53;

Playing the player

                                                          

BAEKHYUN POV

I couldn’t get the picture of Heesung and my brother standing together and looking perfect in my head. Heesung was like a business lady and my brother is a businessman, they must have some chemistry with each other right?

    What if Heesung falls for my brother?! My eyes widened in panic at that thought. No, I can’t let that happen! My brother and relationships don’t go well together! Then again… Heesung’s told me that her and relationships don’t go well together so… They probably have no chance with eachother. The thought made me relax slightly.

    The way she smiled at my brother was… Different. A lot different than how she smiled at me. Damnit! Why did my brother get to be the taller one out of us! Why can’t I get my lazy over to the gym? Ew, moving, no.

    The whole day I’ve been watching TV and eating noodles. I have yet to open the letter from school that contained my results from the finals.

    When my brother came home it was past ten already, he told me he had dropped Heesung off by some café and I knew that it was Two Moons he was talking about. He took a shower before he continued working on his laptop in my kitchen.

    While he was gone I had to change the sheets on the mattress upstairs since I didn’t want him to smell Heesung’s scent, only I could do that.

    The next day he still had to attend a few more meetings and I was once again left alone at home. I kept wondering what Heesung was up too but I didn’t want to contact her incase she was in a meeting or so. I was bored out of my mind, there was nothing interesting on TV, I couldn’t cook, I didn’t want to read and I wouldn’t have anything to do if I went out.

    I wanted to go to Two Moons but it was currently closed for a few days because of the holiday so I had to survive on ramen noodles. The only time my brother and I ate together would be on Christmas, and then we’d talk, laugh then exchange presents. Already the next day he’d have to attend another meeting. Why does business people never get a break? Was it like that for Heesung and her brother too?

    It’s gone a few more days and I’ve been staying alone at home basically doing nothing. It’s two more days until Christmas and I haven’t even heard anything from Heesung. Was she doing all right? Was she busy with business mettings as well?

    I sighed and zipped my jacket up, deciding to head out to the supermarket and buy more noodles since I’ve run out. It wasn’t snowing much when I walked towards the supermarket. It was quiet everywhere and people had their Christmas decoration set up in front of their houses.

    Getting a basket once I entered the supermarket I made my way towards the aisle where they had noodles so I could fill the basket. I miss Heesungs food. I thought when I passed the meat section. I haven’t eaten a decent meal for days and my brother never had time to cook because of all the meetings. He’d only cook during Christmas but even then it’s just simple food, then some cake he’d buy in some bakery.

    Picking different types of noodles from the shelf and different cup noodles I threw them into my basket and sighed deeply. “Baekhyun?”

    My eyes widened by the familiar voice that called my name behind me. Turning around I saw Heesung standing behind me holding an empty cart with her. She was wearing her black coat and had her hair in a low ponytail. “Heesung?”

    Her gray eyes went down to my basket filled with noodles. “What are you doing?” She asked and I suddenly had the urge to hide the basket behind me. Gulping I looked away.

   “B-Buying food…” I mumbled. Why was I embarrassed all of a sudden? The look she’s giving me was as if I was a child stealing some cookies.

    “Food?” She asked and tilted her head, gazing at me.

    “What brings you to this supermarket then?” I asked and looked at her changing the subject.

    “I was actually going to visit you.”

    A smile quickly spread on my lips. Visit me? She was on the way to visit me? “Really?” I asked and she rolled her eyes.

    “Yes. I was going to buy food to cook for you.”

    “Really?” I felt my smile widen and she just sighed.

    “Follow me.” She muttered and made her way towards the meat section and I happily followed her.

    “I’ve missed you.” I said and looked down at her. “What have you been up too?”

    She stopped in front of a freezer box filled with meat and looked through the glass. “Nothing much really, meetings together with my brother.” She answered and I nodded. Ah, so that’s why.

    “What are you going to do for Christmas?” I asked and watched as she slid the glass aside and bent into the freezer.

    “The usual. Spend it at home.” She sighed out and picked a pack of meat up checking how it looks like before nodding to herself and placing it in the cart.

    “Is it fun?” I asked.

    She continued rolling the cart down the aisle. “Fun?” She looked at me and I nodded. “Well, I guess.”

    After I followed her around like a puppy in the supermarket, yes, I thought of myself as a puppy, we headed back to my place.

    “Your brother’s at another meeting?” She asked when I opened the door for her.

    “Yes, he always comes home late.”

    She placed the bags on the kitchen table and began unpacking. “What do you think of my brother?” I asked when I slid a chair out and sat down.

    “Your brother?” She opened my fridge and thought for a moment before placing juice in the door. “He seems nice. He’s handsome.”

     I frowned. “And I’m not?” She turned to me with a smirk on her lips.

    “Well…”

    “Y-yah!” I gaped at her hesitating and she just laughed and placed the meat on the counter together with some other ingredients.

    “He’s made a move on you hasn’t he?” I asked and leaned my elbows on the table.

    “That he has.” She answered with her back facing me.

    “I knew it!” I groaned and threw my head back in my seat staring at my ceiling. I heard her chuckle and turn my stove on. “Heesung…” I whined and she chuckled once more.

    “We have a date this weekend.”

    My eyes went wide and I felt my heart stop for a moment when I gasped. “W-What?!”

    She turned around and smiled, giving mea playful wink. “Just kidding~ ”

    I exhaled slowly and placed a hand on my chest, feeling how my heart pounded hard. “Not funny.” I muttered and exhaled once more. Dear lord I almost had a heart attack there.

    I just sat and stared at her back as she cooked real food for me. I’ve missed watching her cook; I missed having her here everyday with me. Damnit! The thought of my brother making a move on her made me frown once again. Heesung turned to me and just shook her head with a smile. I wanted to know what he said and what she answered but I didn’t want to go that far. If she made a move back that’s not my business at all but… My brother and the girl I love?

    A plate filled with meat and rice suddenly appeared in front of me making my mouth water like crazy. Side dishes were placed on the table as well and a glass of water. “Oh my god.” I sighed and picked my chopsticks up.

    “You’re the best.” I looked at her and she just smiled and placed the pan in the sink before sitting in front of me.

    “I know.” She chuckled and I began eating, happy that I finally get to eat Heesungs food again. “Baekhyun?”

    “Hmm?” I hummed because I had food in my mouth.

    “What did I really do when I came back from the Christmas party at the café?”

    I coughed and almost choked on the piece of meat I had in my mouth. Her eyes widened and were about to stand up but I held a hand out and gestured for her to just sit down. After coughing a few more times and clearing my throat I looked at her.

     “Well…” I scratched the back of my head nervously. , I didn’t know what to say!

     “I don’t remember anything…” She mumbled and leaned back in her seat. “I apologize if I said anything rude or so.”

    I shook my head. “No! No, you didn’t say anything rude at all!” I told her. “I just… Helped you to bed that’s all…” I mumbled and felt my face heating up.

    “Is that it?” She asked and raised her eyebrows, I nodded and a sigh came from her lips.

    “I thought I did something…” She chuckled and shook her head.

    “Why?” I asked and began eating again.

    “I was just thinking. I don’t usually remember anything when I wake up with a huge hangover.”

    “Do you usually drink?” She shook her head.

    “No, my alocohol tolerance is high though, I don’t really remember how much I drank that night.”

    I chuckled. “Oh?”

    “It’s soon Christmas…” I heard her mumble making me look up at her.

    “I know.”

        After I literally ate everything on my plate as well as the side dishes I helped her do the dishes by wiping everything and placing them back to where they came from. Having Heesung here with me felt so much better than having my brother here. I felt so much livelier and happy with her around. Sure, I love my brother and all but Heesung made me feel less lonely.

    “I’ll need to leave soon.” Heesung said and dried her hands and my mouth fell.

    “S-So soon?” I asked and she nodded.

    “I need to help my brother with something at home.” She walked towards the couch and sat down.

    “Oh…” I took a seat beside her.

    “Baekhyun?” She turned to me and I raised my head. “Hm?”

    She blinked at me with her big gray eyes and it looked like she hesitated to continue.

    “Nothing.” She muttered and shook her head. I just tilted my head in confusion and shrugged it off, facing forward and leaning my head back with closed eyes.

 My eyes widened when I felt her head lean on my shoulder. Her eyes were closed, her long lashes fanning out, her legs folded under her. “Heesung?” I whispered and tried not to move too much.

    “I’m tired.” She mumbled and squirmed, moving closer towards me. I felt my heart speed up when half her body was leaning onto me and my arm automatically went up and wrapped around her shoulder. Smooth Baekhyun, smooth.

    “Can I rest for a while before I leave?” She whispered as she nuzzled her nose into my neck. My face heated up and my heart started pounding like crazy, holy .

    “Of course.” I mumbled and angled my body so she lay more comfortable against me, leaning my cheek on her head my thumb her shoulder.

    Suddenly all I heard was her soft breaths, indicating that she’s fallen asleep. She must be tired… I wonder how much work she’s been doing lately. Was she still staying up late working? Even though it was soon Christmas? Guess my brother and her were quite alike in that way as well.

    I don’t know how long she’s been sleeping but I didn’t even care. She could be in my arms forever if she wanted too, I wouldn’t complain.

    When she woke up she laid still for a few moments while I kept her arm. After she fully woke up she said that she had to leave and I just watched as she put her shoes and coat on. “When will I see you again?” I asked and she turned to me while ficing her coats collar.

    “I don’t know.” She sighed and opened the door.

    “Soon?” I asked and held the door open and leaned on my doorframe.

    “Maybe.” She gave me a small smile and I saw in her eyes that she was still tired and I felt bad.

    “Bye…” I mumbled and she gave me a small wave before walking away.

___________________

A/N

I say that i'm going to take a hiatus everytime but i just have to update now and then. Currently in school, feel asleep during math class ;A; All of you kind of got mad when Heesung and Baekhyuns brother met haha, sorry ewe" I hoped you guys like this chapter a little more then ! I think i'm going to fail my exams omg , this semester hasn't gone well for me/ sobs. 

Please comment and subscribe ! Every little word means a lot !