12

Playing the player

Authors POV

 

Baekhyun walked into morning class and couldn’t wait to see Heesung. But once he saw the empty seat in the back he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Ah, oppa!” A girl walked up to him and smiled. She was one of the girls that saw the little scene yesterday.

“It seems like Heesung isn’t coming today.” She said. “You can sit with us instead!” She suggested but Baekhyun politely shook his head.

“No, thank you.”

He walked past the girl who stood there with agape and couldn’t comprehend that Baekhyun just declined her request.

Baekhyun sat down beside your seat and sighed. Isn’t she coming today? He wondered. She’s always on time right? The teacher had just walked in and closed the door behind him.

“Ok, class. Open your books to page 45.” He said and started writing on the blackboard.

She might be late this time…

 

Heesung lied to her older brother that she didn’t feel well today and he believed her right away. Of course he did. He was still a bit unsure about Baekhyun with what you told him last night when he came home.

-flashback moment-

Once your brother got home he immediately knocked on your door.

“Heesung-ah!” He yelled. Yongguk stood with him and shook his head. “Who was that guy that you were with today?!”’

Kris peeked out of his room. “She was with someone else other than me?!” And with that he also stood outside your door with your brother.

Grunting you opened your door and was met with a grumpy older brother.

“Was he one of those boys that sneaked into our club that time? He is right?!”

“Yes, he was.” You confessed.

“Who sneaked in to the club?” A sleepy Luhan walked up to you and rubbed his eyes.

“We didn’t do anything oppa! He was the one that followed me all the way to the café!”

“He followed you?!”

“Who followed who?” Chen asked as he peeked over Kris’s shoulder. All the boys had now gathered outside you door after they heard your brothers’ loud voice.

“It’s a long story oppa! But I promise we didn’t do anything! I tried to make him stop following me but he didn’t listen!”

“Why’d he follow you in the first place?” Yongguk butted in with raised brows now interested in the situation.

“He thought I was mad at him and kept apologizing and got annoying.” Sighing you rubbed your temples now that you thought about what happened again.

 Himchan nodded with still furrowed eyebrows. He glanced down at his watch then back to you.

“We’ll talk about this next time I have to start with supper.” And with that he walked down the stairs with Yongguk behind him.

You were about to close your door when a large hand stopped you from doing so.

You looked up and saw a frowning Kris.

“May I ask who this guy is?” He opened your door wider and stood there leaning against your doorframe.

“Noona, what was Himchan hyung talking about?” Tao asked and peeked in to your room.

“Do you have a boyfriend?!” Chen asked and sheepishly grinned.

You were about to answer when the grumpy Kris turned around and slapped the grinning troll on the head.

“Of course she doesn’t!”

“Noona, you have a boyfriend?!” Tao exclaimed and his eyes widened.

“BOYFRIEND?!” You heard your brother scream from down stairs.

-flashback end.

 

Heesung walked down the stairs and into the living room. It was already past noon and she had nothing to do. Her brother was working and the boys were out so she was left all alone at home.

“What to do…” She asked herself and sat on the sofa.

After a few minutes of thinking she decided to go out for a while. Not that she had anything to do at home anyways.

After putting on a outfit you found you grabbed your bag and stopped in front of the mirror in the hall way. Fixing your bangs and making sure your makeup was ok you went out the door locking it behind you.

 

“Care to explain what happened yesterday?” Chanyeol asked as he sat down beside Baekhyun in the cafeteria.

Baekhyun looked up from his plate and gave the guys a confused look. “What?”

“You know that little scene you made yesterday with Heesung?” Kai asked and Baekhyun made an O shape with his mouth.

“That.”

“Yeah, that.”

“What about it?” Baekhyun asked.

Kai sighed and placed his elbows on the table. “What was that about? Running like hell to her, bowing down like that…”

“Ah, I thought that she got mad at me so I wanted to apologize…”

The guys slowly nodded knowing that Baekhyun had problems with people who are mad at him. They knew that he was kind off sensitive with it

“Why have you suddenly started to talk to her?” Suho asked everyone agreeing.

“Remember when I told you guys I was transferred to another class?”

Everyone nodded. “Well I got in to her class.”

Kais eyes widened. “Really?!” Baekhyun nodded.

Kai leaned closer to Baekhyun. “What’s she like? Any tips on how to get her to like me?” Kai was talking about the bet. He still hadn’t made a move on you yet because he never found you during the breaks so it was a bit difficult to try and complete his bet.

Baekhyun sat and thought about Kais’ question for a while. To be honest Baekhyun didn’t know how Heesung was like. He only knew that she was quiet and was disappeared quite often.

“I…” He started. “I actually don’t know.”

Kai sighed and leaned back in his seat.

“But you’ve talked to her a couple of times right?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded.

“She doesn’t seem to be to talkative type.” Baekhyun said.

Ugh, this is gonna be hard. Kai thought.

 

During the last lesson Baekhyun sat in the back again beside your seat. Is she sick? He wondered. Heesung hadn’t shown up the whole day and it made Baekhyun feel kind off lonely. He has talked to some of the guys in class but they didn’t really do anything fun that Baekhyun liked. Wonder if she’s at the café then. But wait. If she’s sick she wouldn’t be outside right?

Class ended and Baekhyun had rushed out to the gate to meet the guys.

“Wanna follow to the mall?” Chanyeol suggested.

“But I have to study…” Suho said and scratched the back of his head.

“Aw, c’mon!” Chanyeol slung his arm around the eldest shoulder. “For a while?”

Suho sighed and fixed his glasses while he shook of the heavy arm around him. “For a while then.”

 

The six boys walked around the mall looking for something to do. There weren’t a lot of people at this time making it relaxing to just walk around and window shop.

“Oh, I want to look in there!” Chanyeol gasped and pulled everyone into a men’s clothes shop that just opened.

“Oooooh.” Kai had laid his eyes on something further in the shop and disappeared towards it. Chanyeol disappeared as well leaving the other four in the middle of the shop.

“Ugh, I swear they’re worse than girls…” D.O sighed and slid his hands in his pockets.

Baekhyun snickered and agreed while Suho was randomly going through a clothes rack nearby. Sehun had gone of to the hoodie corner leaving his hyungs behind. The maknae was bored out of his mind and tried to waste time by doing something instead of standing there.

“Hmm, I like thith one…” He mumbled to himself and picked up a light blue sweater before putting it back in the rack.

He turned to the right to continue looking but he stopped and his eyes widened.

There was a girl with her back facing him and he recognized who it was that instant.

“N-Noona?” He whispered and watched as the girl in front of him picked a hoodie up and looked at it.

A smile spread itself on his lips and he hurried happily to her. He awkwardly cleared his throat behind her and he saw that she slightly jumped.

 

This shop seems interesting. Heesung thought when she stopped in front a men’s clothes store that seemed like it just opened. Can look around at least.

Oh, this one was nice! She thought and picked up a blue top.

Gasping she walked over to a table with hoodies and picked up a beige colored one with a design on them. This one would so look god on Lay. Yes, the girl liked buying clothes for the boys. She didn’t know why but she’s always bought something for them when she knew that it’d look good.

“Miss, would you like a basket for that?” A dark voice said and she looked up.

A cute boy was standing beside her with a smile holding a blue basket.

Smiling back and taking the blue basket placing the hoodie in she thanked the boy who bowed and walked away. Well, he was kinda cute…

This is so Tao! She thought and ran over to a black sleeveless hoodie. The shoulders were padded with dark grey patches and the zipper was a tiny paw.

Smiling Heesung also put it in the basket together with the beige hoodie for Lay.

Picking up another hoodie she slightly jumped when she hard someone clear their throat rather loud behind her startling her.

Turning around her eyes widened at the tall boy that stood behind her.

Sehun smiled and bowed his head. “Annyeong noona!” He greeted her and Heesung awkwardly smiled back.

“A-Ah, Sehun-ah. What are you doing here?” She asked and slowly put the hoodie in the basket.

“Oh, I came here with hyungs.”

So everyone of them are here?! Gotta go.

“Well that was nice Sehun-ah.” She smiled. “But I have to go now!”

Walking past him Heesung headed to the cashier to pay and get the hell out of there.

“Ah, hello.” The cute boy was standing by the cashier flashing a smile.

“Hello, listen. Uhm, kind off in a hurry.” She said and placed the hoodies on the counter in front of him.

“Sure, running away?” He asked and chuckled.

“What?” Heesung asked while taking out your wallet from her bag looking for cash.

“Saw the little incident with that boy over there.” He chuckled again while taking out a bag.

“Oh, well.” Heesung looked back and saw Sehun talking to Suho. When suddenly she got eye contact with Sehun who smiled. Suho who happened to wonder whom the maknae was smiling at also turned around and his eyes widened.

Paying the boy fast she grabbed the bag and accepted the change he gave her.

“Whoa, two boys too.” He said and smirked. “You better hurry now.”

Heesung just nodded ignoring his comment and hurried out the store.

 

“Was that…?” Suho asked and Sehun nodded. Suho just smiled and nodded along with the maknae.

“Why does Sehun look like that?” Baekhyun asked he and D.O looking at the young boy with a raised eyebrow each.

Sehun blinked a couple of times before noticing that he had been grinning for a while now.

“Aw, is maknae blushing?” D.O chuckled.

“Who’s blushing?” Chanyeol asked walking towards the group with Kai both holding a bag each.

“Sehun-ah is blushing.” D.O chuckled again making the maknae hit him on the arm his ears now red too.

“Wae? Wae?” A now excited Chanyeol asked throwing his arm over the embarrassed boy.

“He met Hyorin-shi a while ago.” Suho said smiling.

“Hyorin?! You mean Hyorin from Two Moons?!” Kais’ eyes widened. Suho nodded and Kais jaw dropped. He was been longing too see her again if he had to be honest.

“Where’d she go?”

“The was in a hurry.” Sehun answered while trying to get Chanyeol to stop teasing him.

Heesung sat down by a round bench in the middle of the mall and sighed. Why did she have to bump in too those guys back there? This was somewhat bad.

At least I got the hoodies though. She smiled at the thought. Just when she was about to stand up she froze when she saw the six boys walking towards her direction. All of them talking and laughing with each other.

“, , !” She hissed under her breath. Since it was quiet an open space around them she had nowhere to hide. Unless she would run in heels to the closest store which was an underwear shop.

She looked up again and met eyes with a wide-eyed Sehun who grinned and literally ran over to her. Oh great.

“Annyeong-noona!” He greeted her and bowed.

“H-Hey, Sehun-ah.” Heesung greeted back and bowed her head.

“Long time no see.” A husky voice said and she immediately knew who it was.

Heesung looked at the boy behind the maknae and saw his smirk on his lips.

“Well hello to you too, Kai? Was it?” She asked tilted her head raising an eyebrow.

“Glad that you remember me.” He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets with the smirk still on his face.

“Hyorin-shi, what a coincidence to bump into you here!” Suho said and smiled while fixing his glasses.

Heesung just smiled back and nodded not knowing what to answer.

“Noona, I thought you were in a hurry?” Sehun asked and blinked.

“Y-Yeah, well things got cancelled.” Heesung lied and cleared .

“Great timing.” Kai said and made his way towards her. “Hang out with us for a while then.” He suggested leaning closer towards you.

“Oh, yeah! Great idea!” Sehun smiled and nodded happily.

Suho and Chanyeol nodded agreeing with the tanned boy while D.O rolled his eyes. Baekhyun was standing next to D.O and was eyeing Heesung from top to toe. Hm, why do I get a feeling that I’ve met her way before? He thought.

Heesung was about to turn down the boys offer but suddenly thought about how she could get to know them more like this. Maybe find interesting things about them she could have use for in the future.

Smiling she answered faking hesitation. “Well… Maybe for a while then.”

“Assa!” Sehun cheered and fist pumped the air.

“Well then. Where do you want to go?” Suho asked.

“I’m getting hungry.” Chanyeol said and rubbed his stomach.

“Let’s go to a café?” D.O suggested and Suho nodded.

“C’mon Hyorin-noona. I’ll treat you.” Kai casually said placed your arm through his.

Ugh. Heesung just played along and smiled when Kai had linked their arms together and started walking.

Sehun frowned behind them and eyed their linked arms. “I wanted to do that with noona…” He mumbled bitterly.

“What?” D.O asked and looked up at the maknae.

“N-Nothing!” Sehun answered and looked away and increased his speed.

All of them were now sitting around a round table in a corner of a café they found. Every one of them had ordered something to eat but Heesung didn’t really want anything but Kai insisted since he was treating her. So in the end she got a small bowl of vanilla and chocolate ice cream and a glass of water.

“So Hyorin-shi.” Chanyeol said across the table. “What school do you attend?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’ve been wondering that too.” Suho chimed in. “Or do you work?”

“I… Uhm, work.” Heesung lied.

“Oh, cool! With what?” Sehun asked and placed a spoon full of rice in his mouth.

“I help my brother at his work.” It wasn’t entirely a lie. She has helped her brother in the café lots of times.

The boys nodded at her answer before they began eating again. Heesung placed a spoon filled with vanilla ice cream in and saw Kai staring at her from the corner of her eye.

Deciding to be a little flirty she purposely smeared a little of the ice cream on the corner of her lips. She noticed Kai’s eyes had averted to her lips and that’s when she slowly it away seductively.

 

God damn… Kai thought and watched as her pink tongue slid across her upper lip. Gulping he began eating again while feeling that his face became warm.

 

Smirking Heesung continued eating her ice cream normally oblivious that Baekhyun was keeping an eye on her from the other side of the table.

 

“Ahh!” The maknae sighed happily as they all left the café. “That wath deliciouth!”

Heesung had learnt quiet a lot of the boys from watching them interact with each other. She noticed that Chanyeol loves putting his arms around his friends’ shoulders and that he has a creepy yet cute derp face, if she had to admit. D.O kept keeping an eye on everyone and acted like a mother. Suho was the smartest and eldest one but everyone treated him like a grandpa. Sehun kept asking questions and he wasn’t actually as poker faced like he usually was in school when girls flocked around him. He was the total opposite. Kai, as usual kept flirting with her. Baekhyun was the quietest one. He wasn’t as talkative as he was at school and Heesung found that weird. She also caught him staring at her a couple of times but every time their eyes met he quickly looked away. Heesung got a bad feeling that Baekhyun might’ve recognized her. She had to be careful from now on.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry but I got to go!” Heesung said and looked glanced down to her watch. The boys might come home any minute now and if she wasn’t home she’d be in trouble.

“Eh? Wae…” Sehun whined and pouted.

“Ah, I have to head home. My brother needs me.” She lied and they believed her.

“And when will I see you again?” Kai asked and smirked.

D.O rolled his eyes while shaking his head.

“Tonight.” Heesung answered and smirked back. Sehuns mouth fell and he stared wide-eyed at the two. Kai raised an amused eyebrow. “Oh, really? Where?”

“In your dreams.” She replied and turned around while waving to the others. “Thanks for the meal by the way.” Heesung winked before completely disappearing into the crowd.

“OOOOHH.” Chanyeol boomed and placed his arm over a shocked Kai.

Sehun let out a happy sigh when Heesung didn’t really mean that they were going too meet tonight.

Suho and D.O was snickering beside a wide-eyed Baekhyun.

“She really is something…” Suho said and coughed before he smiled widely.

“I know right? I mean… Dissing Kai like that, I think I’m in love hahah!” Chanyeol joked.

Sighing Kai shook his head before the group continued walking away.

Then I’ll see you in my dreams tonight… 

_______________

A/N

Hello! I'm sorry that i haven't been updating this fic >< I come home late evryday from school and i have a lot to do when i get home... But i hope that you guys still read this ;w; I've already begun a little with the next chapter but i need some inspiration...

So if you have any ideas or so please comment? Like what do you wish to happen next? 

BTW, Don't worry there will be more Kai and Heesung interactions soon ^^

What do you think about Baekhyun and Heesungs awkward interactions in school lol ?

Please go and check out my latest fic too!

She's My Black Pearl

Haha.. Kinda got inspired in the middle of the night to write that.

Pls, comment and subscribe! 

I like reading your comments ^^...

And i apologize if there's any mistakes!

She's My Black Pearl