25

Playing the player

The rest of the week went fine. You were stared at more often since you kept sitting with Kai and his friends during lunch. Kai’s been waiting for you after your classes as well. You always wondered if he’s ever attended any of his classes during this whole week. You haven’t been talking to the guys lately since they always have to act when Kai’s around. Well, so do you. But they don’t know that of course.

Baekhyun on the other hand felt lonelier when you hung out with Kai. You even skipped a few classes to meet him. Baekhyun kept staring at the empty seat beside him when you weren’t there and he wondered when you’d come back. When he’d go to your locker you weren’t there. When he checked in the nurse’s room you weren’t there either.

He didn’t like the feeling he got when he saw you and Kai together and he didn’t know why. He felt his mood sink whenever he saw the two of you together. The rest of the guys were slowly getting used to the acting by now but they didn’t like it either.

Baekhyun couldn’t wait until the weekend when you’d come over to his place and study. As long as he could spend some time with you and the guys without Kai and Chanyeol he’d be happy. Truth be told, he’s missed spending some time with you alone and he knew that he wouldn’t be able to do that a lot because of the bet.

All he could do was wait until it was over, if you would consider being his friend then as well. But he had doubts about that which he hated.

 

 

Friday came and Baekhyun couldn’t hide his excitement when he walked into class towards his seat. As usual you were sitting in the back while looking out the window. You still acted the same when Kai wasn’t around but when he was, it was like your whole mood changed and he noticed that.

As he took his seat he quickly turned to you and tapped you on the shoulder and you turned around. He came earlier than usual so the classroom was practically empty except the two of you.

“Hey.” He greeted and smiled. You gave him a short nod back. That’s another thing he didn’t like. You socialized more with Kai than him. “We’re still studying at my place this weekend right?” He asked.

“If you still want.”

He grinned. “Of course I do!”

 

 

 

The day went on as usual and you sat with Kai during lunch once again. You started getting tired of sitting with them when you had nothing to do anyways. All they did was talk about the most random things. Kai tried getting you to talk more and you did, a little.

On the bus to the café you felt your phone vibrate in your skirt pocket. You looked at the caller ID before you answered.

“Yeo-” You were about to answer but the caller interrupted you.

“Where are you?” Baekhyun asked and you heard him panting.

“On the bus.”

“What?!” You heard his heavy steps echo assuming that he was running in the school hallway. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Your heard a door click open.

You didn’t get a chance to answer since Baekhyun sighed frustrated interrupting you, and you heard that he was now outside. “Can I meet you at the café later?”

“Sure.”

Baekhyun smiled at your answer. “I’ll call you back.” He then hung up and sat on the bench by the bus stop and waited.

He thought about what’s happened the past few days. You and Kai have started going out and he didn’t like it. Maybe it was because he’s become such good friends with you and he didn’t want you to get hurt by his playboy friend. He knew that every girl that Kai dumped got really hurt. But they always seemed to run back to him afterwards and he didn’t understand why.

Why would you run back to a guy that just dumped you? He wondered if you’d do that after he’d break up with you. He hoped not. He really did.

 

 

Baekhyun walked into the café and his eyes immediately found you sitting by a table with an empty chair in front of you. You were sitting with your legs and arms crossed as you were leaned back in your seat.

He smiled as he walked towards you. You looked up when he arrived and gave him a short nod.

“Hey.” He greeted as he occupied the seat in front of you. “Have you ordered anything yet?” He asked and you shook your head. “Why not?”

“I was waiting for you.” You answered and he blinked for a moment.

“Really?” Baekhyun felt a leap of joy inside him when you said so.

 

 

Baekhyun and you were walking beside each other on the way to the bus stop after eating at the café.

“So…” He started. “How are things going with Kai?” He asked and gave you glance. You didn’t even react to his question. Deep inside he was curious to why you suddenly agreed on going out with him.

“Ok, I guess.” You answered after a while and shrugged wondering why he’d ask such a question. Baekhyun was a bit displeased with your answer but nodded anyways.

“We’re still studying at my place right?” He asked making sure once more. He didn’t want this day to go to waste.

“Yes.”

The bus came and Baekhyun gestured for you to get on first with him following. And as usual you sat all the way in the back with him beside you. The two of you didn’t say anything once the bus started to roll.

Luckily the bus stopped close to Baekhyuns office tel so the two of you didn’t have to walk far.

“We’re Sehun and the others going to accompany us?” You asked as you started following Baekhyun.

Baekhyun swore in his head. . He had forgotten about his friends. They were supposed to study with the two of them. Secretly Baekhyun didn’t want them too follow because he wanted to be alone with you for a while. But he didn’t want you to be suspicious so he pulled out his phone.

“Oh right.” He chuckled. “I’ll call Sehun and tell him to meet up with us.”

You just nodded as he dialed Sehuns number and brought the phone to his ear.

 

 

“Noona!” Sehun happily yelled and waved his arm in the air when the boy saw the two of you. He was holding a couple of books under his right arm while D.O had his back-pack hanging on one shoulder.

D.O was already beside him as the two waited outside the tall building. D.O greeted you as well when the two of you got closer.

“Where’s Suho?” Baekhyun asked as all of you walked in the building and was met with the cool air of the air conditioner.

“He’s on the way.” D.O answered and pressed the button for the elevator. Thankfully it was already there and all of you stepped in.

“Noona, can you help me with English?” Sehun asked and looked down at you. You just nodded and made the boy smile happily.

 

 

Suho arrived shortly after all of you had settled yourselves in Baekhyuns office tel. You spent your time helping Sehun with English and Suho with Psychics. D.O only asked questions when he had to since he had to study hard for an upcomping test he was going to have. Baekhyun too, only asked when he had a question about something in the book before he continued to grumble over the fact he wasn’t alone with you. Something you were completely oblivious about as you continued helping the maknae.

 

 

You opened the back door of the café and walked in. Sighing you walked towards your locker and opened it, taking out a pair of clothes to changed into.

You were a bit tired now and just wanted to go home and sleep but you wanted to wait for your brother. The whole week has been tiring for you and you were already sick of hanging out with Kai. All the acting made it all tiring and you were thankfull that you didn’t have to see his face during the weekend. Then you remembered that you had promised him a date next week. That thought made you sigh out in frustration as you changed into a pair of tight jeans and a loose black t-shirt you removed your glasses as well and placed it in your bag. You closed your locker and locked it as you turned to the mirror to change your hair up into a high ponytail.

 

 

“Oh, Heesung!” Yongguk greeted you as you took a seat on one of the bar stools. “How are you?” He asked and wiped the counter space in front of you.

“I’m good oppa. You?” You leaned your elbows on the now clean counter and smiled.

He shrugged and sighed. “Ok, just a bit tired though. Thankfully we’re closing soon.” He smiled a gummy smile back before he disappeared to go help a customer on the other end of the bar.

 

“Hey Heesung!” Kevin came up beside you and smiled his cute smile he always had on. You smiled back as you turned to him.

“Hey! Long time no see.” You said and gestured for him to take a seat beside you. He nodded, agreeing.

“Yeah, I haven’t seen you for a while.”

“I’ve been quiet busy…” You chuckled and he nodded. You noticed that he was wearing casual clothes instead of the uniform. “Has your shift ended?” You asked and he smiled, nodding.

“Yupp! I can’t wait to get home and rest!” You agreed with him on that one. “Hey, I have a question.” He then said and looked at you. You tilted your head as a gesture for him to continue. He scratched the back of his head as he hesitated. You kept silent while you waited for him to continue.

“I was wondering if…” He started and looked at you. “If you wanted to hang out tomorrow? You know… As friends.”

You raised your eyebrows and blinked. You didn’t expect him to ask you that.

A slight shade of pink spread on Kevin’s cheeks as he said. “It’s ok if you don’t want to! I was just thinking if you don’t have anything else to do… We could just hang out or something…” He mumbled and looked down on his lap. Did you have anything planned? You rummaged through your mind and mentally shook your head.

“Fine by me.” You said and smiled, making the boy in front of you look up with wide eyes.

“Really?”

You nodded and a wide smile spread on his lips. “Where do you want to go?” You asked and he then stiffened before he scratched his nape in thought.

“I don’t know… I didn’t think I’d make it this far to be honest.”

His comment made you burst into a fit of giggles making him look at you with a confused expression. “What?” He asked, confused.

You shook your head as you tried to calm yourself down. You haven’t laughed like this for a while and it felt good. “Don’t take it the wrong way Kevin…” You said in between giggles. “I just found your comment cute.”

He felt his face turn red as he gulped. “Oh” He mumbled as you had calmed down a bit. “Well… What do you want to do?” He asked.

You shrugged. “Walk around the mall?” You suggested and he slowly nodded as he thought about it.

“How about we just see where the day leads us tomorrow?” He asked. You nodded as you thought about his suggestion. “Oh!” He suddenly said and he started digging through his jacket pocket.

“Come to think of it.” He held out his phone. “I don’t even have your number.” He smiled.

You chuckled. “Probably a good idea to give you mine then.” You said as you typed in your number into his phone.

“A very good idea.” He said and smiled when you gave him his phone back. He then stood up from his seat. “I have to head home now. Say… Noon tomorrow?” He asked.

“Sure. Noon.” You nodded and smiled.

“I’ll give you a call around then.” He smiled as he waved and turned to walk towards the door.

 

 

 

A small smile still played on your lips when you turned towards the bar again only to be met with Yongguks face.

“I see that you have a date tomorrow.” He said in his low voice.

You shook your head and leaned forward, leaning your chin in your hands. “It’s not a date. He said it himself, just as friends.”

Yongguk rolled his eyes. “Girl, please.” He raised an eyebrow and looked at you. “Deep inside, he’s taking it as a date.”

You sighed, that thought had come to you too when he had asked but you tried to not think about it. Yongguk squinted his eyes at you looking suspicious.

“What?” You asked and raised an eyebrow. He shook his head with a sheepish grin on his lips.

“Nothing, nothing. You’re brothers shift ends soon so he’ll be able to drive you home.” Then he turned and left you to help another customer.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was lying in his bed on his back staring at the ceiling. It was past midnight and he couldn’t sleep. His head was hurting because of all the thoughts that filled his head. Most of them were because of you.

First of all, he didn’t get to be alone with you during your study date and he didn’t like that. He couldn’t even think straight while studying. Of course he wanted to spend time with the guys with you as well but he also wanted to be alone with you. The two of you haven’t been friends for long but for him it felt like he’s known you since forever. He doesn’t know much about you and you don’t tell him much either, but he still felt really comfortable around you… Sometimes.

Of course he wanted to get to know you better but he didn’t want to push you into telling him everything about you. He knew that one day you’ll tell him more about yourself and he’d wait until then even though his curiosity killed him.

Second, he still hasn’t gotten over the fact that you agreed to date Kai. He doesn’t understand. You barely knew the guy! He assumed that you’ve probably heard the rumours about him and all that. But why still go out with him?

Baekhyun turned to his side and gripped his pillow.

Another thing he didn’t understand was your change of personality when you hung out with Kai and when you hung out with him and the rest.

With Kai you were...

Baekhyun frowned as he turned to his other side tangling himself in his blanket. With Kai you were like a whole different person. You became shy and started to stutter. Even blushing around the guy!

Baekhyun always thought that you were good at speaking but with Kai, it seemed like you lost all the confidence to speak. He thought that, that was very weird of you. You were always overflowing with a scary kind of confidence that he’s actually gotten used to. There were some times that you actually made him shiver and he didn’t know why.

The sight of you blushing because of Kai appeared in his mind and he tried his best to think about something else. Baekhyun shook his head trying to get that image out of his head but another image of you appeared. You were flashing a small smile towards Kai while he was smiling back.

Letting out an irritated groan Baekhyun sat up and leaned his elbows on his knees letting his hand ruffle his hair. His heart hurt for every image of you and Kai that appeared in his mind. He didn’t know why he hated the sight of the two of you together. Deep inside he wished that it was him that made you blush and lose your ability to speak when you were with him.

What’s happening to me? Baekhyun wondered as he fell back on his madress again with a hand behind his head the other on his chest. 

________________________

A/N

Hello! Long time no update! 

I haven't written anything for a while so i might have to get used to it again! Eheh, I hope you like this update! And i apologize once more for not updating for a while. I haven't edited anything >< So sorry for mistakes and all.

I need to get some more inspiration to continue writing this fic.. I haven't been well for the last couple of weeks. Idk why. T_T

Anyways, please comment your thoughts about this! ^^And don't forget to subscribe if you're new huehue!

 

Btw, Happy Valentines Day for those who're celebrating it now! ^^ I love you all.. lol. XD

I myself bought my valentines date -wink- 

It's going to be me., my bed, my computer... And Ben&Jerry's. 

It's going to be one hot night mhmmhmhmh.

AHAHA, once again. -cough- I hope you like this chapter UvU