Chapter 24

Opposites

 

After 20 minutes, hot and nice omelets were placed on the dining table. Reina and Sehun sat down on the table and began eating their food. ‘I’ll eat well’ Sehun spoke.

‘You better do’ Reina threatened but her eyes were sparkling. Reina watched as Sehun took a bite on the rice. ‘How is it?’ Reina nervously bite her lip and asked.

Sehun looked from the food and ponder for awhile ‘Hurry up!’ What is there to think?’ Reina lightly slapped Sehun’s arm.

‘Arasso, its good. Geesh are you always this violent?’ Sehun asked back.

Reina meekily smile ‘Only at you? hehe’ Sehun scowled but a smile was on his face.

When they’re done, they sat on the couch comfortably beside each other. Reina turned around and narrowed her eyes at Sehun. Sehun felt her gaze and turned back ‘What?’

‘Where’s my dessert?’ Reina held out her hand as she looked at him.

Sehun slapped her hand and wittily replied ‘In your fridge obviously’

Reina shook her head ‘No, my dessert that you have to pay for. You lost remember?’

Sehun folded his arms and gave her a look ‘You’re the one that cheated remember?’

‘Still, shouldn’t you be treating me dessert?’ Reina stubbornly refused to drop her prize for ‘winning’.

‘How about a no?’ Sehun replied with a straight face.

Reina pouted then looked at him with her puppy eyes ‘Please Sehun? Chingu? Sehunnie?’

Sehun raised his brow at the last one ‘Sehunnie?’

Reina gave a small smile then suggested ‘ice cream?’

‘Did I even say yes?’ Sehun continued to look at Reina with his raised brow.

After that mini argument, both of them were on the street, on their way to Baskin Robbins. ‘Yay! Ice cream!’ Reina cheered in joy with her right hand while her left was hook onto Sehun’s arm. Sehun lightly chuckled then covered ‘Softer, people will think that Im out with some crazy woman’

Reina turned around and narrowed her eyes at him. She spoke but it came out muffled. Reina slapped Sehun’s hand away ‘Are you saying that Im embarrassing again’

‘Wow, you’re actually quite smart aren’t you’ Sehun continued to tease.

‘Yah!’ Reina yelled. Sehun laughed out loud this time. ‘Don’t laugh, now you’re embarrassing me’ this time it was Sehun who narrowed his eyes at her. Both of them looked at each other before they burst out laughing together.

They entered the store and Reina immediately ran towards the range of ice cream. ‘Uwa..’ Reina’s eyes twinkled at the range of ice cream in front of her. ‘Does that amaze you that much?’ Sehun sarcastically asked.

‘Yes it really amazed me a lot so take out your wallet and be prepare to have a big hole in it since Im going to order a lot of flavours’ Reina stuck out her tongue at Sehun. Sehun chuckled at her childishness.

Reina looked at the waiter and smiled up at him ‘Can you get me this, this and this?’ Reina pointed at the cookies and cream, vanilla and strawberry ice cream. ‘Oh get me the green tea ice cream in a separate tub and put the rest in a middle cup size’ Reina finished and smirked at Sehun *I told you*

When the waiter was done with her ice cream, Reina took her ice cream without hesitation and walked towards the table after motioning Sehun to pay.

Sehun paid for the ice cream and went to the table to find Reina happily gulping away the ice creams she had ordered. Sehun picked up a spoon and started scooping ice cream from Reina’s tub. ‘Go get your own one’ Reina use her hand as a shield to protect her ice cream from Sehun.

‘For your info, someone just decided to burn a hole in my wallet leaving me with no choice but to share with her’ Sehun replied as he stole ice cream from her. It was a lie. The ice cream didn’t cost him much, he just wanted to .

‘No! Go get your own ice cream’ Reina protested but Sehun ignored her words and fought for her ice cream.

After their ice cream, Sehun and Reina walked back onto the street. Since it was late at night, there was nothing but silence. ‘Thank you’ Reina spoke, breaking the silence of the night.

Sehun turned around and looked at her ‘You know how to say that too?’ he wanted to but dropped when he saw her sincere eyes. It meant more than just a simple thank you for the ice cream.

‘Really, thank you. If it weren’t for you I don’t know what I would have done back there’ her voice came out soft, almost a whisper and Sehun immediately knew what she was talking about – Jonghwan.

Sehun clenched his fist upon remembering the guy. Reina faked a laugh and elbowed Sehun ‘Yah, its just two tub of ice cream, you don’t have to be some petty about it do you?’ She tried to lighten up the atmosphere she had brought down. Sehun softened seeing how Reina tried to bring their atmosphere back. *If that’s what you want, that’ll be what I’ll do for you then* ‘Yeah, so you better be treating me the same amount the next time we’re here.’ Sehun give her a look.

‘Thank you for the ice cream chingu!’ Reina smiled and hugged Sehun’s hand, pretending that she didn’t hear what he had just said and walked ahead.

Sehun raised his brow at her back then yelled ‘Yah! Don’t pretend you didn’t hear me!’ Reina just chuckled at the respond without turning her head back to look at him.