18

Playing the player

Baekhyun greeted the guys once he took a seat beside Chanyeol in the cafeteria. The guys had been sitting by a round table in the corner and Baekhyun found them immediately.

“So I talked to Heesung today.” Kai spoke up and everyone around the table looked up from their plates. Baekhyun was the first one who looked up by the mention of your name.

“Say what?” Chanyeols eyes widened. “Really?!” Kai nodded and chewed before swallowing.

“I was skipping class and she bumped into me.”

“Wait, dude. Details.” Chanyeol leaned an elbow on the table and snapped at Kai.

Baekhyun listened intently as his friend began to speak. “She’s nothing like I expected to be honest.” Kai confessed and leaned back in his seat with crossed arms. Baekhyun inwardly nodded. He could agree with Kai because he felt the same when he first started hanging out with you.

Chanyeol looked at Kai filled with curiosity. “Oh, really?”

 

Kai nodded. “She’s more badass than I thought.”

Everyone around the table furrowed their eyebrows. “Badass?” D.O raised an eyebrow.

“She was skipping class too.”

Chanyeol formed an O shape with his mouth. “Oooh.”

Baekhyun knew why though but he didn’t say anything. You didn’t tell him that you met Kai, which he became slightly sad about. He really thought that he should teach you about socializing more with people… Especially him.

“Skipping class?” Suho blinked confused. “But how does she keep her grades so high…” He murmured.

“The hath good gradeth?” The maknae asked and leaned forward.

Suhos mouth fell open in shock as if Sehun said the most stupid thing ever. “Seriously?” He asked and Sehun blinked in confusion.

“Choi Heesung is one of the top five smartest students in the whole school! Heck! She’s like the smartest student! Every test she gets an A. Every exam she gets the highest score in school! She’s always been number one on the board.” Suho ranted and breathed out. “Even I’m no match for her and I’m in the top ten.” He sadly sighed.

Baekhyun and the rest of the boys sat with their mouths hanging open. Baekhyun knew that you were smart but not that smart! Number one in the whole school. Wow, Baekhyun had gotten himself a great tutor then.

“Whoa.” Sehun gasped in surprise. “I didn’t know…”

D.O shook his head. “Not me either…”

Chanyeol and Kai sat there still shocked. Chanyeol turned too Kai. “Dude, good luck on this.” He patted the younger one on the shoulder.

Kai groaned in annoyance. “You don’t think that she’ll see through me, don’t you?” He asked with a hint of fear in his voice.

“I have no idea.” Suho shook his head. “But I personally advice you that you don’t go on with this bet at all.”

“I think so too…” Baekhyun mumbled and everyone looked at him.

“Oh, yeah. You go in her class right?” Suho asked and Baekhyun nodded slowly.

“That means we have math together!” D.O added and smiled.

“We do?” D.O nodded excited. Their math classes had been cancelled for the past few days since the teacher was sick. But he’ returning next week.

“Wait, Baekhyun. How does she study?” Suho asked really wanting to know.

Baekhyun blinked and thought for a while. “She doesn’t.” He answered simply.

Suho was confused. “Doesn’t?” Baekhyun nodded and repeated what he just said.

Still so utterly confused Suho slumped down in his seat getting into his own thoughts.

“Class start soon guys!” D.O stated and stood up from his seat with Sehun and Baekhyun following. Suho was still too deep in his thoughts.

“I’ll be leaving first then.” Baekhyun said and took his empty plate and left the table with Sehun waving at him.

 

Once Baekhyun got to class he sat by his normal seat beside your empty one and took out his phone. The teacher hadn’t arrived yet and there were already a few people here.

He didn’t know what to name you yet on his phone so now he just named you “H”. He began typing something he has had on his mind since before.

 

I DIDN’T KNOW THAT YOU WERE NUMBER 1 IN SCHOOL!! O:

 

He wrote and clicked send. Almost immediately his phone vibrated.

 

From: H

Number one in what?

 

You have the highest grades in the whole school!! How come you didn’t tell me?!

 

Baekhyun was surprised at how fast you had replied.

From: H

I thought I was only in the top five.

 

He didn’t understand that it seemed like you didn’t care. As if it didn’t concern you at all which it actually did.

No! I just heard from Suho hyung that you’re number one!! O_O I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS.

 

From: H

Believe what?

 

That... That the schools top student with the highest grades is my tutor… ><

 

From: H

 

Baekhyun was interrupted by the sound of a door closing. Looking up he noticed that everyone was seated in their places and that the teacher had just walked in.

He quickly put his phone back in his pocket and decided to continue texting you later instead.

 

You entered the café and Yongguk immediately saw you. He exited the bar and strolled towards you with a gummy smile on his face. Before he wrapped his arms around you he looked around making sure that you were alone.

“No Baekhyun today?” He asked and you knew that teasing smile he had on too well.

“Nope, and thank god for that.” You sighed before walking past him through the café and into the back.

Entering the dressing rooms you saw Kevin sitting alone by the round table with his phone. He looked up once he heard the door open and his mouth fell in surprise.

“A-Ah!” He stood up while putting his phone away. “This room is only for the staff.” He said and as if on cue your brother walked in.

“Ah, Heesung!” He smiled widely and gave you a backhug. Kevin stood there frozen on his spot not knowing what to do.

“Yongguk told me you just got here. I already called the school so don’t worry.” He assured you and you thanked him before walking past Kevin and placing your bag on the table in front of a big mirror that hung on the wall.

“Hyung, you know her?” Kevin whispered too your brother.

Himchan nodded and smiled. “Of course! She’s my baby sister that I’ve talked about!”

Kevins mouth fell open once again before looking at you then back to your brother. He didn’t know what to say since with you dressed like that, he couldn’t see it.

You sighed before disappearing behind one of the locker rows. Yes, your brother had given you one of the lockers incase you’d like to change, just like now. You always had a pair of extra clothes and essentials in here incase for situations like this.

You unlocked your locker and opened it then lifted your beige sweated over your head. You heard your brother drag Kevin out of the room so that you could change in peace. Sighing you ed your white blouse and your skirt wiggling your hips at the same time so that I fell to your feet.

After you’ve changed into a pair of black shorts and a different pair of tights. You pulled over a navy blue long sleeved sweater over your head. It had a slight V cut in the front.

Going to the bathroom you just rinsed your face off and let your hair out from the messy bun. Taking your purple makeup pouch from your locker you took a seat in front of the big mirror and started to apply a little bit of makeup.

 

After you applied your eyeliner a soft knock on the door was heard.

“Yes?” You called out while checking that your eyeliner was even.

“H-Heesung-shi?” Kevin stuttered while peeking in with closed eyes. “Your brother just wanted me to check on you.”

“It’s ok. You can look.” You said while brushing your hair. He slowly opened his eyes before they widened.

“What?” You chuckled an started tieing your long hair into a high pony tail.

“Uh… Uhm… You look…”

“Different?” The boy nodded. “I know. Did Himchan tell you?” He nodded once more, feeling his face heat up.

You checked yourself one last time in the mirror before putting your bags in your locker.

“Let’s go?” You asked and waited for him to walk out the door first. “Y-Yeah!” He stuttered but he moved aside letting you out first. Smiling and thanking him you walked out to the café.

“Heesung baby!” Your brother immediately greeted you after you had taked a seat, the same place where you and Baekhyun sat by yesterday.

Himchan walked up too you, occupying the seat in front of you. “How are you?”

“Fine. Still a bit tired though.” You shrugged. Himchan nodded understanding.

“A-Are you going to order anything, Heesung-shi?” A stuttering voice interrupted the two of you. You looked up and saw Kevin holding his little note pad in his hand and a pen in the other. His cheeks had a light shade of pink.

Smiling you answered. “I’d like a chocolate cake, please.” Nodding the boy wrote your order down before asking. “With cream?” You nodded and he wrote that down too.

“Drinks?”

“Water, please.” Kevin nodded and wrote that down too before he faced your brother.

“Anything for you, hyung?” Your brother shook his head before smiling. “No, thank you.”

Kevin nodded once more. “Your cake will be ready in a few minutes.” With that he disappeared.

“He has a thing for you…” Your brother teasingly whispered before he leaned his forearms on the table.

You rolled your eyes. “Oh, please.”

“I’d rather have you hang up with him than that…” He thought for a bit. “… Bacon, or whatever his name is.”

“Oppa!” You whined, annoyed. Himchan just shrugged innocently in his seat.

“Anyways.” You tried changing the subject. “Has Kevin signed up for the job permanently now?”

Your brother nodded. “Yupp, he did before. He’s now my new employee.” He answered proudly. “A new employee that had a crush on you.” He added while wiggling his eyebrows.

You sighed at his comment and shook your head. Kevin arrived at your table with your chocolate caked and glass of water. He placed them in front of you.

“Here’s you cake.” He said and straightened his back.

“Kevin.” Himchan said and got out of his seat. “Keep my sister company while she eats.” He smiled and held the chair out for the now red-faced boy.

“W-What?” He asked and blinked.

You looked at your brother with shocked wide eyes thinking what the hell he is doing.

“Come on! You two have to get to know each other!” Himchan chuckled and literally forced the boy to sit down.

“Kevin, take a break for now.” Your brother said all too nicely with a wide smile on his face. “You two have fun!” And with that he left.

You sighed annoyed with your brother. Kevin sat there not knowing what to do. His face was read and his throat suddenly became dry.

“I apologize for my brothers weird behavior.” You said making the boy look up and face you. He tried to say something but he ended up looking like a goldfish instead.

“So you’re working here now?” You asked, trying to end the awkward atmosphere your brother had left you both in.

Kevin nodded. “Y-Yeah. I liked it here.” He answered while scratching the nape of his neck.

“That’s good.” Nodding, agreeing with him. “You better get used to seeing me here more often then.”

Kevin nodded once more.” As your…” He paused, thinking his next question over. “School self?” He asked. “Or your… Like that self?” He blinked.

You chuckled at his choice of words. Kevin blinked confused while his face heated up. “A little bit of both.” You answered, a smile still on your face. “But mostly like this I hope.”

Kevin returned the smile and you both started a conversation while you began eating your chocolate cake. You found out that Kevin is a friend of Daehyun, who also works here from time to time; it was him that suggested this place to him.

Kevin was born and raised in America before his family moved back to Korea because of his fathers’ job making him fluent in English. He’s been studying and living here ever since then and he met Daehyun in school. Daehyun was his first friend he made when he had moved here and both grew close to each other.

“Kevin, are you aware of what goes on here when night falls?” You asked as after you swallowed the last piece of your cake.

He nodded. “Yes, I’m fully aware. Himchan-hyung asked me to help out tonight.”

“That’s good.” You smiled and he returned the smile. He’s loosened up a bit now that you two have been talking for a while. He’s no longer stuttering but he keeps blushing, which you thought was cute.

“Will you be coming tonight?” He asked.

You thought about it for a moment. Should you? It’s a school day tomorrow, although you don’t know if you’ll be going. You don’t feel like meeting Baekhyun and … Kai If you ran into him again.

“I don’t know. I’ll see if I can.” You answered and he nodded.

Then suddenly your wild brother re appeared out of nowhere.

“Well hello there!” He greeted you both with an awfully big grin. “Have you two gotten to know each other better?” He asked.

“Yes, Kevin seems to be a great employee.” You answered and Kevin flushed.

“I’m happy you think so.” You brother said then faced Kevin. “Come on! Break’s over.” And with that he left again.

You sighed. “And too think. We’re related.”

Kevin laughed at your comment while getting out of his seat. “To be honest.” He said while taking your plate and empty glass. “You two don’t really seem alike.”

You looked up and blinked. “Oh, really?” It wasn’t the first time someone had said that the two of you weren’t alike.

Kevin nodded. “But still.” He thought for a bit. “You do.”

“I take that as a compliment, thank you.” You smiled and he turned red once more.

“N-No problem.” He muttered before hurrying to the kitchen.

You chuckled for yourself and took out your phone only to notice that you had a few unread messages.

From: Annoying Bacon.

How are you feeling? :3

 

You shook your head to yourself and clicked reply.

 

Fine. Thank you for asking.

 

Your phone vibrated again when you were about to put it down on the table. Raising an eyebrow you clicked on the unread message.

From: Annoying Bacon

That’s great!! OwO Are you coming to school tomorrow by the way? ><

 

You thought for a moment before glancing towards the counter where your brother was standing, talking to Yongguk. Would he let you skip school a day? You started typing an answer already when you knew that he would let you, you’d just say that you didn’t feel well again.

I don’t think so. I still don’t feel quite well.

 

It was Friday tomorrow and then weekend. You were thinking about what you’d do this weekend. Go to the mall? Hang out with the boys? Go clubbing?

Your phone vibrated again and you checked the message.

From: Annoying Bacon

Oh … ;A; But… Will you be well enough for this weekend? ><

 

Gasping your eyes widened. You had almost forgotten about the study session you’d have at his place! Sighing in annoyance you clicked reply.

Yes.

 

Almost and immediate reply came.

From: Annoying Bacon.

Are you sure?

_______________________

Yes.

_______________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

Alright … Is Saturday ok for you? ^^ Around noon? C:

________________________

Sure.

________________________

You got out of your seat and decided to walk back to the dressing room and sit there instead. You took a seat in front of the mirrors and checked your phone again and started a long texting conversation with Baekhyun.

 

From: Annoying Bacon.

Ok, great! Any snacks you like? :3

__________________________

Doesn’t matter.

__________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

Ok! Where should I meet you? O: Shall I pick you up? ^^

___________________________

I can meet you somewhere.

___________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

I live close too school ^^ ! So it’s not far.

____________________________

Really?

______________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

Yes! Walking usually takes half an hour only ^.^

____________________________

I’ll meet you outside of school then?

___________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

Great idea! Is it ok if we stop by a supermarket on the way? :3 So I can buy snacks !

______________________________

Sure.

___________________________

 

“Who you texting?” A deep teasing voice asked, startling you.

Jumping in your seat you turned and saw Yongguk grinning by the door. You hadn’t heard him come in.

“Ah, oppa.” You said and he walked in taking a seat next to you.

“Who you texting?” He asked again, his teasing tone more obvious now. Rolling your eyes you put your phone on the table.

“I think you know who.”

His grin widened. “So you gave him your number.”

You nodded. “Yes. Yes, I did. And now he’s texting me non stop.” You complained.

“But you don’t seem that annoyed by it.” He stated.

“Well I do need to reply…” You mumbled, crossing your arms across your chest. Your phone vibrated once more.

“Planning what’s happening this weekend?”

“The study session.”

Yongguk nodded while getting up from his seat. “Ok, just checking on you.” He said while heading to the door. “Just come out if you need anything!” Then he left.

When he closed the door behind him you checked your phone for what he now had sent you.

 

From: Annoying Bacon.

Alright!

 I’ll call you tomorrow after school! ^

Don’t forget to get some rest now! C:

________________________________

Thank you. I’ll be waiting for your call.

________________________________

 

A/N

Hello! Another update up! 

Ugh, I'm sorry about the ugly texting style... Please tell me how i can write texts ... 

Anyways. As usual. I hope you like this chapter! Comment and subscribe! Btw, i read thtough a few of my earlier chapters and... Ew. I decided that i'll be spending sometime on  editing them a little, if you don't mind ^^ I don't know if you'll get any updates because i just edited a chapter... Idek if that happens but if it does later one i apologize! I am really not satisifed with my earlier chapters. And i apologize again that my A/N always end up long. Ugh. Don't worry i'll stop now! ^^"

I'm working on the next chapter too! huehue