23

Playing the player

A/N 

Hello! To those who haven't read chap 22, please do so before reading this one! ^^ I don't know if you could see that i changed that i updated that chapter so i'm not sure if you've gotten a msg that i've updated >< Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR! PREPARE FOR THE COMEBACKS lol. 

I hope that you like this chapter! Please, comment and subscribe! ^^

I want to know your thoughts about this and so on uvu

_________________________________

“Oh, so he’s already asked you?” Kris raised his eyebrows in surprise after you’ve finished telling him about what happened.

The two of you were sitting in his bed, him shirtless and you in his t-shirt. You were sitting on the edge of his bed while he was behind you, supporting himself on one arm while leaning his chin on your shoulder. Luckyly, he was home alone since he was too lazy to go out with the others. It seemed like the others went to an arcade.

You sighed. “Yeah, I can just imagine all the attention I’ll be getting tomorrow…” You did not look forward for that. The news about him asking you out has probably spread around school now and you could just imagine everyones stares.

“Annoying…” Kris mumbled against your bare skin, his shirt sliping of your shoulder. You nodded, agreeing with him. You were pondering about what to do tomorrow once you get to school. Should I ignore Baekhyun and the rest? That thought came into your mind. Should you? It would be too troublesome with them around if you were going to accept Kais question.

“How’s your hip?” Kris asked and chuckled. You turned around and gave him a glare. Oh right… Kris slowly backed away once he saw you getting back on the bed. He gulped as he saw a smirk spread on your lips.

“About that…” You pushed Kris down so he was now on his back. His eyes widened when you straddled him. “This time I’ll make sure you don’t get to walk for a day.” You growled and he yelped.

 

 

 

The boys were already home and so was your brother and Yongguk. Zelo and the rest of his gang didn’t follow this time. The boys were downstairs in the living room as usual while Yongguk was in the kitchen. You met your brother coming down the stairs that lead to the third floor where his and a few other of the boys’ room was. Yes, your house had three floors. And an attic which was rarely opened.

“Ah, Heesung!” He smiled and you smiled back as you closed the door behind you. You two walked down the stairs together. “Do you know what’s wrong with Kris?” He asked and looked at you as you stopped by the foot of the stairs.

You blinked and shook your head. “No, why?” Himchan sighed.

“His hip hurts and he can hardly walk.” He ruffled his hair. “What has he been doing?” He mumbled and walked into the kitchen and once he disappeared you smirked. Payback.

You walked proudly into the living room and looked at what everyone was doing. Lay was on the sofa watching something on his computer. Chen was sitting beside Lay on the sofa browsing on his cell phone with his headphones on. Luhan was sitting on the armchair playing with his rubix cube… Xiumin was probably in the kitchen since he was nowhere to be seen.

You turned around when you heard grunting and saw Tao supporting Kris as he staggered into the living room. You smiled at Kris as he walked into the living room, taking a seat between Lay and Chen.

“What the hell happened to you?” Chen asked and eyed Kris, removing his headphones from his ears. Kris groaned and leaned his head back.

“Did you hurt your hip?” Lay asked and looked up from his computer. Kris gave you a quick glance before he slowly nodded.

Chuckling, you shook your head and decided to go back up to your room. You threw yourself onto your bed and grabbed your phone that was on your bedside. You haven’t checked it since you left school.

Your eyes widened as you saw eight missed calls and five messages from Baekhyun. What does he want? You thought as you read his texts.

 

From: Annoying Bacon.

Heesung! Where are you?! You said that you were just going to get your books….

______________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

Did you go home? :c weren’t you feeling well?

______________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

WAS IT THE FRUIT?! O_O

_____________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

I just talked to Kai… >< He said that he asked you out… Is that true?

Btw, WAS IT THE FRUIT?! D:

_____________________________

From: Annoying Bacon.

What’s your answer for Kai? ><”

___________________________________

 

You rolled your eyes as you read his texts. No, it wasn’t the fruits… Just when you were about to put your phone away it vibrated. Checking the caller id you sighed.

 

Incoming call:

Annoying Bacon.

 

Rolling around so you were laying on your back you were about to put it against your ear but quickly pulled it away.

“HEESUNG, ARE YOU OK?! WAS IT THE FRUIT?!” Baekhyun yelled. Your eye twitched as you slowly put it to your ear after he was done.

“No, Baekhyun…” You said in a strain voice, trying not to lash out on him. “It wasn’t the fruit.”

You heard him sigh out in relief. “Thank god…” He said and you heard him walking around, probably his room. “Why did you leave all of a sudden? I was waiting for you.”

“I got a headache.” You lied.

“Oh…” He muttered and you heard him take a seat on his leather couch. “Are you better now though?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“So…” You knew what he was going to ask next. “Kai asked you out today he said…” Baekhyuns voice low.

“Yeah.”

“He said that you were going to think about it.”

“Yes.”

“Have you… Thought about it?” He asked, a hint of emotion in his voice you couldn’t name.

“I don’t know…” Time to start acting. You sounded ashamed and shy as you continued.  “I mean I barely know him.” Baekhyun didn’t respond at first since you took him in surprise.

“Ah…” He gave a fake chuckle. “But… Would you like to get to know him better?” He asked in a shaky voice.

You acted all shy again. “I don’t know…” Baekhyun didn’t say anyting again. “Maybe.”

You heard Baekhyun try and figure out what to say next. “O-Oh, okay…” He finally said, and once again you couldn’t determine the hint of emotion that was in his voice.

“Are you ok Baekhyun?” You asked, actually worried. He sounded… Not like him. You couldn’t determine the emotion he spoke with and he wasn’t as social as he usually was.

“Ah, yeah! I’m ok… Just… A bit tired that’s all.” You knew that he was lying. You could hear it.

“Go and rest.” You said and sat up in your bed. You weren’t acting anymore.

“I guess I should… I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah.”

“Bye, Heesung. You get some rest too!” He sounded a little more like himself now, but not really.

“Bye.”

You placed your phone on your bedside once again and fell back. Staring at your ceiling you were pondering about why Baekhyun sounded so unlike him.

 

 

You were already seated in the back of the classroom, waiting. You knew what was going to happen today and you knew that you’d hate it. In the corner of your eye you saw the door slide open and you wondered who’d come this early. To your dismay those three girls that have kept glaring at you during class walked in. And they didn’t look happy when they walked towards you. They stopped in front of your table with crossed arms looking down at you. Oh, please. You rolled your eyed behind your lenses.

“Hey, you!” The girl in the middle said. What was her name again? You thought as you looked up. Oh, right… Hayoung. Hayoung and her two minions, which you didn’t remember the names of.

“May I help you?” You asked in the calmest voice you could muster out.

“What’s your problem?” Hayoung snapped and frowned. You raised and amused eyebrow, pretending not to understand. When you didn’t answer she let an annoyed sigh out before she leaned forward, putting her palms on your desk.

“First you get Baekhyun then D.O and now Kai has asked you out?!” She literally yelled in your face. Man, did she forget to brush her teeth this morning? Her breath was fogging your lenses.

“I don’t understand.” You said and tilted your head. “It was Baekhyuns choice to sit beside me.” She scoffed.

“As if he’d ever sit with you willingly!”

“He has been doing so since he transferred to our class, hasn’t he?”

Her frown grew. “Oh, don’t get smart with me!” She pointed at you. She was about to say something else but the doors opened and students started walking in. Hayoung looked back at the door then you before she straightened herself.

She stomped away with her two minions following her. You tried stifling the smirk that wanted to spread on your lips. Maybe you’d have a little fun with them as well. As you turned to the window again, you felt it. You felt the others stares as they took their seats. You even heard a few mumbling your name together with Kais. So it’s begun… You inwardly sighed.

You heard the chair beside you being pulled out and you already knew whom it was. Turning to the person beside you, he greeted you with a tired grin.

“Good Morning, Heesung!” Baekhyun said but something wasn’t right. He had dark circles under his eyes and his smile didn’t reach them. You furrowed your eyebrows in worry.

“How are you?” You asked and he tried keeping the smile on his face on.

“I’m fine.” He said and quickly looked forward. You noticed that the students weren’t staring at you anymore except those three girls in the front but you ignored them. You leaned closer to Baekhyun.

“No you’re not.” You whispered and his eyes widened as he felt your breath hit his neck. “What’s wrong?”

“I-I...” He started, his voice shaky. “I didn’t get much sleep last night…” He confessed and looked down at his desk.

You couldn’t ask any more questions since the teacher had walked in.

 

 

During class you noticed that Baekhyun kept passing out from time to time. You had to poke him so that he’d wake up but it didn’t take long until he slumbered once more. You also had to try and prevent him form hitting his head on his desk while you were working.

Class hand ended and you didn’t get up like you usually did. You sat and waited for Baekhyun as he slowly gathered his barely touched books. He looked at you with a confused expression on his face. His eyes even droopier than before, his dark circles deepend in the color.

“What are you waiting for?” He asked and stood up, his posture slumped and lazy.

“You.” You simply answered and stood behind your chair. He blinked once but that just made his eyes look more tired. “Follow me.” You said and grabbed his sleeve and dragged him out of the classroom.

Baekhyun was confused as you dragged him down the empty corridor. He didn’t even pay attention to where you were dragging him. You stopped in front of the door to the abandoned nurses office. You slid the door open and dragged Baekhyun in with you then closed the door behind you.

Baekhyun was still so confused. Suddenly his books were out of his grip and you placed them on the desk. You then pushed Baekhyun towards the bed and he stood beside you while staring dumbly at you. You rolled your eyes behind your lenses.

“Get on the bed.” You demanded and his eyes slightly widened. You crossed your arms across your chest. “I said. Get on the bed.” Your voice more hard this time. Baekhyun clumsily did as he was told and got onto the bed, almost rolling of immediately, but managed to get on it at last. “Remove your shoes.” You said and he did. After he placed them on the floor beside the bed it seemed like his power to speak came back to him.

“What am I doing?” He asked and sat on the bed looking at you standing by the end of the bed.

“Sleep.” You said and he furrowed his eyebrows confused.

“What? But… But what about class?” He asked and a yawn escaped from his mouth.

“Don’t worry about that. Sleep.” You walked around the bed so you were standing beside it, looking down at him.

Baekhyun tried protesting but quickly silenced when you placed your hand on his shoulder and slowly pushed him down on the bed. Once his head hit the pillows he instantly fell asleep. But was still a bit conscious to be able to pull the covers over him.

Finally. You thought and walked towards the desk and took a seat on the chair. You were sincerely worried about Baekhyun right now. Even though you didn’t like it… He was still your friend right? For now… He’d probably stop caring about you once you’ve revealed whom you are when that time comes.

His soft snoring filled the room and it was the only thing that was heard. You don’t know how long it’s passed since you left the classroom. The next class had probably already started. He was probably going to miss lunch as well.

Baekhyun kept tossing and turning in his sleep, even muttering incoherent words you couldn’t distinguish. You tilted your head as you saw his tie tighten around his neck due too his tossing and turning. You got up from the chair and walked towards him. Sighing you slowly undid his tie without waking him. Once you removed it from around his neck his eyes sprung open surprising you. He stared at you before he slowly sat up, his eyes still on you.

“Your tie was almost suffocating you.” You simply said and folded his tie in your hands. He blinked tiredly once before he started removing his blazer and threw it towards the end of the bed. He then fell back and his light snores filled the room once again.

Your eyebrow twitched as you took his blazer as well and hung it around the back of the chair as well as his tie. You then continued to sit on the chair with your legs crossed as well as your arms and waited.

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes, his vision still blurry. His eyes widened as he saw the familiar figure sitting on the chair. His breath hitched as he squinted his eyes trying to get a better view of the person sitting by the chair staring at the wall in front.

H-Hyorin? He thought as he saw her wearing his schools uniform. But it wasn’t just his schools uniform. It was Heesungs. He recognized the baggy sweater she wore and the messy bun she had on top of her head. He furrowed his eyebrows, confused. Why is she here? Why is she wearing Heesungs uniform?

He accidentally let a cough out and shut his eyes. But the last thing he saw was Hyorin turning to him with her stormy eyes wide. As he slowly sat up shaking his head he opened his eyes and found you sitting on the chair instead. Was that a dream? He thought as he eyed you. He noticed his tie and blazer hanging on the back of the chair.

“Heesung?” He said and squinted his eyes at you, wondering if Hyorins face might show up instead.

You cleared your throat and tried calming your heart down. “Yes?” You tried not to stutter. What just happened almos gave you a heart attack.

Baekhyun looked around the room and found out that he was in the abandoned nurse room. “What happened?” He asked and leaned his elbows on his knees.

“I dragged you in here so you could sleep.” You simply answered. He stared at you still confused. You then stood up and pushed your glasses up your nose bridge.

“I’ll be right back. Stay here.” You then left the room, leaving him alone. He stared at the door for a while before he ruffled his hair.

“Was that a dream?” He asked himself as he laid back down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. He sniffed the air for a moment before he turned his head until his nose touched the pillow. He just now noticed that the pillows smelled like you. He blushed at the thought of if your smell was the reason he slept well.

Baekhyun felt more awake and energetic now after his nap. But he didn’t know exactly how long he’s been sleeping for. That thought made him sit up again. He’s probably missed classes. How would he explain to the teachers about this?

After a few minutes you walked back in the room and slid the door closed behind you. Baekhyun looked up and watched you walk towards him. You handed him a baguette, a bottle of water and an apple.

“You missed lunch.” You said and were about to walk back to the chair.

“Wait!” Baekhyun made you stop in your tracks. You looked back and he patted on the empty space by the end of the bed. “Sit here.” He suggested and you did, not wanting to argue.

“Thanks…” He mumbled as he started to unwrap his baguette.

“No problem.”

“I mean. For letting me sleep here as well…” He corrected and you looked at him. He flashed a grin; his smile livelier now and his dark cricles had slightly reduced.

“No problem. You almost fell asleep during class.” His eyes widened.

“I did? Oh…” He took a bite from the baguette and was surprised at how delicious it was. He nodded in approval. “Where’d you get this?” He asked and raised it in his hand before he took another bite.

“Secret.” A small smile played on your lips making the boy almost choke while chewing.

He coughed a few times then opened the water bottle and took a few clunks of water. You raised an amused eyebrow at the boy who cleared his throat. The small smile on your lips had the same effect on him like it had the last time. You asked Xiumin last night to make you that baguette so that you could eat it during lunch but it seemed like Baekhyun needed it more than you.

After he’s finished his sandwich he sat there and looked at you while holding his apple and waterbottle. A suspicious grin spread on his lips.

“What?” You asked and his grin widened.

“You were worried about me.” He said in a teasing tone and you frowned in embarrassment. “Otherwise you wouldn’t have let me sleep here.” He continued and you swear. If he were sitting right next to you he’d probably poke you over and over on your arm.

“I’m starting to regret it.” You frowned and he pouted.

“I’m joking…” He mumbled, trying to defend himself. But deep inside he wasn’t joking at all. He was surprised by how you dragged him here and let him sleep on the bed. He didn’t know that you could actually care this much. But he needed to know one thing.

“How much of the day have I missed?” He asked, needing to know. He couldn’t afford missing much from school since he’s already missing out on a lot. He didn’t want to miss more!

“More than half. Lunch just passed. It’s free period now.” You answered and his mouth fell open in shock. He’s missed that much already?!

“I-I… I’ve missed more than half the day?!” He exclaimed and almost dropped his apple. You nodded.

“I told you not to worry. You won’t get in trouble. I’ll handle it.” You calmly said and he stared confused at you. He wanted to ask how but he knew that you wouldn’t answer him. Instead he changed subject.

“This bed is actually really comfortable.” He stated and wriggled in his seat. “I understand why you use it to take naps.”

You just stared at him through your lenses making him feel slightly uncomfortable in the silence that filled the room.

“So…” He said in a nervous tone. He didn’t know what to say anymore since he didn’t know what to talk about. “What do we do now since we’ve missed more than half the school day?”

You shrugged. “It doesn’t matter for me. I can go back home if I want too.” Which you probably would after you found a certain someone. “You could probably go home as well. Or go attend the rest of your classes if you’d like.”

“I could go home?” He asked, confused. “I wouldn’t get absence?” You shook your head much to the boys’ surprise.

“I said that I’d handle it. This one time.” You stated making sure to emphasize the last three words.

“But what about the classes I- we’ve missed?”

“I’ll handle those as well.” You’d just need to go to the teachers’ office and sweet talk to the different teachers that you’ve had today and ask them about what you’ve missed. Always worked since you’re basically their favorite student. And they love your grades. You were almost like a teachers pet you’d say.

Baekhyun blinked, stunned. “You can handle all that?” He asked. You nodded quite proudly to be honest.

“I’m awesome.” You stated and he grinned then chuckled.

“What do you say we head over to the café?” He asked and pulled the covers of him before he swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He then put his shoes back on. “My treat?”

You thought about his offer for a while before you nodded. “Why not?” He grinned and you got up to fix the sheets on the bed. He helped by pulling on one side while you stood and pulled on the other. When the bed was made as if no one has ever been on it, Baekhyun then retrieved his blazer and tie from the chair.

He grabbed his books from the desk and pushed the chair in. You were already standing by the door waiting for him. He flashed a smile at you before he slid the door open, sticking his head out checking side to side so that no one was there.

You got your bag out of your locker before locking it. “I’ll meet you by the bus stop.” You said and hauled your bag over your shoulders. “Try not to get caught though. Incase.” You reminded him.

Baekhyun saluted before turning and running down the hall towards his locker. You yourself hurried down the hall and down the stairs. You had a feeling that the person you were looking for was on the first floor, probably done hanging out with a girl.

You turned towards the last flight of stairs and halted. Like you guessed the person you were just looking for was about to walk up the stairs but stopped in his steps as well.

 

 

Kai looked up and his eyes widened when he saw you standing on the top of the stairs looking down at him. He flashed a smile as you walked down the stairs and stopped beside him.

“Hey there.” He said and you gave him a short nod with your head.

“H-Hi…” You faked a stutter and gulped.

“Uhm…” He started and you knew that soon, it would begin. “Have you…” He looked down starting to act all shy again. “Have you thought about my question?” He asked and looked at you through his eyelashes. Kai really hoped that you’d say yes so that he can start with this whole bet. Chanyeol has been nagging him for the past few days but he just didn’t seem to understand where you disappeared to every break.

You started wriggling your body acting all shy as well. You even faked a blush that spread on your cheeks by thinking of an embarrassing memory you had. “Well… Yeah…” You said and he straightened his back in hope that you’d accept.

“W-Well?” He asked, wanting your answer right now.

“Y-Yes.” You said in a quiet voice, almost like a whisper. Kais ears perked up and his eyes widened as he leaned closer to you.

“What?” He had to make sure that he heard right.

“Yes.” You repeated, this time more hearable for him. He broked out in a grin and he felt a huge weight lift of his shoulders. You had just said yes to him and he couldn’t stop smiling, the thought of him getting this bet over and done with faster had just begun.

He took you by surprise by swinging his arm over your shoulder making you gasp. You didn’t expect him to start doing skinship with you already! He squeezed your shoulder lightly then turned and ran up the stairs all giddy.

“I’ll see you tomorrow!” He said and your wide eyes followed him as he disappeared.

O… key? You decided to ignore his reaction right now and head for the bus stop.

 

 

 

Baekhyun spotted you already standing by the bus stop and hurried towards you. He flashed a smile while you gave him a short nod with your head. The bus just came in time and the two of you got on, him letting you on first and then followed. You took a seat all the way back, closest to the window and he took the one beside you.

“When will our next study session be?” Baekhyun asked and you looked at him.

“When do you want it to be?”

He shrugged. “How about we work at the café?” He suggested. You thought about that for a while. Having a study session at the café, where your brother would be able to watch you during the whole time. Yongguk would probably be behind the counter sending you teasing glances.

You shook your head. “To troublesome.” Baekhyun twisted his mouth as he thought for another place to study in.

“This weekend?” He asked and you nodded, thinking that it’d be better then. He smiled before he faced forward and kept quiet for the rest of the ride.

 

 

 

Kevin came with your food with a smile. He placed both your plates in front of you and wished the both of you to have a good meal.

Baekhyun had ordered a dessert while you ordered chicken salad. As the two of you began eating you saw that Yongguk kept giving you glances from the counte and you tried youer best to ignore him. Himchan did the same thing as well, but his glances were different than Yongguks, you tried your best ignoring him too.

“Why didn’t you get much sleep last night, Baekhyun?” You asked all of a sudden taking the boy by surprise.

He blinked a couple of times as he tried to find an excuse. “Uh, too much thinking…” He mumbled and began eating his dessert again. He kept his eyes down, not daring to look at you as his face started heating up.

You kept quiet after he answered and continued eating as well. You knew that it was something else but if he didn’t want to tell you, fine with you. Though you couldn’t help but wonder.

Both of you ate a quiet meal till you finished your food. “I seriously can’t get enough with these pastries.” He happily said and leaned back in his seat, patting his stomach with both of his hands. “Did you enjoy your meal?”

“Yes, thank you very much.” You gave him a short nod with your head and he smiled.

“That’s good.”

After a while Kevin came back and asked if we were done so he could get our plates. We nodded and he gladly took our plates. He flashed you a wide grin before he turned and left. Baekhyun blinked as he followed the boy with his eyes till he disappeared to the kitchen.

“Do you know him?” He asked and leaned across the table.

You shook your head. “No, I don’t.” You lied. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

“He was all smily and everything towards you.” He stated. He then widened his eyes. “What if he was flirting with you!”

His comment made you almost choke on your own saliva. What the hell? How did he end up in that conclusion?

“I highly doubt it.” You cleared your throat. “He was just being polite.”

Baekhyun grinned sly grin. “Polite as in… Keep flashing you smiles?”

“Maybe he likes to smile.”

Baekhyun shrugged before he leaned back again. “I think he was flirting with you though.”

You shook your head at his comments. Baekhyun leaned his elbows on the armrests. “Why did you doubt that he might be flirting with you?” He asked, actually curious.

Oh, god. “Baekhyun, seriously?” You said in an isn’t-it-obvious tone?

He squinted his eyes at you. “Now I’m really curious to know how you look under those glasses.”

“Why is that?”

“Because I want to know how you really look like.” He tilted his head as he eyes your face. You felt slightly uncomfortable to be honest. “And how you’d look like without your hair like that.” He added.

“Has anyone seen you without your glasses?” He asked, still so curious.

Well, you and the rest of the boys have. “Yes.” You answered and he raised his eyebrows.

“Really? Who?”

“A couple of boys.” You answered.

He frowned. “I’m jelous of those boys then.” You widened your eyes behind your lenses.

“Why?”

“Because I want to see how you look like under those glasses.” He pouted then quickly changed subject to something else. “I think I had a weird dream before.”

“Oh?” You were happy that he decided to change subject but had a bad feeling about what he was going to say next.

“I thought I saw someone else than you.” He said and looked at you with a serious gaze. Your breath hitched as you remembered that he almost saw you without your glasses in the nurse’s room. You thought that he was still sleeping so you removed your glasses for a while but got a shock when you heard him cough.

“Who?” You asked, trying not to show your nervousness. He thought for a while before he answered.

“I thought I saw this other girl.” He paused. “The boys and I have met her a couple of times. I thought I saw her sitting on the chair instead of you before.”

You didn’t say anything since you didn’t know what to say. He’s seen me without my glasses. Holy . “What’s her name?” You dared to ask.

“Hyorin.” He scratched the nape of his neck. “I don’t know why I saw her instead of you. But when I clearly woke up, you were there instead.”

“O-Oh.”

“I thought that it was weird. I mean…” He chuckled. “… I think she’s a party girl. You can’t possibly be a party girl right?”

You quickly shook your head. “No, of course not. Partying and going out is not really my style.” Baekhyun nodded and agreed.

“I can’t imagine you partying, to be honest.” He said and kept his eye on you.

“Not me either.”