Troublesome week

Playing the player

Monday

Baekhyun smiled when he sat down beside you in class the next day. “How are you?” He asked.

“Fine, you?”

“Hungry… I miss your cooking.” He said and chuckled.

 

-

 

You were standing behind a corner hiding. You were about to turn the corner before but stopped when you heard the two very familiar voices. Kai and Chanyeol were just on the other side talking about how he would end the bet. This Friday in the cafeteria with a few others and he’d get one of the senior girls to make out with him right in front of you. You shook your head at how low Kai was while Chanyeol just laughed and clapped his hands. He was going to lure you into the cafeteria where he and everyone else would wait.

When you heard them walk away you just smirked to yourself and waited while plotting a plan as well in your head.

 

Baekhyun was pacing back and forth in the library during free time. He was with Sehun, Suho and D.O by the table where they usually sit. Kai had just told them his plan with Chanyeol at lunch before and Baekhyun just wanted to walk away back then.

“In front of people…” Suho mumbled.

“That’s really low.” D.O said.

“Noona…” Sehun whimpered and pouted.

They were all trying to think of different ways to try and stop you from leaving but Suho, D.O and Sehun had to be there with Kai before you, making it impossible for them to leave. Baekhyun lied to Kai in the last minute and said that he had a meeting with a teacher.

“, , !” Baekhyun hissed under his breath while he ruffled his hair. “This is bad.”

“Baekhyun, you know her better than any of us.” Suho said. “Isn’t there any way that you can try and stop her from coming?”

“I don’t know.” Baekhyun shook his head and leaned on the wall. “Maybe… I-“ He shook his head. His mind became a mess and he couldn’t think straight. What could he do to make you stop going? They had four days until it’d happen and Baekhyun knew he’d hate the coming days.

 

 

Baekhyun kept seeing you and Kai in the hallways and he hated the fact that his friend would break your heart, the girl he likes in just a few days. He just wanted to punch his friend in the face every time he smiled at you or kissed you, and you smiling back, kissing him back.

No, Baekhyun. He shook his head when he turned around to take another way. Isn’t there anything you can do? The girl you like is going to hate you forever afterwards. You’ll never gain your friendship with her back after this if you don’t do something.

 

 

-

 

Tuesday

It was Tuesday and you were nowhere to be seen when Baekhyun walked into the classroom. When he sat down he took his phone out and started to text you.

To: Heesung.

Where are you? ):

 And like always a reply came right after.

From: Heesung.

I’m at the airport. My brother and my friends are coming back!

To: Heesung.

Oh, ok. Just wondering. Hope they had a safe flight.

From: Heesung.

I hope so too.

 

 

Baekhyun put his phone back in his pocket when the teacher walked in. He couldn’t help but feel at ease to know that you weren’t with Kai. When the teacher had his back turned against the class Baekhyun quickly brought his phone up since he felt it vibrate and he just knew it was from you.

 

From: Heesung.

I won’t come to school today because I need to help my brother out at home. I’ll see you tomorrow.

 

Baekhyun frowned when he put his phone back in his pocket right before the teacher turned around. He wanted to spend as much time with you as possible before Friday while thinking of a plan as well.

 

-

 

Lay was the first one you hugged when you saw them walking out from the gate. He hugged you tightly back and you whispered some consoling words to him. He just nodded lightly while he tightened his arms around you.

 

You helped them carry their bags into the house then your brother started making coffee. In the kitchen. “I’m tired from the flight.” Lay yawned and carried his bags upstairs. “I’ll go and rest.”

“Noona.” Tao hugged you from behind. “I missed you...”

You smiled and held his hands in yours. “I missed you to Tao.”

“How about me?” Kris walked out of the kitchen while holding a coffee cup.

You rolled your eyes. “You, I didn’t miss at all.” Kris faked a cry and walked to the living room.

“Heesung, I bought something for you!” Luhan said and smiled while he opened is suitcase.

“Aw, you didn’t have too…”

“Noona, I bought you something too!” Tao let go of you and started rummaging through his suitcase as well.

“Here!” Luhan held a small satin box in front you. You smiled as you took it and slowly opened it, you gasped.

“Omo, oppa!” You hugged him tightly. In the small box was a pair of jade earrings looking like teardrops with golden hooks. “You really didn’t have too.”

“I thought of you when I saw them.” He said and smiled.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” He ruffled your hair before he grabbed his bags and walked up the stairs.

“Noona, here!” Tao held out a similar satin box.

You smiled as well when you opened it and chuckled. It was a golden chain necklace with a small panda face hanging from it. Under the pandas face was Taos’ name engraved in gold letters with a small heart at the end. “Now others will know that you’re my noona!” He said and hugged you.

“Aw, Tao. It’s so cute.”

“I know right?” He grinned then grabbed his bags and headed up the stairs as well.

 

“Heesung, have you been alright?” Your brother came out from the kitchen. “The café went well?”

“Yes, everything’s been fine, oppa.”

“And… Did those two do a good job?” You had told your brother about Baekhyun and D.O helping out.

“Yes, they did. Youngjae really liked working with D.O. Baekhyun, did a great job as well for a rookie.”

Himchan nodded before he yawned. “We barely slept the last day there so I’m really tired. I’ll head up and rest.” He said and brought his bags up the stairs.

 

You were sitting on your bed when you heard your door open. Looking up you saw Kris leaning on the doorframe. “Did you miss me?” He asked and grinned.

“I missed all of you, ok?” You rolled your eyes at the tall man.

“Come on.” He stepped into your room. “Tell me what’s happened. How much have I missed?” He was talking about the bet with Kai. “Is he going to end it soon?”

“Actually…” You looked at him. “… I was going to ask you for help with that.”

Kris raised an interested eyebrow. “Ok…” He slowly closed your door before taking a seat on the edge of your bed. “I’m listening.”

 

 

-

 

Wednesday

“Hey, did your brother and friends arrive back safely?” Baekhyun asked and leaned on a couple of lockers. He followed you to your locker right after class when he saw that Kai wasn’t waiting for you.

“Yes, they did.”

He noticed the earrings that you were wearing as well as the necklace with the name ‘Tao’ on. Where have I heard that name before? His eyes widened when he remembered those two waiters mention that name. Jongup and Zelo. Tao, must be the other guy that calls her noona... He thought and eyed the necklace around your neck when you closed your locker. Now he was just curious about the earrings.

“Where did you get those earrings?” He asked and tried not to stutter.

You raised your eyebrows and brought a hand up to your ear. “Oh, these?” You chuckled. “One of my friends bought them for me. He said that he thought of me when he saw them.”

He? “O-Oh, guy friend.” Baekhyun mumbled and looked down. He also noticed that you just hung out with male friends. He was ok with his friends and them at the café, but he didn’t know about these other friends of yours that came back from China.

“What?” You asked but you heard him clearly.

“N-Nothing, let’s head to the next class?” He shyly chuckled and quickly turned around.

 You just eyed his walking figure for a while before you started walking as well catching up to him in no time.

 

Baekhyun was sitting in the library with Suho, Sehun and D.O. “Hyung, it’th thoon Friday…” Sehun said.

“I know.” Baekhyun sighed out. “I’m running out of time…”

“You better confess before the bet is over.” D.O said. “In my opinion that’s better.”

“I agree.” Suho nodded. “She might not even look at you afterwards.”

Baekhyun grunted. He knew all that but he wasn’t sure if he had the guts to confess just yet. “I don’t think I can confess.” He shook his head and looked down at the table.

“What?” D.O furrowed his eyebrows. “Why not?”

“I’m scared, ok?” Baekhyun shook his leg under the table. “I’ve never confessed to a girl before! I know she’ll reject me anyway since she’s still with Kai and I don’t think I can handle that.” Baekhyun confessed and ruffled his hair. “I’m scared to lose her…”

“You’re really head over heels for her, aren’t you?” Suho asked and looked at his friend with a small smile on his lips when Baekhyun nodded.

“I don’t think I just like her.” Baekhyun added.

“You’re saying you love her?” D.O’s eyes widened.

“I don’t know what I feel… I know that I have really strong feelings for her. But I don’t know if it’s love or not. Maybe it is, I don’t know! I’m new to this whole feelings and stuff”

Sehun leaned closer to Suho and whispered: “It’th love alright.” Suho nodded and Sehun snickered.

“Well… Two days, Baek. Two days.” D.O patted his friends back. “We can’t really do anything since we’re going to be with Kai.”

“But you have to try and stop her from coming.” Suho added with a serious voice.

“I’m thcared that we’ll lothe noona…” Sehun said in a small voice.

“I’m scared of losing her too, Sehun-ah.” Baekhyun agreed with his friend.

 

-

 

Baekhyun was sitting on the mattress on the loft with the blanket you used around his body. The only thing that made him feel like you were still in his place was your smell from the sheets. Having you gone was ultimate torture from him.  The apartment was too quiet, too empty, and he hated it. Baekhyun tightened the blanket around his body and breathed in your smell. He was running out of time, he knew that. “I’m scared…” He said to himself.

 

-

 

Thursday

 

Baekhyun literally ran to the first class to be able to see you. He woke up this morning and noticed that it was the day before Kai would end his bet.

“Hey!” Baekhyun greeted you while panting. “Good morning! How are you?” He asked and pulled his chair out. You looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

“I’m fine. Did you run or something? Woke up late?”

Baekhyun chuckled and leaned back in his seat. “Yeah, I didn’t hear my alarm.” He lied.

You shook your head. “I still wish that you would wake me up though.” He confessed.

“Oh, really?” He nodded. “I miss having you at my place.”

“You just miss my cooking don’t you?” You rolled your eyes behind your lenses.

Baekhyun laughed. “Yeah, true.” But not only your cooking do I miss.

 

-

 

Baekhyun kept taking different ways towards his classrooms since you and Kai were seen everywhere he went. He couldn’t believe that you looked happy with him when Baekhyun himself knew that he’d be able to make you even happier. He couldn’t imagine the look you’re going to have tomorrow when Kai drops the bomb in front of everyone. He didn’t want to see it nor be there.

He had to try and stop you from going to the cafeteria but he still didn’t know how.

 

During the last class Baekhyun noticed that you were already gone and that he couldn’t even catch up to you when you left. He met up with Suho, D.O and Sehun by the gates after school.

“Kai just left to meet Hyorin.” Suho said.

Baekhyun frowned. Hyorin, Hyorin, Hyorin! Baekhyun knew that there was something about her that he didn’t like. Kai kept talking about her everyday at lunch and Chanyeol seemed to be the only one interested in what he had to say. Baekhyun had a feeling that Hyorin was the type that’d fall for guys like Kai and hate on girls like Heesung.  Oh, that Hyorin girl… Thinks she’s much better than Heesung eh? Well no one is better than Heesung!

 “Typical of him, isn’t it?” His frown deepened.

“I haven’t theen Hyorin noona for a while…” Sehun spoke up and scratched the back of his head. “I have like forgotten about her.” He nodded to himself with a smile. “I don’t even remember how the lookth like.” He chuckled.

“Me either.” Suho agreed.

“I like Heethung noona more!”

“Me too.” Suho agreed with the maknae.

“Kai is like obsessed with Hyorin.” D.O shook his head.

“I heard from Chanyeol that he evens started writing her name in his notebooks with hearts around it.” Suhos’ eyes widened.

D.O laughed as well as Sehun but Baekhyun only rolled his eyes.

“Want us to follow you home?” Suho asked Baekhyun.

“Sure.”

 

-

 

“So, Kai-shi.” You turned to him and smiled. “How’s it going in school?” You asked.

You had left him another note in his locker and left earlier from school to be able to be at the mall before him. “It’s going fine I guess. The usual, homework, tests and stuff.” He rolled his eyes.

The two of you were walking around the mall with your arm through his. “How about you noona? What do you usually do these days?”

You shrugged. “Little of everything.”

“Like?” He looked down at you and grinned.

“Trying to make time to see you.” You said and smiled before you tiptoed up and kissed him on the lips.

“Oh, I’m flattered.” He smiled into the kiss. “Noona how about we go somewhere else private?”

You chuckled. “I’m sorry Kai-shi, but I have to leave due to work.”

Kais’ smile fell when the two of you started walking again towards the exit of the mall where he followed you to the bus stop in the cold weather.

“How about…” You spun around and wrapped your arms around his neck making his smile re-appear. “… We meet up tomorrow after you end school?”

“And do what?” He asked and slowly leaned down while he wrapped his arms around you pulling you closer to him.

You tiptoed up until your lips were by his ear. “I just moved out of my old place and I have a new bed that I’d like to try out…” You whispered seductively and you heard him hum in your ear.

“Oh, noona…” He chuckled lowly before you faced him again.

“So what do you say Kai-shi? Would you like to help me inaugurate my bed?” You smiled and he grinned before he leaned down and captured your lips in his.

Panting he answered, “I’d love to help you with that, noona.”

“I’d like to try if it can handle the whole weekend.” You added and deliberately bit your lower lip looking up at him with a flirty gaze.

“Oh…” He smirked before he leaned down and kissed you again.

The bus arrived and Kai kissed you one last time before letting you go. “Expect a note from me tomorrow.” You said and winked at him before you stepped on the bus.

He was grinning widely when he watched you take a seat in the back. He waved at you while you blew him a kiss before the bus started to move.

“… Expect a note from me tomorrow, my .” You muttered as you wiped your mouth with the back of your hand.

 

-

 

When you walked into the dressing room of the café you were met by Daehyun. “Oh, hey Heesung.” He greeted you and smiled.

“Hello, Daehyun. Is my brother doing ok out there?” You asked and tied your hair up in a pony tail.

“Yeah, he is. Yongguk is out there too.” He was about to leave but then he turned around. “By the way, Baekhyun is here. He asked for you but you weren’t here so-” He shrugged.

You sighed out and started looking for your glasses in your purse. Daehyun just chuckled before leaving you.

 

“Hey, oppa.” You greeted Yongguk once you walked out of the backdoor. Yongguk turned to you with his gummy smile. “Hey! Your friend is here.” He nodded his head towards a table by the wall where you saw Baekhyun sitting while looking down.

“He’s been looking down every since he came here.” He added.

“Really?” Baekhyun did look down. He even had a half eaten muffin in front of him. He always finished his pastry but this time he didn’t.

“Go cheer him up.” Yongguk said. “By the way Kris is coming soon to pick you up.” You nodded before you walked towards Baekhyun.

 

 

“Hey…” You said and Baekhyun quickly looked up.

“Heesung!” A smile spread on his lips when you took the seat in front of him.

“Are you alright? You look down.” You said and the smile quickly faded. Baekhyun leaned back in his seat and sighed out.

“There’s something that’s irritating me…” He mumbled.

“Want to talk about it?” You asked and leaned forward.

Baekhyun looked at you. No, this isn’t the right time to confess. He told himself in his head. “Well…” He hesitated but you patiently waited. “… What would you do if you like someone but that someone just sees you as a friend and has a relationship with an idiot?”

You tilted your head in confusion. “You mean like… Friend zoned?”

Baekhyun lightly chuckled. “Yeah, something like that.” He nodded.

Yongguk quickly made his way towards the end of the bar closest to your table. He pretend to wipe some glasses but eavesdropped on your conversation.

“Have you been watching movies again?” You asked and chuckled.

Baekhyun nervously chuckled and scratched the back of his head. “Yeah… I watched this uh, weird chick flick last night.”

Yongguk shook his head at you. Oh my god. He thought and couldn’t believe how oblivious you were.

“Well what happened in the movie that made you so down?” You asked.

Baekhyun decided to use this moment as a way to explain his troubles. “Well, there was this guy who likes a girl. They were really good friends.” You nodded and listened. “But the girl was dating this douche-bag that was an unfaithful person.”

“So the boyfriend was cheating?”

Baekhyun nodded. “Yeah! Precisely! He cheated on her with a lot of different women! And the friend knew that but didn’t know how to say it to the one he likes.”

“Why not?”

“Because this girl really liked the guy…” He mumbled.

 

Daehyun was now standing with Yongguk eavesdropping as well on your conversation. They gave each other knowing glances and just shook their head together. They knew what Baekhyun was trying to say but you were too oblivious to notice it yourself, and you were supposed to be the smarter one of the two.

You had told everyone in the house and café about the whole bet with Kai. Of course your brother was the only one who didn’t know and everyone promised not to tell him. You needed their help tomorrow so that’s why you decided to tell everything to them and that you were in the game as well.

Daehyun and Yongguk already noticed Baekhyuns feelings for you way back even before the two of you became even closer friends. Daehyun’s watched Baekhyun closely when he came here with you. The way he looked at you and acted around you made it so obvious to everyone.  “She’s so oblivious about this.” Daehyun whispered and Yongguk scoffed. “Tell me about it.”

 

“And he didn’t want to ruin their friendship as well?”

Baekhyun nodded widely. “Exactly! Because he’s scared that she’ll never talk to him again and hate him for accusing her boyfriend like that. He feels really bad for not telling her. And then this one time he was walking through the hallway right?” You nodded. “And he overheard her boyfriend and a couple of his friends talking, right? He heard how he was going to dump her coldly in front of everyone that day.”

“That’s low.” You said and suddenly felt strange by the whole storyline. Why does this sound so familiar? “I know right!”

“Does the friend tell her then?”

Baekhyun slowly shook his head. “He can’t because he’s afraid like I said. Afraid that she won’t believe him.”

Yongguk faked a sniffle while Daehyun pretended to wipe a tear form his cheek. “This is so painful to watch.” He whispered and placed a hand on Yongguks shoulder, the man just nodded his head and agreed.

“What would you do Heesung?” He whined.

“Did you finish the movie?” You asked.

“U-Uh, no… I fell asleep.” He lied.

“Well if I was the girl then… I’d like him to confess to me.”

Baekhyuns eyes widened as well as Yongguks and Daehyuns behind them. The two exchanged glances.

“Well, let’s say if it were Kai and I.” You used the two of you as an example and Baekhyuns breath hitched.

“This is getting intense.” Yongguk whispered and pretended to wipe the bar counter.

“Where’s the popcorn?” Daehyun joked making the elder one slap him on the arm.

“You and K-Kai?” Baekhyun asked and you nodded.

“If Kai were now cheating on me…” Which he is. You thought. “… And a friend of mine knew but couldn’t tell me because he was afraid to lose me because of that… I’d still like to know his feelings for me.”

“Really?” Baekhyun was close to speechless as he listened to you talk.

“Of course. If Kai breaks up with me the same way that guy is going to do in the movie and there’s nothing my friend could do but just watch…” You paused and Baekhyun waited patiently for you to continue. “But it’s kind of hard…” You muttered quietly.

“Hard? What’s hard?” Baekhyun leaned forward with wide eyes.

“This was one dramatic movie you watched.” You said and Baekhyun lightly chuckled and agreed.

“Like I said. I’d want him to confess his feelings for m-“

“What if he’s scared?”

“What?”

“What if he really wants to but he’s really scared to confess his feelings for her? What if the friend knew all along that the boyfriend was cheating around but was threatened to keep quiet about it?”

You tilted your head. “What do you mean?”

“If the friend was threatened to keep quiet about it from the girlfriend and he really wanted to tell her how he feels for her but he can’t because what if the boyfriend, when dumping her says that the friend knew all along as well! Then wouldn’t the girlfriend get hurt twice as much and hate the friend for ever?”

You tried to process what Baekhyun just said. This took a whole new turn and you couldn’t help but feel like he was talking about the bet. All though you didn’t really get what the whole boy liking this girl had to do with the bet.

“Would you still like to hear a confession from him or not?”

Baekhyun was staring at you with wide eyes while waiting for an answer from you.

Yongguk and Daehyun were standing behind the bar with their hearts beating quickly as they waited for your answer. Their hands were intertwined with each other’s as they watched seriously.

“What do you think she’ll say?” Daehyun whispered but Yongguk just hushed the boy.

“I-…” You paused and thought about it. “I think that I’d like a confession.” Baekhyuns eyes widened even more and his heart skipped a beat. “I mean-“

“Really?”

You blinked behind your lenses with raised eyebrows. “Well… Uh, ye-“

“So you’d like him to confess first?”

“But it’s kind of weird…”

“What’s weird?”

“If the guy really liked her and he was threatened. Wouldn’t he still have told her?”

Baekhyun stared at you. “If he really liked her he wouldn’t care if he was threatened or not. Her safety’s supposed to come first and if she doesn’t believe him that he was threatened it’s her own fault.”

Baekhyun didn’t know what to say after you were done speaking. He sat there in his seat and stared at the table while trying to process what you had just said.

You looked up and saw the familiar tall blonde man enter the café. You quickly got up from your seat and patted Baekhyun on the shoulder. “That’s one weird movie you were watching.”  You said and he looked up at you. “I need to go. Tell me how it ends when you finish it.” You smiled. “See you tomorrow.”

 Baekhyun just blinked as he watched you walk towards the bar.

 

-

 

Yongguk and Daehyun just stared at you with their mouths open when you walked up to them. ”Girl, seriously?” Yongguk said and raised an eyebrow as his eyes shifted between you and Baekhyun.

“What?”

Daehyun rolled his eyes and sighed out. “Oh my god, girl.” He dramatically flipped his blonde bangs.

“I don’t need your sass right now you two. What is it?” You rolled your eyes behind your lenses.

“I can’t even… “ Yongguk tried to look for words but he couldn’t. “I- I can’t believe that…” He raised his hands in the air before he turned around and left, looking like he doesn’t give a damn anymore.

You felt an arm snake around your waist. “Hey, waited long?” Kris asked and smirked.

“Hey, man.” Daehyun and Kris shook hands. “How are you?”

“Doing good.” Kris nodded. “You?”

“Eh, the same.” Both of them chuckled.

 

Baekhyun was still sitting in his seat while he stared at the tall blonde man that looked even taller than Chanyeol hold you around your waist. Who the hell is he now? He didn’t get to see his face since he was wearing sunglasses. Who the hell wears sunglasses when it’s snowing? Why are all these men so touchy with Heesung? Baekhyun felt jealousy grow in him when the blonde man led you towards the backdoor.

 

-

 

Friday

Coming soon.

_________________

A/N I just had to put that there lol ^

Anyways, here's another update hope you all liked it .w."The title , i know i apologize /bows.

Phew, Is it just me or have i been updating this quite alot for the past few days. Like damn, my fingers. >< Oh, and for those who're wondering what Kris and Heesungs relationship is, don't worry, i'll be explaining it before the story ends UvU" This was a confusing chapter to write lol, hope you don't mind the minor errors. I have nothing else to write here so, yeah .w."

Please comment and subscribe! ^^ I love reading your comments! Hope you're all excited for the next chapter ! ^^All though it might not be that good (according to me) but it's in progress!