Chapter 6

Opposites

 

‘Why should I? It happens all the time’ Surprisingly, Sehun replied her.

‘Friends fight too..?’ Reina didn’t mean to say it out but Sehun heard her. ‘What kind of question is that? Of course friends fight’ Sehun snorted.

‘How would I know? I never had a friend before..’ Reina grumpily said under her breath.

Sehun’s eyes widened at that small confession *She doesn’t have any friends before? Then why would she want me to be her friend?* Sehun saw how unsure Reina was as she watched D.O and Chanyeol quarrel, he smirked then leaned in and asked ‘Do you still want to have me as a friend when we’ll be like that?’

Sehun watched as Reina quietly thought through his question. Reina frowned then seemed determined. Sehun unconsciously chuckled seeing her expression. ‘You just chuckled’ Reina pointed at Sehun, shocked.

Sehun stopped, surprise crossed his face as well. Exo-K stopped to watch what the commotion between them was about. ‘Does that mean Im accepted?’ Reina asked.

Sehun growled ‘No’

‘But you just chuckled. You said you’ll accept me when Im able to make you laugh’ Reina pointed out.

‘Yeah that’s what I said, if you’re able to make me ‘laugh’.’ Sehun stated.

Suho gave Sehun a disapprovingly look ‘There’s not much difference between a chuckle and a laugh. You should keep your promise.’

‘Still, there’s a difference. That’s why they’re separate and name as chuckle and laughter.’ Suho rolled his eyes at Sehun’s immature answer. ‘You’re being ridiculous’

‘Ridiculous? Me?’ Sehun pointed to himself and snorted before pointing at Reina ‘She’s the one being ridiculous’

‘Me?’ Reina confusingly looked at Sehun.

‘How ridiculous could she be? She never had a single friend before and she’s considering whether she should have a friend if they’re going to fight. Who wouldn’t laugh at that?’ Sehun snorted.

Exo-K turned their attention towards Reina ‘You never had a single friend before?’ Reina paused then shook her head. ‘See, how ridiculous is that?’ Sehun said but Suho shot him a look.

‘Why?’ Baekhyun asked.

Reina shrugged ‘Because I don’t see a need to’

Exo-K frowned, even more confused now. ‘Then why would you even want Sehun to be your friend? Why not others? Not us?’

Reina glanced at Sehun from the side of her eyes *Because he’s gay* she returned her gaze back to them and replied ‘Because I thought that he’ll make a good friend’

‘He?’ Chanyeol pointed at Sehun, not believing what he had just heard. Reina nodded. *and gay friend would be the last person to hurt me in this world.*

‘Ha! Hahahahhahahahaha!’ Chanyeol laughed while the others just stare at Reina, thinking that the screw in her head had loosen.

Sehun folded his arms and leaned back in his seat ‘See, I told you. So its not counted.’

‘No, its counted’ It was Kai who spoke this time.

‘Why would it be?’ Sehun challenged.

‘Because we happen to be the one that didn’t laugh at that’ Kai pointed out.

‘Yeah, you lost, accept it’ D.O backed Kai up.

Sehun growled ‘No’

‘Just accept it, how hard is it?’ Chanyeol spoke. Sehun shot him a glare to shut up.

‘You’re the one that made the deal. You should do what you promise’ Suho spoke with authority.

Sehun pointed towards Reina ‘But I don’t think she wants the deal anymore.’ He then looked at her and smirked ‘Do you? Because we’re going to be like them’ he pointed towards Chanyeol and D.O reminding her of what the boys had done previously.

Reina frantically waved her hand in front ‘Aniyo, its not like that. I still want the deal.’ Reina thoughtfully looked at Sehun *I know you wouldn’t hurt me* Sehun smirked dropped when he heard what Reina had said.

It was Kai’s turn to smirk. ‘You were saying?’ Kai leaned back and looked at his buddy.

‘You know how to keep your promise right?’ Baekhyun spoke. Reina looked at Sehun with her big doe eye.

Sehun heaved a sigh and looked away. ‘Whatever’

‘Alright, lets starting eating, the soup is getting dry, we haven’t even put the noodles in yet.’ Chanyeol took the packets of noodles by the side and opened them up.

‘Is eating all you can think of now?’ Suho playfully hit Chanyeol’s head.

Chanyeol touched the spot where Suho had hit ‘Aissh.. Hyung!’ Chanyeol shot him a glare. Suho chuckled and took the packets of noodles to place them in the pot.

Exo-K talked while they waited for the noodles to be ready. ‘Shall we add some cheese too? I suddenly felt like eating cheese.’ D.O said.

‘Call!’ Chanyeol was the first to reply. D.O looked around, Exo-K all agreed. Before D.O could call for the ahjumma to add cheese in their dukkbokki, Suho spoke ‘shouldn’t we asked for her opinion too?’

‘Oh right, I almost forgot’ D.O chuckled and looked at Reina. D.O opened his mouth but he didn’t know what to call her.

D.O scratched the back of his neck and looked at Sehun. ‘What?’ Sehun gave D.O a baffled look.

‘Whats her name?’ D.O mouthed, not wanting to make the situation awkward. After all, they had seen her a few times, it was weird how he didn’t knew her name. ‘How would I know her name?’ Sehun replied without thinking. D.O mentally slapped his forehead. *That kid just had to make the situation awkward.*

D.O fake a small laugh and looked at Reina ‘Erm.. Do you mind if we add cheese?’ Reina shook her head.  ‘Ahjumma, some cheese here!’ D.O raised his hand and called out.

Awkwardness hung around the air. Sehun was the only one that seemed to be not affected by it. Sehun picked up his chopstick and ate some dukkbokki. The ahjumma came and left swiftly after putting some cheese in their pot.

Chanyeol slapped Sehun’s head while he was about to eat again. ‘What?’ Sehun glared at Chanyeol.

‘Arent you going to ask for her name?’ Chanyeol spoke.

‘What for?’ Sehun continued eating. He didn’t see a need to.

Exo-K rolled their eyes at his answer. ‘Because she’s your friend of course.’ Baekhyun spoke.

‘So?’ Sehun asked.

Kai stood up from his seat and pulled Sehun and Reina up from their seat. ‘Know her name, hang around with her, spend some time. Don’t come back. We’ll see you in school tomorrow’ Kai pushed them towards the exit.

‘Mwoh?!’ Sehun turned around but Suho was right behind them and helped Kai. ‘Kai’s right. See you tomorrow in school’ Suho and Kai pushed them out of the store and motion for them to leave. Reina awkwardly looked at Sehun who wasn’t moving. Suho gave Sehun a stern look. With a sigh, Sehun left.