Christmas

Playing the player

                                                    

 

BAEKHYUN POV

Christmas came and my brother was in the kitchen cooking while I was sitting in my room looking at the still unopened letter. I had forgotten about it when Heesung was here the last time. I received a text from her early morning when I was still sleeping actually, greeting me a Merry Christmas. The text from her put a smile on my face when I woke up and I texted her back that she should have a Merry Christmas herself.

    “Baekhyun!” I heard my brother call and I quickly rose to my feet and was out the door.

    “Yeah?” I asked and walked into the kitchen finding my table filled with food.

    “Food’s done.” My brother chuckled and noticed my hungry gaze.

    I smiled and took a seat in front of him and fixed my blue dress shirts collar. My brother was dressed quite casually but still managed to look good in his white dress shirt and black jeans. We both began eating as well as talking.

    “Heesung’s a very fascinating girl.” He suddenly said and I nearly choked on my rice.

    “W-What?” I asked and coughed a couple of times.

    “You like her don’t you?” He asked and smirked at me.

    “W-What?” My eyes widened and my face started heating up.

    “No need to lie to me little brother. I saw how you looked at her when you saw her with me.” He placed a spoon full of rice and vegetables in his mouth.

    “How…”

    “I confess, I’ve tried hitting on her.” He chuckled and I quickly frowned. “But she quickly said that she wasn’t interested.” My brother sighed and my eyes widned once more.

    “It’s not often a girl rejects me.” He looked at me. “She’s one of a kind little brother, don’t hurt her feelings.”

    “She doesn’t even have feelings for me…” I mumbled and began eating again but I heard my brother laugh.

    “We talked about you, you know.” He took a gulp of soda from his glass.

    “You did?” I asked, surprised. “W-What did Heesung say?”

    “That’s a secret.” He winked playfully at me and I frowned.

    “Tell me!”

    “Eat little brother so we can open presents!”My brother grinned widely and continued eating while I just gaped at him.

 

 

 

HEESUNG POV.

 

 

“NOOONAAA!” Zelo’s loud voice made me jerk awake right when the door flew open. Zelo grinned widely as he jumped onto your bed with Tao after him.

    “MERRY CHRISTMAS!” The two said and I just laughed. What time was it?

    “Merry Christmas to you two as well.” I patted the two of them on their hands and noticed that they were still in their sweatpants.

    “Aish, the two of you are too loud!” Kris’s loud voice was heard from the stairs.

    I sighed and told the two to get off me and they did so I could get out of bed and stretch. “Heesung, I’m going to start cooking in the kitchen with Youngjae!” My brother peeked into my room briefly before disappearing down the stairs.

    “There’s a lot of presents under the tree already!” Zelo bounced up and down happily. “I already saw my name on a few of them!”

    “Me too!” Tao chimed in, then the two ran out of your room and their heavy steps were heard on the stairs.

    I sighed and shook my head, closing my door then walking into my bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. After changing into a pair of sheer tights and a red dress that hugged my upper body but leaving the skirt flared around my hips I curled my hair and applied some makeup.

    Dinner came and everyone sat around our dining table eating and laughing together. The maknaes were wearing Santa hats with suits on. Everyone looked handsome in their suits and styled hair. After dinner we all gathered in the living room like always and waited for Yongguk to set up the camera to take this years Christmas photo.

    “Hyung, hurry up!” Jongup whined and slouched on the floor.

    “I’m trying too!” Yongguk said and fiddled with the camera that didn’t want to stay still on its tripod.

     After what seemed like forever Yongguk finally managed to set the camera up and ran to his seat beside me on the long red couch. We all watched the red light blink and smiled when ten seconds had passed and let the flash snap a picture.

    We all posed awkwardly for a few more photos and just laughed when Yongguk found the remote control to keep on snapping pictures.

    “Yah!” Himchan roared when Zelo threw himself onto his lap together with Luhan.

    Yongguk snapped a lot of pictures that we would all see later on but now it was time for the presents.

    The tall Christmas tree in our living room was decorated with pictures of all of us together with the casual Christmas balls, lighting, glitter, and even ginger bread and candy canes. Xiumin and Youngjae managed to steal some without anyone noticing but me, but of course I just kept quiet about it. Presents surrounded the whole tree until it covered most of the floor; there were differents sizes of boxes that had cards and big ribbons on them. Kris and Lay managed to make a fire before Chen would give everyone’s presents out. Last year it was Luhan who gave everyone their presents.

    “And this!” Chen picked up a huge box wrapped in blue paper and read the card. “Is for Lay!” Lay grinned and stretched out to receive the box from his friend and placed it in front of him where he already had a few other boxes.

    “This…” Chen huffed and seemed to have a problem picking the rectangular box up. “What the hell is in this thing?” He muttered and read the card. “Xiumin!” Xiumin reached out and took the box in his hand and even he huffed.

    “What the hell? Is it like frozen food in this or what?” He commented and tried shaking the box.

    Everyone laughed and Chen continued to give out everyones presents. After all the boxes under the tree were gone Himchan said that everyone could open their presents already and the sound of paper being wripped filled the room.

    “I’ll go get a black bag where everyone can throw their trash in later!” Yongguk left the room for a moment and came back holding a roll of black bags.

    “Noona, thank you!” Jongup was sitting on the floor by my legs and reached up to hug me tightly. He had opened my present, which was a pair of beats speakers, neon blue, limited edition that could glow in the dark.

    “Welcome.” I chuckled and ruffled his blonde hair and he preceded to wrip open his other presents.

    The two giant maknaes gasped as they zipped their kigurumis up with their suits under. I had bought a panda one for Tao and he pulled the hood over his head, and a rabbit one for Zelo and he played with the ears. “Noona, thank you!” They yelled and I just waved at them from where I sat since there was literally a wave of trash on the floor.

    “It was frozen food!” Xiumin exclaimed and gazed at the frozen package filled with dumplings and flavored ice cream. We all laughed as he ran into the kitchen to put it in the freezer. “No one touches that!” He said when he returned. “Thanks Youngjae!”

    “Oh.” Kris raised his eyebrows and lifted the dark blue blazer with a black collar and folded sleeves. He turned to me with a smirk and winked as I smiled sweetly back at him.

   “Omo.” I chuckled and looked at the golden Louibutins with the dark red sole. I turned to my brother who was sitting beside me and smile widely at him. “Thank you, oppa!” I said and kissed him on the cheek.

    I received four new pairs of heels from expensive names to add to my collection as well as dresses, I was surprised that Chen knew my size for a black strapless dress that looked like it was going to fit me tightly. When I turned to him he just gave me a playful wink and I just laughed. I also received a lot of jewelry, diamonds and pearls. Yongguk bought me a pearl bracelet that was shaped into flowers and I put it on immediately.

    It’s gone twenty minutes and no one was even done opening half of their presents yet. A remote controlled helicopter flew around the room controlled by Daehyun who was sitting on the floor with the control, gazing up at the big helicopter. “Dude, does that thing have a spy camera?!” Luhan exclaimed and saw a small screen on the control Daehyun was holding. “Ssh!” Daehyun scolded.

   

 

BAEKHYUN POV

 

 

    “Ah, thanks hyung.” I grinned and accepted the thick envelope from him that was filled with money from my parents. He gave me another one just as thick that was from him.

    “Oh, nice!” He gazed at the cufflinks in their small sequined box. “Thanks little brother!” He had already opened the dress shirts that I had given him and they laid neatly folded on the couch. I was surprised that my brother gave me a new watch as well, a silver Rolex that shined under the light as it was wrapped around my wrist. I had already looked at the shirts and pants he’s given me and they laid neatly folded beside his dress shirts on the couch. He gave me some simple shirts with designs on them as well as three new expensive dress shirts from Dolce.

    After we had cleaned away the trash and fixed the kitchen we sat in front of my TV and watched a comedy that was on. We laughed and judged the whole movie as we sat in the couch until the credits came on. It was getting late and I was sitting in my room diving the money I received from my brother and parents. I placed some of them in a cashbox that I kept hidden in my room and the rest in my wallet. I was a huge amount from both of them as usual and my wallet suddenly became thick.

    “Baekhyun?” I heard a light knock on my door and I spun around. My brother stood in his suit and I just knew that he was going to leave.

    “Yes?” I asked and stood up, following him into the living room where I saw his suitcase standing by the hallway.

    “I’ve been called into an urgent meeting in Busan.”

    “Busan?”

    He sighed deeply. “I’m sorry, I need to leave now. There’s a cab waiting for me outside.”

    I gulped and nodded. “It’s only for a few days.” He told me and patted my shoulder. “I’ll be back, don’t worry.”

    The thing was. I didn’t feel anything now that he was going to leave for a few days. I’m so used to it that I’ve just stopped caring where he went.

    “It . On Christmas when I thought that I could rest for a day…” He brushed his light hair back with his long fingers before he put his coat on. “I’ll call before I head back, alright?”

    “Sure.” I hugged him and he hugged me back tightly. “Take care, hyung.”

    “You too.” He gave me a small smile before closing the door behind him. I didn’t even notice the tears that started rolling down my cheeks as I locked the door.

    Once again I was left alone in my apartment, on Christmas too. I was lying in my bed, my head hurting from the crying I did before. I didn’t even know why I was crying when he left.

    The familiar loud ringing filled my room, making me turn my head to my bedside table where my phone screen blinked in the darkness. Reaching out for it I answered without checking who it was.  

    “Hello?” I said and noticed that my voice was hoarse.

    “Baekhyun?”

    My eyes widened and I immediately sat up in my bed. “H-Heesung?”

    “Hi.”

    I coughed and cleared my throat before swinging my legs over my bed, standing up to turn my lights on. “Hey.” I breathed ut and walked out of my room.

    “Open your door.”

     Then she hung up on me. An unknowing smile spread on my lips as I ran and opened my front door. Heesung was standing outside holding out a small gift bag that had a big red ribbon on it. She smiled widely at me; her eyes turning into crescent moons making my heart skip a beat. “Merry Christmas!”

     I grinned widely and nervously accepted the gift bag from her and let her in my apartment. I frowned when I saw that she was just wearing thin black sheer thights. “Aren’t you cold?” He asked and helped her hang her jacket up onto a hook. She shook her head and walked in, taking a seat by my kitchen table. I sat down in front of her and placed the gift bag on the table. “Don’t open it yet.” She told me and I raised an eyebrow.

    “Ah!” I jumped up from my seat and hurried into my room. I almost forgot her present!

    I placed the sequined box onto the table in front of her and blushed madly when she fiddled with the pink ribbon on it. “You got me a present?”

    “W-Why wouldn’t I?”

    Calm down Byun Baekhyun. She chuckled and looked at me. “My brother’s not home.” I told her. “I know.”

    “No, Christmas tree?” She asked and craned her neck as she scanned the livingroom. I shook my head.

    “I’ve never had a Christmas tree.”

    “Really?” She raised her eyebrows, her tone surprised. I shook my head once again.

    “I see.”

    “W-What brings you here?” I asked.

    “To give you your present.” She simply said. “And to see you, of course.” She smiled and I felt my heart skip a beat once more.

    “I…” I paused and gulped. Her gray eyes blinked at me as she waited for me to continue. I awkwardly lifted my hand from under the table and placed the unopened letter from school and slid it towards her with a burning face.

    “You haven’t opened it yet?” She asked when she picked it up and I quickly shook my head.

    “I want you to do it.”

    She chuckled. “Are you sure?” I nodded and gulped, anticipating what it said on the letter.

    Heesung picked the envelope up and and slowly ripped it open. My heart beating faster with every rip her slender fingers made. Finally she took out the folded paper from inside the envelope and I watched her with wide eyes as she unfolded it. Her eyes met mine briefly before I saw her start reading. My leg was shaking under the table as she continued reading the letter. Please, let me have passed them all. Please, god!

    Her face was calm as well as her expression as she read. I couldn’t guess what she was thinking while she read the letter. She blinked a couple of times; her long lashes casting shadows on her pale cheeks.

    “Well…” She breathed out and re folded the paper, placing it in front of her on the table. She leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms above her chest, her gray eyes looking into my frightened ones.

     I didn’t know what to say, her cold expression not telling me anything. Did I pass or did I completely fail? If I had to admit I was so scared on the inside, I think she could tell from my frightened expression.

    She gazed at me for a moment before opened. “I must say…” She continued and my heard beat even harder in my chest. “I’m quite impressed…”

    What?

    “... Mr. Byun Baekhyun.”

    I gasped and shot up in my sit, her not even flinching when I grabbed the letter and read it myself. Congratulations for making it into the top ten highest results from the winter finals, Byun Baekhyun. Top ten? Top ten?! I MADE IT INTO THE TOP TEN IN THE WHOLE SCHOOL?!

   I gaped at the letter before my eyes went back to Heesung. She was sitting calmly in her seat her eyes looking at me. I reread the letter over and over again until I dropped it on the table. “I…”

    “Top ten.” Heesung nodded for herself. “Impressive.”

    “I…” I gaped at her for a moment before my lips spread into a wide grin. “I won the bet!” I gasped, still not believing it. “Haha!” I cheered loudly and raised my fist into the air. “I won!”

    Heesung shook her head and stood up from her seat, putting the letter back into the envelope. I quickly ran around the table towards her and embraced her tightly in a hug. “Ah!” She yelped and dropped the envelope on the floor.

    “I won!” I said once again, still not believing it. All the late nights filled with studying has pulled off! I won the bet! I won a kiss! And I can touch her again!   

    “I know.” Heesung grabbed my fore arms and I loosened my grip on her but still held her close to my body. Looking down at her she raised an eyebrow at me, probably noticing that my grin was still on my face.

    “You seem awfully happy, Mr. Byun Baekhyun.”

    “Of course I am!” She chuckled and shook her head. “I just won a kiss!”

    Heesung sighed with a small smile on her face before her arms slowly slid up around my neck. “I’m really impressed.” She told me. “Top ten, placing seventh with the score of 93.6.”

    “I’m shocked over myself as well.” I said and leaned my forehead onto hers. “Suho-hyung made fourth place.”

    “I’m sure he’ll freak out when he comes home and reads the letter.”

    “That he’ll probably will.” I chuckled.

    “So Mr. Byun Baekhyun.” Heesung tilted her head as she looked up at me with her gray eyes. “When would you like that kiss that you’ve earned?”

    I lifted my head and thought about it for a while. Now wouldn’t hurt right?

    “Now, please.” I smiled and looked down at her again.

    “Now?”

    “Yes, please.”

     She shook her head before I felt her fingers curl into my hair pulling me closer to her. We both closed our eyes when our lips met. At first it just a touch, her lips grazing mine. A teasing softness right before she crushed her lips onto mine, her fingers gripping harder into my hair. My hands s to her waist pulling her closer towards me as I backed her up towards the wall. She gasped when her back was met with the wall but she didn’t break the kiss.

    When she broke it we both were panting while looking into each other’s eyes, my forehead pressed onto hers. My arms were still around her waist while one of her hands were still in my hair, the other resting on my shoulder fiddling with the collar of my shirt. I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on her lips, which she didn’t mind, as she kissed me back.

    Her face was flushed and I knew mine was too. I know that she felt it was well, that spark of electricity that was flowing between our bodies. It was the same one like that other night and I kept showering her lips with light kisses.

    “Was that an ok kiss?” She asked after she seemed to have gotten her breath back.

    I smiled. “That was more than an ok kiss.” I told her and leaned down to plant one last soft kiss on her lips before I slowly let go of her.

    She chuckled as she fixed the skirt of her dress and her curled hair. I went back to my seat, already missing having her in my arms. We took our seats once again and just kept smiling widely at each other. “Can we have another bet like this for the spring finals?”

    “Yah!” She gasped and reached forward and lightly slapped me on the head while I laughed.

    “You can open your present now.” I told her and gestured for the small dark box in front of her. I felt my heart starting to pound hard in my chest once more as I watched her slowly pick it up in her hands and open it.

    She gasped as her eyes widened. I bit my lip as her eyes turned to me. “Yah…” She said and picked the silver ring up from the box.

    “Y-You like it?” I asked and felt my face heat up even more. She didn’t say anything as she held it in her fingers and gazed at it. She didn’t answer me at first but then she slid it onto her right ring finger and held it up.

    “It’s beautiful.” She smiled widely.

    “I actually made that myself…” I mumbled and gulped.

    It was a thick silver ring with a hexagon shape on it. Inside the hexagon was a dark blue gem that glowed under the light. “Really?” She turned to me with wide eyes still holding her hand up.

    “Well… The jewelry store I went to, you could design your own jewelry then they’d make it for you. I mean I was there helping out since I wanted to see how they do it. Quite an experience actually, I helped the old lady making it, carv the gem.” I awkwardly scratched the back of my head. “It’s nothing fancy…”

    Her eyes turned to her fingers again and she angled her fingers under the light and watched the blue gem shimmer in the shape of a hexagon. “I love it.” She smiled widely and kept her eyes on the ring. “It’s been a while since someone made a handmade thing for me.”

    I grinned widely. Success Baekhyun! “My present kind of compared to this…” She muttered and looked at the gift bag.

    “Well I received a hot kiss before as well.” I shrugged and she rolled her eyes. “So I can count this as my second present from you.” I reached for the bag and noticed that it barely weighed anything; I didn’t notice it before since I was too surprised that Heesung showed up. I peeked into the bag and furrowed my eyebrows when I took out the long white envelope that felt thick.

    “Don’t tell me its money.” I raised an eyebrow and she shook her head. “Yah.”

    I chuckled and read the neat handwriting on the back of the envelope. Merry Christmas Byun Baekhyun. From: H.

    I slowly peeled the lid of the envelope off and raised my eyebrows when I took the red paper out. It was shaped as a teardrop and felt thick in my hands; I held it in front of me then looked at her with a questioning gaze. She rolled her eyes once again. “Open it.”

   Ah, so you could open it. I held it like a book In my hands and found the little flap and opened it and gasped when it looked like a heart, most of them escaping, fluttering down to the floor leaving me with one big red paper heart in my hands. On it said, Good for one wish.

    I raised an eyebrow once more at her and I saw her gulp. “What’s this?” I asked, surprised yet confused.

    “It’s a heart-wish.” She cleared .

    “Heart-wish?”

    “It’s also kind of… Handmade.” It made me smile when she said that and I looked down at the red heart in my hands.

    “Basically I made these up.” She shrugged. “You can cash them in any time. They’re good for one wish or favor that you’d want from me.” My mouth fell. “Anything that you can think of that’s in my power to grant you.”

    “A-Anything?” My heart pounded as my mind filled with images but I quickly shook them away. Byun Baekhyun! My mind scolded me.

    Heesung raised an eyebrow. “Anything I’m capable of doing.”

    “Kiss me one more time.” I blurted out and she raised her eyebrows.

    “Well Mr. Byun Baekhyun.” She tilted her head looking amused as I felt my face heat up. “I think I’m capable of doing that.” She smiled sweetly at me as she snatched the paper heart from my hands and tore it up.

    My eyes widened and I immediately dropped to the floor, pushing my chair back making it screech as I frantically looked for the other heart-wishes. “How many were there?” I asked and found two. Seeing them under the table and reached for them, crawling forward. I wanted every single one of these bad-boys in my hand! They were definitely made out of solid gold.

    “Five.” She choked out with a laugh.

    I heaved a sigh of relief as I snagged the last one from under my chair. As I stood up I breathed out and pulled my chair back to the table and sat down putting the four hearts together and folding them to a teardrop. “So your brother is gone?” She asked and I immediately frowned. Why is she asking about him now?

    “Sudden business trip to Busan. He’ll be gone for a few days.” I muttered.

    Heesung nodded. “I actually came here for another reason.” Baekhyun looked up with raised eyebrows. “Really?”

    “Well, Yongguk actually suggested it.”

    “Suggested what?”

    “If…” She hesitated but now I was interested in what suggestion that man had made. “If you wanted to stay over for a few days.”

    My eyes widened. “W-What? Really?”

    She nodded and looked at me. “My brother and Yongguk were called in to the same meeting your brother went to but they declined.”

    “They could do that?” I gasped.

    “Our company’s more powerful so yes, we could skip that meeting and they both love Christmas.” She shrugged casually.

    “So…” She scratched her neck and looked quite awkward. “If you don’t want too…”

    “I-I want too!” She widened her eyes.

    “Are you sure?”

    I nodded and got on my feet. “Yes!” I was about to hurry to my room but stopped and turned back at her. “What do I need to bring?”

    She chuckled and stood up as well, following me into my room. “Clothes, toothbrush… You know just normal sleepover things.” I nodded and grabbed a gymbag from my closet and opened it. Heesung took a seat on the chair by my desk and watched me pack down clothes.

    “We both actually felt bad.” She mumbled and I turned to her.

    “What?”

    “I mean… Alone on Christmas…” She looked away and I just chuckled.

    “I appreciate it. Really.” I really did. I felt happy when she asked me if I wanted to stay over a few days. I wouldn’t have to be alone then.

    After running into the bathroom to grab my toothbrush and throwing it into my bag I zipped it closed and Heesung followed me out of my room and I checked that everything else was turned off. I even packed the rest of the heart-wishes in my bag and she grabbed the box where her ring laid. We got dressed in the hallway and I frowned at her thin tights once again when I locked my door behind us. “You sure you’re not going to be cold?” I asked when we began walking down the corridor towards the elevator.

    “No, Yongguk is actually outside.”

    My eyes widened when she pressed the up button for the elevator. “H-He’s been outside waiting the whole time?” She nodded and the elevator plinged when the doors opened.

    “Oh…” I mumbled and stepped in with her. After she pressed the button for the lobby and the doors slid close she turned to me and reached her hand up to the collar of my jacket.

    “About that wish…” She mumbled and looked up at me. I smiled widely when she leaned up and connected our lips together.

     When the elevator plinged we separated, both panting for breath with flushed faces. Once we stepped out she reached up and fixed my hair before she straightened her coat. “Yongguk’s in the car.” She said and began walking.

   There was an SUV right outside the building covered in snow because of the heavy wind. Heesung quickly opened the back door and climbed in with me coming in after her. I breathed out and placed my gymbag between the two of us. “What took you so long, kids?” Yongguk asked and looked back.

    “We were just talking.” Heesung fixed her hair and shifted in her seat.

    “Hello, hyung.” I smiled at Yongguk who smiled a gummy smile back.

    “Hey, Baekyun.” He faced forward once again and turned the engine on.

    It was snowing a lot when we arrived in front of Heesungs house and I still get amazed everytime I see it. Yongguk dropped us off by the door before driving to park the car in the garage. He came running out with his arm up, trying to protect his face from the snow. Unlocking the door he gestured for us to walk in first and we did.

    “NOONNAAAAA.” A loud voice surprised the three of us and that giant boy Zelo came running down the hall towards Heesung attacking her with a hug. I looked away to hang my jacket.

    “What took you so long?” Zelo asked and helped Heesung hang her damp coat.

    “Snow.” Yongguk answered the boy and walked passed him, bending down and grabbing my gym bag. “Ah-“

    He turned to me with a smile. “I’ll show you to one of the guest rooms.” He said and I immediately followed him up the stairs, looking back to see Zelo tug Heesung into the living room.

    “Here.” Yongguk opened a door and walked in with me following. The room was simple and clean. And empty closet in the wall stood open as well as what I assumed was the bathroom. The room was big, bigger than my room. Why does it look like a hotel room? It even smelled fresh.

     Yongguk placed my bag on the floor and told me to follow him down again, which I did. He led me into the kitchen and my eyes immediately spotted the long dining table still filled with food. “Hungry?” Yongguk asked and my stomach decided to growl as an answer. I felt my face heat up but he just chuckled and took a plate out from a cupboard and led me to the table.

    There were two boys sitting by the dining table, eating sweets when Yongguk put the plate down beside one of them, one of them were Youngjae. “Ah, Baekhyun!” He greeted me with a smile. “Hey.” I greeted him back and sat down.

    “This is Xiumin.” Youngjae gestured the man chewing on a piece of cake beside me.

    “Hey! Remember me?” Xiumin grinned and shook my hand. Oh, right. He’s the one that always ate when we were here studying. I always wondered how old he was but never wanted to ask. Why does he look younger than me?

    Yongguk chuckled and placed a clean glass and utensils in front of me. “You two, make sure he eats alright?” The two saluted and next thing I know Xiumin began putting food on my plate.

   

 

 

HEESUNG POV

   

    As I thought, almost everyone was in still in the livingroom playing with their presents. Atleast the floor wasn’t covered in wrapping paper and ribbons anymore like it was when you left. Himchan and Yongguk had to take a phone call in the middle of unwrapping their presents and they told me to follow, which I did of course. Yongguk told us what the man said on the other line when he hung up. We talked about the business trip to Busan but we all decided to skip it and stay since it’s Christmas, no way we were going to Busan now.

    When my brother left us Yongguk said that Baekhyuns brother would be going and that he was already on his way to the airport. I suddenly felt bad for Baekhyun being alone during Christmas and it was barely late evening yet. I was actually planning to go and visit later when I assumed his brother would be sleeping but took the chance to go earlier instead. Yongguk insisted driving but we had to talk to my brother about it first. Of course it took a while to convince him making Baekhyun stay for a few days but after a while he gave up and agreed.

    We told everyone else as well before we left and none of them seemed to mind. I already knew the looks Zelo, Tao, and Kris had on their faces and just sighed. They were planning to make it hard for Baekhyun and I had to tell them not to do anything stupid while he’s here.

    I also decided on giving him his present from me as well when I’m there anyway. I didn’t know how I made these cards up anyways. I was just sitting and reading in my room when the next thing I knew was I was sitting cutting out hearts from red paper. Knowing Baekhyun, I knew that he’d ask for a kiss once he knew what they were. I was hesitating quite a lot when I made these and put them in the envelope, I didn’t know what else Baekhyun might ask me to do and if I had to admit I was a little frightened, just a little. But I knew Baekhyun wouldn’t let me do anything humiliating, if he did, I dare him too.

    After spending some time with the boys in the living room and playing with their toys with them I decided to go and check on Baekhyun wherever he was. I walked into the kitchen and raised my eyebrow when I saw him sitting beside Xiumin and Youngjae at the table, their back facing me so I couldn’t see their faces but I heard them murmuring. With eyesbrows furrowed in wonder I walked towards them, then around the table only to gasp.

    The three looked up at me with their cheeks filled with marshmallows and their mouths open. Half an empty marshmallow bag laid on the table in front of them and I quickly grabbed a napkin from the table and wiped Youngjae’s chin because he started drooling.

    “Tshhankyouho!” I just assumed that he thanked me.

    “What are you guys doing?” I asked and placed my hands on my hips. Baekhyun looked like he tried smiling at me with a wave but I just rolled my eyes.

     “Chubbvy bunhhy!” Xiumin managed to say before he placed another marshmallow in his mouth, poking it in there and I reached out and wiped his chin as well. “Oh my god!” I gasped.

    “Chubbvyyyh…” Youngjae poked in another marshmallow as well. “… Buhhyy!”

    “Chubbhyyh buuuhnvy!” I reached out to Baekhyun and wiped his chin as well after he poked another marshmallow in his mouth.

    “Seriously guys?!” I gaped at them while they continued their game. Four marshmallows later they all gagged and ran towards the trashcan and bent over it, spitting out the marshmallows they had in their mouths and I just had to look away. “Disgusting…” I muttered under my breath and they all walked back to their seats, gulping down their sodas.

    “Well men.” Xiumin nodded to himself. “I guess that was a fair game.” He said to the two boys and they both nodded as well. “I’m impressed Baekhyun.” He turned to the grinning boy.

    “How much marshmallows did you put in?” I asked and raised an eyebrow at them.

    “All of us managed nineteen.” Youngjae answered and they all grinned widely at me.

    “My cheeks feel so stretched out…” Baekhyun rubbed his cheeks and whined.

    They all just laughed and I sighed out. “Did you eat?” I asked Baekhyun and he nodded.

    “Xiumin-hyung kept putting food on my plate.” He leaned back in his seat and patted his stomach. “Everything was delicious!”

     I just smiled and nodded. “I just came to check on how you were.” I said and turned to leave but heard their footsteps follow right behind me. I walked into the living room again and sat down on the couch, Xiumin and Youngjae returning to their toys and gifts on the floor. Baekhyun gasped when he saw beside me and I knew that he had spotted out tall Christmas tree. “Whoa.”

    “Whoa.” I nodded and looked up as well before turning to him.

    “I’m jealous.” He murmured.

    Suddenly a blue package appeared in front of Baekhyun surprising him. He looked up and saw Yongguk standing their holding onto it. “Merry Christmas.” He grinned and I just smiled while looking at Baekhyuns shocked expression.

    “I…” His hands were awkwardly in the air, contemplating weither he should take the package or not.

    Yongguk just chuckled and placed it in his lap. “Go ahead open it.” He urged Baekhyun who still stared awkwardly at the package. Yongguk took a seat next to him and all of a sudden everyone in the room was looking at him and I noticed that he must’ve felt uncomfortable.

    “Why?” Baekhyun asked and turned to Yongguk with wide confused eyes.

    “Do people need reasons to give presents?” He asked and tilted his head. “Just open it.” He lightly shoved Baekhyuns shoulder with a grin.

    Baekhyun awkwardly fiddled with the ribbon before untying it and wripping the wrapping paper apart. He gasped when he saw the white beats solo headphones picture on the box and he turned to Yongguk. “Really?”

    Yongguk just nodded with a wide grin. “B-But I don’t have any-“

    Yongguk held his hand up and shook his head. “No need.”

    “I have something for you too!” Chen got on his feet and walked towards Baekhyun and held out a keychain that looked like a light switch. Baekhyun took it and pressed the white switch and a light beam . Baekhyun gaped at it as he turned the light on and off repeatedly.

    “Why does he seem more amused with the keychain than the headphones?” Lay asked and everyone laughed, including Baekhyun.

    “Hyung!” Zelo who saw close to the couch reached up and handed Baekhyun a small gift bag that had a strap around it. “Even though I don’t approve of you that much yet, I want you to have that.”

    Baekhyun fiddled with the strap and pulled it open taking the braided brown leather wristband. He smiled when he put it around his wrist; next to the Rolex his brother gave him.

    “Thank you all.” Baekhyun grinned widely, his eyes turning into crescent moons. Everyone just smiled back and Yongguk patted him on his back before standing up. Everyone then resumed playing with their own gifts. My brother walked towards us while Baekhyun was about to open his new headphones, the two us looked up. Baekhyun gulped when his eyes met with my brothers. Himchans arm stretched out and held a coupon towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun took it and I recognized what it was immediately.

    “Three months worth of three free pastries a week at Two Moons?” His head whipped up and Himchan squinted his eyes.

    “Don’t forget we keep count on when you use it.” My eyes met briefly with my brothers and he just rolled his eyes. “Merry Christmas, and thank you for taking care of my sister the last time.” He muttered before he turned and left.

    Baekhyun turned to me with wide eyes. “Three free pastries a week!” He grinned widely and I just chuckled. Baekhyun looked so happy at the moment and it made me feel happy for him as well.

    He hung out with everyone else in the living room while I managed to escape up to my room to change clothes. It was getting late and the tights were itching my legs. I took a shower but didn’t wash my hair, then changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

    A knock was heard on my door when I was in my bathroom applying lotion on my face. “Yes?” I called and I heard Baekhyund muffled voice from the other side, finishing applying the lotion on my face I went and opened the door. Baekhyun stood in front of me with a light blush on his cheeks. I still heard the loud voices of the boys in the living room as well as the TV, I assumed they were playing a game.

    “I kind of escaped.” He mumbled and I raised an eyebrow. “I think Lay’s drunk.” I laughed and walked out of my room, closing my door behind me. I followed him to his room where he closed the door and threw himself on the bed. “The bed’s pretty comfy.” He muttered, his face buried in the big pillow. I chuckled and took a seat on the edge of the bed.

    “I’m actually getting tired.” He mumbled and turned to his back, staring at the beige ceiling.

    “Then take a shower and go to sleep.” I told him and I saw him slightly frown.

    “But… What if I get a nightmare or something?” He asked.

    “You know it’s quite impossible for you to sleep close to me when my brother’s around.”

    He grunted. “But those… Those two get to sleep next to you!” I knew that he was talking about Zelo and Tao.

    “That’s a whole different story.” I told him and he turned his head to me.

    Baekhyun sighed deeply and I stood up from the bed. “Go on, go take a shower then go to sleep, I’ll tell the guys to keep it down.” I looked at the clock on the bedside table. “It’s almost two what the hell.” I muttered and was about to walk away.

    “Wait!” Baekhyun scattered off the bed and walked around it until he stood in front of me. He glanced back towards the still closed door before he looked at me with a flushed face. “What?” I asked and noticed that Baekhyun had his hands behind his back. I squinted my eyes at him and crossed my arms above my chest.

    “Uh…” His right arm rose above us. A sly grin appeared on his face before I looked up and saw the mistletoe he was holding above us. I just laughed and looked at him. “Did you pick that off the tree?” I asked and saw him blush.

    “Why, Mr. Byun Baekhyun.” I shook my head with a smile on my face while I gripped his dress shirt. “You better put that back before you go to bed, arasso?” He grinned down at me right when I leaned up and placed a small kiss on his lips.

____________

A/N A somewhat longer chapter, hope you liked it ! Soon down with all my finals ... I have a speech to do tomorrow for my class (it's a part of my finals) and omg i'm going to faint /sobs ! I can' stand people looking at me like taht when i talk (if you guys ever done a speech you know what i'm talking about ><) Currently been feeling down ever since the this whole thing about Kris i don't even know what to say. Anyways, i hope you enjoyed this somewhat messily written chapter, i apologize for the mistakes and such !

     Please comment and subscribe ! Every little word matters , please do comment ! ^^