saw Sehun standing by me. He’s face instantly fell.

    “What’s he doing here?” He asked and Sehun frowned.

    “He’s here to visit me.” I told him. “No fighting now alright? Or else you guys cook your own food.” I warned and Zelo gulped before nodding.

    “Want to play with us?” Zelo asked and raised the controller in his hand.

    “Uth?” Sehun asked.

    “Yaah!” Tao’s shriek was heard. Zelo whipped his head around. “What are you doing now?!”

    Zelo ran back into the living room leaving us. “Go ahead.” I sighed then chuckled. “I have to start cooking.” Sehun looked at me for a moment before I started gesturing for the living room. “Stay over for dinner.”

    Before I started cooking I put on a mask in front of my mouth so I wouldn’t spread my sickness through the food. The three boys loud voices could be heard from the living room as they were doing whatever they did now, playing a game I think? I wonder what the principal forgot to give me the last time; I thought that I had already signed everything. Oh well, I’ll check it out later. After cooking I called the boys in and they hurried into the kitchen muttering words to each other. Sehun had taken of his blazer together with his tie since it looked like they were playing rough in the living room, his brown hair was messy as well as the two others.

    They all sat down by the dining table beside each other when I sat by the end of it next to Tao. I told them to start getting since I laid out the food in front of them and they cheered and began putting food on their plates. “Thankth noona.” Sehun smiled and began eating. “Hmm~”

    “Noona, your cooking is the best!” Zelo gave me thumbs up.

    Tao muffled thanks as well through his food filled mouth. “How is everyone at school?” I asked Sehun and he looked up from his plate. “Well…” He scratched his cheek. “Baekhyun hyung wath kinda down thinthe you weren’t there today.” He answered and I scoffed.

    “He actually whineth a lot when you’re gone noona.” He laughed.

    “I can imagine.” I rolled my eyes, Baekhyun that five year old.

    “Have the other two come back yet?” Zelo asked and looked at Sehun beside him, he meant Kai and Chanyeol.

    “Yeah, they came back yethterday.” Sehun answered.

    “Those two idiots.” Tao muttered before shoveling a spoon full of rise in his mouth. I clucked my tounge when I reached over and wiped the corner of his mouth with a napkin. “But we’ve forgiven them.” Sehun added. “They promithed not to do anything like that every again.”

    “Mhm.” Zelo rolled his eyes. “If anyone else hurts my noona, aish!”

    “What about that Baekhyun guy?” Tao asked and looked at me.

    “Ah.” I sighed. “He’s… I don’t know really.” Sehun was looking at me too and I raised my eyebrow when Zelo looked up from his plate as well. “What?” I asked.

    “Noona, are you going out with him?” Zelo asked and my eyes widened.

    “No, I’m not.”

    “When are you going to thtart going out with hyung?”

    “Does he treat you well?”

    “Jesus…” I muttered and rubbed my aching temple. “I don’t know when I’m going to start going out with him and yes he treats me well.”

    There were no more questions about Baekhyun when they continued eating, thank god for that. It felt a bit uncomfortable speaking about Baekhyun and I together with Sehun. The only one I’ve spoken to about this subject out of them was Kai. He’s become a really good friend of mine these past few weeks actually, surprisingly even with what happened in the past. When the boys were done eating they all helped me wash everything, dry everything and with their tall height manage to put everything back to where they belong. Especially where I couldn’t reach. Tao and Zelo thanked me for the food and hurried back to the living room to continue playing while Sehun stayed and rummaged through his bag. “Here noona.” He said and handed me a manila folder with my name on it. “Thith ith what the printhipal told me to give you.”

    “Thank you Sehun-ah. I appreciate it.

    “No problem!” He smiled and right then the home phone began ringing. “I’ll get it!” I yelled and went out to the hallway where the phone was laying on a small table by the stairs. I had to cough before I lifted the phone and answered. “He- Oh, Lay oppa!” I greeted the familiar man on the other side of the phone.

    “Hey, Heesung.” He greeted me. “Have you taken your medicine?” He asked and I gasped, he sighed. “You forgot didn’t you?” He asked and chuckled. “You got me.” I smiled behind the mask I was still wearing. “I just called to remind you to take your medicine.” He told me and I nodded to myself. “Aha. Oppa you may be very forgetful most of the times but you never forget about medicine and other people’s health.” I said and laughed but had to cough since laughing hurt my throat. Sehun quickly came beside me and started lightly patting my back.

    “You got that right Heesung-ah. Anyways, hurry and take that pill. And drink a lot! After this go and rest.” His voice soft yet demanding but he was always like that when it came to health, always caring about everyone. “Alright oppa. Continue to work hard today.”

    “Thank you Heesung-ah. Bye.”

    “Bye.” After hanging up I walked bacl in the kitchen with Sehun right behind me. “Who wath that noona?” He asked when I began pouring a glass of water for myself. “That was just Lay, he reminded me to take my medicine.” I opened a drawer where all the medicine pills that I organized laid and took one out.

    “Noona, why don’t you go and retht after thith ok?” Sehun tilted his head and looked at me. I smiled at him before taking my pill, swallowing it and re filled the glass with water to bring it up to my room. “I will, I will. But I just need to check the papers the principal gave me.”

    Sehun nodded and followed me out to the hall way again. I had my glass of water in my hand and the manila folder in the other. “Go back and play with the two while I go up.”

 

 

BAEKHYUN POV

    “Baekhyun, don’t look at Sehun like that.” Suho said and patted me lightly on my back. My glare deepened at the maknae when he said that. “Jesus, Baekhyun he just did what the principal asked him to do.” D.O tolled his big eyes at him. “Yeah.” Kai added. “It’s not like he went there randomly and knocked on her door.”

    “But I remember when you told me you did that.” Chanyeol laughed and Kai began as well high fiving his friend. “Guys you’re so not making this whole situation better.” D.O scolded the two.

    Sehun had just told us that he went and visited Heesung yesterday to give her something the principal asked him to give her. So that’s why that brat wanted her number. I can’t believe Sehun went and visited her yesterday when she had a fever. A freaking fever! I’ve told her countless times that she should put on more clothes but no of course not. Even though this is the first time we’ve known that she’s sick she still got a fever from it. Sehun told us that she had fainted the other day that explains why she was in Kris’s arms. That brat kept bragging how she took care of them even though she was the one with the fever. He told us that even if he kept telling her to go and rest, she didn’t. Zelo said that Heesung was always like that even when she’s sick, she doesn’t care much for her health. Aish! “Noona, even cooked for uth.” Sehun grinned and my mouth fell. When was the last time I got to taste Heesungs cooking? “Oh, yeah.” Kai groaned. “Heesungs cooking is the best.” Even he has tasted her cooking? “Dude…” Chanyeol agreed and looked at his friend, his mouth open too. Even that idiot?!

    “Why didn’t she tell me that she was sick?!” I groaned and placed my head out usual table in the cafeteria. “Maybe she didn’t think of you.” Chanyeol laughed. “Oh shut it.” I kicked his leg under the table and he hissed in pain while Kai gave him a questioning look.

    “You mad, hyung?” Sehun asked and he grinned widely when I shot him a glare.

    “Shut it maknae.”

    After lunch and Suho trying to stop me from killing the boy we went to our separate classes. Chanyeol skipped Geography as usual, like he always does and went home instead. Since this was my last class for the day I was dead set on visiting Heesung after school. The others would still have lessons except D.O but he had to go to work at the café. What will I buy Heesung? What do you buy a girl who has fever? Sehun had told us that she didn’t need medicine since she had that at home, so what else is there? I’d have to think of it later when I get there.

    School finally ended for me and I went straight to the bus stop outside of school. Thankfully the bus arrived as soon as I got there so I quickly got on and sat down. As soon as I knew it I had arrived at my stop and got of the bus. Like Sehun said there was a small convenience store close by so I quickly went there and greeted the old lady who sat behind the counter. Hmm… I was standing by the freezers looking at the cool drinks. What would she like to drink? Soda? Juice? Ah, vitamin water! I smiled for myself when I opened the door and grabbed watermelon flavored vitamin water. Satisfied I went on to the snack aisle and grabbed a box of chocolate flavored pepero before paying. I greeted the old lady once again and she smiled at me while she scanned my items. “Let me guess.” She said and I looked at her while holding my wallet in my hands. “You’re visiting that young lady, Ms. Heesung?” She asked and I raised my eyebrows surprised. “How do you know?”

    “A young boy came by yesterday wearing the same uniform like you.” She giggled as I gave her the money. “He kept going on about visiting his noona.”

    “Oh…” I muttered. “That was my friend…”

    “Really? How nice of you two to visit her, send her my regards.”

    I bid her goodbye and began making my way towards her house with the plastic bag. God damn it, Oh Sehun. I stopped in front the gates of her house and looked passed the metal bars. She’s home right? She must be, she’s sick. I pressed the button of the intercom that was on the stonewall and waited for someone to answer. “Hello?” A familiar male voice answered. “Ah, H-Hello?”

    “Who is it?”

    “Baekhyun… Byun Baek-“

    “Tao!” The voice yelled and I took a step back in surprise. “Baekhyun-hyung is here! What? Ok!” Oh, it was Zelo who answered, I couldn’t really figure out who it was. A buzz was heard and one of the steel gates creaked open. “Come in.” Another voice said and it sounded like Tao.

    My heart was pounding in my chest when I stood in front Heesungs front door. With a shaking hand I knocked on the door and a pair of heavy footsteps were heard from the other side. The giant maknae opened the door wearing a bunny kugurumi with the hood on his head. The giant ears flopped down the sides of his head while he looked down at me. “Oh, hey hyung.” He greeted me with a smile and let me in the house. “Noona’s in her room sleeping.” He locked the door and was about to enter the living room when I stopped him. “S-Sleeping?” I asked and he nodded before continuing into the living room. When I looked in the room I saw Tao wearing a similar kigurumi as Zelo but it was a panda in stead. Both were sitting on the floor in front of the TV playing a game.

    With a pounding heart I made my way up the stairs until I stood in front of Heesungs door. The plastic bag that contained her vitamin water and pepero was still in my hand and I raised my other hand about to knock but I hesitated. Should I disturb her? She needs rest… Instead of knocking I slowly pressed the door handle down and peeked into the dark room. The only light that was seen was the dim light from her bedside lamp.

    Heesung was in her bed under her covers with her back facing me. Her long dark hair was like a cloud around her head. Gulping I slowly closed the door and tip toed in as quietly as I could, placing my bag on her floor by the end of her bed. Her soft breaths could be heard and all I thought about was to get into bed beside her. After placing the plastic bag down on her neat desk I heard ruffling behind me. My body stiffened and my eyes widened as I slowly turned around and saw Heesung sitting up on her bed. She was rubbing her eyes while her dark hair was covering her face. A groan was heard as she looked up, her eyes meeting mine. “Baekhyun…?” Her voice was hoarse and faint when she called my name.

    “Y-Yes?” I answered and instantly feeling like a creep for sneaking into her room like this.

    “What…” She coughed and I immediately went to her side, kneeling down on the floor beside her bed. “What are you doing here?” She asked.

    “I’m visiting you.” I reached up and brushed her hair back, away from her face. When my hand touched her face I could feel how warm her skin was. “Sehun told us that you were sick… You got a fever.” I frowned.

    “Oh…” She rubbed her eye lazily. “Yeah…” Now that I noticed it, she was wearing my striped sweater I lent her after New Years. Her right shoulder was exposed to me and my face felt a bit warmer as well. It made me happy that she was using my sweater, heck she looked good in all the shirts I’ve ever lent her.

    “I told you that one day you’d get sick from wearing all those thin clothes.” I told her with a frown, yet my blush didn’t seem to fade. “Now you’ve got a fever.” I let my hand rest on her forehead and felt how her skin warmed my palm. “Damn, you’re hot.”

    A small weak smile formed on her lips. “You’re not that bad yourself.” She said and that was when I realized what I just said. “Aish…” I muttered.

    I looked at her face while my own was heating up even more. Her gray eyes looked dull and tired, even in the dim light I could see her dark circles under her eyes and her already pale skin looked paler than ever. “I’m sorry.” She muttered and I raised my eyebrows. “For what?”

    “Getting sick…”She coughed and quickly covered with the inside of her elbow. “Well…” I reached up and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. “It is your fault that you kept dressing thin, especially now when it’s winter. But you don’t have to apologize…”

    “It’s best if you don’t stay too long… You might get sick.”

    “I don’t care.” I told her and got on my feet. “I’m staying for a while.” I made my way to her desk where the plastic bag was.

    “But-“ I turned around and looked at her, her big gray eyes looked right into mine and I gulped.

    “I bought you something.” I said and took the vitamin water out from the bag and gave it to her when I went back to her side. She looked at me with raised eyes when I held it out to her, why was my face heating up? If this keeps up anymore I’ll be the one with a fever.

    “W-What?” I asked when she didn’t take it at first.

     Her big eyes blinked at me before she reached her hand up and took it from my hands. Her lips formed a smile when she looked back at me from the bottle. “Watermelon is my favorite fruit…” She told me in her hoarse voice. My eyebrows rose. “Really?” Seemed like luck is on my side! I cheered in my head. “Yeah.” She nodded and was about to twist the cap open but it looked like she was struggling. Her expression turned a bit embarrassed when she looked up at me. “I’m sorry… It’s just when I’m sick I get really weak…” She confessed to me and slowly held the bottle up towards me.

    I couldn’t help but chuckle when I took the bottle from her hands and twisted the cap open with ease before returning it too her. “The lady at the supermarket sends her regards.” I remembered and she smiled before taking a small sip from the water.

    “Hmm.” She hummed and smiled for herself before she took another sip. “It’s yummy, thank you Baekhyun.” She smiled up at me and my heart skipped a beat. Holy-

    She told me that I could sit next to her on her bed, when I declined she kept persuading me to sit next to her and I just gave in and sat next to her as she struggled to move closer to her wall. “You look good in that sweater.” I commented after she took another sip of the water. She looked down at her body. “Yeah… I’m sorry that I’m spreading my germs on it. I promise to wash it before I give it back.” Her voice was much clearer now than before but still a bit hoarse and faint. I shook my head. “No, keep it.”

    She paused mid air, about to take another sip but looked at me with wide eyes. “No, Baekhyun I can’t-“

    “Yes you can.” I interrupted her. “You look better in it than me anyway.” I smiled and I don’t know but I thought I saw a light shade of pink appear on her pale cheeks. “Thank you…” She muttered before taking a sip from her water.

    “Can you put this on my night stand please?” She asked and held the bottle towards me. After placing it on her nightstand she sat with her legs crossed with a long pillow in her lap that she was hugging. “How’s school going?” She asked and leaned her chin on her pillow.

    “Good I guess. Have to get used to studying and all that again.” I laughed. “Ugh, studying…”

    “But that’s how we got to know each other.” She said and looked at me with a smile on her lips. I blinked at her.

    “Right, study dates.” I grinned remembering those first memories I had with her. “You were a bit creepy back then...”

    “Can still be…”

    I laughed while she just smiled. “I’m still a bit tired...” A yawn escaped her lips and she placed the pillow back close to the headboard. “Then rest.” I told her.

    “Lay with me for a while…” She said as she rubbed her eyes with the hands. “But you might get si-“

    “I don’t care.” My answer came so quick that when she looked at me surprised my face began heating up again. “I mean-“ She just giggled and shook her head.

    “You can remove your blazer and tie if you want.”

    As I was about to pull my blazer of my body her hands reached forward and grabbed my tie, untying it slowly. “Oh, undressing me I see.” I joked and just rolled her eyes before lightly slapping me on my arm. “Don’t.”

    Laughing, I ed the three first buttons of my white shirt before lying down next to her. We both got under the covers, both facing each other. “Are you sure you don’t mind getting sick?” She asked, her voice slightly muffled because she had pulled the thick duvet all the way up to her nose. I shook my head. “Nope. I don’t mi-“

    “Good.” Was all she said before moving closer to me. Her actions surprised me, especially when she snuggled up close to my chest. Her warm breath hit my neck sending shivers throughout my body and I didn’t think twice when I held her against me.

    I don’t know how long we laid like that but I assumed she was sleeping since she hadn’t said anything else. Her calm breath was heard and from time to time she’d move just a little before remaining still again. I was rubbing my hand up and down the small of her back while leaning my head onto hers when she moved just a bit again. “Baekhyun…?” Her faint voice called my name. “Yes?” I whispered an answer.

    She didn’t say anything for a while so I assumed she just fell back as sleep after knowing I’m still here but then she said. “I don’t know what to do…” Her voice grew fainter so I had to strain myself to hear here.

    “What?” I asked and furrowed my eyebrows. What was she talking about?

    “I-“ She snuggled ever closer to me, her warm forehead was leaning onto my neck while her breath was hitting my collarbones. I thought that I felt her grip my shirt as well but I’m not sure. “Hee-“ My eyes widened from the next thing she said even if it was barely audible my ears caught every single word that made my heart stop beating.

     

    “I think I’m falling for you…”

___________________________

A/N I apologize for any wrongs in this chapter ! Omg, chapter 60 I- i don't know what to feel...

    I hope that you all like this chapter, and i just have to say that this fic will be ending soon. When, i don't know. I'm note sure how many chapters there'll be left until this ends but it might be less than 70 chapters, that i'm sure of !

Please comment and subscribe !! Every word means alot to me, and hello new subbies ! ^^Glad that you read this far without tiring /bows.