42

Playing the player

Rest of the week as like hell for Baekhyun. He couldn’t touch you, which was very painful for him. That meant that he hadn’t been able to sleep next to you on the loft. Of course you checked on him from time to time when he slept because of his nightmares but even then when you woke him up he noticed that you had touched him by using his blanket.

    When you walked passed him he inhaled your smell that drove him wild. Seeing you in the café together with that Kris man again his mood sunk every time. Kris kept touching you making you giggle and jokingly hit him. That should be me. He muttered in his head. You were all touchy-touchy with everyone else except him. Even at home you did a very good job by avoiding his touch. He knew that he couldn’t break the bet now because he wanted that kiss more than anything else in the world.

    You noticed that he’s been studying diligently everyday after school and he told you how he felt for every test he’s had for the past week. You admired his will power to win this bet and you couldn’t help but think that he’d actually win. Deep inside you knew that you’d never be able to call him Mr. Byun Baekhyun for a whole week! And you didn’t know how to approach him with the kiss either. Oh how you were confused in your head.

    Baekhyun saw you standing by the gates waiting for him Friday, after school ended. He called your name making you whip your head back and he had to stop and gaze at you for a moment. Your skin looked even paler due to the snow around you, your gray eyes looking right at him making his heart skip a beat and those lips… Those lips he was determined to win after the exams results came out. “You coming?” You asked and faced forward again, beginning to walk.

   “Y-Yeah!” He called and quickly ran after you. Those lips will be mine. He thought in his head.

 

-

 

The weekend was even more terrible for Baekhyun. You came home quite late Friday night from a meeting with your brother. You sat on the couch after you had changed clothes and massaged your calves. Baekhyun wanted to help you loosen up but he knew that if he did he’d lose the bet. You gave him a knowing smile that only made him frown, he knew that you were just teasing him. Like that one time during the week when the two of you watched a movie you had brought a pillow down to hug and he so much wanted to be that pillow that you laid on.

    Saturday and Sunday you spent most of the day in the café since your brother was busy with meetings. Baekhyun asked you why it seemed that you had more meetings to attend now than before and you told him that it always gets more hectic before a holiday. Even though he wasn’t allowed to touch you it felt like the two of you has grown closer.

    One time while you were showering late at night you heard the door open and quickly covered your private parts. “Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” You yelled. “What?” He just mumbled sleepily. “What are you doing?!” You asked angrily and lowered the water pressure so you could here him more clearly. “Brushing my teeth, I forgot.” You peeked out form behind the shower, covering your body with the drape. Baekhyun was slumped forward while sitting on the toilet cover, brushing his teeth. He looked up and tried to control his eyes from widening. Your long black hair stuck onto your bare pale shoulder, your eyes angrily glaring at him as you gripped the drape in front of your body. He blamed the steam in the room for his burning face when he tried playing everything cool. “It’s my bathroom.” He muttered with a mouth filled with toothpaste foam. He was surprised at himself by how casual he managed said that. You muttered some incoherent words under your breath before you gave a last glance towards him then disappeared behind the shower curtain. “Fine, fine.” He heard you mumble before you turned the water pressure up high again. He grinned widely in achievement before washing his mouth. “But if you take one more step closer I’m going to kill you in your sleep!” You yelled and he just laughed. “As much as I want to Heesung, I won’t! I’m to much of a gentleman for that!” He quickly escaped the bathroom closing the door behind him. “Gentleman my !” You yelled making him laugh even louder as he entered his room.

    Ever since then he’s been going in and out the bathroom while you were showering and you suddenly got used to it to the point where you didn’t care anymore. But you made sure that you began drying your body inside the shower instead incase he decided to barge in when you just stepped out.

    When school began the next week Baekhyun gave it his all during the first test, remembering everything he’s been studying on. This week is the last before the holiday begins next week and he wondered if he’d be able to see you during Christmas. Crap! His eyes widened and he stopped writing for a moment. I don’t have a Christmas present for her! ! The thought shocked him. The thought next occurred him. How could it not occur him! He doesn’t have a Christmas present for the girl he loves! Quickly shaking that thought and saving it for later he continued on with the test with the thought of your kiss as a prize in his head.

    After the test he quickly made his way towards his friends during lunch. They all looked up when they saw him. “Baekhyun, what’s wrong?” Suho asked when his friend took a seat and scanned the room before he began talking. “I have a problem.” He leaned forward supporting himself with his elbows on the table. “What?” Sehun asked and leaned forward as well, eager to know what’s bothering his hyung. Baekhyun took a deep breath. “I don’t have a present for Heesung yet.” He whispered.

    His friends sat quiet for a moment and just stared at him before they broke out in laughter. Baekhyun frowned in confusion wondering what was so funny. “What?” He asked.

    “Oh, Baekhyun.” D.O said between laughs. “I can’t believe it.”

    “Even we have presents for her already.” Suho admitted after he calmed himself down. Baekhyuns mouth fell. “What?!”

    “Hyung, I think noona will like my prethent.” Sehun grinned and Baekhyun stared at the maknae. “I- What-“ Baekhyun sighed out and leaned his forehead on the table. “I don’t even know what she wants!”

    “Then find out.” D.O said. “Ask her.”

    “I can’t do that.” Baekhyun groaned. “I don’t want her to know that I’ll get her one.” Suho scratched his chin. “Well then. I guess you just have to guess your way forward.”

    Baekhyun groaned once more. “This .”

 

-

 

Baekhyun began searching for a present during the middle of the week exactly after school. He really didn’t know what he was looking for so he just ended up strolling around the mall. It was filled with people who were doing some last minute Christmas shopping. That reminded him that he had to start decorating when he’d get home. He looked in different kinds of stores where he thought that he’d be able to find a gift but he had no luck. After looking through half the shops at the mall he just sighed and gave up for today deciding that he’d come back tomorrow.

    What can she possibly want? He asked himself when he was sitting on the bus home. He tried thinking of ideas in his head but failed to think of any at all. Now he had more stuff to stress about together with the finals.  

    “Heesung?” Baekhyun called once he stepped into his office tel. When he didn’t get a response he silently went up to the loft and noticed that the bed sheets were missing. Walking down again he stood silently and noticed that faint sound of his washing machine. Ah, laundry. That’s when he saw that your coat was missing and so were your shoes. Baekhyun just assumed that you were at another meeting with your brother and headed for his room.

    It was past eleven when he heard the door open and your low whispering. He was sitting by his desk studying when he stood up and walked out of his room. You looked up when you saw him walk out of his room and he noticed that you were on the phone, explaining your hushed voice. You turned your back towards him and mumbled some words he couldn’t hear before you hung up. “I thought you were asleep.” You faced him again. You weren’t wearing your uniform but instead pair of skinny denim, a dress shirt and a gray sweater vest making you look professional as always while holding a briefcase. “I was studying.” He said and you nodded. “Where were you?” He asked and leaned on the wall beside his door while you headed for the loft. “I had a meeting then I hung out a little with Kris.” You answered. Mentioning Kris’s name he frowned feeling a tinge of jealousy in his heart. “Oh.” He muttered. ”What did you guys do then?” He asked. “Nothing really. He just took me out to eat and we just talked.”

    “What is Kris to you?” Baekhyun dared ask and waited for an answer. There was an awkward silence at first before he heard you sigh. “We’re just good childhood friends.” You answered him. “That’s all, why?”

    Baekhyun felt like there was something else between you and Kris but he didn’t know what. He knew that there was some kind of connection between the two of you but he couldn’t name it, nor did he know. Maybe he was just imagining things. “I’m just wondering.” He mumbled.

    “There’s nothing to be jealous of.” You told him from the loft and he sighed deeply. “I know.” He scratched the back of his head. “I can’t help it.” He thought he heard you chuckle but wasn’t sure.

    “Even if there was something between Kris and I.” You said. “I don’t think you’d want to know.” Now that sparked his interest and his jealousy even more. “Oh, really?” He asked. “Hmm.” He heard you hum in response. Did Baekhyun really want to know if there really was anything between you and Kris? He wasn’t sure himself. A part of him wanted to find out but the other part didn’t want to because it’s your business. “Are you and Kris closer to each other than you with the others?” He asked and once again there was a long silence.

    “In a way.” He heard you mumble and heard your steps down the stairs. You had your hair in a messy bun and you wore an oversized sweater. Baekhyun hasn’t seen you use any of his t-shirts for a while making him slightly sad. You walked into the bathroom past him to begin removing your makeup. He walked and leaned his shoulder onto the doorframe as he watched you wash your face. “In what way?” He asked, eager to know now. “You might not what to know.” You said and began wiping of your eye makeup. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. “What if I do?” You rinsed your face once more before you grabbed a towel and wiped your face. “Baekhyun.” You said and applied moisturizer onto your face. “I thought that you wouldn’t care if I went out with anyone?” You asked and that hurt Baekhyun.

    “So you’re going out with Kris?” He asked sounding a little harsher than he wanted to but you ignored his tone and walked into his laundry room to get the clean sheets for the mattress. “No, I’m not.” You huffed as you carried the dry sheets out of the room and made your way up the stairs. “You’re going to fall.” He muttered and stood behind you carefully and helped you see every step on the stairs fighting the urge to touch you.

    He sat on the floor beside the mattress while you bent down to put the sheets on occasionally helping you as well. When you were done you sighed out and plopped down on the mattress. “I have a rather odd question.” Baekhyun said and you looked at him. “Odd?” You asked and he nodded. This question has been on his mind for a while and he wanted an answer. “Promise you won’t think I’m a creep?” He asked and you furrowed your eyebrows. “We’ll see about that.” You mumbled and Baekhyun took a deep breath. “Are you a…” He started but noticed that his face began heating up. He noticed that he couldn’t even finish his question. “A…” He gulped. You raised an eyebrow at the innocent boy in front of you.

    “?” You finished the question for him and his eyes widened. “No.” You shook your head and Baekhyun didn’t know why but he felt his heart sink. But he could have expected it in a way. The two of you were different in that way, he assumed that you were far more experienced with relationships and… more that he was. Baekhyuns face was still flushed when he looked at you. “Oh.” He mumbled.

    “Odd question indeed, coming from you.” You said and tilted your head. “Why did you want to know?” He gulped once more. “I-I don’t know. I-“ You hushed him when you noticed that he wouldn’t be able to finish his sentence either. After what Baekhyun felt was an awkward silence he asked. “With who?” Indicating he was asking whom you lost it with.

    “Oh, Baekhyun.” You shook your head with a small smile on your face. “It’s late. Go to bed. No more studying.” You told him and he was about to frown but a yawn escaped his lips. “See, you’re tired. Go. So you’re not tired for tomorrows test.” He got up from the floor and did like he was told. “Night, Heesung.” He said before you heard his door close silently after he closed the lights.

    Getting under the covers you tightened them around you when memories flooded your head regarding Baekhyuns questions. You had to admit, you didn’t regret losing it to whom you lost it too. That thought made you giggle when you remembered that night. 

________________________

A/N Have you missed me? ^^ I'm sorry for not updating for a while.. It's been very stressful with school and the exams before summer. Omg, it's May already O_O I've actually been working on a few mor chapters eheh... (i'm passed working on chapter 50 oh my) Idk... This chapter was a bit... Boring? I apologize. 

The upcoming chapters are going to be a bit... I don't know how to explain it... Let's just put it this way. A few of you have been wondering what's happened between Kris and Heesung in the past chapters and for me to explain that i kind of need to... Rate it M >////< I at writing but i hope you don't mind. So the next coming chapters are going to be about KrisXHeesung's past and i'm sorry if any of you don't like but.. I- I want to try D: /bows.

Please comment and subscribe! I don't know when will be the next time i can upload but i hope you'll be happy with this for now ><