No warm water.

Playing the player

You had shown the boys around the house once they all were finished playing outside. You were all now in your library sitting by a table studying and while they were out you prepared snacks and hot chocolate for all of them.

Sehun looked at you and you walked towards him to help him with a question. Kyungsoo asked you to look at his explanation and wondered if that was enough but you told him to motivate his answer more. Suho wanted to know want some words meant and you gave him a quick explanation of the words he asked for. Baekhyun barely needed help but when he asked you to go through his answers you noticed a few wrongs and told him to go through everything again.

After a few hours of studying Baekhyun leaned back in his seat and sighed out. “Heesung, I’m getting tired.” He whined and you looked up at him.

“How about we end our studying for today.” You stood up from your seat. They all breathed out and started packing their books into their bags. The library door opened and Xiumin was seen. “Hey! You guys want to follow out and play again?” He asked with a wide grin.

Suho, Sehun and D.O looked at you, their eyes asking for permission. You sighed out and nodded and waved them away feeling like a mother with her children. The three quickly disappeared out the door together with Xiumin leaving Baekhyun together with you. “You’re not going?” You asked and he followed you out of the library. He shook his head. “Those guys throw hard, do you know that? I think I got a bruise on my back…” He whined and you just chuckled. “Yes, they play hard.”

“I felt that.”

Baekhyun followed you back to the hallway. “So what do we do now?” He asked and looked at you.

The front door suddenly opened and a panting Xiumin barged in, his brown hair covered in snow. “We need one more player.” He looked at Baekhyun with big eyes. “Please?”

He hesitated before he looked at you. You just shrugged and looked at him back. Baekhyun groaned before he grabbed his jacket that hung on the wall. Xiumin grinned widely and cheered. “Whoo! Hurry up!” He ushered him and Baekhyun sighed loudly before he disappeared out the door with Xiumin.

 

-

 

 

The rest of the week flew by and you helped the boys to study everyday after school, sometimes in the café, the other times at Baekhyuns place. D.O had gotten a hang of everything in the kitchen and you even told him to start taking orders for himself. The boys had gotten closer with everyone in your house and it seemed almost like they’ve become good friends. Your brother kept an eye on Baekhyun whenever he came home early from a meeting or when he went out of his office to take a break. Baekhyun told you that Himchan scared him a little but D.O seemed to have become great friends with him. Baekhyun has become more open with his feelings as well since he knew that everyone knew that he has feelings for you. Of course Kris and the other guys had to put up a competition with him, which pissed him off a few times whenever he was over. Especially Kris, Baekhyun didn’t like the way he acted around you. He acted slightly more different than the others and when he asked Xumin about the two of you, all he said was ‘but that’s Kris.’ Then shrugged. ‘They’ve always been like that.’

“I don’t like that Kris guy…” Baekhyun mumbled when he took a seat beside you Friday morning. You just chuckled.

“Competition?”

He sighed and nodded. “I thought I didn’t have any.”

 

You were standing by your locker when your phone rang. “Hello?” You greeted Yongguk who was on the other side of the phone.

“Hey, we have a problem.” He said and it sounded like he was panting. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked side to side so that you were alone. “What is it?” You asked and leaned your back on your locker door.

“It seems like the pipes all over the neighborhood are broken.” He answered and you heard Chens voice in the background.

“What?”

“There’s no warm water in your area.” Your eyes widened.

“What?!”

You heard Yongguk sigh. “The plumbers are going to start in the houses close to the forest. First then they’ll work their way up towards our area.”

“All the way there?” You grunted and ruffled your long hair.

“Himchan talked to them and asked how long it’ll take until they get to your house.”

“And how long is that?” You frowned.

“It’ll take a week or two.”

“That long?!”

Baekhyun appeared around the corner and flinched from your loud voice. He looked at you wide eyed and you just rolled your eyes before you turned your back to him. “Seriously?” You sighed out after you relaxed a bit

“We’re as frustrated as you right now. Everyone is packing their bags to stay at my place until it’s been fixed.”

“Everyone?”

“Yes, but I don’t know about you.” The tone changed in his voice and you sensed that he was hinting something.

“What about me?” You placed a hand on your hip and turned around to see Baekhyun leaning his shoulder on the wall, looking down, waiting. You faced forward again. “You know that I don’t have as much room space like you and your brother.”

“But that hasn’t stopped us from staying over before?” You wondered what he was trying to do. “I can always sleep in Zelo’s room.”

Baekhyun looked up and stared at your back view. Say what? Who is she talking too?

“We’ll talk about this later when you get home.” Yongguk said and you heard your brothers’ faint voice in the background. “I need to help you brother with something.” He then hung up and you stood there staring at your phone screen with a frown.

“Everything alright?” Baekhuyn asked and you sighed out.

“I’m not sure.” You mumbled and turned to your locker to take out your bag. Baekhyun reached his hand out and took your bag for you. He’s been walking together with you everyday after school during the whole week and you’ve gotten used to it. In the beginning you told him not too but he kept insisting and you finally gave in.

“Did something happen?” He asked and walked down the stairs with you.

“I’m not sure.” You repeated. “I don’t know.” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and just shrugged. “I don’t think that I can help you guys study today.” You sighed out when you stopped right outside the school gates.

“Why?” Baekhyun turned and looked at you.

“There’s a problem at home that I need to figure out.” You took your bag back from him and heaved it up your shoulders. “I’ll see you Monday?”

Baekhyun pouted before he nodded. “Monday.” The two of you bid each other good-bye before you went separate ways.

-

 

“So no hot water for two weeks?” You groaned and followed your brother into his room. He sighed out. “Sadly, yes.”

“We’re all going to stay at Yongguk-oppa’s place then?”

He nodded as he opened his closet and took out a couple of shirts. Yongguk suddenly appeared by the door. “I don’t know if I have enough space with Heesung though.” He said and looked at you.

“You said that before as well. Why not?” You looked at him back. Himchan turned around.

“She usually sleeps in Zelo’s room.” He said and you nodded, agreeing.

Yongguk rolled his eyes. “Well Zelo currently has a fever.” He scratched the back of his head. “And since you’re busy with exams and such I don’t want you too get sick and miss them.” Himchan slowly nodded, understanding what his friend was trying to say. You couldn’t help but feel something strange with what Yongguk was trying to imply.

“How about Jongup’s room?” You asked and crossed your arms. You saw Yongguks eyes slightly widen.

“Uh. But it’s still close to Zelo’s room.”

You furrowed your eyebrows. “So I’m not allowed in the house?”

“Where will she stay then?” Himchan asked and took out a sweater form his closet.

That’s when a mischievous grin spread on Yongguk’s lips, his gums showing. “How about…” You stared at him with a frown, already knowing what he’d say. “… Baekhyun’s place?”

Your brother whipped his head around with wide eyes. “Say what?!”

“What?!” You raised your voice.

“Well.” Yongguk shrugged. “He’s one of your good friends and he lives closer to school than I do.” He shrugged casually. You knew that something was wrong! You knew that he was planning something but didn’t know what, but now you knew his intentions.

“Oh, hell no.” Himchan shook his head furiously. “She’s not staying at that boys place!”

“Baekhyun is a healthy boy.” Yongguk said. “He lives closer to school and Heesung can help him study there as well.”

You stared at your brother. “Oppa!”

He shook his head once more. “Yongguk.” He sighed. “I need to talk to you.”

 

You left the two men alone in the room and stomped your way into your own room. You couldn’t believe what Yongguk was doing right now. You knew that he had already accepted Baekhyun for having feelings for you but you didn’t know he’d go this far! He wants you to stay over at his place until the hot water is back! Unbelievable!

After a while a knock was heard on your door and your brothers head peeked in. “Heesung?” You recognized the tone in his voice. It was the tone he used whenever Yongguk had won an argument between the two. You whipped your head towards him and he flinched when your gray eyes met his.

“Uh…” He mumbled. “I’ll be driving you to Baekhyuns place.

“What did Yongguk say?” You crossed your arms and stared at your brother’s regretful face.

“He… Uh, just pack!” He groaned and closed your door.

You wanted to scream and throw a table at the two men but all you could do was grunt loudly before you ripped your closet open.

 

You were in the car together with your brother and you were soon at Baekhyuns office tel. You couldn’t call him because your phone had died and you didn’t have any time to charge it. “I’ll go and talk to him first.” Your brother said and pulled up into an empty parking spacein front of the building. You gave him the floor and door number before he left you in the car. When he wasn’t seen any more you got out of the car yourself and leaned on the door, sighing deeply. You could just imagine what he’d say to Baekhyun because of you staying over. He’ll probably scare the boy. You thought and brushed your long hair back with your fingers.

Before you left the house, you managed to plant a punch in the stomach of Yongguk who doubled over and had to support himself on the doorframe. Everyone had left the house already and headed over to Yongguk’s place. Two weeks with Baekhyun. You sighed deeply once again. You were so pissed at your brother and Yongguk for this, of course you knew that Baekhyun would accept this just like that but you didn’t want to interfere anymore than you already did.

You saw your brother walk around the corner with his hands in his jacket pockets. He opened the trunk and began taking your suitcases out, yes, he told you to pack in a suitcase.

“Did you scare him?” You asked as you followed him to the entrance of the building.

“Nope, just had a lovely chat with him.” He grinned when you entered the elevator.

“Why do I have a strange feeling about this?” You groaned.

He just kept his grin on his face even when you walked out of the elevator. “I’m never going to forgive you for this.” You told him when you two walked down the hallway.

“I’m sorry, sis.” He then sighed when you two stopped in front of Baekhyuns door and he knocked. “I don’t want too…” You whined.

The door immediately flew open and a grinning Baekhyun with messy bed hair stood in front of you wearing jeans and a wife beater. “Hey!” He greeted you to happily, making you uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry about this Baekhyun.” You told him. “I can leave if you want.” You grabbed the suitcase from your brother but he held it in his tight grip.

He smiled at Baekhyun. “If you do anything…” His voice turned low and you saw Baekhyun gulp, his smile twitching, trying to stay on. “… I will. Come for you.”

“Oppa!” You kicked him on the shin and he yelped before leaning down and grabbing his leg. “You can’t say that!” You thought that you saw Baekhuyn starting to sweat out of fear as he nervously chuckled.

“D-Don’t worry! I’ll take good care of her!” He said and turned to you. He reached out and grabbed your suitcase, pulling it into his place. You grabbed it back and tried pulling it out of his hand.

“You don’t need to trouble yourself!” You told him. “I can find another place to stay. Or I can simply deal with cold water!”

Your brother looked at you as he tried to stand up. “No, you’re staying here.” He said.

“Oppa! You can’t force me too-“

You were suddenly lifted of the floor and you were met with your brothers back. “Yah!” You yelled as you noticed that you were entering Baekhyuns apartment.

Baekhyun just stared as your brother had carried you into his place and dumped you onto his couch. He quickly went back to the hallway where he pulled your suitcase in. “What are yo-“

You were interrupted with the door slamming shut after your brother had pulled Baekhyun out with him. You sighed. Oh dear lord. “YAH!” You screamed.

 

Baehyun looked up wide-eyed at Himchan who was staring down at him. He gulped once he opened his mouth to speak. “Listen here.” He said and Baekhyun quickly nodded. “If you do anything against my sister, I’m going to hurt you.” He said in a low voice. Baekhyun gulped once again. “Is that understood?”

Baekhyun nodded. “I said. Is that understood?” Himchan leaned down making Baekhyun lean back. His eyes pierced into his as he waited for an answer from the boy.

“Y-Yes! Yes, sir!”

“Good.” Himchan straightened his back. “Now take care of my sister for the next coming weeks, alright?”

“Yes!” Baekhyun literally saluted.

Himchan walked passed him and headed for the elevator, limping. Baekhyun stood frozen there for a while before he shook himself and turned to his door again. He sighed out and relaxed before he opened his door only to be met with a flying cushion from his couch hit him in the face.

Baekhyun flew back and landed on the floor with a grunt. “Oh my god!” You yelped and ran towards Baekhyuns lying figure on the floor. “I’m so sorry!” You picked the cushion up away from his face and held his face in your hands. “I thought that it was my brother that opened the door!”

He squinted his eyes as he tried to regain focus in his sight. “It’s ok…” He mumbled and slowly sat up with your help. “I-“ He paused. “That was a hard hit.”

You chuckled. “I’m sorry.” You said once again and helped him on his feet.

 

“I’m really sorry for this.” You told him when he took a seat by his kitchen table.

“No, it’s ok.” He rubbed the back of his head. “I have to admit though, I got freaked out when your brother knocked on my door.”

“He didn’t…” You looked for the right words. “Frighten you or anything did he?”

Baekhyun hesitated a bit. “No, no!” He chuckled nervously. “We… We just had a friendly talk that’s all.”

You squinted your eyes at him. Mhmh, friendly talk my . He was clearly lying.

“So…” He said. “Your warm water’s gone?”

You nodded and sighed. “Yeah, for a few weeks. I hope you don’t mind.” You looked at him. That’s when a real wide happy grin spread on Baekhyuns lips. “No, no, of course not!” His eyes turned into crescent moons and you smiled to yourself. Yes! Two whole weeks with Heesung! Oh yeah! Baekhyun cheered in his head. “That means I get to spend more time with you.” He smiled at you and you just shook your head.

“I’ll bring my stuff to the loft.” You made your way towards your suitcase that was in the hallway. Baekhyun hurried past you and grabbed your suitcase before you even could’ve reached your hand out for it. “I’ll take it up for you!” He smiled and made his way to the stairs while you chuckled behind him. Oh, this is going to be catastrophic. You laughed in your head as you watched Baekhyun carry your suitcase up the stairs.

 

-

 

Baekhyun groaned in his sleep as he heard the rough knocks coming from his front door. “Ok, ok!” He sighed irritated as he threw his blanket of him. He stomped out of his room and made his way towards his front door. “What the he-“ He ripped the door open only to gasp. His eyes widened when he looked into the eyes of Heesungs brother who looked down at him with a sharp piercing stare.

“What were you going to say?” He asked his low voice sending a shiver down Baekhyuns spine.

“U-Uh…” Baekhyuns voice didn’t want to cooperate with him as he tried to answer. It was like his mind just stopped functioning when he opened the door. “Hi.” He greeted the man with a small voice. His eyes were still wide when he frowned. “I’m here because of my sister, Heesung.” Upon hearing your name Baekhyuns eyes turned worried and he regained his ability to speak. “Heesung? What’s wrong? Did something happen to her? Where is she?”

Himchan rolled his eyes at the panicking boy in front of him. “She’s fine!” He said and Baekhyun stiffened by the loud voice from the man. “I need to talk to you about something.” Himchan said and sighed out. Baekhyun gulped as he gestured for the man to enter his office tel. Himchan eyed the messy place where he was supposed to let his younger sister stay for the next two weeks. The couch was messy, dirty dishes laid on the table and in the sink in the kitchen and when he sniffed the air in the room he scrunched his nose because of the stuffed smell. Himchan stood by the hallway in his jacket and shoes while Baekhyun awkwardly walked around the tall man and stood in front of him. “I apologize for the messy…” He looked around his place and cleared his throat. “W-What did you want to talk about?” He asked and tried not to stutter but obviously failed.

“I was going to ask if you’d let Heesung stay for a few weeks.”

Baekhyuns eyes widened in confusion. He’s here to ask if you could stay for a few weeks? He didn’t know what to feel at that moment and just stared at the man. After a moment of just staring at each other, Baekhyuns eyes filled with confusion while Himchans were filled with the lack of patience. “So?”

Baekhyun jerked back to his senses. “O-Of course! B-But… Why?” He dared ask. A sting of happiness grew in him but he couldn’t let that show in front of Heesungs brother. He had to try and play this cool or else Himchan would probably beat some sense into him.

“We don’t have any warm water in our house and it’ll take a few weeks to fix it since it’s spread in other houses throughout our area.”

“So your pipes are basically busted?” Himchan furrowed his eyebrows, obviously not in a mood for jokes and Baekhyun took a step back. “S-Sorry!”

“If I find out that you’ve done anything to my sister, don’t hesitate to run.” Himchan raised a finger towards the boy that shook under his piercing eyes. “I just dare you to try and hurt her, especially her feelings.” Himchan eyed him from top to toe. “When I get back here with her, this place better be nice and tidy.” He turned around and opened the door for himself. “Oh, and change clothes.” He frowned before leaving.

A wave of shock and panic went through Baekhyuns body as he hurried and fixed the living room. He ripped his living room window open and let the place air, not caring if he froze when the cold wind hit his bare skin. He straightened the cushions on the couch, gathered trash that laid on the tables everywhere, quickly washing the dirty dishes that were in the kitchen and placing them in their rightful places without dropping any of them. After that he ran into his room and literally ripped his sweatpants of his legs and pulled on the closest pair of jeans he could find. A knock was heard and he jumped towards the front door while buttoning his jeans. He brushed his dark hair back and breathed out when he ripped the door open with a grin set on his lips.

 

-

 

 “So you’re really alright with me staying here for a few weeks?”

Baekhyun and you were sitting up on the loft and it was late. You cooked dinner for the two of you a while ago and he helped you with the dishes afterwards. The two of you changed into pajamas and he insisted that you’d borrow one of his shirts even though you packed down your own clothes this time. Baekhyun was sitting in front of you on the mattress while holding onto one of the pillows. “Of course, not.” He smiled. “I like it when you’re here.”

“Don’t get used to it though.” You chuckled.

“Oh, I think I already am.” He kept a smile on his face.

“What are you planning to do during winter break?” You asked and leaned forward with a pillow in your lap.

Baekhyun thought for a moment. “I’m not sure. My brother usually comes home and stays for a few days before he has to go back and work.” He scratched his chin. “My parents send me money since they can’t visit. Al though they visited last year but this year they’re not.”

You nodded. “So you’re brother is coming home this year?” He smiled and nodded. “Does he look like you?”

He thought for a moment. “Well, yeah. I guess. A more…”

“Mature version of you?”

“Hey! I’m mature!” He defended and you just laughed. “He’s taller than me, much taller.” He continued. “He’s a ladies man.” He rolled his eyes.

“So I guess that runs in the family?” You joked and just scoffed.

“But I don’t go around flirting with different women all the time like he does.” He said and you rose and eyebrow when he turned to you. “Because I love you.” A wide grin spread on his lips.

“Oh, so romantic.” You dramatically placed a hand on your chest and fluttered your long eyelashes. He chuckled at the same time he started getting up from the mattress.

“I am a hopeless romantic.” He said and you rolled your eyes when you caught the pillow he dropped. “I’m going to go and sleep now.” He yawned and made his way down the stairs. “Good night!”

“Night!” You smiled and you heard the light switch click turning the place dark.

______________

A/N Did you all miss me? ^^"

I currently have easter holiday now so i have one week of freedom! Lol, nope i have to work on alot of school stuff/sobs. I got so happy when i saw that i have 220 subscribers! I love you all /bows Btw, i was wondering if any of you knows how to add posters in a chapter .w." I've currently been working on some posters for the fic and i have a few for some specific chapters but i don't know how to put it in T-T /sobs I'd really appreciate it if anyone knew ahah /bows.

Please comment and subscribe! ^^