Fix, fix, fix

Playing the player

Like you said, you didn’t come to school the next day.

Baekhyun told the boys this morning that he couldn’t do anything this weekend since he was expecting you to come over. He said that he had to study to catch up but of course, Chanyeol didn’t believe him. Suho helped him get away with it since he knew how much Baekhyun had troubles with the subjects now that he had changed class.

Class had ended for the day and the teacher wished us to have a great weekend. Hurrying out of class he headed to his locker opening it and eyed his books.

Which ones should I take home? He stood there pondering about which ones he needed to work on the most.

After thinking about it for a while he still didn’t know. Taking out his phone he clicked the message button and started typing.

__________________

I just ended! ^o^

But I don’t know what books I should take home! :C

__________________

A reply from you came almost immediately.

_________________

From: H

Which subjects do you have most trouble with?

__________________

… All of them … ><”

______________

From: H

Then bring everything home.

______________

Are you sure?!

_______________

From: H

Your choice.

_______________

 

Baekhyun slid his phone back into his pocket and grabbed his bag. He had a few books at home already but he didn’t know if the rest would fit in his bag. Deciding too carry a few of them, If he must he started placing them in his bag.

While trying to zip his bag closed a voice interrupted him.

“Wow, that much too catch up eh?”

Suho was leaning on the locker beside his while eyeing his now filled bag. Baekhyun chuckled and heaved his heavy bag on his back, letting out a groan.

“If you need any help you can just give me a call, ok?” He said and Baekhyun nicely declined his hyungs offer.

“No, it’s ok. I’ll manage.” He said, not wanting to say that he’s going to be tutored by someone else.

 

Suho shrugged before straightening himself. “Ok, then. I’ll see you Monday. Good luck!”

Suho turned around and left for his class leaving the boy. Baekhyun grabbed the book that couldn’t fit in his bag before closing his locker and locking it.

“See you on Monday!” A couple of girls said as they walked passed him giggling. Baekhyun awkwardly bid them good bye as well before he headed to the stairs.

 

His shoulders started to feel sore half way home and his knees started to ache. He wondered if he’d be able to make it home without falling over. Panting he managed too.

 

Once he got home he threw his heavy bag and the book he was holding on his bed before falling over beside it. He was sweaty and needed a shower. But before he did he fished his phone out from his pocket and looked for your number before hitting call.

Trying to stop panting and sounding normal he put his phone to his ear. You answered on the third ring.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hey! How are you?” He asked and sat up. ing his blazer with one hand.

“Fine.”

Baekhyun sighed after he managed to take his blazer off. “You’re supposed to ask me ‘how about you’ now.” He chuckled. “Like I told you in the café remember?”

At first there was silence and for a moment Baekhyun thought that you had hung up.

“How about you?” You asked and Baekhyun smiled.

“I’m tired and my shoulders hurt.” He complained. “I brought all my books home with me…” He strolled around his room looking around his room thinking about how to fix the mess. “Was that ok?”

“I told you that it was your choice.”

Baekhyun nodded to himself. Yes, it was his choice. He walked out of his room to get a laundry basket to put his dirty laundry in.

“Yeah, I know. But won’t you get annoyed that it’s too much?” He asked as he started to pick clothes up from the floor, throwing them into the basket. He was worried that it might be too much for one day. He could of course ask you too come back Sunday but he wasn’t so sure about asking you that yet.

“That’s your choice as well.”

Nodding to himself not really understanding what you meant he threw a pair of jeans into the basket making It tumble and hit the wall making a slight thump.

“What are you doing?” You asked.

Baekhyun blinked in surprise that you had heard that. “Uh… Cleaning…” He mumbled feeling his cheeks heat up. He had just confessed that he was cleaning his room. Would you notice that he was doing it to make a good impression on you?

“Oh, really?” A slight hint of amusement was heard in your voice and Baekhyun wondered if he was just hearing things.

Baekhyun had almost finished picking all his clothes up from the floor. With a still heated face he bent down on the floor to check under his bed.

“Yeah, uh …” He didn’t know what else too say since he still was too embarrassed. After checking that nothing was under his bed he got up but only too collide with his bedside table.

“Gah!” He grabbed the top of his head as he slowly got up and leaned onto his bed. He rubbed the place he had hit and hissed in pain.

“What happened?” You asked calmly.

“I just hit my head…” He mumbled, his head still in pain. When you didn’t answer he said.

“You’re supposed to ask me how I feel.” He whined and sat down on his bed, still rubbing the top of his head.

“Why?”

His mouth fell agape. “Because we’re friends!” He complained. “You’re supposed to care about how I feel! Specially if I just hurt my self…”

“Are you ok?” You asked with no hint of emotion at all in your voice.

“It hurt. But now it’s slowly going away.” He stood up feeling slightly sad that you didn’t sound more caring. “Thank you for asking.”

“You’re welcome.”

He couldn’t help but shake his head. He really needed to teach you how to socialize more. “Heesung, is it ok if I put our conversation on speaker?” He asked and picked his now filled laundry basket. “It’s kind of hard too clean and hold onto a phone at the same time.” He walked back into his room after dropping the basket in the laundry room. “I’m alone at home so it’s ok. No one will hear.” He reassured you.

“Sure.” Still no emotion in your voice what so ever. He put your conversation on speaker and placed his phone on his desk where he took a seat on his chair.

“Can you hear me?” He asked, checking so that it was working as he started to clear his desk.

“Yes.”

“Great!”

He looked through pieces of useless paper and crumpled them before throwing them in his wastebasket that was beside his desk.

“So what are you doing?” He asked, trying to start a conversation.

“In the café.” You answered and Baekhyuns eyes widened while he started sorting his pencils in a cup.

“Aren’t you supposed to be home resting?”

“The tea here makes me feel better.” You said and he heard you take a sip of a drink, probably the tea. Baekhyun nodded to himself unconsciously taking note that you like the tea from Two Moons when you’re sick.

“What kind of tea?” He asked and threw away useless small stuff he found, like

“Black current.” Once again he nodded to himself.

“It’s getting cold.” He stated while placing the cup of his now neatly stacked pens inside beside his wooden paper sorter. Which was basically empty.

“I know.”

“Are you dressed warm?” He asked not wanting you to get worse since he actually wanted you to make it tomorrow. “You might get worse…” He mumbled and felt his face heat up once more.

“I am. Thank you.”

“Th-That’s good.” He stuttered and hurried too clear his desk out. Throwing empty wrappers and other useless stuff.

“Uh.” Baekhyun said as he stood up and eyed his now visible desk. “I’ll give you a call tomorrow? Before noon?” He asked and picked his phone up turning the speaker mode off.

“Sure.”

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

“Yeah.”

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “Bye.”

“Hm.” You were the one that hung up. Baekhyun sighed and threw his phone on his bed where it bumped into his bag. He looked around his room. He had gotten rid of all the clothes and cleared his desk. He needed to dust, vacuum and air his room. Baekhyun walked out of his room to the living room. The kitchen was fairly tidy but he needed to throw away the empty ramen cups that were scattered here and there. On the living room couch he just needed to fix the messy cushions and his blanket that he uses when he watches movies.

He walked to the door hallway and sighed once he saw how messy he and his brothers jackets hung and how his shoes were misplaced and not on the shoe rack.

“Ok, then…” He muttered to himself before he rolled his sleeves up.

 

 

 

You had just hung up on Baekhyun and took another sip of your tea. You had been talking to him for a while, while he was cleaning his room. Of course you had known that he was cleaning for tomorrow, it was kind of obvious. What boy doesn’t start cleaning when a girl is about to come over?

“And who were you talking too?”

You looked up and Yongguk stood there grinning. Rolling your eyes at him you answered.

“I assume that you already know.”

He chuckled. “Planning for your study date?”

“It’s not a study date.” You corrected him.

“If you say so.” He chuckled before leaving you again.

Sighing, you ran a hand through your long hair before picking up your cup of tea and finished it. Standing up and grabbing your bag you walked towards the bar where Kevin stood and fixed glasses while Yongguk was on a break.

“Oh, hey!” He greeted you and smiled when he saw you heading towards him.

You smiled back and took a seat on one of the bar stools. “Was the tea alright?” He asked while wiping the counter in front of you.

“Of course.” You answered and leaned your elbows on the counter.

“Are you feeling better?”

You nodded and watched as he turned his back on you and placed a few glasses on the shelf. “That’s great!” He smiled when he faced you again. You notiched that Kevin always smiled whenever you saw him, always looking so happy with whatever he was doing and it felt like he made the café a little happier with his smiles. The cafés customers have also increased with females since Kevin had started working here. Of course they also came for Yongguk, your brother and Daehyun but Kevin was known as the fresh newbie. You’ve been wondering if he’s noticed that the female customers hit him on constantly since he acts the same around all of them.

“Anything I can get you?” He asked and stood in front of you with a smile. You thought for a while, Kevin waiting patiently.

“A glass of water?” You tilted your head to the side and smiled. The boy flushed before nodding and disappeared into the kitchen.

Giggling you waited patiently and waited for your water. You were thinking about your study session with Baekhyun tomorrow, thinking about if it’d go ok or not. It wasn’t like you were nervous or anything but it worried you if anyone in school saw you or any of his friends.

“Here’s your water.” Kevin interrupted your thoughts and placed a tall glass filled with ice-cold water in front of you.

“Ah, thank you.” You smiled before taking a sip, the coldness sending a shiver down your spine.

“You’re welcome.” He flashed another smile at you. He stood silent for a while. “It’s getting colder…” He said, starting a conversation with you.

You nodded agreeing with him. “Yeah, it’s closing into fall.”

This time he nodded. “I know!” He smiled. “It’s soon my birthday!” He said happily.

You raised your eyebrows. “Oh, really?” He nodded like a little child.

“Yeah! 25th November!”

You smiled at his childish behavior right now. “And you’re turning?” To be honest, you don’t even know how old he is.

“22.” He answered and you blinked in surprise. He wasn’t that much older that you but you seriously thought that he was younger.

“I congratulate you in advance.” You said and his smile widened.

“Thank you!”

“Kevin!” Yongguks voice called for the boy as he walked towards the both of you. “My break’s over. You can head back to the floor.” He smiled at the boy and Kevin nodded before leaving you with Yongguk.

“You know.” Yongguk started. “Himchan ships the two of you.” He whispered the last part and looked at you.

“I kind of figured that out yesterday.” You sighed and leaned your chin in your hand.

“But I think you and that other guy look better together.” He teased and stepped back incase you decided to throw your glass at him.

“Oppa!” You whined and he just chuckled. “I’m telling the truth though. But if you decide on Kevin.” He shrugged. “Fine with me.”

Rolling your eyes you took your glass of water and stood up deciding to sit in the dressing rooms instead, not wanting to deal with Yongguks teasing.

 

 

Baekhyun slumped in his couch and breathed out. He had just finished vacuuming the whole place, even the loft, dusted his room, his window slightly open to air too and his kitchen was sparkling clean. He had used stuff from the cleaning closet that he’s never used before since it’s always been him that cleans. He also had to search a few of the products online since he didn’t know what they did.

Smiling to himself he was satisfied with his first time cleaning. Getting up from his couch he headed to the bathroom deciding that I was time to take a shower.

 

 

“So, what’s your plan for tomorrow?” Himchan asked as you got into the car. Yongguk was sitting in the passenger seat beside your brother. The café just closed for the day and everyone had already left. Kevin ended a little earlier than your brother and Yongguk but before he left he made sure to bid you good by first.

“I’m going to Baekhyuns for a study session.” You reminded him as he started the engine and began driving.

“Like that or your school self?” Yongguk asked and put his phone away.

“As if I’d ever meet him like this.” You scoffed and leaned back in your seat.

Yongguk shrugged. “I’d love to see his reaction though if you did.” He chuckled for himself.

You didn’t bother saying anything else and faced your attention to the window. It’s getting darker too as it’s getting cold. You heard your phone vibrate in your bag and fished it out only too see a text from Baekhyun.

________________

From: Annoying Baekhyun.

Just reminding you that I’ll give you a call before noon tomorrow! C: I’m going to sleep now… Really tired ;A; I don’t know why >< I’ll see you tomorrow! ^o^

______________________

It was barely ten and the boy was going to bed already. Raising an eyebrow you clicked reply.

_______________

Good night.

______________________

You put your phone back in your bag and glanced up, only to see Yongguk looking back with a sly smirk on his face.

“What?” You asked in an annoyed tone.

“Nothing.” He chimed and faced forward again, the smirk still on his face.

“What’s going on?” You brother asked as he stopped by a red light. He faced Yongguk. “What’s with the smirk?”

“Just wondered who Heesung’s been texting the whole day.” Yongguk answered and stifled a laugh. Your eyes widened as your brother looked at your through the rear view mirror.

“Heesung?” Your brothers voice hard. 

“Dude, drive! You’re holding up the whole line!” Yongguk scolded and your brother hit the gas pedal forcing Yongguk and you too fall back on your seats.

“Don’t overreact bro.” Yongguk started as your brother slightly calmed down. “She’s just planning with that Baekhyun guy about tomorrow.”

He looked back at you. “Right?” You nodded and rubbed your temple.

“They were talking about it before.” He continued and your eyes widened.

“Talking? Talking?! So he calls you now Heesung?!” Your brother increased the cars speed. You sighed and didn’t answer as Yongguk tried calming your brother down. Fishing your phone and headphones out of your bag you raised the volume of your music, not wanting to listen to the two bickering in front of you.

You felt like a child in the back seat while Himchan and Yongguk were the parents that were bickering in the front seats. Closing your eyes you couldn’t wait until you got home.