Chapter 14

Opposites

 

Sehun was on his way to the library when he heard someone calling from behind him. Sehun turned around to see Shinkyung in front of him. He hadnt been seeing Reina for the past few days and in contrast, Shinkyung was constantly appearing in front of him.

‘Hey, we meet again. We seem to always bumping into each other huh? Where are you going?’ Shinkyung battled her eyelashes as she talk.

*Where did that girl go? She kept appearing out of nowhere last time and now she’s nowhere to be seen? Is this her way of having friends? Whats wrong with her?* Sehun was wondering off to Reina when Shinkyung called again. ‘Sehun?’ Shinkyung waved a hand in front of him, slightly disappointed that the male isn’t paying attention to her.

‘What did you say?’ Sehun asked.

Shinkyung politely repeated again even though she was slightly pissed. ‘I was asking where you were about to go?’

‘Library’ Sehun replied shortly. He wanted to end the conversation.

‘Really? Im going to the library too. Lets go together’ Shinkyung said.

Sehun wanted to find an excuse when Baekhyun called. ‘Sehun!’

*Saved* Sehun thought and waved happily back to Baekhyun. ‘Hyung!’ Sehun called out. Sehun bowed to Shinkyung ‘Im sorry. I gotta go. Maybe next time’ Sehun ran towards Baekhyun without waiting for Shinkyung to reply.

‘Who’s that? New friend? Or is it girlfriend?’ Baekhyun chuckled as he eyed Shinkyung from a distance.

Sehun grabbed Baekhyun and pulled him away. ‘Reina’s friend’ Sehun replied without looking back at Shinkyung.

‘Reina’s friend?’ Baekhyun repeated, not knowing who Sehun was talking about. He remembered the only girl who they had ate dukkbokki with and realised who Sehun was talking about. ‘Ah..’

Baekhyun stopped and looked at Sehun ‘She’s Reina? That friend of yours?’ Baekhyun was refering to the name of Reina. 

‘Yeah’ Sehun had his hands in his pocket and nodded.

‘Ooh? You’re admitting she’s your friend?’ Baekhyun gave Sehun a teasing look.

Sehun rolled his eyes ‘You guys are the one that asked me to accept her remember? Don’t push it on me’

‘You could have just ignore us’ Baekhyun shrugged innocently.

‘Right’ Sehun rolled his eyes again while Baekhyun chuckled.

Sehun walked out of the gate with Baekhyun to see the rest of Exo-K outside the gate. ‘Didn’t you say you’re going to the library?’ Kai raised his brow as he saw Sehun walking beside Baekhyun.

Sehun shrugged ‘I changed my mind. Arent you glad to see me?’ He punched Kai in his stomach.

‘You jerk’ Kai jokingly called back and punched Sehun back in his arm.

‘All here, lets go’ Suho called out.

‘Where are we going?’ Sehun asked, not knowing their plan.

‘Myungdong!’Chanyeol said excitedly. ‘Go! Go! Go!’  Chanyeol pushed Sehun towards the bus stop from behind.

~~~~~~~~~

‘Bye!’ Sehun waved as he separated ways with Exo-K after they played the whole day in Myungdong. He had took the bus back home when he passed by the familiar neighbourhood. Sehun pressed the bell and the bus stopped at the next bus stop. Sehun got down the bus and walked towards the direction his foot brought him to.

When Sehun came to his sense, he was standing outside Reina’s house. *What am I doing here?* Sehun was about to turn and walked away when he remembered Reina’s backview that looked so lifeless and sad.

*Aiish I don’t care anymore* Sehun pressed the doorbell located at the side of the gate.

Reina came out of her house, surprised that someone had rang the bell. She didn’t remember ordering any takeaways.

‘Sehun?’ Reina’s eyes widened when she came closer to the gate. ‘What are you doing here?’ Reina asked as she looked at Sehun standing outside her gate. She had never thought he would come by her house knowing how much he didn’t really like her.

‘Arent you going to open the gate for me?’ Sehun asked boredly and slightly smirked as he looked at the surprised girl in front of him.

‘Ah.. neh’ Reina nodded and quickly opened the gate for him. She let Sehun into the house and closed the door behind her. ‘But what are you doing here at this time?’

The nice aroma led Sehun into the kitchen. Sehun opened the lid of pot that was boiling with a dry cloth. ‘Kimchi stew..’ Sehun nodded to himself. ‘You do have extra right?’ Sehun turned around and asked.

Reina looked at him. *Is that really him? He’s acting weird today* Reina looked at the person in front of her.

‘No?’ Sehun stood there with the lid in hand.

Reina quickly waved her hand ‘Aniya, I have extra’ Reina walked over and attempt to take the lid from Sehun. ‘Have a seat, I’ll bring it over to the dining table.’

Sehun brought the cover away from Reina. Reina frowned and looked at him. Sehun nodded to the rice cooker. ‘Bring the rice. I’ll bring this out’

Unsure, Reina just nodded and did as told. Sehun was already settled on the small dining table when she came out of the kitchen. ‘Here’ Reina placed Sehun’s bowl of rice in front of him.

‘I’ll eat well’ Sehun began eating without even looking at Reina the moment the rice was placed in front of him.

Reina warily peeked at Sehun from underneath her bangs. *Isnt he going to say anything? Why did he popped by?* Reina glanced at Sehun who was eating well.

When Reina came to her sense, Sehun was almost finishing her stew. ‘Yah, you cant just eat all. I haven’t even start yet’ Reina slapped Sehun’s hand away when he was about to eat her kimchi stew again.

‘Aissh, you don’t have to hit so hard’ Sehun retrieved his hand back and rubbed the sore spot.

Reina picked up her spoon and quickly dugged into her rice before Sehun finished the stew. ‘Are you that busy recently? You didn’t pop out of nowhere anymore’ Sehun spoke.

Reina looked up from her bowl, slightly surprised by the question. Reina then chuckled ‘Why? You’re starting to miss me when I didn’t pop out of nowhere?’

Sehun rolled his eyes ‘Its because of your friend, the Shinkyung girl. I always see her nowadays but you’re nowhere around her.’ Sehun stated. He watched Reina stiffened upon hearing the name. ‘Shinkyung..’ Sehun warily spoke again. He watched as Reina clenched her fist. ‘Is she really your friend? Both of you don’t really seemed closed.’