Two Moons

Playing the player

The walk to the café was awkward since both of us didn’t say a word. Why would we? I don’t know him he doesn’t know me. He tried initiating a conversation but I simply gave him a short and simple answer. We arrived outside of the café the bell from the door gave light ring as we opened it. I saw his eyes widen slightly as he looked around. It was more spacious than a normal café though. The café was called Two Moons and had a cozy yet dark mysterious exterior.

 

He thanked me and I gave him a slight nod before going to my usual seat on one of the tables with the hand formed seats by the white vines. I sat down and placed my backpack on the floor between my legs and waited.

(A/N Pretend that it's light ok? Like white wall paper instead of dark ^^ for now.. keke~)

purple-cafe-interior-design-by-jan-schre

Elegant-and-Impresive-Purple-Cafe-Interi

 

 “May I take your order?” A familiar low husky voice asked. I looked up and met a pair of familiar eyes through my fake glasses. He gave me a gummy smile and I smiled back. “It’s unusual seeing you come here with that uh disguise of yours.” He said and eyed my face.

 

I shrugged. “I know I know. It’s just that this kid from our school suddenly asked me for directions to this café and-“

 

“I know. You didn’t want him to yeah..” He gave a light cough after he interrupted me. “I get it. So the usual?” He held the small note pad in his left and the pen in his right. I gave a light chuckle and nodded.

 

As he walked away I saw that the boy had taken a seat in one of the tables by the other corner by the wall across from me. I saw that he had his math book out and that he was reading through a page with furrowed eyebrows. He’s studying here? I asked myself and raised an eyebrow. Just then I saw one of the waiters bring him his drink startling the boy a bit. Shaking my head I averted my attention to my hands that were on my lap.

 

~

 

Baekhyun didn’t know what to say throughout the walk here. He tried initiating a conversation with her by asking her if she goes to this café regularly and she gave him a firm yes making the boy nod and shut his mouth from talking any further.

 

When they entered the café his mouth slightly fell open. Its was big. It looked small from the outside but when he walked in. It was bright but the purple and black furniture brightened up the place. He gulped and thanked the girl who just gave him a small nod and walked away. Baekhyun was still admiring the interior design in the café as he made his way towards an empty table that had three seats close to a wall. There were a few people in the café who was enjoying their time here.

purple-cafe-interior-ideas-by-jan-schrei

 

“Here’s the menu sir.” A voice interrupted his thoughts and he looked up and met eyes with a very handsome man with sharp features and blonde hair. Probably a few years older than him. Baekhyun gave a small smile and accepted the menu. “I’ll be back soon to take your order.” He said and smiled a bright smile before he walked off.

 

Baekhyun followed the waiters back as he walked off before he disappeared out of his sight. He flipped open the menu and began looking at the pastries. He spotted the one his mom brought home the other day and smiled for himself. The price was decent for his wallet and he just chose a glass of coke to go with it.

 

He put the menu away and took out his math book from his bag. Just then the same waiter appeared and took the menu from the table placing it under his arm as he held a small notepad in his left hand and a pen in his right.

 

“May I take your order sir?” He asked and smiled. D-Damn.. He looks like a model. Baekhyun stammered the pastries name and his glass of coke. The man nodded and walked off again and Baekhyun exhaled deeply as if he had held his breath. He shook his head and opened the math book in front of him.

 

After a minute the waiter came back again and startled the boy. He placed the the coke in front of him and smiled saying that he will be back with his pastry in a moment. Baekhyun nodded and took a sip from the glass. The coldness from the drink gave him shivers down his spine. As the waiter said he came back as soon as Baekhyun was going to place his glass down. He placed the small plate in front of him and Baekhyun smiled thanking him.

 

The waiter walked off again and Baekhyun could smell the sweet smell from the pastry in front of him. He closed his math book and put it aside and took another sip from his coke before digging into his pastry.

 

Oh my god.. The creaminess just melted in his mouth and he took another bite before floating of to his dreamland filled with sugar and sweets.

 

~

 

Heesung made a face as she saw Baekhyun smiling sweetly at the pastry. She almost saw stars twinkling dramatically around him like it does in anime. Shaking her head she turned to the big cup of warm tea in front of her and took a sip before she looked up and met eyes with the same waiter from before.

 

He gave her a big gummy smile before taking a seat beside her. He flicked his blonde bangs from his face before he started speaking.

 

“So you coming tonight?” He asked In his low husky voice.

 

Placing the big cup on the table Heesung crossed her arms across her chest and shrugged leaning back in her seat. “Dunno.”

 

The male sighed and propped his elbow on the table and looked at her. “C’mon they’re coming back from china tonight.” He said and playfully nudged her thigh under the table with his knee.

 

“I know I know. But can’t we talk about his later?” She suggested and he gave her a confused look. “You know..” She slightly bobbed her head towards the brunette who still sat their chewing with the dramatic twinkling around him as he took another bite.

 

The male slowly nodded. “Oh yeah.” He faced her again. “I forgot sorry.” He flashed another one of his gummy smiles and stood up. “I’ll call you tonight ok?” Heesung nodded and took the warm cup between her hands again and took a sip.

 

~

 

Baekhyun pouted as he noticed that he had finished his pastry and sighed leaning back in his seat.  Should I get one more? The price wasn’t that bad.. But then again.. I don’t really have a lot of money with me..

 

“Can I take these sir?” Baekhyun snapped out from his thoughts and looked up and saw that the same waiter from before was holding his hand out for his empty plate and glass.

 

“A-Ah sure. Thank you. It was really delicious.” Baekhyun smiled and haded the empty plate and glass to the waiter.

 

“Glad you thought so. Should I come with the bill now?”

 

Baekhyun nodded and took out his wallet from his bag and packed down his math book. He stood up and slung his bag around his shoulders and took out a few bills. The waiter came back with the receipt. Baekhyun looked at the receipt and handed the blonde waiter the bills from his hand.

 

In the corner of Baekhyuns eye he saw Heesung getting up from her seat and started to head out of the café. The waiter escorted Baekhyun to the entrance and opened the door for him. The boy smiled and thanked the blonde waiter who bowed.

 

“Thank you for visiting Two Moons. Come again.”

 

And with the he closed the door. The brunette smiled for himself but his smile quickly fell when he saw his almost empty wallet that only contained a few coins. Two Moons wasn’t that expensive but it wasn’t close to cheap either. Sighing he stuffed his wallet into the pocket of his blue blazer. Now.. To get back to the bus stop. Baekhyuns eyes widened in realization. He didn’t know the way back to the bus stop. Gah! Oh god. Baekhyuns thoughts suddenly wandered of to Heesung. But she had already left before him.

 

Without another thought Baekhyun began running towards his left. That was the only way he remembered them coming from. Baekhyun panted as he looked left and right. He was now standing in front of a cross walk. He stood on his toes and his eyes widened. There she was on the other sides of the road. The traffic light quickly turned green and he didn’t forget to look left and right before running across the street gripping tightly on the straps of his backpack.

 

“E-Excuse… Ah.. Wait!”

 

~

 

YOUR POV

 

Walking back to the bus stop you thought about tonight. I should go shouldn’t i? You were pondering if you should go as Yongguk suggested or think about some lame excuse. But they’re coming back tonight.. Sighing you continued walking but heard a footsteps behind you. The steps sounded as if the person was in a hurry but the slowly slowed down.

 

Ignoring it you continued walking but only to be stopped by a familiar voice.

 

“E-Excuse… Ah..” Rolling your eyes behind your fake glasses you intentionally quickened your pace not wanting anything to do with him anymore. “Wait!”

 

You suddenly felt a hand grasp your left wrist and knowing it was him you slowly turned around. He was bent forward his free hand leaning on his knee as he tried catching his breath.

 

Looking down you raised an eyebrow and looked at the hand around your wrist and frowned. Your frown was quickly replaced with your normal blank expression as he looked up. He slowly let go of your wrist and muttered an apology.

 

“M-Mianhae.. I just.. uh..” He scratched the back of his neck and shyly looked away. “It’s just that.. I didn’t know the way back to the bus stop.”

 

You raised an amused eyebrow and waited for him to continue.

 

“So I was wondering if you could show me the way back?” He awkwardly smiled and scratched his head.

 

“Sure.”

 

Then you turned your heels and began walking again. He quickly hurried and started walking beside you again. Silence took over once more as you two walked.

 

A few minutes later you arrived at the bus stop the same time the bus rolled in. Quickening your pace you hurried so that you could sit in the back again.

 

The boy hurried in after you and bleeped his card. There wasn’t much people in the bus so you could easily grab a seat in the back as usual. When you sat down you heard him make an awkward cough. Sighing inside you turned your head and saw him in the same state like before.

 

“Is it ok if I sit next to you?” He asked and also just like before you gestured him to take the seat.

 

As he sat down he once again interrupted you by tapping your shoulder after you turned to the window. How annoying can this kid get?! With your permanent poker face you turned to him and saw as he nervously held his hand out.

 

“Byun Baekhyun imnida.” He said and gave a small smile. You looked at his outstretched hand then at his face. You saw how he gulped because you weren’t making any sign that you were going to shake his hand.

 

“I know.” You simply told him and looked him in the eye through your fake glasses.

 

He nodded and mumbled a small ‘oh’. “W-What’s your name?” He asked and gave you a quick glance.

 

“Heesung. Choi Heesung.”

 

He nodded once more and started fiddling with the zippers on his bag. You rolled your eyes and turned to the window again ignoring the boy beside you.