31

Playing the player

After you woke Baekhyun up he walked out of his room and saw you peeking out of his living room curtains. “Heesung?” He yawned and walked towards you with sleepy steps.

He stood behind you and looked out as well. Baekhyun gasped when he saw that the ground was covered with thick snow. It wasn’t snowing but everything outside looked so much lighter.

“Whoa.”

You nodded. “It snowed a lot over night. “ You said and looked up at Baekhyun.

The two of you stood there by his window and looked at the ground-covered snow. No footprints were seen making the snow glitter even prettier.

“Shall I start singing ‘Frozen’?” He whispered and you quickly slapped him on the arm.

“Don’t you dare.” You said and walked away, heading to the kitchen where you had placed food on the table.

You heard Baekhyun chuckling behind you. When he took a seat on the table he noticed that you had placed a plate in front of him. Since you started staying with him he hasn’t once, eaten breakfast with you.

“You’re eating with me?” He asked as he sliced his bacon. You nodded.

“I’m planning to go to school today.”

“Really?”

You nodded once again. Baekhyun tried to stop smiling at the thought of him going to school with you. But you suddenly broke him out of that thought.

“But we shouldn’t be seen walking to school together.”

His smile suddenly fell. “Why not?”

You gave him a ‘really?’ look on your face. “Because what if Kai sees us?” You used that as an excuse, although that was part of the reason.

“It feels weird.” He mumbled. “My friends girlfriend is staying here with me and he doesn’t even know about it.”

“Yupp.”

“Hm.” He continued eating.

 

Baekhyun walked out of his room all ready to go to school while you were sitting on the sofa, still in his shirt.

“Well, I’m leaving now.” He said and pulled his jacket on.

You got up and opened the door for him. “I’ll see you later.” He said and waved good bye.

“Bye.”

After he left you closed and locked the door after him and made your way towards the loft where you would start getting ready for school.

 

 

 

Baekhyun walked in class and saw you sitting in your usual seat. How did she get here before me? He didn’t see you pass the hallways on the way to the classrooms. And he just arrived at school a few minutes ago.

He walked towards you and took his usual seat. “It’s been a while seeing you sitting there.” He mentioned and you turned to him.

“It has, hasn’t it?”

It had been awhile since Baekhyun saw you in your school uniform with your usual messy bun on top of your head. He was getting used to seeing you without it already and almost forgot how you looked like with it.

 

 

After class, when you walked out of the classroom to head to your locker you were met with Kai who looked like he was waiting for you.

“Hey, babe!” He greeted you and smiled.

“Hey.” You greeted him and smiled back. He leaned down and pressed is lips on yours.

Baekhyun just walked out of the classroom but quickly looked away when he saw the kissing in front of him. He suddenly remembered that you were his friends ‘girlfriend’. He had almost forgotten about it when you had been staying with him.

You and Kai laughed about something and before you parted from eachother. Baekhyun walked towards his friend. “Heesung’s back.” Kai said and sighed out.

“Yeah…” Baekhyun agreed.

 “I have to spend more time with her in the next coming weeks.” He stopped and waited as Baekhyun opened his locker. “Then I’ll have to break up with her.

“Have you thought about how?” Baekhyun asked and leaned on his locker. He tried not to stutter while he acted with his friend.

“Chanyeol and I are thinking about it.” Kai looked past his friend. “Speaked of the giant.”

“Ayo waddup!?” Chanyeol came from behind Baekhyun and slung his arm over the shorter ones shoulder.

“Hey, man.” Kai greeted him with a handshake. Baekhyun tried desperately to get his heavy arm off him.

“Goodmorning.” Suho arrived with D.O and Sehun beside him.

 

 

During lunchtime Kai wasn’t with them since he was busy with you. Baekhyun wondered what you were doing with him while he ate. He didn’t want to bump into you and Kai kissing or anything in the hallways later. He didn’t want to see either. He didn’t like it when he saw you and Kai so close to eachother.

Your stay with him had made him think about a lot of stuff that has happened since the bet started. Even before that, when he asked you to show him the way towards the café. That was the first time the two of you spoke to eachother.

He had to admit that quite a lot had happened during that time til’ now.

His thoughts were interuppted when Kai arrived at the table with a wide smile on his lips.

“And what are you smiling for?” Chanyeol grinned and wriggled his eyes brows.

“Well…” Kai fidgeted in his seat. “I got this note.”

“A note? Like a love note?” Suho rolled is eyes. “Kai, you’ve gotten a lot of those before…”

“But this one is different.” He said and rummaged through his pocket and picked out a white piece of paper that was folded in half. “It’s from Hyorin.”

“Hyorin?!” Chanyeol stared at his friend with wide eyes. “How did she put it there?”

“She wrote that a friend she knew goes in this school.” He said and folded up the note.

“What does it say?” D.O asked.

Kai cleared his throat before he began to read. “Annyeong, Kai-shi~” He grinned as he faked a high-pitched voice to match a girl. “I was wondering if you’d like to meet up today after you end school?” His grin widened. “I’ll be waiting by the entrance of the mall.”

“Duuuuude.” Chanyeol placed his hand on Kais shoulder.

“… You’re treating the food.” He chuckled. “And then she drew two hearts and her name.” He said and placed the piece of paper back in his pocket.

“Did she just ask me out on a date or what?” Kai stretched his arms out on his sides acting all mighty with a wide grin.

“Go dude, go!” Chanyeol encouraged his friend while patting his back.

“Just make sure you don’t get caught by Heesung.” Baekhyun mentioned, really meaning it. He wondered what you’d do if you found out Kai was cheating with you, with like half the schools female population.

“Oh, yeah.” Kai nodded.

 

 

 

“Are you going to the café later?” Baekhyun asked once he sat down beside you on the last class of the day.

“I need to do an errand first.” You answered and turned to him. “But I will. Later.”

He nodded. “I have a favour to ask you.” You mumbled. Baekhyuns ears perked up and he faced you again.

“I’m listening.” He smiled and you rolled your eyes behind your lenses.

“I don’t know if it’s to much to ask you.”

“No, no.” He kept his smile on.

“I wanted to ask if you could help me with the café…” You mumbled and he blinked with wide eyes. He couldn’t answer since the teacher just walked in and began the class immediately.

 

 

“I can help.” He whispered when the teacher turned his back against the class.

“Are you sure?”

“Just tell me what to do.”

 

 

 

After school Baekhyun and D.O followed you to the café. The two of you met D.O on the way out of school and you took the chance of asking him for help as well and he gladly agreed. Although Baekhyun became a little grumpy because of that but decided to ignore it anyway.

 

The three of you entered through the backdoor and you were met with a topless Jongup who was about to put on his white dress shirt.

“Oh, noona!” He greeted you with a hug while his shirt was still unbottuned. Baekhyun and D.O were surprised how you didn’t mind it at all. While you placed your bag on a table you went towards the lockers and unlocked two of them.

“You guys can use these today.” You said and waved your hands towards the open lockers. “I hope the uniforms in there are going to fit.”

Jongup turned around while he was buttoning his red vest. “They’re going to help out today?”

You nodded. “Yeah, can you just go and tell the others to come here for a quick meeting?” Jongup nodded and headed for the door.

“There are not a lot of people here yet so I can keep watch of the café first.” He offered before he left.

Baekhyun and D.O place their bags in the lockers and were ing their blazers when your staff suddenly walked in.

“What is it noona?” Zelo asked and took a seat on a chair. “Wait, you guys?” He pointed towards Baekhyun and D.O. “Don’t tell me that other one is here!” He was about to get up from his seat but you raised a hand making him slowly sit back down.

“These two are going to help out today.” You said and gestured towards the two. “Kevin can you and-“ You looked around the room. “Where’s Daehyun?” You asked.

And just in time the back door opened and a panting Daehyun walked in. “S-Sorry, I’m late!” He said and placed his bag on the table. “Was a bit of a traffic down the road.” He said.

“Hey, hyung!” Zelo waved and Daehyun lazily waved back while he headed for his locker on the other side and opened it.

“You’re just in time.” You said. “Don’t worry I won’t file this.” He smiled and thanked before he started to remove his layers of tops.

“As I was saying.” You adjusted you glasses. “Kevin and Daehyun will help Baekhyun around and teach him how everything works.” Kevin nodded and Baekhyun couldn’t believe you just paired him up with the guy he didn’t like. So, Kevin’s his name huh? Baekhyun eyed the other blonde boy, Daehyun. I guess I’ll just stick to him…

“New rookies?” Daehyun asked as he pulled his dress shirt on.

You shook your head. “No, just helping today.”

You turned to D.O.” D.O-shi, can you cook?” You asked and he raised his eyebrows.

“Well, yeah. I guess.” He muttered and Baekhyun nudged his friends arm.

“D.O, cooks hella well!” He said and chuckled.

“Alright then. I’ll leave you in the hands of Youngjae-shi.” You gestured towards another blonde boy that had a towel over his shoulder just like yesterday. “Can you teach him a few of our dishes?”

Youngjae nodded and smiled. “Ofcourse boss. By the way, I wrote stuff on paper just like you told me.”

“We’ll talk about it as soon as we’re done here.” You looked at everyone around the room. “This is all clear for you?”

“Yes, boss!” They all saluted and smiled.

“Arasso!” You turned to D.O and Baekhyun. “I’ll leave you in the hands of them til’ I get back.”

Suddenly Jongup walked in. “We need more waiters! People are coming!”

“We’re coming hyung!” Zelo stood up and walked passed Jongup towards the kitchen.

“Daehyun, you’re in charge til’ I come back ok?”

Daehyun nodded and checkied his tie and name badge in the mirror. “Yes, boss!”

“You two just change clothes into the ones in your lockers. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask anyone here.”

“Wow.” Baekhyun gaped. “You really do sound like a boss.”

D.O nodded beside him. “Impressive, really.”

“Why thank you.” You gave them a short nod.

“Daehyun, can you fix name tags for them as well?” Daehyun nodded once more, as he was busy styling his hair infront of the mirror.

 

 

Baekhyun was wearing the waiters uniform while D.O was given a white chef shirt for the kitchen. His collar was red and there were two red stripes around his sleeves while he buttons were golden. Once they were done they walked out the door and into the kitchen where Youngjae was busy frying. “Ah, D.O, right?” He asked and pointed at D.O who nodded. Youngjae was wearing a chef’s coat that had a black collar and black cuffs paired with black pants.

“Ok, come here and we’ll start cooking.” D.O walked towards Youngjae and was was given an apron to tie around himself.

“Good luck!” D.O said the Baekhyun.

“You too!”

“Baekhyun-shi, you can just go out and I think Daehyun will tell you what to do.” Youngjae waved towards the door as he was pouring something into a bowl.

Baekhyun nodded and walked out of the other door. Daehyun stood behind the bar and turned around. “Come here!” He told Baekhyun and the boy walked towards him.

Daehyun handed him a small notebook and a pen that he’d use to write down orders with. He then pulled him towards the side of the bar.

 “Ok, first you’re going to stand by the door and greet customers that walk in.” He pointed at the front door where Zelo was standing with his hands behind his back. “Then you’re going to check how many they are and say ‘Table for hmhm.”

Baekhyun nodded. “Every table here is kind off organized. Two seaters there, three seaters, four, the sofas, corner tables and then the ones for almost ten people.” Daehyun pointed around the room to all the different tables and Baekhyun tried his best to remember where everything is. “Then you hand them the menus that you’ll get from that shelf where Zelo is standing.” He pointed behind Zelo where menus were stacked on top of eachother. “You’ll get as many as there are guests, ok?” Baekhyun nodded once more.

“After you hand them their menus you’re going to say ‘Take you’re time and I’ll be right back’. Then smile and walk away.”

“’Take you’re time and I’ll be right back.” Baekhyun repeated and nodded.

“Then you can go around and help other customers or go back to the door. If you need any help Kevin, Zelo and Jongup are around here as well.”

“What do you do then?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well i’m currently a stand in bartender and of course I help around as well.”

“Oh.”

“After a while when you’re customers looks ready to order you go back and write down what they want. I don’t have time to teach you the shortcuts of the words but just make sure you right them down fast and neat.”

“Fast and neat.” Baekhyun nodded and breathed out.

“Then when you’re done you bow and say that their food is going to be ready soon. Walk away and head for the kitchen where you give Youngjae the note. He’ll tell you how long it’ll take and you better be back when he’s done.”

“Ok, then.” Baekhyun nodded.

“And you know what…?” Daehyun leaned in and whispered.

“What?” Baekhyun whispered back, curious.

“If you do this well and I see it, I’ll give Heesung great feedback.”

Baekhyuns eyes slightly widened. “W-What’ll happen if you give me good feedback?” He asked, really curious now.

“She might reward you.” Daehyun grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. “Her brother gave me good feedback when I started and I got rewarded.” He shrugged naturally.

“What did she give you?” Baekhyun asked.

Daehyun leaned in closer. “I don’t know if you’ll find it stupid or not but I liked it.”

“What did she give you?” Baekhyun asked eagerly.

Daehyun looked around them as if he was checking if someone was listening before he whispered. “A kiss on the cheek.”

And that was all it took to make Baekhyun heat up and turn as red as his bow tie he was wearing. Daehyun chuckled and patted the boys shoulder. “Go on and go to Zelo, he’ll help you as well.”

Baekhyun just nodded and slowly made his way towards the said boy. He tried calming himself down from what he just heard but he could still feel that his cheeks were warm.

“You ok?” The tall boy asked and raised and eyebrow at Baekhyun who made his way towards him.

“Huh? Yeah, yeah.” Baekhyun cleared his throat and stood beside him. “I’m fine.”

“Nervous?”

“A bit.” He confessed. I have to do this good.

“Did Daehyun-hyung tell you what to do?” Zelo asked and Daehyun nodded.

“I’m Zelo by the way.” He said and grinned while he held a hand out.

“Baekhyun.” They shook hands.

“Can I call you hyung?” Zelo asked making Baekhyun chuckle.

“Sure, why not.”

Jus then the door opened making a small ring and both Zelo and Baekhyun turned to the door. A couple just walked in and Zelo walked towards them to greet them. Baekhyun watched intently as Zelo grabbed two menus and led them to a table by the wall, where there were only two seats.

Baekhyun breathed out and slightly shook his body. “I can do this.” He mumbled to himself just as the door opened once more.

 

 

You on the other hand were sitting on the bus on the way to the mall. You picked up your pocket mirror from your purse and checked your makeup. When Baekhyun and D.O were done changing it was your turn to change as well. You were wearing skintight denim jeans with knee high brown boots that had heels. Under your trench coat you had a white dress shirt on.

Getting off the bus you hurried towards the entrance and entered the mall while you eyed the place for Kai. When you didn’t see him you walked towards a bench to sit and wait for him.

When everyone was having lunch you took the opportunity to place that note in his locker and just wait. You had to meet him as Hyorin a few more times before he’ll end the bet.

Checking your watch you saw that Kai’s class had just ended thirty minutes before so you just had to wait for a while. Just then you felt someone wrap their arm around your shoulders making you whip your head to your side.

“Have you been waiting long?” Kai asked and smiled at you.

You breathed out and miled back. “Not at all.”

“I have to admit. I got a little surprised when I got your note.”

“Oh, really?”

“Who is it that you know in my school?” He asked.

“I don’t think you know that person.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.” You smiled making him smile back.

“So I guess you just asked me out on a date?”

“If you want it to be a date.” You answered and stood up, him following.

“Then it’s a date.” He grinned. “Now how about we eat first?”

 

 

You acted lke you had a fun time with Kai during your ‘date’ with him. He treated you to some restaurant in the mall and you two talked the whole time. He seemed to enjoy himself though while you just nodded and smiled to everything he said.

Ofcourse some flirting went on between the two of you and you had to admit. Sometimes, Kai was just smooth like butter. You two even held hands while you walked around and Kai couldn’t help but feel deja vú everytime the two of you touched. He didn’t know why but it felt so familiar, he couldn’t just set a foot on why.

After a few hours you told him that you had to leave due to work. He asked if he should take you there but you nicely declined his offer. He followed you to the exit of the mall were most of the bus stops were where he stood and waited with you.

“You know, instead of giving me notes, how about I get your number?” He asked and looked down at you.

You jokingly scoffed. “Will I be getting a few calls from you then?”

“I’ll be calling you every day.” He grinned and you lightly slapped him on the arm, your inner self-wanting to slap him harder but you didn’t.

You craned your neck and saw that the bus was approaching. “My bus is here.” You said and Kai grimaced.

“When will I be seeing you again?” He asked.

You tip toed up so you were almost face-to-face to him and just smiled. “How about I send you another note?” Then you lightly planted a kiss on his lips taking him by surprise but he just wrapped his arms around you and deepened the kiss.

The two of you parted once the bus came to a stop and he slowly let go off you. “Then I’ll be waiting.” He said and grinned while you got on the bus. You took a seat in the back and looked out the window where Kai was standing.

He waved at you when he saw the bus starting to drive away and you gave him a flirty wink back.

 

 

Tying your hair up in a high pony tail and putting a pair of glasses on you fixed your dress shirt and folded the sleeves up to your elbows. Tying the white apron around your hips you swiped it with your hands and checked yourself in the mirror. Walking back to your locker you took out a small bottle of perfume and sprayed some on your neck and wrists.

Placing your small notebook and pen in the pocket of the apron you checked yourself in the mirror one last time before you nodded to yourself and walked to the kitchen.

“Oh, boss!” Youngjae smiled and greeted you. “How did your errands go?” He asked and carried the bowl he was mixing in towards you.

You smiled back. “It went fine.” You answered and looked around the kitchen. There were a few frying pans that were frying food on low heat and the ovens were on with pastires in them. “Where’s D.O?” You asked.

Right then D.O walked out of the pantry carrying a wooden box filled with fresh vegetables. He looked up and raised his eyebrows. “Oh, Heesung! You’re back!” He smiled as he placed the box on the counter. “How are you?”

“I’m fine.” You smiled back and nodded. “How are things going here?”

“Not bad, not bad.” Youngjae answered at the same time he was mixing dough in the bowl. “D.O-shi is a good cook.”

D.O smiled. “Thank you.”

“He’s getting used to how it works here in the kitchen.” Youngjae added. “He’s slowly learning to cook our dishes, and he’s good at frying. Food is going out fast.”

“Really? I’m glad to hear.” You nodded then turned to D.O. “How do you feel?”

“It’s actually really fun here.” He admitted and smiled at Youngjae who smiled back but then turned around to continue baking. “I’m learning a lot of stuff from him.”

“That’s great.” You smiled and he smiled back. “I’ll be going to check on he others. Keep the good work up D.O!”

You walked out from the kitchen and walked behind the bar towards Daehyun who looked up and saw you. “Hey, boss!” He greeted and smiled as he embraced you with one arm.

“How are things going here then?” You asked and turned towards the room where you saw your staff working.

“Things are going great actually.” He nodded. “Baekhyun is doing well, he’s learning.” He quicky pointed to the said boy who was writing down orders from a couple of girls in the middle. You knew the look the girls were giving him and you had to chuckle at how oblivious he looked about it.

“I kind of had to bribe him in the beginning though.” He whispered and chuckled sneakily.

“Bribe him with what?” You raised an eyebrow and looked at the mischievous boy.

“Well, I kind of used you.” He admitted making you raise both your eyebrows. “I told him that if he does well, I’ll give you good feedback about him.”

“And…?” You knew that, that wasn’t all of it.

“And that you’ll reward him.” He turned to you with a wide grin.

“Reward him with what?”

“A kiss on the cheek.” He snickered and raised his arms to protect himself from your hits when you gasped.

“Why did you saw that?!” You hissed and slapped him a couple of times on his arm and shoulder.

“I wanted to see how’s react!” He admitted and tried grabbing your hands that were still aiming for him.

“Boss?” Youngjaes’ voice was heard from behind you and you turned around while Daehyun rubbed his arm in pain.

You cleared your throat and placed your hands behind your back. “Yes?”

“We need some help in the kitchen.” He said and pointed towards the door. You nodded.

“I’ll be right there.” You quickly turned to Daehyun who quickly raised his arms in defence incase you’d hit him again. Frowning at him you just turned back and headed for the door.

“Was that Heesung?” Baekhyun asked as he approached Daehyun and handed him a note on a few drinks som customers want.

“Yeah, she just came back from her errands.” He answered and read the order before he turned around and picked out bottles of alcohol from the glass shelves.

“Oh.” Just then the door opened and you walked out while still talking to Youngjae. When you were done he walked back into the kitchen and you to the bar where Daehyun tried keeping his distance from you.

“Hey, Heesung!” Baekhyun greeted you with a smile.

“How’s it going? Learning much?”

He nodded. “Yeah, made a few mistakes in the beginning though but I’m getting used to this.” He admitted.

“Here.” Daehyun said and placed a tray with three different drinks on, on the counter. Baekhyun picked the tray up and bid you good-bye and you told him to keep the good work up. He smiled widely when you said ‘good work’ and you knew exactly why.

“He’s doing well.” Daehyun said and you slapped him on the arm, hard, making him yelp. Then you walked away to greet some customers as well.

“That hurt!” He yelled after you and rubbed his arm.

“Good!”

 

 

 

You were in the kitchen talking to Youngjae and D.O while they were cooking at the same time when Kevin walked in and gave Youngjae a note with a few orders. Youngjae read them and told Kevin to come back in about twenty minutes. Kevin nodded then greeted you and you greeted him back before he had to leave and take care of another table.

You watched how D.O was working with the frying and you saw that he actually was quite good with it. “You know boss it’d be fun if I did get a partner to work with in the kitchen.” Youngjae said as he placed noodles in a pot of boiling water. “Everything seems to be much faster as well.”

“You want D.O to work with you?” You asked making the said boy look up from the stove.

“Work here?” D.O asked.

“Yeah, if you can and want to of course.” Youngjae answered. “Part-time?” He looked at you.

You thought about it for a moment. “Depends on. What do you think D.O-shi?” You asked making the boy blink in thought.

“Well, I don’t know…” He mumbled. “I think I’d be able to actually… My mom’s been nagging me as well to look for a job.” He admitted.

“Well then!” Youngjae chuckled and stretched to get a bowl from the cupboard.

“We need to think about this a little more, ok? I’ll go and get changed.”

You walked away from them and headed for the dressing room. You decided that your shift had ended and it really didn’t seem like you were needed much in the café. Everything was under control and with D.O in the kitchen now; the food was coming out much faster than before.

Removing the apron around your hips you threw it in your locker then grabbed a dark red sweater that you pulled on. You fixed your white collar and your cuffs so they were seen then checked yourself one last time in the mirror before you walked back to the café.

You took a seat close to the wall and waited. “Heesung?” Just like you expected Baekhyun was the first one to approach you.

You looked up from your seat and saw the confused look on his face. “I’m going to be your customer right now.” You said and smiled.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. “O-Oh, ok.” He quickly left you and you watched as he grabbed a menu then came back and handed it to you.

“Take your time and I’ll be right back.” He smiled and bowed before he left. You nodded to yourself and began flipping through the menu.

After a few minutes Baekhyun came back and greeted you. “Have you decided what you want?” He asked and was ready with his small notebook and pen.

“Yes, I’ll have the Caesar salad and a glass of water please.” You answered and he quickly wrote it down.

“Anything else?”

“No, thank you.” You smiled and handed him the menu.

“You’re order will be ready in a few minutes.” He bowed and left you and headed to the kitchen. Just then Daehyun walked up to your table while carrying a tray of empty martini glasses he had to wash.

“So is he doing well or what?” He teased.

“I still can’t believe you said that…” You muttered and crossed your arms. Daehyun just chuckled.

“Well, it did actually work.” He said making you raise a brow. He rolled his eyes at you.

“Girl, seriously?” He shook his head before he left you slightly confused. What did he mean?

 

 

Baekhyun came back with your food and placed it in front of you. “Anything else?” He asked and you shook your head.

“No, thank you.” You answered and he smiled.

Jongup came up from behind him and patted Baekhyun on the shoulder. “You can go and take a break now if you want.” He said before he walked away.

Baekhyun sighed out and scratched his head. “Wanna sit with me?” You asked and he nodded and occupied the seat in front of you while you started eating.

“You know.” He said. “This is actually quite easy when you start getting used to it.” He admitted.

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, but I haven’t learned that much yet but so far so good.”

“That’s good to hear.” You said and placed another piece of chicken in your mouth.

“When do we close?” He asked and checked the clock that hung on the wall.

“In about two hours.” You took a sip from your water.

 “It’s Friday tomorrow…” He mumbled. “Any plans?”

Well, I need to open the club. “I have a few other errands to run for my brother tomorrow night.”

“Night?” Baekhyun leaned his forearms on the table. “You’re going to be gone during the night?”

“I won’t be out for long.” You said. “Just for a while.”

Baekhyun just nodded and thought about how it’ll be not seeing you tomorrow night.

“Come on Baekhyun.” You gestured for him to get up. “Go and continue working now, it’s only two more hours left.”

Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head as he got up and left you to go and wait by the door. Your phone vibrated in your pocket and you placed your glass down to check what you got.

It was as email from your brother, he was asking if you were going to open the club tomorrow night and you started to tye a reply back. You told him that you would and be there for a while before you’d leave the place in charge of Daehyun. Youngjae, Jongup and Kevin would be working as well and you had to remind Daehyun that the club isn’t supposed to be open to late tomorrow.

Finishing your salad and water you waited for a while then Jongup arrived and took your empty plate and glass to the kitchen.

 

 

After locking down the café and closing the light you walked back to the dressing room where everyone was getting ready to leave. Kevin had to leave earlier today so he was nowhere to be seen, which Baekhyun enjoyed.

“Thank you for your hard work today boys!” You said as you walked in and took a seat on one of the chairs. “Great job for both D.O and Baekhyun today as well.”

The two boys just smiled when you praised them. “Hyung, Zelo and I’ll be waiting in your car!” Jongup said and headed for the back door. “See you tomorrow boss!” Jongup waved and you waved back.

“Bye, noona!” Zelo smiled said as he followed his hyung to the door.

“Bye, Zelo!”

“Heesung, can we talk about the stocks in the kitchen?” Youngjae asked and you followed him to the kitchen. Baekhyun was left with Daehyun in the dressing room who was putting his shirt on.

“Good work today.” Daehyun said and zipped his sweater up. “Maybe next time I can teach you more about how being a waiter goes.”

“Sure, thing.” Baekhyun smiled.

After a few minutes you and Youngjae walked out of the kitchen. “Don’t worry Youngjae, I’ll be making the orders tomorrow morning. I’ll contact you as soon as I hear anything.” You told him.

“Thanks Heesung.” Youngjae bowed. “See you tomorrow.”

“Ah, Heesung, may I have a word?” Daehyun asked and you knew what he wanted.

“Daehyun, I’ll be heading to the car first then.” Youngjae said before he walked out the back door.

Baekhyun watched as you and Daehyun disappeared into the kitchen and he gulped wondering what they were talking about. Was Daehyun giving you feedback about how he worked today? He didn’t know why but he really wanted that kiss on the cheek from you even though you had a boyfriend, which happened to be his friend.

Baekhyun sat and waited for about ten minutes when he heard the door open he looked up. Daehyun walked out and looked all messed up. His blonde hair was messier than before and he was rubbing his arms. He grabbed his bag and slung it slowly over his shoulders.

“Well then.” He said and you walked out as well and closed the door behind you. “I’ll see you tomorrow, boss!” He said and headed for the door. “Good work again, Baekhyun.” He said.

Baekhyun heard you sigh out and open your locker and pulled yout coat out. “That looks much warmer than your other jacket.” Baekhyun commented making you chuckle.

“It is as well.”

 

 

Even though it just started snowing last night, there was a lot of snow everywhere you walked. The sound of it crunching was heard with every footstep you and Baekhyun took towards his building. Snowflakes fell lightly from the sky as well in the dark night.

“God, I’m tired.” Baekhyun yawned and headed for his room while you locked the door.

After you changed into his t-shirt he lent you and short you walked down the stairs wondering where he was. Usually he’d come up to the loft right after he changed but this time he didn’t. You noticed that his door was slightly open and you peeked in, his lights were still on as well. “Baekhy-“ You saw that he had passed out on his bed, on top of his duvet as well. He atleast changed clothes.

You walked towards his bed and tried to lightly shake him awake so that you could tell him to get under the blankets instead. His head whipped up and stared wide eyed at you.

“Is it school already?” He asked in a low sleepy voice.

You chuckled and shook your head. “Get under the covers Baekhyun.”  You told him and he sleepily did as he was told. He was still trying to keep his eyes open when he turned towards you under the blankets.

He yawned once before he tried looking at you but he cold barely open them. “Are you going to wake me up tomorrow?” He mumbled.

“Yes, I will.” You slowly sat down on the edge of his bed.

He sleepily nodded. “Good.” He mumbled. You were about to stand up when you decided to sit back down and turn to him. Leaning down you whispered:

“Good work today, Baekhyun.” Right before you planted a small kiss on his cheek making the boys’ eyes open up widely as if he was wide awake. Giggling from his reaction you stood up and walked towards the door. “Goodnight.” You said and turned his lights off before you walked out of his room.

Baekhyun was still lying in bed with wide eyes. Did she just? He felt his cheeks heat up, the touch of your soft lips still lingered on his left cheek. He blinked a couple of times before he snuggled up under his duvet like a teenage girl thinking about her crush.

Baekhyun felt his heart speed up as well and his face didn’t want to cool down. What’s happening to you, Baekhyun? He asked himself as he placed a hand on his left cheek. The touch of your lips didn’t seem to go away and he wondered what it’d feel like if he felt your lips on his instead.

No, Baekhyun no! He scolded himself for thinking about that. 

________________________________

A/N Here's another update for you! What do you think? I don't have much to say this time.. ^^"

Please comment and subscribe! This was kind of a mixed chapter so i don't really know what to name it ahah(i at making titles up) I apologize.