Chapter 46

Opposites

 

Its already 3 days since the party yet Sehun couldn’t see Reina anywhere in school. Sehun had his hands in his pockets while walking beside Exo-K. Exo-K were chatting and playing around with one another while Sehun was in his own world. *Where is she?* There isn’t a second where he wasn’t thinking about her.

Suho slung his hand over Sehun’s shoulder ‘Whats wrong with you? You’ve been a little quiet recently’

‘Speaking of which, where’s that friend of yours? Its weird how we never see her anywhere nowadays’ Chanyeol spoke as he looked around for Reina.

‘It doesn’t concern you does it?’ the words came out of Sehun’s mouth cold and hard without him knowing.

Exo-K blinked, shocked by his tone. Chanyeol raised his hands ‘Chill, you don’t have to get so defensive’

‘I didn’t’ Sehun spoke but they didn’t look like they believe him. ‘Whatever, go to the cafeteria first. I’m going to the washroom, I’ll meet you all later.’ Sehun headed off towards the washroom without waiting for their reply.

Sehun came out of the washroom and walked along the hallway towards the cafeteria. He stopped his step when he saw Reina in front of him. Both of them stopped their steps as they met eyes with each other. *Reina* His heart began to race again just looking at her face.

‘Reina..’ Sehun called out and took a step towards her but Reina looked away from Sehun and continued walking instead. Sehun watched as Reina passed by him. It was as if he wasn’t there at all or rather, she didn’t knew him at all.

Sehun spun around ‘stop’ he said but Reina just continued walking.

Sehun took a long stride and grabbed Reina’s wrist to stop her. ‘Let go’ Reina struggled to break free from his hold but Sehun wouldn’t budge. Sehun pulled Reina along as he walked them towards the empty auditorium.

‘What are you doing?! Let go!’ Reina struggled behind Sehun.

Sehun just continued walking without looking nor replying her. He pushed opened the door of the auditiorium and pulled Reina in before locking it up. ‘What are you doing? Let me go’ Reina walked towards the door but Sehun blocked her way. He hadnt realised how much he missed her everything until now when she stood there in front of him. Her face, her smile, her voice, there was nothing about the girl in front of him that he didn’t miss.

‘Is that the only thing you can say to me?’ Sehun asked as he looked at her. He felt a knife stabbed into his heart when she wouldn’t even look at him.

‘Why? Does my face disgust you that much that you couldn’t even look at it now?’ Sehun spoke out of anger.

Reina headed towards the door again without replying him. Sehun closed his eyes before he opened them up and pulled Reina into his arms. ‘What are you doing?! Let me go!’ she struggled.

‘Just shut up and stay still.’ Sehun spoke but Reina continued to struggle against him.

‘Let me g-’ Sehun leaned in and crashed his lip onto hers. Reina stood frozen in her place while her eyes widened at the sudden kiss.

Sehun pulled out of the kiss and looked straight into her eyes. ‘Just listen to me will you? I have no problem in doing that again if you try to struggle’ Sehun said, referring to the kiss.

Reina didn’t reply, she looked away instead. Her face was flushed, her heart was threatening to jump out of her chest at any point of time now. She hated how Sehun could easily affect her. Reina cleared and spoke while still looking away ‘Let me go, I’ll listen’

Sehun hesitated for awhile before he released her. Reina took a step back immediately, Sehun’s heart dropped at her small action. *She didn’t feel the same way like I do..* Sehun wanted to give up now but his heart didn’t allow him to.

Looking at the person in front of him, he couldn’t simply just give up like that. *At least I have to clear the misunderstanding* That was the only thing he hoped for now. There were so many things Sehun wanted to tell her but he didn’t know how he should start. The way his heart was beating for her wasn’t helping either.

‘I know I should have told you the truth when I knew what you were thinking but I couldn’t say it out.. If saying out means I couldn’t stay by your side, I would rather you misunderstood me as a gay forever. If I would have to choose, I would have still done the same thing again’

Sehun watched as Reina took a step back and turned towards the door without a single word. Frustrated, Sehun shouted ‘Don’t you understand? I wanted to stay by your side!’

Reina stopped then turned around ‘You say you wanted to stay by my side that’s why you hide it from me but do you know what I was thinking all along?’ Sehun paused in his place.

‘All these times I found myself being ridiculous and going crazy because I had random thoughts hoping you weren’t gay. The feelings for you were so overwhelmed that the thoughts were becoming stronger each day. I felt ridiculous because I was in love with my gay best friend. Then I thought it was okay even if you’re gay. I’ll just keep the feelings to myself as long as you stay by my side.’

*She was in love with me?*Sehun took a step forward but Reina stopped him immediately. ‘No, stop where you are’

Reina held out a hand then continued to talk ‘Im confuse. I don’t know which one is the truth, which one is a lie anymore. What if its all just a li-’

Sehun pulled Reina into his arms and placed his forehead against hers, forcing her to look straight into his eyes. ‘I like you. Im serious. I wouldnt hurt you I promise. Just stay by my side huh?’