Confession and the end of the bet.

Playing the player

Friday

You were putting your hair up in a bun when Kris walked into your room. “Morning, babe.” He grinned and you just rolled your eyes. Kris walked into your room in just sweatpants. “So we’re still sticking to the plan later?” You nodded as you started applying makeup on your face. “You guys were the one that begged me to let you plan it anyway.” You sighed.

“Noona!” Tao walked into your room as well, followed by Zelo. “How are you feeling?” He asked and sat on your bed.

“I’m quite excited to be honest.” You answered and powdered your face.

“I can’t wait to see that dudes face.” Zelo scoffed.

“Noona, can I Wushu kick him in the face?” Tao asked you and you just laughed.

“We’ll see, Tao-ah.”

“Heesung, I want to look handsome later.” Lay walked into your room holding two different dress shirts in his hands. “Which one should I use?”

You spun your chair around and eyed the two dress shirts he was holding. “Right one.” You decided and he nodded and walked away.

“Why does it feel like you guys are more excited than I am?” You asked when you spun around and continued with your eye makeup.

“Because, I want to bash that Kai-boys face.” Tao answered and fist bumped Zelo who just snickered.

“Because, I’m hot.” Kris answered casually and brushed his hair back with his fingers.

“We’re all hot, that’s why.” Yongguk suddenly appeared by your door holding a cup of coffee while leaning his bare shoulder on your doorframe.

Kris pointed a finger towards him while Yongguk grinned and lightly raised his mug before taking a sip.

“Oh, please. You guys just want to show off.” You said and fixed your eyeliner.

“Heesung, please.” A still tired Luhan yawned and entered your room. “When the girls see me they can’t help but swoon.” He grinned. A wild Xiumin suddenly appeared as well.

“Can we make a dramatic entrance like…” He thought for a while. “…Like they do in Boys Over Flowers?” He asked and smiled.

“Almost Paradise~!” Youngjae sang as he walked passed your room and down the stairs.

“I’ll be walking in the front then while fixing my coat, looking as hot like ever.” Kris commented making the boys in your room laugh.

“Why are you all in my room?” You asked while checking yourself in your mirror.

“Because we need to make sure everything’s going as planned later on.” Yongguk answered.

“But I really want to see that Baekhyun boys reaction as well.” He added.

“Oh, the hyung that has a crush on noona?” Zelo asked.

“Crush?” You asked and raised and eyebrow. What are they talking about?

“Heesung, you’re smart and all…” Daehyun said appeared by your door when you stood up and started to rummage through your closet. “… But can’t you see it?”

“See what?” You asked.

Even Kris face palmed now. “Heesung, the boy likes you.” He said.

You turned around with raised eyebrows. “What?” Baekhyun, liking me? No way.

“Remember your talk yesterday?” Yongguk said. “He was talking about a ‘movie’”

“Yeah, that weird chick flick movie.” You nodded and continued to look for your beige sweater.

“What he was talking about wasn’t about a movie.” Daehyun stated and clucked his tongue.

“He was talking about what was happening, the bet, everything.” Yongguk said and took a sip of his coffee.

“Noona, it was kind of obvious.” Zelo said.

“Come on, even Youngjae saw it.” Daehyun rolled his eyes.

“Baekhyun likes me?” You furrowed your eyebrows while you picked your sweater up. You were utterly confused and surprised if you had to admit.

“He’s the guy that he was talking about. He’s the one that likes you but you’re currently in a relationship with Kai.” Yongguk explained. You turned to him and listened.

“He can’t confess because he’s scared he’ll lose you. Of course he knows about the bet and he knows that Kai’s been fooling around with other girls. He wasn’t threatened or anything like he told you but he’s just really scared.” He continued and you just stared at him trying to process everything he just said.

“So…” You spoke up after a while. “… I guess that explains why he’s become all touchy all of a sudden.”

Daehyun nodded. “Basically, I mean. I think he just realized his feelings for you.”

Yongguk agreed. “The way he looked at you from the beginning and now are two whole different looks.” He said. “He’s into you.”

“Seems like I have competition.” Kris said and rubbed his chin. You just threw your sweater at him making him laugh.

“Girl, what are you going to wear later?” Daehyun asked and eyed you while you took your uniform out of your closet.

“Uh, my uniform?” You raised an eyebrow. “What else?”

Daehyun sighed while he shook his head. “No, no, no.” He waved his finger at you. “You’re going to expose yourself as Hyorin right?”

You nodded. “Well, then you have to pull off an Hyorin!” He stated as if it was the smartest thing ever.

“I can’t go to school in one of my clubbing dressed.” You placed a hand on your hip.

Daehyun sighed once more. “No, I don’t mean that!”

Youngjaes head suddenly peeked in between Daehyun and Yongguks bodies. “Why don’t you do like they do in movies?” He said.

“And what do they do in movies?” You asked.

“First they where their usual clothes y’know?” He said and every guys in the room listened while you just furrowed your eyebrows and wondered why you were listening to him.

“Then… They’ll remove their disguise and be like ‘SURPRISE YOU PIECE OF SH-‘” Yongguk slapped the boy behind his head. “Ow! Hyung!”

Daehyun thought for a moment. “And Heesungs disguise is her bun and glasses!” Youngjae nodded while rubbing the back of his head.

“Why don’t you dramatically release your hair and take of your glasses and shake your head ily and-“ You held your hand up to hush Tao from talking.

“You guys are acting like this is a big thing. Planning a lot and stuff.” You said and shook your head.

“Girl, it is a big thing.” Yongguk said. “I want to see their faces.” He grinned.

“Can I make Baekhyun jealous?” Kris grinned a sly grin making Yongguk chuckle lowly agreeing with the man.

“He’s scared that he’ll lose you afterwards.” Daehyun added. “But I don’t know what he’ll feel when you reveal that you’re Hyorin.” He scratched his chin.

“No, no, no!” Youngjae shook his head and walked towards you. “I’ll pick your clothes.” He said and pushed you back down on your seat.

“We’re going to make this scene fabulous!” He said and started rummaging through your closet.

“Yah! What-“

“Heesung, babe, remember Kai is messing with the wrong people.” Kris placed his huge hand on your shoulder. “We’re going to teach him a thing or two.”

Yongguk grinned before he left your room together with Kris talking about what coats to wear later on.

 

-

 

“Oh god, oh god.” Baekhyun paced back and forth his office-tel while gripping his hair. Suho just sighed and watched his friend panic in front of him. Baekhyun had called his friends over early morning because today was the day Kai was going to drop the bomb.

“Hyung, calm down.” Sehun said but it seemed like Baekhyun didn’t hear him.

“Baekhyun!” D.O yelled making the boy freeze in his steps. “Calm down, sit your down and we’ll talk about this.” Baekhyun slowly took a seat beside D.O. D.O could be quite frightening if he wanted to and they all knew that.

“Guys, I’m panicking.” He said and breathed out.

“We see that.” Suho said. “How are you going to stop her?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “I-I don’t know! I mean… Kai’s going to tell her it’s something important and of course she’s going to go no matter what!” He leaned back in his seat.

“Hyung, did you get any thleep latht night?” Sehun asked and eyed his hyung worriedly. Baekhyun had dark circles under his eyes and he looked even paler than before. His hair was a mess as well. Baekhyun shook his head and his leg couldn’t stop shaking under the table. He tried to sleep but he just couldn’t. He was scared and nervous about today. His mind was a mess and he couldn’t even think straight.

Sehun sighed and slowly shook his head. “Hyung, Ith having a nervouth breakdown.” He said and Suho nodded agreeing with the maknae. D.O grabbed his friend’s shoulder.

“Baekhyun, listen. You need to try and stop her from coming to the cafeteria. If Kai notices she’s not coming he’ll probably stop the whole thing.”

“But what if he looks for her on his own and just dumps her like that?” He said and D.O suddenly realized that, that could happen as well.

“Well then…” Suho cleared his throat and stood up. “We’re relying on you Baekhyun to try and stop her.”

Sehun stood up as well and followed his hyung to the hallway. D.O patted his friend’s shoulder. “Come on. We have to head to school.”

 

-

 

Just expect a confession from him later on. You thought about what Daehyun had said before you left the house. He’s going to try and stop you from going to that cafeteria. Yongguk had added as well. We’ll see you there. Kris said and closed the door before you left.

“H-Hey.” Baekhyun greeted you and sat down beside you. You turned to him and noticed the dark circles under his eyes.

“Were you up late?” You asked and pointed at his eyes.

Baekhyun nervously chuckled. “A-Ah, yeah…” He scratched the back of his head.

“Why?”

“I… I couldn’t sleep.” He said. It wasn’t a lie, he really stayed up all night tossing and turning in his bed. “How are you?” He asked and tried to smile but you noticed that it didn’t reach his eyes.

“I’m fine.”

The teacher walked in and both of you faced forward. You turned to the window as usual; you noticed that a few people in class kept glancing back at you and you knew why. Kai must’ve gotten himself a crowd now and you just smirked before you faced the window again.

 

Kai stood outside the classroom with a smile when you walked out. “Hey, babe.” He greeted you with a kiss. Baekhyun quickly walked to his locker, not wanting to see you and Kai together. His head was hurting and he couldn’t think straight when he saw you in Kais arms.

You hung out with Kai during the break as usual. The two of you made out and talked before the next class started. Kai was holding you against a wall when he said.

“Hey… Can you meet me at the cafeteria later?” He asked and looked down at you with a smile.

You looked up. “Why?”

“I have something important to tell you in private.” He said and bit his lip. “The cafeteria is usually empty then.”

“When?” You flashed a small smile and let your cheeks heat up.

“Free time?”

You smiled and nodded. Kai grinned and leaned down to kiss you. “I’ll see you later.” He said and left you while he waved.

You waved back with a smile and waited until he turned the corner. When you couldn’t hear his footsteps anymore you took your phone out and dialed a number.

“Yongguk-oppa?”

-

Baekhyun looked up when he heard someone walking into the classroom. You wondered what he was doing here so early. You’re usually the first one in but it seemed like Baekhyun beat you to it. When you made your way towards him he noticed something different with your uniform. You had your hair in a bun as always and your beige sweater but he could barely see your skirt. If you were wearing any that is. Maybe your sweater was covering it? But Baekhyun always saw your skirt sticking out from under your sweater, why not now?

He also noticed that you were wearing different pair of tights. You usually wore plain black tights but he noticed that they looked more like hold-ups.

“What are you doing here so early?” You asked when you sat down. Baekhyun turned to you and his eyes quickly fell to your lips. Were you wearing lipstick?

“I didn’t have anything else to do.” He lied.

You just nodded. “Hey, Heesung… I was wondering.” Baekhyun gulped.

“Yes?”

“Are you…” He hesitated. “Are you doing anything later during free-time?” He asked in a small voice and looked down on his lap.

Your eyes widened behind your lenses. Does he really have feelings for me? The thought passed your head. You noticed that his leg was shaking under his desk as if he’s nervous or something.

“I’m going to meet Kai.” You answered him casually. You noticed how his eyes slightly widened and he gulped.

“O-Oh… Where?” His voice was still small.

“He said that I should go to the cafeteria. He had something important to tell me.” You leaned your chin in your palms. “I wonder what it is…” You made your face lightly heat up as you sighed dreamily. Baekhyun stared at you. Oh, no… She’s expecting something else. He thought.

“W-What do you think it is?” He asked and tried his best to calm down.

“I don’t know.” You shrugged. “Maybe he’s going to confess his love for me?” You faked a giggle and sounded like a little schoolgirl. Baekhyun gasped as he stared at you. Heesung…

“I really have no idea… What’s so important that he wants to say it that privately?”  Baekhyun didn’t know what to say next. She can’t be serious that he’s going to confess his love for her?! Dear lord give me strength for later. He prayed in his head.

During class Baekhyun could barely concentrate on what the teacher was talking about. He kept glancing towards you during the whole class.

-

Baekhyuns headache worsened during the day and he couldn’t think straight. Lunch came and Kai couldn’t stop talking about how he couldn’t wait for later. Baekhyun had to excuse himself to leave and they all stared confused as he left the table. Except the three who knew why he left.

Suho found Baekhyun in the library leaning his head on the table. Sighing he walked up to his friend and patted him on the back. “It’s soon free-time.” He said but didn’t get any response. After a while Baekhyun spoke up. “Hyung, I don’t know what to do…” Baekhyun said, his voice hoarse, sounding like he’s been crying.

Suho took a seat beside his friend. “You love her don’t you?” Baekhyun just nodded his head. “I just realized that…” He sniffled and Suho felt his heart drop by seeing his friend this sad.

“If I realized it earlier-“

“You need to stop her Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun slowly turned his head to face his friend. Suho saw that Baekhyun had been crying because his eyes were red and tearstains were seen on his cheeks. “Confess.”

Baekhyun gulped. “What if she doesn’t listen to me and still go to Kai?”

Suho scratched the back of his head. “Then you just come to us and we wait…” He answered and slowly stood up. “There’s really nothing we can do then. Heesung seems to like Kai a lot. And I swear. When a girl’s in love, she’s in love.” He stated and gave Baekhyun a last pat on the back. “None of us wants to see her broken, Baek. You’re not the only one.” He said before he walked away and disappeared behind a couple of shelves.

Baekhyun slowly sat up and wiped his cheeks with his sleeve. He sniffled and gulped before he stood up as well.

-

“Do it like we rehearsed.” Youngjae told you and you just rolled your eyes. You had sneaked the boys into school and you all were sitting in the nurse’s room. You were all going through the plan and you couldn’t believe that you had agreed doing the stuff they wanted to do.

“It feels like we’re starring in K-Drama.” Lay said and jumped up and down.

“Heesung, am I cute enough?” Luhan asked as he fixed his hair. “Should I have my bangs down or up?”

“Do I look intimidating enough?” Tao asked and fixed his dark collar on his coat.

Kris was too busy fixing his hair in front of a mirror in the room with Xiumin. Chen actually brought a video camera with him and snickered when he said that he’d film the whole thing.

“You guys… This isn’t really a big thing.” You said.

“Oh, yes it is.” Chen grinned.

“I feel a little bad for Baekhyun and you’re other good friends.” Yongguk said and fixed his navy blue scarf on.

“Has he confessed yet?” Daehyun asked.

You sighed out. You had been thinking about it as well. You were still hesitating to believe your friends or not when they kept saying that Baekhyun likes you. “It’s still hard to believe he likes me.” You said.

“Come on.” Zelo rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow. “It was so obvious noona.”

You just sighed and decided to change subject. “How are you guys going to get into the cafeteria?” You asked. More than half of this plan was theirs and you couldn’t believe you actually agreed for them to do, as they like as well. Ok, they mostly made the whole plan and you regretted it when you started having second thoughts.

“Don’t worry. We’ll find a way in.” Yongguk winked before he walked out the door followed by everyone else.

You shifted uncomfortably in your sweater. Youngjae had taken the liberty to rummage through your closet this morning and decided on what you should wear. They all felt like they were going to act in a movie and therefore had to look good.  

 

-

 

It was few minutes until free time and you slowly made your way towards the cafeteria. The hallways were empty as usual and no one else was seen. “Don’t go to the cafeteria.” You quickly spun around and saw Baekhyun standing behind you with his hands in his pockets.

He looked worse than he did this morning, his eyes were red and he looked paler, even paler that you. “Baekhyun.” You said and turned around.

“Don’t go there.” He said and you noticed that his voice seemed strained.

“But Kai’s waiting for me…” You said in a small voice. Baekhyun seemed different. He didn’t look like himself and you wondered why. It made you slightly uncomfortable.

“Don’t go.” He repeated. “Don’t go if you don’t want to get hurt.”

“Why would I get hurt?” Something’s not right. Is he warning me? Your eyes slightly widened when you remembered what Daehyun and Yongguk said this morning. Expect a confession today. He’s going to try and stop you from going to that cafeteria. You gulped. Was Baekhyun going to confess now?

“Heesung, I beg you.” He looked at you with such sad eyes. “Just don’t go.”

“Baekhyun, what’s wrong? You don’t look too well…” You said and took a step towards him.

Baekhyun gripped the side of his head. He couldn’t even look at you without feeling his heart twist in pain. “I’m telling you just don’t go!” He raised his voice making you take a step back.

“I need to go.” You shook your head. I don’t have time for this. You turned around to head towards the cafeteria. Something wasn’t right. The air around you two changed and it felt heavier.

Baekhyun grabbed your wrist. “Don’t! Kai’s going to hurt your feelings!”

“Why do you say that?” You as well raised your voice now. You couldn’t let him stop you. You needed to get to the cafeteria no matter what even if he were to confess now, which you hoped he wouldn’t because you wouldn’t know how to cope with it.

“Because I just know! He’s not alone there! He’s going to break your heart in front of everyone!” He grabbed your shoulders and lightly shook you. You saw the panic in his eyes and it made you feel bad. Baekhyuns eyes started to water and he tried to blink any tears away that threatened to fall.

“No, he’s not! What’s wrong with you Baekhyun?” You asked and pushed him away from you. “Why have you been acting weird the whole day?”

“Weird?” Baekhyun scoffed and brushed his hair back. “Weird? I feel bad, ok?! I feel … I feel like I’m breaking apart!” Now he yelled at you making you take another step back. “Do you know how painful it was to see Kai faking everything with you since the two of you started going out?! It hurt me! It hurt me a lot! Here!” He pointed at his chest. You were speechless as you watched your friend breakdown in front of you. You didn’t know why but you actually got a little scared if you had to admit.

“Why do you care if I go to Kai or not?” You asked and raised your voice.

“I care more about your feelings than mine!” Baekhyun yelled. “I don’t want you to get hurt, so please.” He stepped forward and lightly placed a hand on your cheek. “Don’t go there…” He sighed out. As he looked down at you, you noticed that his eyes were tearing up. You couldn’t say anything. You didn’t know what to say. Words couldn’t exit your mouth even if you wanted them too.

“The thing is that I knew that he was playing with you from the start.” He said, his voice hoarse from all the yelling. “I never liked the idea of him doing it but I couldn’t say anything.” He shook his head at himself.

You pushed him away from you making his eyes widen in shock. “So you’re saying you got close to me because of him?” It was your turn to yell even though you knew everything. You just couldn’t pull time anymore and had to get him away from you.

Baekhyun quickly shook his head. “N-No! I ne-“

“So you used me?!” You faked a sound of a cry.

“No! Heesung, I never used you! That thought never crossed my mind!” He tried to defend himself. “Since we started with the study dates…” He paused. “… Those times were real! I never thought of using you because of Kai! I thought of you as a real friend! You became one of my best friends Heesung!”

“So you weren’t using me just because you wanted to you pass school?” You crossed your arms. You knew that you were sounding y right now but you couldn’t help it.

“No! I really liked spending time with you! Do you know how many times you’ve made my heart race just by me looking at you?!” He raised his voice again. “You make my heart stop! You make my mind turn into a mess by just smiling at me!”

“What?” You asked in a small voice. You wondered if he’d give up any minute now and just get to the important part but it seemed like Baekhyun was delaying everything. You started to feel that Daehyun and everyone else were right. Baekhyun did have feelings for you, but it seemed like he wasn’t planning to confess just yet. You needed to get to the cafeteria and finish things with Kai first.

“I-“ Baekhyun breathed out. “I’m trying to say that…” Baekhyun felt his heart race. He couldn’t get the words out of his mouth. He saw how you were ready to turn around again and head to Kai. He couldn’t let that happen. “Please.” He pleaded. “Don’t go to him.”

“Then what do you want me to do, Baekhyun?! What do you want?” You yelled and stabbed him in the chest with your finger.

“You’re all I want!” He yelled back and that was when the tears started. Baekhyun could care less about him crying “Can’t you see? Can’t you see my feelings for you or is your head filled with Kai, Kai and just Kai!? What’s so special about him anyway that you agreed on going out with him?!” Baekhyun breathed out and didn’t even bother wipe his tears away. “He’s going to dump you coldly in front of everyone in the cafeteria! I don’t want you to get hurt…” Baekhyun started sobbing now and covered his eyes with his arm. “I won’t let anything or anyone hurt you!” He said in-between sob. “Especially hurt your heart…” He sniffled.

You felt broken right there, you just stared as Baekhyun could barely keep himself standing up and you didn’t know what to say. A part of you wanted to hug him and console him but another part of you just needed to go to Kai. You couldn’t accept that Baekhyun had feelings for you. It felt like after this, you’re really going to break him. The pressure in the air around the two of you almost made you start tearing up as well, almost.

“No…” You said making him look up and sniffle. “Baekhyun, no.” You slowly shook your head.

“What?” Baekhyun felt something in his chest twist. “What, no?”

“You don’t want this.” You took a step back. “You don’t have feelings for me.”

“What? Of course I do, I-“

You just shook your head while you turned around. Baekhyuns breath hitched as he watched you walk away, towards Kai. “No…” He said and shook his head. “No! Heesung, come back!” He yelled but you just kept walking in a fast pace. Baekhyuns legs didn’t listen to him when he wanted to run after you. , , ! I can’t let her go!

 

“I LOVE YOU!”

 

-

 

His words echoed through the hallway and his sudden outburst made you stop mid step. Your eyes widened behind your lenses and you slowly turned around only to come face to face with Baekhyun who took your face in his hands and leaned down.

He captured your lips in his making everything in your body freeze. You felt all his emotions run through his kiss and it made your heart stop beating in that moment. You could push him away, you could, but your body didn’t listen to you. It was as if your brain had stopped functioning and just froze completely to accept his lips. Baekhyuns soft lips left yours while panting. He had his eyes closed as he leaned his forehead on yours. You felt tears from his eyes hit your cheeks.

“I love you.” He said softly while he still held you. You gulped as you brought your hands up and removed his hands from your face when you regained control over your body.

“No, you don’t.” You shook your head. “You think you do but you don’t.”

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “W-What?”

“Go away.” You told him and stepped back, away from him.

“No, do-“

“You don’t want to do this Baekhyun!” You yelled. “You don’t really know me! Go, please.” You said and turned around and began running away from him.

Baekhyun felt something in his chest break when he watched you run away from him towards Kai.

 

-

 

Baekhyun walked into the cafeteria and saw that Kai was happily talking to Chanyeol who just laughed. Suho stood up and walked towards his friend. “How did it go?” He whispered.

“Hyung, have you been crying?” Sehun asked and quickly handed his hyung a handkerchief. Baekhyun gladly took it and wiped his eyes and cleared his throat.

“I don’t know… I don’t know what just happened.” He whispered.

“Is she coming?” D.O asked and Baekhyun shrugged.

“I confessed, but she just told me that I think I have feelings for her but really don’t.” Baekhyun sat down and sighed out. What just happened? Suho furrowed his eyebrows.

“She was telling you that you actually don’t have feelings for her?”

Baekhyun nodded and looked around the cafeteria. Kai and Chanyeol were standing in the middle of the whole cafeteria talking. He recognized a few other people in the room, which were from his class, and others were from his friend’s classes. Even though they weren’t a lot it still felt like thousands of people for them.

“Hayoung babe, come here.” Kai gestured for her to walk towards him. Kai wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she just giggled when he kissed her cheeks.

He heard someone swear in the corner of the room and he turned to where the sound came from. His eyes widened when he recognized the tall boy from the café. Zelo? What’s he doing here? He can’t possibly be a student here right? He didn’t recognize the other tall boy with him that was trying to keep Zelo down. He had dark hair and sharp eyes; he looked intimidating but tired as well because of his eye bags.

 

“Sehun.” Baekhyun said and the maknae leaned closer.”Isn’t that Zelo? From the café?”

Sehun looked where Baekhyun pointed at and gasped. “What’th he doing here?!” He was about to stand up but Suho and D.O held him down. “I’th he here for noona?!” He hissed.

Zelo seemed to hear that and whip his head towards the four boys. His mouth fell when he saw Sehun and tried to free himself from Tao to make his way towards him instead.

“Sehun, calm down!” Suho hissed and tried holding the tall maknae in his seat.

Baekhyun looked around the room and suddenly recognized a few people from the café. He felt that something was wrong and wasn’t right. He even saw Daehyun sitting by a chair close to the door playing with his phone. What are they all doing here?

Then the door slowly opened making everyone in the room quiet down and face the door.

 

-

 

“Kai?” you called and walked into the cafeteria, Kai quickly told Hayoung to get away and she did.

Suho sighed out; D.O just shook his head, Sehun tried hiding behind Suho while Baekhyun just stared at you. He couldn’t believe that you came anyway!

“Heesung baby!” Kai called. “Glad that you came!”

You looked around. “I thought that we were going to be alone…?” You asked in a small voice and Baekhyun looked away, not daring to watch.

“Yeah, change of plans.” Chanyeol grinned and chuckled deeply.

“About that…” Kai grinned as well. “You see.” Kai took a step towards you. There was long aisle between the two of you but you kept yourself close to the door. “I never had feelings for you.” He kept his grin on and you looked down.

“What…?” You asked in a small voice.

Kai chuckled. “I never even noticed your existence until two months ago.” He casually shrugged. Baekhyun gulped and clenched his jaw in anger. He felt his heart beating fast in his chest when he saw you look down. It looked like you were about to break any minute now if not him first. Tears burnt his eyes when he imagined what you could possibly be feeling right now.

“I mean, why the hell would I-“ He placed a hand on his chest. “… Pay attention to someone like you, right?” He laughed.

“But you asked me to go out with you…” You said and faked a sniffle that made Baekhyuns heart crack. Everyone in the room laughed together with Chanyeol.

“Yeah, but that was about a bet.” He casually confessed. “I lost a bet with me friends…” He gestured at Baekhyun, Suho, D.O and Sehun. Chanyeol just stood behind him with a wide grin. Suho and D.O tried not to look at you and kept their eyes on the floor. Sehun whimpered as he hid behind Suho. Baekhyun knew he met your eyes and showed a look of regret.

“It was fun as long as it lasted.” Kai said. “So…” He sighed and shrugged once more. “You and I are over.” He gestured for Hayoung to come to him but she hesitated. She looked at you as she shook her head. Kai furrowed his eyebrows.

“Hayoung babe, what is it?” He asked but Hayoung just shook her head.

She felt your eyes on her as if telling her that if she walked towards him she’ll be dead.

“N-No, I can’t.” She whispered.

“What?” Kai was now confused. “Yes, you can. Come here.”

Hayoung just shook her head. “No!” She then ran towards you. “I didn’t know! Please, don’t hurt me! He told me to come here!” She said in your face and you just stared at her blankly through your lenses and she felt a shiver run down her spine.

“Hayoung, what are you talking about?” Kai asked. “She’s not going to hurt you!” He chuckled. “Look at her! What can she do?”

Hayoung turned her head to Kai and just kept shaking her head.

“Go.” You whispered and took a step to the side and let her run past you and out the door.

Kai and everyone else in the cafeteria just stared at you while the door slowly closed.

 

-

 

“What was that all about?” Chanyeol asked and raised an eyebrow.

“So you’re saying you and I are over?” You asked, your voice showing no emotion what so ever.

Kai just chuckled and nodded, forgetting about that Hayoung left. “O-V-E-R.”

“But…” You took a step forward. “How can we be over when we never started?” You asked.

Kai furrowed his eyebrows. “What?”

“What are you going to do after school today, Kai?” You asked and held your hands behind your back.

Kai suddenly smirked. “Meeting someone a hundred times better than you.” He answered making Chanyeol laugh and clap his hands behind him.

Baekhyun just eyed the two of you. He felt something in the air change. Something’s wrong. “Oh, and do what may I ask?” You grinned, but it wasn’t one of your sweet smiles that Baekhyun liked. No, it was a wicked smile. “Try out her new bed…?” You asked and your voice turned low. Somewhere in the room Youngjae was admiring the whole thing.

Kai gasped as he stared at you. “H-How…? How did you know that?” He raised his voice.

“Please, Kai.” You casually checked your fingernails. “Do you think you were the only one that was playing this game?” You smiled. “I myself have been seeing other men as well.”

Kai scoffed. “Look at you! Who would ever want to date you willingly?” Baekhyun so wanted to raise his hand but he didn’t.

 

Just then the cafeteria doors opened with a loud bang and Baekhyun gasped when he recognized the two tall men walk in with a few others. Every girl in the room gasped and Kai took a step back as well as Chanyeol.

Kris casually fixed his coat and slowly took his sunglasses off. “Me.” He said in his low voice.

Yongguk raised and eyebrow and casually placed his hands in his pockets. “Me.” He said in his low voice and Chanyeol just widened his eyes at how low his voice was. They looked like models that had just walked out of a magazine.

Luhan and Lay just looked around in a cute manner making girls go ‘aww’ and ‘damn they’re hot!’ to Kris and Yongguk.  Mumbling was heard throughout the room after the four men walked in.

Tao and Zelo were suddenly by your sides as well and stared at Kai with dark and sharp eyes.

“W-Who are you guys? How’d you get into our school?” Kai yelled.

Kris smirked and a few girls in the room gasped. “No, no.” He waved a long finger in front of him. “The question is who do you think you are?” His voice lowered.

Tao and Zelo suddenly made their way down the aisle with long steps and stopped right in front of Kai.

“Who are you to play with noona like that?” Tao asked and looked down at Kai who had to slightly look up at the tall boy. Taos eyes were dark and intimidating.

Chanyeol was about to come in between them but Zelo quickly stood in front of him while wearing his face mask that had a print of a skulls jaw on it. He waved his finger at Chanyeol who was just as tall as him.

“Heesung, how can you go out with someone that’s not even cute.” Luhan spoke up. Like Luhan expected a lot of girls suddenly went ‘aww’ when Luhan tugged your sleeve. “How did you put up with him?” He asked. “Ain’t I cuter?” He pouted before he turned to a group of girls. “Am I not cute?” He asked and showed his sad face.

The girls ‘awwed’ loudly and nodded when Luhan pouted even more.

Kai just watched as every girl in the room made their way towards Luhan. Lay suddenly walked out from behind Luhan looking handsome as ever with his hair messy as if the wind had played with it. “He doesn’t have a dimple like me.” He said and smiled before he turned to the girls as well. “Hey, ladies.” He greeted them with a small bow and smiled, his dimple showing.

“H-Hello!” They stuttered and turned red in their faces a few of them squeeling.

Luhan and Lay stood and distracted the girls in the room while Tao grabbed Kais collar. “You know… I don’t like people messing with my noonas feelings.” He said and Kai felt a shiver down his spine.

“What would Hyorin-noona say if she saw you about to get beat up right now?” Zelo asked and turned away from Chanyeol while he pulled his mouth mask down.

“H-Hyorin?” Kai asked. “How do you know her?”

“Oh, Kai, please.”

Tao stepped away from Kai. You just shook your head at him. “Are you serious now?”

He stared at you. “What are you talking about? Who are all these guys? What are they doing here?!” He yelled.

“We’re here to kick your .” Yongguk casually said.

“No one messes with our friend like you did.” Kris added.

You sighed. “Kai, I knew you were stupid but not this stupid!” You chuckled. “What made you think I’d agree to go out with you anyway? You think I didn’t know about this bet you made? Seriously?”

Baekhyun gasped. Sehun peeked up from behind Suho. They all turned their eyes towards you. “You knew?” Baekhyun asked and you turned to him.

“From the very beginning.” You nodded. “I kind of…” You checked your finger nails again. “Overheard that discussion. So I just decided to play along and wait til’ you’d make a move.” You said and grinned. “And boy did you take your time.” You sighed. “I almost got tired of waiting. I despise people like you Kai.”

Kai was speechless as he stared at you.

“Does Hyorin know the truth as well? What would she do if she found out that you were cheating all this time as well?” You pouted. “She’d probably dump your .”

“How do you know Hyorin?” He asked again.

“Tell me Kai…” You walked towards him reached up to his chin with the back of your hand making him flinch. “Do you like Hyorin?”

Kai frowned. “Why are you asking?”

You chuckled. “You do, don’t you? You just can’t wait until you meet her after school can’t you? How did you feel when you met her when you snuck into the club? How about that other time you snuck into the club without your friends? When you started getting notes from her in your locker?”

“Ah, Hyorin…” Kris sighed and smirked. “One hell of a girl, right.” He said and looked at Kai in the eye. “You know… She told me that she likes me better than you.”

Kais frown deepened. “Who are you?!” He yelled. “Hyorin, only likes me!” Kai felt his feelings mess in his head.

“How can you say that when you’re the one seeing other people behind her back?” Yongguk asked.

“I never thought of Heesung as a girlfriend from the beginning anyway.” He hissed and looked at you but you just smirked and slowly turned around. “So I don’t think she counts.”

“Ouch, that hurt Kai.” You slowly made your way towards Kris and Yongguk again. “How about all those other girls in school you’ve been seeing as well? What would you do if Hyorin was here right now and heard everything?” You slowly started to your beige sweater. “Personally, I could care less when you saw them.”

“Well she isn’t here is she?” Kai yelled. “How can someone like you know Hyorin! You two aren’t even compatible with each other!”

You still had your back turned against him when you doubled over in laughter. Kai just stared at you while you laughed your head off. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. He’s never heard you laugh like that before and he wondered what was going on. He was still so confused on how things had taken a turn. It seemed like you were the one breaking Kai down instead of him.

“Kai, you’re not the only on that’s filled with surprises.” You said between laughs. “You’re really stupid aren’t you? The dumbest person I’ve ever met!”

Kai frowned and was about to launch himself at you but Tao was quick enough to punch Kai in the stomach making him fall over. “Don’t you dare.” Tao hissed and stared Kai that was on all fours trying to catch his breath.

“Oh my god.” Youngjae whispered. He, Chen and Xiumin were hiding under a table filming everything. Xiumin was even eating snacks as he watched wide-eyed past the chairs, it was like a movie.

“Kai!” Chanyeol yelled and ran to his friend trying to help him up.

“Kai, do you know why Hayoung ran away?” You didn’t even wait for an answer. “Who do you think did that to her and her friends in the bathroom?” You only turned your head back.

“You did that?” Chanyeol asked, shocked. The other guys in the room gasped. Luhan and Lay managed to lead the girls out of the room and distract them elsewhere with their looks.

“Who do you think they ganged up on? You know it was troublesome being your girlfriend. All the useless hate I got from girls in school.” You scoffed. “I don’t get why people even want to date you, when you’re an . But I taught Hayoung and her friends a lesson didn’t i?” You grinned and turned your back against him again.

Kai just stared at you while Chanyeol helped him stand up. “I still have Hyorin…” He said and coughed.

Kris laughed. “Dude, I told you. Hyorin likes me better.” Kai frowned.

“Did you even know your friends over there met up with Heesung a lot after school?” Yongguk asked and pointed at Baekhyun and his friends. Baekhyun felt his face heat up. Kai and Chanyeol turned to them.

“What?” Chanyeol asked.

“Waaay before Kai even managed to make a move on Heesung.” Yongguk added. “You know why? Because they saw her as a good person unlike you who just toyed with her.” He eyed Kai in a disgusted manner. “You’re friend over there even has a crush on her!” Yongguk added. Baekhyun felt everyone’s eyes on him and he quickly looked down while his face heated up. Why did he have to say that out loud? Baekhyun groaned in his head and tried to stop blushing.

“Team BaekSung!” Daehyun cheered from his seat and grinned.

“Hyorin will never see you as man.” Kris said making Kai yell at him.

“You don’t know her like I do!”

“Oh, so you’re saying that you do?” Yongguk raised his eyebrows.

“I’ve even slept in the same bed as her.” Zelo teased and pulled his mouth mask down.

“Her skin’s so soft.” Luhan said, as he re-appeared with Lay in the room, the girls were nowhere to be seen.

Baekhyun eyed everyone in the room, his mind trying to puzzle everything together.

“How do you know, pretty boy?!” Kai hissed.

Luhan just smiled and batted his eyelashes. “Aw, I appreciate you calling me pretty.” He teased and a low growl was heard from Kais throat.

“If she had to pick between you and I.” Kris scoffed. “She’d go for me any day.” He smirked and brushed his blonde hair back.

“How do you know?! Do you even know her?”

Yongguk and Kris just glanced at each other with wide grins before they stepped aside. No one had noticed you sneak behind the two tall men and remove your beige sweater.

Kai watched as you let your long dark hair fall like a waterfall from your bun, past your back.

“What do you say, Hyorin-shi?” Yongguk asked and grinned.

And just like Youngjae begged you on his knees to do you removed your glasses as you whipped your head back and faced everyone with a smirk.

 

“Surprise .”

(Pretend she has her hair down!^ )

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N So... Here's the long awaited update people's been asking about! 

I personally think it (i'm sorry)i tried getting alot of drama and stuff in this but... I just couldn't get it right! ARGH

I got so happy when i got a lot of comments on the last chap... /sobs I hope to get more later on! I hope you like this one even though it wasn't kind of what you all expected(i think) ._. I at making titles up as you've probably noticed. I apologize for minor errors as well. /bows And i was actually planning to put this up Friday (it's past midnight here lol to late) but... It might still be Friday for a few of you! I've already started with the next chapters as well (currently working on chap 37!)

Please comment and subscribe! I'm so close to 200 subs on this one omg OwO

If you didn'y like it, i apologize.