"So can i have your number?"

Playing the player

School had ended early because the class that you were supposed to have after free period got cancelled. Baekhyun had already been sitting in the classroom when another teacher walked in and told everyone. Baekhyun happily got out of his seat and walked out of the classroom when suddenly you came into his mind.

She hasn’t arrived yet. Does she know that class got cancelled? He thought and faced the other end of the hall where your locker was located.

“Baekhyun-oppa!” A voice called out and he turned back to see one of the creepy girls that kept glaring at you and him in class before.

“Ah… Annyeong.” He greeted her with a slight shaky voice. What you had said about the girls in school came into his mind.

“If you’re not busy now since school ended early, do you want to follow me to the mall?” She asked and flashed an innocent smile.

Baekhyun knew that she was faking the whole cute and nice personality right now and he shuddered inside in disgust. He’d rather go and look for you.

“Uhm, no I’m sorry. I actually have plans.” He declined her offer and smiled. The girls pouted and nodded. “Ah, ok. I’ll see you tomorrow!” She said before turning around heading down the hall.

Now… Where’d Heesung go? He thought and turned down the hall when something caught his eye outside the window.

With furrowed eyebrows he walked towards the window and saw you walking towards the gate. You had already left the building.

“What the-“ Baekhyun gasped and started running towards his locker. The others had a long day today so he had nothing to do and he wanted to ask you a few more questions.

He threw his book in his locker, grabbing his bag at the same time. Slamming his locker shut and locking it in a hurry, he ran down the hall and the two flights of stairs to catch up to you.

The whole running after you thing felt like a deja vú for him as he ran across the schoolyard and turned towards the right. He saw that you were about to get on a buss and that’s when he felt something in him click.

He ran as fast as he could towards the buss and when the doors were about to close he stretched his arm out and the buss driver re opened them. Panting, he took out his buss card from his bag and bleeped it against the scanner.

He saw you sitting in the back, staring at him. Smiling he walked up too you, stumbling a bit on the way since the buss had started to move.

“Hey.” He greeted you and you just looked up. “Can I sit here?” He asked.

Baekhyun was still panting and he felt sweat running down the back of his neck. The cloth of his shirt was sticking to his back and his legs were aching.

“Sure.”

Smiling, Baekhyun sat down next to you and let out a long sigh before facing you.

“So, were you planning on skipping class?” He jokingly asked.

You shook your head. “No, I knew that class was cancelled.”

“And you didn’t tell me?!” He grunted before he started to his blazer.

“I met the teacher on the way to the classroom and she told me. So I left.”

“Without telling me?” He grunted once more before he folded his blazer and put it in his bag. “The whole running after you when I saw you leaving felt so deja vú.”

“Because it was deja vú.” You rolled your eyes behind your glasses. Every time you thought about when he made that scene in front of everyone you shudder. “Why did you run after me this time?”

“Ah, I wanted to hang out with you.” He simply answered and started to fold his white sleeves up.

“Why?”

“Because we’re friends. That’s why.” He grinned and leaned his head back, closing his eyes to rest after his run.

You didn’t say anything after that and faced the window. You were still thinking of why you had become his friend and agreed on being his tutor.

You were heading to the café to eat because right now, you were starving. You thought you could remove the glasses and loose the hair but no, he just had to come along.

The buss had stopped and Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes and grabbed his bag, getting up from his seat with you following right after.

“So where are we heading?” He asked and stretched his arms up high when you two got of the buss.

“I was planning on heading to the café.” You answered and started walking. Baekhyun followed.

“Ah, Two Moons?” He thought about the last time he was there was when he had kept apologizing.

Baekhyun had followed you too the café in silence. You were thinking of how you’d explain this to your brother when you got there. You have texted him before that you’d come earlier since your class got cancelled. He’s expecting you to be alone but now Baekhyun is with you.

You opened the door to the café and were met with one of the waiters working there. “Annyeonghaseyo.” He greeted you both and you only nodded while Baekhyun smiled. “Table for two? Right this way.”

He showed you two to a table by the wall close to the bar. Oh great. You thought as you sat down facing the bar while Baekhyun took the seat in front of you with his back against the bar. You’ve never seen that waiter before, he was probably new, or trying out. Your brother had told you he was recruiting new employees. You were annoyed with the fact that you two were sitting close to where Yongguk works and where your brother usually is when he isn’t serving people.

The same waiter came back with two menus and handed it to you two. “I’ll be back soon to take your orders.” He said and smiled. You managed to get a glance of his nametag before he turned and walked away. Kevin. He was tall and quite skinny with feminie features. You were sure that his hips were smaller than yours.

“So what are you planning to do this weekend?” Baekhyun asked as he looked at the pastries.

“Why are you asking?”

He then looked up with a slight frown. “Trying to start a conversation, because we’re friends. Right?”

You blinked. Oh yeah. , that means I have to start talking to him more now.

“Nothing really.” You answered and closed the menu.

He nodded with a small smile. “This is the time you usually ask ‘how about you’?” He chuckled.

You rolled your eyes. “How about you, Baekhyun?” You repeated after him and he smiled.

“Same, I don’t really have plans.” He then gasped when he thought of something. “Why don’t we have a study session this weekend?” He exclaimed smiled at his idea.

Thankfully, before you could answer the waiter had came back and smiled. “Ready to order?” He asked and you nodded.

“I’ll take the honey chicken and rice, please,” You said and he nodded, writing it down on his little notebook. He then turned to Baekhyun.

“And I’ll take a slice of apple pie, please.” The waiter wrote his order down too before taking the menus, placing them under his arm.

“Drinks?” He asked.

“Water.” You simply said and he wrote that down. “Coke, for me.” Baekhyun said.

“I’ll be right back with your food.” He said before he disappeared into the kitchen door that was by the bar.

Right then your brother and Yongguk stepped out of the kitchen and went behind the bar. You cursed in your head. Yongguk was the first one to see you.

He was about to call your name but stopped when he saw that you had company. He blinked once before he flashed his gummy grin. . You knew that he was teasing you with that grin. Your brother had started taking orders on the other side of the café leaving Yongguk behind the bar. The tall man slowly walked closer to you until he was by the edge of the bar counter, wiping a pair of glasses. He was now almost standing right behind Baekhyun.

The waiter had come back with your drinks and placed them on the table. After he did that he said. “Your meals will be ready in a few minutes.” The two of you nodded before he disappeared into the kitchen again.

“So what do you think?” Baekhyun asked and took a sip from his glass of coke.

“Think about what?” You were concentrating too much on Yongguk who could basically hear everything the two of you were talking about.

“About a study session this weekend. I really don’t understand anything we’re doing in history right now.”

You gulped and saw that Yongguk was now staring at the two of you with wide surprised eyes.

“Because you weren’t planning anything right? My brother is out of town so you could always come too my place. I can buy the snacks this time.” He said and smiled. You remember that time, last year when everyone was talking about how his Baekhyun was living with his brother instead of his parents. They said that Baekhyuns parents owned a company in America so they were living there instead and that they hardly came to visit. Baekhyuns brother was also a businessperson but he only travelled around Asia so he was rarely home himself, leaving the apartment to Baekhyun.

Yongguk was now staring at you with his eyebrows raised and mouth agape. He then looked at Baekhyun then back to you. Then a huge grin appeared on his lips.

“Uhm…” You said but Baekhyun interrupted you.

“Oh, yeah! And if we are going to take a break I have a couple of movies at home. You can choose what to watch if you want.” He suggested and took another sip of his coke.

Yongguk now raised his fist to his mouth and tried to suppress his laughter that threatened to come out. He was grinning so hard that his eyes turned into slits and he gripped the counter to keep his balance. He was enjoying this too much.

You were speechless. Not only were you staring to sweat because it was embarrassing that Yongguk had heard everything and that he’d probably ask you later about what he heard. It was also that Baekhyun was inviting you to his place and you didn’t know what to answer.

“Uhm, I don’t really feel comfortable.” You answered and tried not to sound shaky. You had to keep cool while Yongguk was watching.

The waiter had now come with your food and placed it in front of you. “Sorry, for the wait.” He apologized and bowed once.

“It’s ok.” You said and Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“When I apologize you just get mad at me!” He whined and pouted.

Ignoring him you thanked the waiter before left. Baekhyun sniffed his freshly baked apple pie before he took the fork and dug in, not forgetting to dip it in the vanilla sauce that laid beside in a small cup.

You sliced a piece of chicken before placing it in your mouth and chewed. You were just happy that you were eating right now. You were starving and it felt good to finally have food in your stomach.

Baekhyun watched as you took another piece of chicken on your fork and got a few vegetables too. He watched as you placed it in your mouth and chewed. He forgot how nice your lips looked. That natural pink tint they had, how plump they were and how kissable they looked.

“How’s the food?” A deep husky voice interrupted you both from eating, or, you from eating and Baekhyuns’ thoughts.

The two of you looked up and saw Yongguk standing there with his hands behind his back, flashing his gummy smile.

Your eyes widened, you hadn’t heard him coming since you were too focused on eating. Baekhyun just stared at the tall man in front of him before smiling.

“Ah, it’s great, as usual.”

Yongguk nodded and thanked the boy. So this is the boy Himchan kept whining about. He then turned to you, who pretended not to know him.

“How’s your chicken, miss?” He asked and leaned down, closer too you.

Your left eyebrow twitched in annoyance. “Delicious, thank you.” You answered simply before you started slicing another piece.

“That’s good to hear. If you need anything just call!” He said and walked away, back to the bar.

Baekhyun then faced you. “Man, his voice was deep!” He whispered and blinked.

“I know.” You simply said and continued eating.

“It was almost as deep as Chanyeols! Or even deeper!”

 

When Baekhyun saw that you weren’t even listenting anymore he just continued eating. She probably is hungry… He thought. No wonder since you always skip lunch in school. You two ate in silence until you leaned back and took a big gulp of water. You were satisfied with the meal; it made you full and happy. Baekhyun had also finished his apple pie and now you two were leaning back in your seats.

“That was delicious as always.” He breathed out and placed his hands on his stomach intertwining his long fingers together.

You nodded. The waiter came just in time to get your plates. “What is good?” He asked and both of you nodded.

“Yummy as always!” Baekhyun said and gave thumbs up to the boy. He then turned to you.

“Delicious. Send my regards to the chef.” You said and he nodded before bowing and leaving.

“So…” Baekhyun started and fiddled with his fingers.

“I need to go to the bathroom.” You interrupted him and got out of your seat. Surprised Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. “Ah, ok.”

You walked past the bar, to the other side where the bathrooms were located. You entered the ladies room and walked into one of the rooms where they had a mirror and a tap each.

You let out a frustrated sigh and tore the hair tie of your hair. Taking of your glasses you patted your cheeks.

“Ah…” Sighing you brushed your fingers through your long hair. The ends had tangled because of the bun and your under eye area where the glasses had been leaning on started to get oily.

You were thinking if you should at least tidy your bun so your hair didn’t cover half of your face but then Baekhyun came into your mind.

“He wouldn’t care would he?” You asked yourself. You tried once with putting your hair in a decent bun. Your facial features were more revealing now and you worried that he might recognize you as Hyorin.

Ignoring that thought for now you let your hair be before you turned the tap on to rinse your face. Dabbing lightly with a paper towel you looked in the mirror. You looked more refreshed and alive now. Even though you wanted to walk out like this you couldn’t. Sighing you put your glasses back on and walked out.

Once you had left the ladies room you saw a familiar tall figure that had a wide gummy grin, leaning on the wall in front of the door.

“Oppa.” You said and removed your glasses. Baekhyun wouldn’t be able to see you from this angle anyway.

“Hey, so…” You know where he wanted to go with this conversation.

“I’ll tell you everything later ok? I need to get back. It’d be embarrassing if he thought I stayed on the toilet too long.” You didn’t want to talk about it with him right now because you know he’d just tease you for this and you didn’t have time with that right now.

Yongguk nodded. “Himchan hasn’t seen you guys yet.” He stated and you raised your eyebrows.

“He hasn’t? Weird. I thought he’d see us once he walked out of the kitchen with you before.” Yongguk shook his head. “Nah, he’s been in the back for a while making calls. I suppose you’ve seen the new kid, right?”

“Ah, Kevin, yeah I’ve seen him. Seems ok.”

Yongguk nodded. “He’s just trying this out first though. So he knows how it feels, y’know?” He said and you rolled your eyes.

“I need to go oppa.” You said and put your glasses back on before turning around.

“Oh, don’t want him to wait too long. I get it.” You heard a teasing tone in his voice and shook your head. You’d deal with him later when you get home. You heard him chuckling behind you when you headed back to your table.

Baekhyun had been sitting and waiting for you. He was deep in his thoughts. He was thinking about if you’d say ‘yes’ for this weekend. You did say you didn’t have any plans. And he didn’t either. Not that he knows yet though. God knows, Chanyeol will probably plan something on the last minute and try to drag everyone to do the same. But this weekend he’d decline if you said ‘yes’. Because he really needed to catch up and… Watch the new movie he bought the other day.

He didn’t even notice you had come back until he heard your chair being pulled out. He looked up and his eyes widened. He noticed that your hair was put up nicely showing more of your face and that your skin had looked more refreshed than before.

“Ah, uhm… W-welcome back.” He stuttered and you just sat and looked at him.

“What?” You asked and tilted your head. You were wrong before, he did notice that you had fixed your hair more decent and washed you face judging by his face expression.

“You… Uhm…” He felt his cheeks heat up and looked down on his knees. He snuck a quick glance from you before he faced down again.

With your hair out of the way your skin looked more fair and smooth than it did when it was covering half of your face. He saw your slight chubby cheeks better now and your nice, sharp jawline. As usual his eyes had landed on your lips, your natural pink tinted lips. He felt his whole face heat up and he didn’t know why.

“Baekhyun?” You asked and leaned forward. He was sitting and squirming in his seat while looking down and you thought that he didn’t feel well. That was until you saw that the tips of his ears were turning red, that’s when it clicked for you.

Is he… Is he blushing because of me?

He then looked up while covering his mouth with one hand, trying to hide his obvious blush. His eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at you. You questionably tilted your head.

“You… You look better with your hair up…” He commented before he looked down again and started squirming in his seat.

You didn’t know what to say after he had just complimented. You didn’t know if you should feel happy or awkward.

“Thanks… I guess.” You scratched the back of your ear before taking a sip of water.

You saw that the waited was heading towards your table holding the receipt. He must’ve come when Baekhyun was sitting and waiting for you.

He smiled when he arrived at your table. “Here’s the receipt, sir.” He handed it to Baekhyun who immediately sat up straight. “Ah, thank you.” He smiled, a small tint of blush was still on his cheeks and it amused you that it did.

“Thank you for coming to Two Moons.” The waiter bowed and smiled before leaving. You turned to Baekhyun who had a sheepish grin on his lips.

“My treat.” He said and you thanked him with a short nod with your head. “Shall we go?” He asked and you nodded, getting up from your seat.

“Oh, by the way Heesung.” Baekhyun called out while throwing his back pack over his shoulders. You turned to him while you fixed your straps.

“So what do you think about this weekend?” He asked for the umpth time. He needed an answer and he secretly hoped for a yes.

You thought about it for a while more now. That’s when you saw Yongguk wiping the bar counter behind Baekhyun with a grin. He too had heard Baekhyuns question and he wanted to hear your answer as well.

Baekhyun rocked back and forth on the soles on his feet while you were thinking. He passed time by looking around the whole room and admiring it’s interior.

Yongguk made jabbed his thumb towards Baekhyun while nodding his head. You furrowed your eyebrows at his silly move. Yongguk rolled his eyes and tried mouthing you something but you couldn’t understand. He then pointed at you then Baekhyun before nodding his head. That’s when you understood what he was trying to tell you.

Your mouth fell open and you shook your head while he kept nodding with a serious expression on his face. You mouthed ‘no’ while he rolled his eyes.

“Heesung?” Baekhyun asked and you quickly turned to him, ignoring Yongguks new attempt on trying to get you too go.

“Yeah?”

“So are you coming over this weekend? I can pick you up if you want. Just tell me your address.” He flashed a small grin before he started to rock back and forth on his heels. You glanced towards Yongguk who was leaning with both of his elbows on the counter with his chin in his hands. He really wanted to know your answer as well.

“I, uh.”

“For gods’ sake just go with the boy!” A deep voice annoyingly called out and the two of you, and a few customers that sat close by turned to the bar where Yongguk had immediately gotten a close by glass and started wiping it, while walking towards the center of the bar.

You felt your face heat up in embarrassment and your eye twitched. Oh, he’ll so pay for that later.

“Who was that?” Baekhyun asked with a confused expression on his face.

“What? Uh, no one, I think you’re just hearing things.” You made an excuse and scratched he back of your ear.

Baekhyun nodded slowly. Hearing things? Then the saying ‘you only hear what you want to hear’ is true…

He then let a shy smile appear on his lips from the thought of it.

“And, uhm. Sure, yeah.” You answered his question and Baekhyun looked at you with surprised eyes.

“Yeah, as in… Yes, we can hang out this weekend?”

You slowly nodded when you saw Yongguk giving you a huge grin and holding two thumbs up for you from behind the bar. He also silently clapped his hands and pretended to dramatically wipe away a fake tear that has escaped from his eye.

“Really? Whoa!” He felt a bomb of happiness explode inside him when you said yes. It was the same feeling he got when you had accepted on becoming his tutor and friend.

You nodded once more. It looked like you were looking directly at Baekhyun but you were actually keeping an eye on Yongguk incase he was going to do anything stupid like the last time.

“Ok, uhm, how do we do? What day?” He asked and you didn’t answer, keeping your eye on the man behind the bar. “What time? Which is best for you?” Baekhyun kept asking questions and then you turned to him.

“You know we can always plan these things later on.” You stated and scratched the back of his head, embarrassed.

“Oh, yeah right.” He chuckled. “But if it’s on a weekend I have to be able to contact you.” He thought for a while.

You raised an eyebrow while Baekhyun nervously ruffled his brown bangs. “So uh… Can I have your number?” 

____________

A/N

Whooo, double update! I hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter, which i also wrote during class. Ehe.

Anyways, comment and subscribe! ^^

I'll put KaixHeesung moment in the next chapter i'm working on, hehe. Kai thinks he'll never fulfill this bet since he can never find Heesung but he hasn't entirely give up yet. When he makes a move Heesung will be ready, hehehehe.

Lol, omg. ><

Don't forget to comment! I love getting comments from my subbies haha.

-ItsMeAleex