Spending Christmas with a Special someone

Goddess's Oneshot CHRISTMAS GIFT

Username:Ziixonn
Male Idol : EXO Sehun
Female Character : Sophia
Plot : It was Christmas . Sehun like everyone else , is planning to spend it with his girlfriend , Sophia . As an orphan , Christmas was never celebrated . Luhan like all the rest of the EXO members are celebrating with their loved one , no one was there to teach him about Christmas . Christmas ? Is a word to him . How was he going to spend it ?
Genre : Romance , Fluff
Title : Spending Christmas with a Special someone .



-----



Sehun bit his lip, lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling. His heart felt empty and there was a gnawing feeling at his heart.

He sighed softly, the old feelings of desperation and inferiority stemming in his heart once again. He hadn't felt that way for a long time and every time he did, it was horrible to bear.

Luhan came into Sehun's room which the latter shared with the leader Suho and knocked on the door. "Hun?"

Sehun saw his hyung and he sat up. "Ah, yes Hyung?"

Luhan smiled softly as he went into the room, sitting down on Suho's bed. "What's wrong, Sehun? Everyone is satin the log cake outside. I thought you loved chocolate stuff."

"I do." Sehun murmured. "But-"

"You're worried about the Christmas date with Sophia tomorrow." Luhan muttered. "What are you worried about, Sehun?"

Sehun looked at his hyung and took a deep breath. Tears gathered at the corner of his eyes. "Hyung, I never celebrated Christmas all my life. This is the first time I'm doing it." He whispered. "You know that."

Luhan softened. "Sehun, it doesn't mean that you can enjoy yourself on this day."

"I know." Sehun choked. "But before, I've always struggled to survive. Where to find food for the next day. How to delay the rent. It wasn't until I was discovered by the casting manager and got into SM that my days got better."

He swallowed. "Without parents, without a family, Christmas has always been just a word, another day." He murmured. "For someone like that, how can I bring Sophia happiness for Christmas?"

Luhan sighed and walked over, putting a hand on Sehun's shoulder. "Sehun, if you love her and she loves you, she's got to understand this isn't what you're used to. And she will understand if you tell her. You don't need to put all this stress on yourself."

"Alright." Sehun nodded. "I'll bear that in mind, hyung."

-----

"Sehun!" Sophia beamed. "You're here! I'm ready to go!" She squealed.

Sehun smiled and took her hand. "You seem so enthusiastic." He brushed her hair tenderly.

"Of course I am." Sophia grinned. "It's Christmas! Who wouldn't be happy on Christmas?"

*Me.* Sehun thought to himself. He gave Sophia a small smile and led her along. He brought her to a riverside restaurant that charged super high prices because of the nice view.

"Wow Sehun, this place is really nice." Sophia mumured, smiling. Sehun beamed at her and gestured for the waiter.

He had searched around for the best place and this came out first. He hoped she would like it.

He wasn't wearing any disguise except for his spectacles and anyone could tell he was Oh Sehun of Exo. What he betted on was that the expensive restaurant wouldn't see younger or teenage customers which were usually Exo fangirls.

Sure enough, the other customers were older couples and they didn't recognize Sehun. He let out a small sigh of relief.

Both of them enjoyed the steaks and chatted merrily. Sehun was beginning to enjoy himself, his first Christmas.

They finished dinner and strolled along the river side. Sehun smiled as Sophia looked around with her eyes twinkling with enthusiasm.

She seemed so happy and contented that Sehun couldn't help but press a kiss on the top of her head.

Sophia looked up at him and smiled. "Oppa?"

"Hmm." He back hugged her and waddled them to stand at the railings, looking out at the river view.

He buried her face in her hair and took a deep breath. "This is a nice Christmas." He murmured, tightening his grip on her waist.

Sophia laughed and leaned back against his chest. "Hm it is. It's all thanks to you. I cannot imagine how much that meal just costed." She muttered.

Sehun smiled. "You don't need to know. What matters is that we had a nice meal."

Sophia grinned. She turned around in his arms and looped her arms around his neck. "What did you do with your family for Christmas before you met me, Sehun oppa?"

Sehun immediately stiffened, his grip relaxing from her waist. He looked away, his jaw clenched tightly. How was he supposed to answer that?

Just then, someone tugged on his sleeves and he turned around. A young teenager with muddy cheeks and ragged clothes held out his hands. "Please spare me some cash."

Sehun felt something stir in him and he swallowed. Tears stung his eyes.

He quickly got out his wallet and pulled out all his notes, handing it to the boy. "Listen to me, boy." He murmured. "Buy yourself some nice food and rest well tonight. Tomorrow, go to the welfare association down this street, turn right at the traffic light and tell them to help you. Promise me you'll do that okay?"

"But..." The boy hesitated. "I don't want to be sent to a boys' home."

Sehun crouched down. "Listen, a boys' home isn't that bad. You get food, a bed, and education. When you tolerate it till you're eighteen, you can go out to get a job with your knowledge. Isn't that better than the life now?"

The boy bit his lip and thought for a while. "Promise me you'll go tomorrow?" Sehun held out his pinky.

The boy nodded and hooked his pinky with Sehun's. "Promise."

Sehun smiled and ruffled the boy's hair, watching as the boy went off. He sighed softly and turned around to find Sophia staring at him.

Sehun shifted uncomfortably. "Why are you looking at me like this?"

Sophia smiled. "You were really nice to the boy, oppa. I'm just...touched."

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. "I think...I think it's time for me to tell you something about me, Sophia." He took a deep breath and began his story of his early childhood days until his parents died and became an orphan. His days of suffering and trying to survive.

Sophia's eyes teared up and her bottom lip trembled. "Oppa..."

"That's why I was nice to him, because I know what he's going through." Sehun muttered. "I don't know if I love you enough, Sophia, for someone who hasn't been loved. I want to give you the best Christmas but I haven't celebrated it ever before."

"Oppa.." Sophia stopped him from talking. "You should have told me all this. And what stupid things are you talking about?"

She hugged him, burying her face in her chest. "You don't need to be unsure of yourself. This is the best Christmas. As long as I'm with you, I'm happy."

"Really?" Sehun croaked.

"Really." Sophia smiled up at him. "Merry Christmas, oppa."