That Little Accident...

Coincidence...Fate...Destiny...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day.

Seohyun went by her day as usual. She has loads of works to do since their place becomes familiar and begins to be well known to the vacationers, travelers  as well as to the foreigners.  She has to go from one place to another to buy some stuff for their villas and restaurants, and she has also some meetings to the people who want to use their property and facilities. Good thing there’s Kyuhyun on her side, he always help her whenever she needs him. He always spares his time to her. He became his personal assistant, driver and body guard as well.  Which he really didn’t mind at all for he loves and enjoy what was he’s doing for her. The more he’s with her the more he realized how good and how nice person she is. He learned a lot of things from her. And he’s glad that she became so comfortable for him, that they can always talk anything under the sun. Which lead them to a much closer to a more than friendly and now to a romantic relationship.

But sometimes, she felt guilty since she became the Manager of the resort, because she has no time for her children anymore, usually when she’s done and home her twin were already sleeping. They always left them to Ahjumma instead of her taking care of them. How she missed her children.

She got up from her office to look for her children, and on her way to their house,  then she could see Jaehwa playing with Hyunjae on the swings; their excited giggles reached her ears as they trying to push their swings higher. She smiled at the scene. Her twin loves each other so much. But something caught her eye at the villa at the exact opposite side of their house and she saw a tall man leaning against the door of his villa, and he seemed was watching the twin with such a soft expression that she found it hard to describe it. She can see from afar that he was smiling wistfully at the sound of the twin’s joyful laughter like he had never seen a children laugh before. She was trying to see the man’s face but she only see his side for there is plants blocking her sight. But that man’s look familiar to her.

Looking at her twins playing happily, she decided to go back to their house and prepare something for them, she will prepare a delicious snacks and drinks for them, while she still some spare time waiting for her meeting and clients to come.

But a loud cry interrupted her thoughts and she felt her stop for a second. Her eyes immediately searched for her twins and she felt her legs weaken and almost give out when she saw Jaehwa calling for help, looking over his little sister on the ground.

She didn't think, she didn't even feel her legs moving, but next thing she knew she was kneeling down next to her crying daughter, trying to soothe her and checking her over at the same time. When she looked at her little arm hanging on a weird angle, she knew it was broken. Hyunjae cried hardly, her broken arm already swelling.

"What happened? Where is she hurt?" A voice asked behind her, frantically.

Both they looked at each other and they were both so surprised to find who’s there next to them checking over Hyunjae, Seohyun saw concern written on his furrowed brows.

At that moment she was shocked to see Yonghwa on her side, she doesn’t know what to do, she’s not ready to meet him yet, and she doesn’t want to talk to him either. But above all her concerned, she knows had to fight the huge knot in at the elation that he was already taking over his parental role. For her, her daughter’s welfare comes first no matter what.

Same thing with Yonghwa.

"I think he broke her arm, look." Yonghwa tried to say, but all it came out was a shaky whisper.

 "What happened, baby?" she asked Hyunjae, kissing her sweaty forehead in effort to soothe her.

"I fell. My arm hurts, Omma. It hurts a lot." She said between sobs.

"Let's take her inside first." She heard Yonghwa’s voice behind her.  She saw they were already attracting too much attention as a small, curious crowd formed around them, trying to see what was going on. So they went inside and Seohyun told Jaehwa told to stay close at Ahjumma for they have to take his sister to the nearest hospital first.

"I'll get her." Yonghwa effortlessly picked her up, careful not to move his damaged arm.

 "Hey there, princess. I know it hurts now, but I am here and I am going to make you all better, alright? Hang in there." Yonghwa told Hyunjae in his sweetest tone.

"It hurts, Mr. Jung." Hyunjae cried.

"I know, baby, I know." He comforted her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Seohyun watched the scene slightly in awe, rooted in place. She was really touched to see her little princess with her Appa. She almost cried at that moment.  Silently, she followed Yonghwa and Hyunjae into the nearest hospital.

When Yonghwa put her on the bed and doctor started examining her arm, Hyunjae called out for her. Putting on a brave face, she took her small hand in hers and tried to keep her own tears at bay. She hated seeing her child in pain. It felt like someone was squeezing her heart when she saw her bottom lip tremble as Yonghwa touched her arm.

"Hyun, is she allergic to anything?" Yonghwa asked quietly and she shook her head. She didn't trust herself to speak right now.

The doctor heard their conversation and begun to tell them. "Okay, I'm going to give her something for the pain so it might knock her out for a little while. Why don't you wait outside? I'll call you in as soon as we're done here." the doctor told them.

Seohyun shook her head again.

"No, I want to stay with her. She needs me." She argued and brushed a stubborn tear away with the back of her hand.

"I just need to set her fracture and put her in a cast. She won't feel a thing, don't worry." Doctor explained and looked at Yonghwa for help.

"Come on, Hyun. Let the doctor do her thing. I'll wait with you outside." She looked up at him and saw in his eyes that this was hurting him as much as it was hurting her. He offered a hand to her to help her stand up.

She nodded and took his hand.

"The doctor will take care of you, baby. I'll be right outside if you need me, okay?" she leaned down kissed her nose. She was already closing her eyes; the pain medication taking effect. "I love you so much, Hyunjae." Seohyun said to her daughter before she left her.

She let Yonghwa lead her outside and it was only when they sat down at the bench at the front porch that she noticed he was still holding onto her hand tightly. It seemed like he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter